3 -year -old child experiences with Dexcom G4

renoca's profile photo   05/28/2014 3:52 p.m.

Today we have finally received our Dexcom and we have put it this morning to the little boy.
I open the thread to share my impressions and experiences in case I can help someone who is thinking of using it.
At the moment I can only say good things, the feeling of tranquility that has given us since the first minute is priceless.
Tonight we will measure you again to compare values ​​and I will tell you more about it as the days go by, at the moment your note is 8.5 hehe
Let's see if social security puts the batteries because I think this type of meters are really a great help for diabetics

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/28/2014 3:52 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Excellent!What tranquility right?

We continue with the same sensor, from May 6 so 23 days it lasts for us.

Where have you put it?In the culete?

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
05/28/2014 5:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Congratulations Renoca, without a doubt, it will be a lot of peace of mind, if as a user has meant a radical change in my life as a diabetic (for me it has been the above "to healing"), I imagine that in your case, it is a peace of mindHuge (luckily my son is not diabetic, but if it were, he would have a dexcom above any thing).Enjoy it all the time you can, do not hesitate, give an impressive quality of life (it is 3/4 of the artificial pancreas that will come).And I hope that the social SS will put the batteries, but I am afraid that we will continue to bleed with the prices we have (for now, I think the closest will be the Abbott meter, which has nothing to do with a Dexcom,It is not continuous measurement, but if they finance it it will be an advance ... but they will do it not to "improve our life", simply because it will be "low cost" and will come out from the first month, cheaper than to give strips"They will only give it to those who spend many-).You see ... They keep looking like the "donkeys", only forward (the carrot), and do not see that spending a little more, they will save (of course it will not be that the merit is taken by another politician from another legislature... so each one guides it and eats it, and so it goes).

greetings and enjoy it

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/28/2014 5:25 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thank you very much... 23 days with the same sensor ???That seems great to me!Hopefully everyone is like that!
Yes, we have put it on the culete and the measurements that we have checked with the glucometer are quite precise the truth.
We are getting used to and today we had it with ups and downs all day.You also have to learn to handle so much clear information.Before we knew the level of one moment every three hours, but now being seeing at all times how and where it goes it has made us make some "error".
Of course, the quality of life of everyone is improved enough.And they have not spent 24 hours!

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/28/2014 9:49 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

And many endocrine still do not see the benefit and security that gives us to be monitored 24 h, incredible right?I am already addicted, the day that the sensor ends, I will be a few days without it ... Nothing like the lame that goes without crutches gives me anxiety not knowing how I am and if at any time I will have adescent.I imagine that in the parents that feeling will still be greater, because the little girls do not know how to say if ethan with a descent ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/29/2014 4:57 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello gala, sadly it is so (luckily, some, few, the least, know what there is and are a few steps ahead of the rest in this technological world).Now ... a few weeks ago, in La Coruña, was the endocrinology service of the city hospital and some president of some diabetic association, in a talk about the "dogs that detect hypoglycemia."Shame, not for the chuchos, or by the president of that/s associations (they do not have experts, they are usually normal people), but for the endocrine, sorry, yes, embarrassment of others.The next thing is to appear on the Teletienda.
The continuous measurement that they want for us carries 4 legs, but ... do you think that a son of a diabetic endocrine would have a dog or a dexcom?Come already ..... and the following will be to recommend the telegram instead of using mobile phones.
I get bad, really, seeing all this.Of course, when, in a few years (I hope not many) this continuous measurement is standardized, they will come to say that "they already advocated these systems."Come on, the usual.And I complain about what touches me -fineNo, but that children under 10-14 years, mandatory, as well as quality needles and not the chopsticks insuffer people who give to Galicians, children do not).
That said, within 10 years, we will see many medallies of the "continuous measurement", and of course, they will not really promote it (I know one).

Greetings and courage, with Dexcom everything will be easier, for my part, I congratulate you and I think you do the best you can do for your children.

pabloj2000
05/29/2014 8:47 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

It is that the child does not tell you how he is, we have once measured him and was below 40 and playing in the park so quiet .....
I one of the things that I see worse is that they will not even inform us of the existence of these meters, it is worth not financed ... that it is already bad, but it is not even reporting their existence and benefits ...
Good luck we are "parents 2.0", because I suppose that many other parents will not even know that these devices exist and the tranquility they can give them ... shame!

