{'en': 'High glucose levels after exercise', 'es': 'Niveles glucosa elevados tras ejercicio'} Image

High glucose levels after exercise

FERNY's profile photo   12/02/2010 7:33 p.m.

Hello, I have the basal totally flat thanks to the Lantus that is great.I usually play sports just before dinner, which is when the Lantus is already practically not acting.Therefore, 15 minutes before starting aerobic exercise, Padel Pringa level, I put 2 or 3 novorapid units.During the game the glucose rises a little, but as soon as I just started down gently.At dinner I rest those 2 units of fast and do not start eating until I am at 100 or so.As they have said here, if you have eaten pasta or rice, the climb is more beast during exercise.If the previous day you have not exercised, also the climb is greater.This is at least what serves me

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/29/2015 11:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I would like to ask you a question since I can not remove the peak that I have after the exercise, I rarely end up with less than 200. Yesterday I had a 327 peak that I must correct because otherwise I can not lower the blood glucose.
The question is whether during the exercise it would be good to prick some dose of Rapida, from Novorapid.I have already tried everything, to eat before, during and not eat anything depending on how I have the sugar before and nothing works for me or at least I have not found a pattern that does well.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
06/16/2017 9:07 a.m.

fátimagv said:
hello, I would like to ask you a question since I can not remove the peak that I have after the exercise, I rarely finish with less than 200. Yesterday I had a peak of 327 that I oweCorrect because otherwise I can't lower glycemia.
The question is whether during the exercise it would be good to prick some dose of Rapida, from Novorapid.I have tried everything, to eat before, during and not eat anything depending on how I have the sugar before and nothing works for me or at least I have not found a pattern that does well.

Tell us something more of the type of exercise you do, how long, the figures you have before (if you carry MCG), during whether you know them, what type HC you take before for or after.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/18/2017 2:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hi Jconegar !!Sorry not to answer before, because I make hockey online, last an hour and a half the exercise during which only the last 15 or 20 minutes we take sides and it is something stronger, the rest are skating exercises and handling of the stick and stick,

I always have less than 100 glucose before exercise, but more than 80, at most I have 120. I start the class at half past eight in the afternoon, and the last food is at one in the afternoon to avoid having insulin offast action in the body.

Not as nothing before exercise, I have tried to take action hydrates both slow and a yogurt and rapids such as 1 S.A juice but it has given me the same.

I do not carry a continuous glucose meter, but perhaps the good would be controls during exercise, for example every half hour to see how sugar is acting?

The other day for example, I had 69 sugar at half past seven, I took a juice S.A that is fast action to have at least 140 before starting, and ends with 380 sugar and discomfort that I almost leftto the Emergency.This is 69 is something punctual, I put myself 25 and I have regulated 24 that came to dinner.

I have been reading and with the sugar less than 130 it would be necessary to take at least 10-15HC and if it is between 130-160, do not take anything.

All this is also because I want to do some exercise again, I had to leave it and I have come to have the hemo at 6.7 of 8 that was.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
06/19/2017 9:10 a.m.

And for a casual, not so accidental .. will you not use Basal Insulin Tresiba ??

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/19/2017 9:35 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hello !!!, I use Levemir, 24 at twelve in the morning and another 24 at twelve o'clock at night

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
06/19/2017 9:50 a.m.

fátimagv said:
hello jconegar !!Sorry not to answer before, because I make hockey online, last an hour and a half the exercise during which only the last 15 or 20 minutes we take sides and it is something stronger, the rest are skating exercises and handling of the stick and stick,

I always have less than 100 glucose before exercise, but more than 80, at most I have 120. I start the class at half past eight in the afternoon, and the last food is at one in the afternoon to avoid having insulin offast action in the body.

Not as nothing before exercise, I have tried to take action hydrates both slow and a yogurt and rapids such as 1 S.A juice but it has given me the same.

I do not carry a continuous glucose meter, but perhaps the good would be controls during exercise, for example every half hour to see how sugar is acting?

The other day for example, I had 69 sugar at half past seven, I took a juice S.A that is fast action to have at least 140 before starting, and ends with 380 sugar and discomfort that I almost leftto the Emergency.This is 69 is something punctual, I put myself 25 and I have regulated 24 that came to dinner.

