3 -year -old child experiences with Dexcom G4

renoca's profile photo   05/28/2014 3:52 p.m.

My child is 7 years old, use Dexcom and yes, I like it.The bad thing is that it is very thin and the sensors last at most two weeks ... and that is a paste ... the insert is too complex but it is not painful.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
11/30/2016 7:21 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

My child is 7 years old, use Dexcom and yes, I like it.The bad thing is that it is very thin and the sensors last at most two weeks ... and that is a paste ... the insert is too complex but it is not painful.I am quite happy although it is not miraculous.If you can economically worth it.

Papajesus1
11/30/2016 8:21 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

It is not because Dexcom takes, but if you see the video it does not seem very complex.It is true that the first and second because it may be that one overwhelms them because they are expensive and be afraid to do it wrong, but the third one gets without problems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2016 12:05 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Jorge ... insisting him in a child, nervous the child and nervous the father is not the same as in an adult, once you know it does well, but the first insertions in a child are not easy ... although it is work forThe father is not painful and if the child does not scare anything or find out.I must also say that he has many advantages and I did not change my dexcom for anything .... that alarm of descent at 3 in the morning and that calm night with everything controlled ... the parents I think they know what I am talking about...uff ... when it goes well, that relieved.

Papajesus1
12/01/2016 7:38 p.m.

I like Dexcom more and less the free.
If the SS came to finance the continuous measurement, we would know what to ask.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2016 7:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

papagesus1 said:
Jorge ... insisting him in a child, nervous the child and nervous the father is not the same as in an adult, once you know about doing well, but the first insertionsIn a child they are not easy ... although it is work for the father because it is not painful and if the child does not scare anything or find out.I must also say that he has many advantages and I did not change my dexcom for anything .... that alarm of descent at 3 in the morning and that calm night with everything controlled ... the parents I think they know what I am talking about...uff ... when it goes well, that relieved.

I have put several dexcom to what I really say.It is better that the first time it is not the father who puts him and that the second time put the father with the same person who put the first and went well.
And children are children and notice the nervousness of the parents, so it is not good for the firstPerson takes it, that the child has touched and experienced.But come on, it is a personal opinion and I can be wrong, I can have put about 10 children.

@regina are not comparable, they are two different worlds, each one is needed, but if you give it the social security or subsidize part and come out for the same price we would all know what to ask.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2016 9:53 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.