{'en': 'High glucose levels after exercise', 'es': 'Niveles glucosa elevados tras ejercicio'} Image

High glucose levels after exercise

FERNY's profile photo   12/02/2010 7:33 p.m.

ferny said:
hello, Hello,

Let's see if someone can inform me about the subject a bit.You will see, I usually exercise regularly (football).Before performing the exercise I usually at glucose levels that range between 100 or 130. I always perform the exercise at 8. I put slow insulin (Levemir) every night at 12 (5 units).

As I consider that at the time that I am going to perform the effect of slow insulin, together with the little amount I currently wear, I am already very small because I do not worry too much x the fact of suffering a hypoglycemia but x if always perhapsI like an energy bar (15 gr).It usually practices this sport for at least an hour and a half or 2 hours.At the end of the exercise my levels are high: 170,190,200 and even more.

The first time I scared a lot because I have everything under control and suddenly I meet 265 after exercise.Of course, I totally do not know how to act in such a situation, I upload the fast insulin dose before dinner (1 more unit) following the action protocol that my endocrine marked me for when my levels were greater than 150 before dinner.Consequence: Hypoglycemia (45).

From then on I was checking that despite the high levels at which I usually be after exercising my need for insulin decrease considerably to the point of not putting any fast insulin before dinner.Whatever my levels after exercise, or I don't wear anything or x if I put 2 units of fast and my levels 2 hours later do not go from 100 or 120.

All this roll that I have released only to ask you why the high levels after exercise, whether these levels are worrisome or not and what they are a consequence.

I do not be too much to see such high results after the exercise because then everything is perfect but I do not know if that is normal or I do not do things during the exercise as it should.

Well, first of all thank you for reading all this and x your help.

Little by little I learn a lot of things thanks to this forum.A very big greeting for everyone, Thanks.

Hello, it is normal, I will run that daily and when you finish the sugar goes up because the body releases sugar from the reserves to burn them but you have to be careful for then when an hour passes more or less will come down.

Joaquijr Lop's profile photo
Joaquijr Lop
07/02/2017 8:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A little humor by the hand of @"Miexron" ...

fer's profile photo
fer
07/04/2017 4:22 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

ferny said:
hello, it is normal for this to happen, even if only for a few minutes people without diabetes.Since the organism, with the activation of different hormones, makes the glycogen stored in liver and muscle transform into glucose to be used as a source of energy at the time of physical activity.
By not producing insulin, people with diabetes take more in the regulation of glycemia, since you have to do it externally, but over time, even if you have finished exercising, even several hours later in intense exercises, the musculatureYou need to recover the lost glucogen, so the glucose requirement for your ñararte will be greater and glycemia will tend to lower and/or level.
On the other hand, in more trained people, glucose receptors in the muscle (Glut 4) become more sensitive and no longer need so much insulin to introduce glucose to cells.
This is why physical activity is part of the treatment !!;-)
I hope it has served
Greetings

Let's see if someone can inform me about the subject a bit.You will see, I usually exercise regularly (football).Before performing the exercise I usually at glucose levels that range between 100 or 130. I always perform the exercise at 8. I put slow insulin (Levemir) every night at 12 (5 units).

As I consider that at the time that I am going to perform the effect of slow insulin, together with the little amount I currently wear, I am already very small because I do not worry too much x the fact of suffering a hypoglycemia but x if always perhapsI like an energy bar (15 gr).It usually practices this sport for at least an hour and a half or 2 hours.At the end of the exercise my levels are high: 170,190,200 and even more.

The first time I scared a lot because I have everything under control and suddenly I meet 265 after exercise.Of course, I totally do not know how to act in such a situation, I upload the fast insulin dose before dinner (1 more unit) following the action protocol that my endocrine marked me for when my levels were greater than 150 before dinner.Consequence: Hypoglycemia (45).

From then on I was checking that despite the high levels at which I usually be after exercising my need for insulin decrease considerably to the point of not putting any fast insulin before dinner.Whatever my levels after exercise, or I don't wear anything or x if I put 2 units of fast and my levels 2 hours later do not go from 100 or 120.

All this roll that I have released only to ask you why the high levels after exercise, whether these levels are worrisome or not and what they are a consequence.

I do not be too much to see such high results after the exercise because then everything is perfect but I do not know if that is normal or I do not do things during the exercise as it should.

Well, first of all thank you for reading all this and x your help.

Little by little I learn a lot of things thanks to this forum.A very big greeting for everyone, Thanks.

Cari's profile photo
Cari
07/05/2017 7:45 a.m.

I still think that glycosilada is what matters.If that high control time is compensated with good values ​​later, then everything is going well.
In addition, exercise helps control many other things, but you have to look for the guy and the time it goes better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2017 8:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I still think that glycosilada is what matters.If that high control time is compensated with good values ​​later, then everything is going well.
In addition, exercise helps control many other things, but you have to look for the guy and the time it goes better.

Be very careful with glycosilada because it can be very good and control may have been a disaster full of peaks, and this happens.Moreover, many peaks that do not wear an MCG you do not detect them that you have had them.With Glico only Regina is difficult to know how it goes.The doctors often think about Glyc, even us and it may be that a 6.5 glyce is better than a 6 -glyc.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/05/2017 10:35 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Totally agree @jconegar you can have a very good glycosilada and more movements up and down than the dolls of one that plays the maracas

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/05/2017 1:41 p.m.