I have been reading and with the sugar less than 130 it would be necessary to take at least 10-15HC and if it is between 130-160, do not take anything.

All this is also because I want to do some exercise again, I had to leave it and I have come to have the hemo at 6.7 of 8 that was.

Each one is a world but what accounts is not normal for you to go to 380 mg for sports, using ball so because of lack of insulin is not.A juice that sticks that climb we go with sugar and by adrenaline would consider up to normal 250 but 380 never.
Let's see if you can give us more data from other times.But starting with 100 and not taking anything for an hour and a half exercise would not.
I carry insulin bomb one hour before I started I reduce the basal by 80 % and then if I take HC I always put insulin, less but I always get the famous peak that nobody explains.
Try how you say an analysis in half at least two.
And the juices that you take do not know how many milliliters will be even if they will be 100 %.But if you take a 200 ml juice with sugar and add that climb if you could see it even normal.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/19/2017 8:41 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Hi Jconegar, I don't see it very normal either, I had thought about the rebound effect, that's why the punctures.

I have taken the juices of 200 ml, for the moment this Thursday is the last day, so until September nothing, during the summer the only thing to do is a pool and walk, and so it does not produce those climbs of course.

I will tell you later in September with a new year doing the controls every hour and half an hour to see what is happening because some explanation should have,

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
06/20/2017 8:34 a.m.

The explanation is the intensity of sport and adrenaline that is segregated, perhaps the excess basal influences.With the new concrete basal (Tresiba) when I put at once I checked that regardless of the time I put it after eating, it was a tendency to keep up 140-170 was based on performing a lot of exercise, not making snack andStart exercise with values ​​of 80-120.Now with Toujeo it is more predictable or controllable.You with Levemir by putting it in 2 times you must adjust the peak of action to the exercise you do as well as to try the food before and during performing that exercise.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/20/2017 3:10 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Indeed, although it seems paradoxical, exercise can raise glycemia levels (it happens to me), the exercise lowers blood glucose, but whenever there is insulin presence.I personally, if I have to rectify those climbs quickly.What I also see is that your body is very very sensitive to insulin.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
06/26/2017 2:45 a.m.

Indeed, a light or moderate exercise tends to lower the glucose, in intense exercises the opposite occurs due to an injection of glucose by the liver or by adrenaline release, it has happened to me in fear, for example in an escalation, put me at 300. There is an article (in English) where you recommend in case of drops during exercise, make short high intensity sprints to raise glucose:

Link

I put two pastures:

"It is also possible to maintain the highest blood glucose during exercise, interspersing 4 seconds sprints in easier training every two minutes or more (classes formation interval) (5). These effects are due to a greaterLiberation of glucose by the liver during exercise and less absorption of glucose by the muscles during exercise and recovery (6).

Therefore, every time people begin to develop hypoglycemia during exercise, one thing they can try is to run as strong as they can for 10 to 30 seconds to induce a greater release of hormones that increase glucose.This works better when only a limited amount of insulin is circulating in the blood "

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/26/2017 8:22 p.m.

Olguilla have you tried during the time the exercise lasts to reduce a percentage of the pump basal in instead of disconnecting it?

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
06/26/2017 10:17 p.m.

runing50 said:
indeed, a light or moderate exercise tends to lower glucose, in intense exercises the opposite occurs due to an injection of glucose by the liver or by release of adrenaline, to myIt has happened to me in a fear situation, for example in an escalation, put me at 300. There is an article (in English) where I recommend in case of drops, make short high intensity sprints to raise glucose:

Link

I put two pastures:

"It is also possible to maintain the highest blood glucose during exercise, interspersing 4 seconds sprints in easier training every two minutes or more (classes formation interval) (5). These effects are due to a greaterLiberation of glucose by the liver during exercise and less absorption of glucose by the muscles during exercise and recovery (6).

Therefore, every time people begin to develop hypoglycemia during exercise, one thing they can try is to run as strong as they can for 10 to 30 seconds to induce a greater release of hormones that increase glucose.This works better when only a limited amount of insulin is circulating in the blood "

I read it in a book on diabetes and athletes in English, I tried it and it didn't work for me.

