{'en': 'Count hydrates / rations', 'es': 'Contar hidratos / raciones'} Image

Count hydrates / rations

DanielPD's profile photo   04/29/2014 6:29 p.m.

Hello, let's see if we consider this angle with it getting my best.

My controls are bad, with peaks and we have bad.Not due to lack of effort and attention, nor due to the rectum path (not as chocolate palm trees or things like that, xD!).I have already assumed that I am not going to live much, but if I can take a bit of better quality of life before the mortal yu-yu, better.

The fact is that on my last visit to the nurse gave me some leaves to count the hydrates of each food and such, and since then I take it to Rajatabla (for fifteen years I did it "by eye", with unequal results).

I bought a small electronic scale, so that each food weight is weight, and calculate for food and dinner, between plate with hydrates, bread, fruit, some yogurt perhaps, 6 portions of hydrates.

The result is disastrous: I am much worse now than before.

The thing is that in addition to knowing how to count hydrates you have to know how much insulin corresponds.If not, it is like a dictionary without the translation of words.In principle, I calculated that a ration was an insulin unit.Disappointed, I calculated that 1'5.

Now I think if it will not be double or more.The fact is that most of the time I give rather high, especially in the afternoon in which from two hours of the food, and without ingesting anything, the sugar does not stop getting up until night, and I have to weartwo or three units supplements two and up to three times throughout the afternoon, without getting it down just (the face that remains is that of WTF ??? !!!).

If so, it would be enough to put more, until you find the "fair" level.But once (a couple of times a week perhaps) they also give me down before two hours when the measurement is supposed to be made.And that I lead a rather routine life.Insultantly monotonous (I mean, it is not that one day I suddenly go to run and another is sitting in front of TV all the time, for example. I do every day more or less the same).

Or I don't know how to count the hydrates, or I don't know how to calculate the insulin that corresponds to it, or both, but I am fatal.

I accept all kinds of tips.

PS: Many times, I am greatly surprised at the measurements that come out, being from my point of view the meals that I make more frugal than those of a Tibetan monk.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/29/2014 6:29 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Well, certainly, your case is complicated, as you expose.We can only recommend a lot of patience, many essays with food and insulin, until little by little we will go with the appropriate dose.
For my part, for those afternoons in which you are with such high levels, I only have to recommend the exercise.Of course with a lot of control to avoid declines.But perhaps it is good that you try after the food to take a good walk, make static bike, etc.
Greetings and luck.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/30/2014 4:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At home I have a bike, and I do half an hour in the afternoon to get off.Normally about 100 points.Although apparently if you have more than 200, exercise is bad, for ketosis that (it is always between Malaga and Malagón, XD!).So I don't know very well or what to do.

Regarding that I have another doubt, because well, for the issue of pulsations and others, I don't know if someone will know how to tell me.I can measure them on the bike, and I know how many are the level of danger (220 - age).I usually do not do a career or anything, only moderate trot, and I try not to pass 120 pulsations.More, it scares me.But I don't really know if something happens to have, for example, 150 (with 30 years).Because it gives me the impression that it fatigue me a lot, and between that I am no longer a kid and that this crap of disease also affects the heart ... Well, that I do not know how much I can arrive, so that it is not counterproductive (I do not wantThat happens to those players who suddenly fall dead, unfortunately).

And as in another post that is here, that another partner comments that sometimes the exercise not only does not low it, but the sugar rises more, because sometimes it happens to me too, and my face is 2xWtf ??? !!!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/30/2014 5:55 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Hi @danielpd,

There are several issues about counting carbohydrates and rations, take a look at these that I put here, I think it can help you.

Calculate carbohydrates rations
Link
Rations calculation
Link
count carbohydrates in the insulin pump
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/30/2014 6:44 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Apart from what you have exposed here, I have read other days the things you comment on your diabetes.It is not easy to control it, but it can be done.

If I remember correctly, you get Lantus twice a day, and quickly in meals and to correct when necessary.This, you have to tell the endocrine, but I think it would be best to put Lantus once a day.They say that the lantus has no peak of maximum action, but in my case it is not so ... at 4 hours it makes me lower the glucose about 100, and I have to walk to the parrot to eat something.I think that you get into Lantus twice and may not be the right doses, plus the rapids ... you overlap with each other, they give you lows ... you eat to climb ... and it turns out that "you spend" ... and in the end the day endsbeing a roller coaster.

If I were in your situation, even if I suppose a few days or weeks of lack of control, I would do to put once slowly, I would learn the count of hydrates very well (it is super important ... if you do not know, it is impossible to do well).When I left the hospital, it helped me a lot to make a table in which I had eaten every day, the rations they were, and the insulin I had put on ... because that way you are analyzing.And the fast ratio is to try, but not in all people is an insulin unit by ration.In my case it is for every 3 portions, an insulin unit.

Once you have that dominated 100%, I would start exercising little by little.Here is a theory, but then everyone knows what is best for him.If you are going to exercise after eating/breakfast you have to put less insulin, in my case I don't even shed (yes, as in 10 minutes I have already put on ... but the sugar begins to climb.)