Hello everyone!!as it may be that after half an hour of swimming and one hour of walking measure my glucose and a level of 154 having previously had 90: I comment that I take metformin 500 in the amlure and dinner, they would like to be informed about the subject, thank you very much, it would be of great help, thanks again, greetings.

heydi1962's profile photo
heydi1962
11/17/2017 2:43 a.m.

jconegar said:
regina said:

Be very careful with glycosilada because it can be very good and control may have been a disaster full of peaks, and this happens.Moreover, many peaks that do not wear an MCG you do not detect them that you have had them.With Glico only Regina is difficult to know how it goes.Doctors often think about Glyc, even us and it may be that a 6.5 glyc

That is what I don't just control.I have a lot of peaks.I do not pass 180 (except rarely) or usually get out of 70 but I am never stable.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
11/18/2017 4:07 p.m.

heydi1962 said:
hello everyone !!as it may be that after half an hour of swimming and one hour of walking measure my glucose and a level of 154 having previously had 90: I comment that I take metformin 500 in the amlure and dinner, they would like to be informed about the subject, thank you very much, it would be of great help, thanks again, greetings.

Hello.My educator told me that after the exercise there may be those increases, that even a person without diabetes can have them.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
11/18/2017 4:09 p.m.

The increases after the exercise have their explanation, when we do an anerobic exercise we expose the body to produce hormones such as adrenaline and cortisone that are stress hormones, it is as if the body understood that it must defend themselves from something and prepare for it by downloadingThe liver glucose in addition to the one already has at the cellular level, not having our active pancreas goes to the bloodstream and the levels are triggered, in a person without diabetes their pancreas controls it.With the aerobic exercise and taking it without aggressiveness, this effect does not occur and we are going ... burning glucose that we must later replenish at the end of it or even during the exercise according to the levels to which we started.

lulu72's profile photo
lulu72
03/11/2018 1:52 a.m.

Hello. I am in the process of finding a training organization to lose a little weight and at the same time avoid post -exercise hyperglycemia that also give me my current strength and definition routine.After reading the forum I have reached these conclusions and I don't know if I'm wrong about something or someone can help me.My conclusion is as follows:
Phase one: Hiit intervals heating of 10 minutes (Oxygen burning = body resorts to glucogen therefore rises blood glucose as stress hormones and liberation from the glucogen of the liver)
Phase two: Anaerobic of superseries of approximately 20 minutes (burning of glucogen and highly high glucose)
Phase three: Moderate Aerobic Exercise of 20 minutes: Fat and glucose burning body (glycemia decreases and fat is lost)
Help Porfaaaa

Carollaguna's profile photo
Carollaguna
11/26/2018 11:27 p.m.

@Carollaguna Anaerobic exercise or hiit usually uploads glucose and cardio La Baja but then in each person there may be differences.You will have to try in your case.
To me the anaerobic does not usually rise to me, at most 20-30 and sometimes neither that and the hiit either but there are days that (this I think is certain days of the month for the hormones, I am still observing to see the cause).
What I do is anaerobic and to end Cardio.I take the freestyle and I control.If I am very fair to the cardio at the end of the weights, I do not do or take glucose before.And during the year I look at every 15-20 minutes and depending on how I am, I stop or take some glucose.
If you do not have a continuous monitor it is more complicated but you can make more controls a few days during the exercise to see how to adjust.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/27/2018 8:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Leave me that I tell you something:
I wanted to tell you something about muscle development and see what you think/recommend.
I have been db 1 for 6 years, before that my weight used to be about 65-69 kg (with my height of 1.69) and my physical shape was a little muscular and very fibrous. Apart my intention was to enter the bodyof firefighters and performed muscle development exercises in the gym and aerobics, to maintain the good physical form and be as healthy as possible.
As is logical and due to the DB, my weight fell, but with the efficient effort I got stabilized between 61-63 kg, for much of the intermediate 4 years.
This last year, my weight has been slightly reduced and I usually range in weight in a very frequent way, becoming at about 55kg of minimum and about 61kg of maximum. As an example I tell you, today Sep 21. My weight is in 58kgand Link A more or less 8 days ago I was in 62kg. I have not varied my diet or insulin administration, so I don't know what really happens to me.
This creates a bad being, sadness and huge discouragement.Above all, I consider being as healthy as possible is the main thing, but seeing how my physical appearance is degraded exponentially also affects me.
Talking with friends and informing me with gyms in gyms, nothing has fixed me, everyone tells me that I will not get an attractive appearance like before, yet and everything having the DB more than controlled.
So what I want to know is, if this has a certain authoritarian truth or on the contrary it turns outWeight exercises forcing the muscles and I have to settle for aerobic exercise to just maintain more or less stable blood glucose figures.
I looked at my mirror every day and my body seems skeletal and my face is that of a drug addict and that creates an evil being and impressive unhappiness.

Thanks for paying my attention.

kosmo's profile photo
kosmo
12/26/2018 11:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.