DiabetesForo
06/27/2017 10:28 a.m.

runing50 said:
indeed, a light or moderate exercise tends to lower glucose, in intense exercises the opposite occurs due to an injection of glucose by the liver or by release of adrenaline, to myIt has happened to me in a fear situation, for example in an escalation, put me at 300. There is an article (in English) where I recommend in case of drops, make short high intensity sprints to raise glucose:

Link

I put two pastures:

Here I put the screenshots of the book page where it talks about how to prevent declines.It is this book: Link ;psc=1

I bought it because I go for a run and soon, start normal or high I have hypo unless I take a glyc up. In the end I saw that the examples of diabetic athletes almost all used the insulin pump and the guidelines they gave not served meWhen I use the feathers.Now that I have the bomb I have decided to read it again.

If someone is interested and not dominates English, I can make a translation on top to know what is said

DiabetesForo
06/27/2017 11:53 p.m.

Interesting, you will tell us how it is doing.I have ever noticed after having to make an important and unforeseen effort is that glucose has risen me, but it has been because of the action of adrenaline or the liver escapes me.But the curiosity is bitten a little, although I do not carry any day I try it, in the article that I have put the only limitation that you give is that you have little insulin load.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/28/2017 8:29 a.m.

runing50 said:
interesting, you'll tell us how you are doing.I have ever noticed after having to make an important and unforeseen effort is that glucose has risen me, but it has been because of the action of adrenaline or the liver escapes me.But the curiosity is bitten a little, although I do not carry any day I try it, in the article that I have put the only limitation that you give is that you have little insulin load.

I already say that it did not work for me, but someone can work

DiabetesForo
06/28/2017 8:50 a.m.

Joseludi said:
runing50 said:
interesting, you will tell us how it is doing.I have ever noticed after having to make an important and unforeseen effort is that glucose has risen me, but it has been because of the action of adrenaline or the liver escapes me.But the curiosity is bitten a little, although I do not carry any day I try it, in the article that I have put the only limitation that you give is that you have little insulin load.

I already say that it did not work for me, but someone can work

I have tried several times and the remedy has been worse than the disease when I have tried to do it by putting the heart in sprints in the middle of the race to climb the glucose because the descent has been bestial.
I think as @"Joseludi" books write many times giving information that can be harmful.
What this book indicates
It is to denounce them like this !!!!That is not such an easy advice, there are people who can read it and cause a hiccup that costs it very expensive.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2017 8:52 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

My endocrine told me more than 1 year so that something seems to have been informed and I also tried, finishing the exercise with several strong sprints or on the static bicycle putting a stop of resistance and giving everything but nothing at all, nothing, nothing,If the glucose was descending, descending continued, I understand that you have to have the ability and musculature of Ben Jonhson even if it is not the best example to follow ..: ((((((((

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/29/2017 9:15 a.m.

Jo, then you have already removed it to try it!@-) Thank you guys, I think I'll leave it for another year.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/29/2017 12:37 p.m.

No @jconegar, I do not think that the information is harmful, only that it has not worked for me.

If you read carefully, it explains that in the event that the hormonal response does not work correctly (it is supposed to be the one that causes glucose levels) the result cannot be to maintain the levels.Anyway my hormonal responses I think they work "too well" especially when the effect of dawn begins, hehehe

It comments that the mechanism is simple, by increasing intensity increases the production of hygada glucogen and the decrease in blood glucose spending and the body pulls the glucogen of muscles.The same can produce brutal subsequent declines because the muscles have been empty of glucogen and are taking glucose to fill in those glucogen deposits again.I do not know if I explain myself well and if that was your case @jconegar, if you had hypo immediately or later

Later, I am rereading the book, he says that it is advisable especially in the first hour after sporting to take hydrates to facilitate the speed of that filler of muscles with glucogen and also if we later help with fat intake (of the good) and proteins, the possibility of suffering from hypos in the next 24 or 48 hours is more unlikely.

All this is still guidelines that each one has to try to see if they work because we already know that each one is a universe

DiabetesForo
06/29/2017 9:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.