Look for exercises that are aerobic.At most that you are 85%, if you are 30 years old do not pass about 160 pulsations.

Apart from that there are diabetes where things happen that "have no explanation", I think that in your case it can be improved with diabetological education and well -adjusted treatment.Do not be discouraged, surely with effort you end up seeing positive results.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/30/2014 7:32 a.m.

What I see is that education, what is said education, have given me rather little.Yes that happens to me, that to correct down at the end you have uploads, then you have to compensate ... and it is impossible.Yes that many people have already told me about the Lantus, to see if I see my endocrine and comment this, what happens is that it touches you when it touches you, and you have to wait months ...

Meanwhile, I hope to experience a little with what you tell me.Thank you!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/30/2014 7:43 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Well, I celebrate that you confirm that the exercise with the bike is doing well.Of course, great.Also go down and climb stairs.Low immediately those 100 points that you comment.Of course I am from type II and I have less risk of declines.I think the thing is to measure after an hour or two of the food, see how you are, and to the exercise if necessary.
I am quite older than you, therefore I try not to make a strong effort, but rather moderate, but more time.In your case I would try not to pass those 120 pulsations, why punish the body with more intensity.And if you see it convenient, instead of half an hour, 40 minutes, but I don't think there is a need to sweat as a professional athlete.It is my opinion, of course.
And as other users tell you, you will have to fight a lot with your servings and your insulin measures, until you get the balance, which you can undoubtedly achieve.
Luck.

DiabetesForo
04/30/2014 7:51 a.m.

Would there be no way to advance the consultation?Go to the GP, Explain what happens to you and you could send you an urgent steering wheel.You cannot be like this months, when you start before it will be better.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/30/2014 7:53 a.m.

Well, before I see the nurse ... but you know how these things are going: a starcuture and a few steps to everyone the same.And then each body is a world.There are people who with little effort seem that their diabetes goes "in autopilot" and leave the milk ... and there are others that seem that our body refuses.Ceo more than there are two types of diabetics regarding the effect of treatment, because for not wanting it is not.
Anyway, to see what I get.At the moment I have already lowered the Lantus, and in effect, between hours do not give me unexpected declines ... Greetings!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/30/2014 7:58 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Miguel, in the pulsations I do not agree.He is young, looking for a sport that he likes and practices it without fear.If you are aware of not passing the 120 pulsations, you will not enjoy, apart from the fact that the 120 pulsations are already taking a bit light ... that that limit is not set.You can play padel, football, hiking, bike ... whatever you want.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/30/2014 7:59 a.m.

Well, in a few months I will have electro.I will ask the cardiologist what better about it.
I am crowded, in case they detect something.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/30/2014 8:19 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

It is seen that in this diabetes we all have our opinion and each case is a world.
Of course, with those disorders in the measurements, I would not start a strong sport without fear, unless doctors recommend it.
The risk of declines would increase alarmingly.
The best, what you have recommended before, new visits to medical consultations until you get someone to give you a solution.

DiabetesForo
04/30/2014 8:59 a.m.

I wouldn't play sports either.I have said to exercise little by little, with a head, and choose something you like.;)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/30/2014 9:46 a.m.

Daniel, I think they are right that the main problem you have is that the basal does not have it well calculated.The lantus in the childhood.It is a disaster, you have to solve it anyway ... Have you consulted for the insulin pump?

tica's profile photo
tica
04/30/2014 10:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

It is that the bombs do not know very well how it goes, or if it really brings any advantage, or if it comes out more expensive than normal syringes.If it is certainly more expensive I can not afford it.
My endocrine never told me anything about it, I don't think I would consider it practical.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/30/2014 10:15 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Are you from Spain?In what cases the SS subsidized and does not entail any extra spending.

I did not get well with the Lantus and with the bomb if.

tica's profile photo
tica
04/30/2014 11:06 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Yes ... from Madrid.
I will ask the endo when I go ...

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/30/2014 4:26 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Ola Danielpd I hope you are getting hit with your measurements and caloria counts about the sport that does not fear the sport is health I am not telling you that I go to the Iron Man but if you are not afraid of many we are athletes and we get along very well II encourage you not to think so much about the consequences of diabetes and make normal life that in the end is what we have to do a greeting and luck

Fdez2257's profile photo
Fdez2257
05/02/2014 2:59 p.m.

It is happening to me more or less the same as @danielpd and the doctor has the lantus divided into 2;7 in the morning and 3 at night but how I have the high glucose especially when I wake up because today I have climbed 5 and see.My question is someone I would know how to advise me to put all the Lantus at once?That is, the twelve and if I do it, I should put the night or wait for the morning and put on all that touches me? Thank you.

I hope you are going andengo better Daniel

Dori's profile photo
Dori
11/01/2015 4:59 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

Hi @danielpd,

Let's see if this can help you.

And regarding your sensitivity factor and insulin ratio/HC I imagine that you will have calculated it with your doctor, but you must try on a normal pre-power glucose.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/01/2015 8:40 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.