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/29/2014 9:21 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

Renoca, when you improve the hemo, thanks to the dexcom, it is very clear to the endocrino and the nurse, eh?, That you were those who achieved it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2014 11:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That is done @regina;) ... to top it up they hang the medallita ... would be fatar more!

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/29/2014 12:35 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

It is already giving me a little thing that takes it so many days ... I don't know ... Maybe I say a buried, but I think that it is infected or something there so long ..... Pablo and Gala, it will be badTake it so long in the same place? How much is the maximum that a sensor has endured? Before the sensor failure begins to "measure" bad or do strange things or work 100% until the sensor failure comes out?

In my case it was the endocrine who told me about these devices, in fact the girl put it in La Paz because she asked for it, as they were going to put the bomb, the endocrine wanted to see 24 hours several days.When we told him we had decided to mortgage us, he told us that if we could afford it, in children it was very highly recommended.I do not know, my endocrine is that it is a love, the fantastic educator, the endocrine who have seen her when she was admitted (she saw all the service being so small) and the head of unity, let's go off my hat of howThey worry, they are involved, super affectionate all with the girl ... and in favor of everything that is for the benefit of controlling my little diabetes, we cannot complain the truth, everything is facilities within their clear possibilities.

nuriavegal
05/29/2014 4:44 p.m.

Hello Nuria, do not be afraid to take it for a long time, the "problems" begin because it takes off, you can give it itching (the adhesive), but while it marks correctly, anx up (they are worth a paste), for more short durations, you will have others... Personally on some occasion I took 3 weeks (the least) and systematically I took him 2 (for about 6 years), he stretched it before until 3 or more, but I saw that I was fighting with him (wrong measures, ????, etc ... And come on, that it is not the dexcom to "correct it", it is the other way around), and already in the second reboot if I see that I make error, I don't even bother and change it.There are people who take 3 weeks, 4, and even a few days ago I met a girl who took 58 days!There are also people who take 8-10 days.

When the sensor approaches at the end, you will see it by many peaks (that is, to mark 150 instead of being a "table", it makes you undulations even if it remains approximate), ???, loss of arrow of trend and difference inThe important calibration.
I, in a small child, while leaving it well, but as soon as I see any of these indications, I would directly change the sensor, because stretching it I think you will win 2-3 days, or that, with regular measurements, false alarms,etc ... It is not about waste, but precisely the idea that protects the boy or girl, since he may not be able to detect the problems.

I am glad you have found a good team of endocrine, and for what you tell, they know the result of Dexcom.

All the best

pabloj2000
05/29/2014 5:02 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thanks Paul.Yes, yes ..., as soon as we begin to see strange things outside, anyone risks!;-)
At the moment it goes like the first day ..., my restlessness is a bit that, that is with a mega adhesive put (because the commercial did not have small when it came), that the skin is irritated because "it does not breathe"or that the point where the sensor is inserted to take so many days is infected .....
Fear gives me the day I pete and we have to remove the piece of adhesive ... Poor thing my ...With the little ones you want no ...

nuriavegal
05/29/2014 5:22 p.m.

Hello everyone!I am planned to get one of these ... here social security finances it as long!We also measure the poor that the truth is sorry!So I'm following them to see how experiences.

greetings

Pam's profile photo
Pam
05/29/2014 7 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hi Pam ... where do you say the SS finances it with a weight reason?(I have it, without him, we have about 10 and 2-3 daily fat hypos).Account, counts ...

pabloj2000
05/29/2014 7:36 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, looks at the firm, live in Vienna .., pfff, here we still have ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2014 8:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Nuria, to me the sensor that has lasted the most are 32 days, marking perfectly, what happens to me when the sensor fails is curiosidate because it does not start failures or run out of trend, what it does is when it meets the 4weeks, when I restart that 4th week from the beginning to leave ???And for more what tries to restart him does not leave ???Only one lasted 4 more days.Another failed me at 3 weeks and the last one was michas?I took ahead.Adi that I have no complaint of duration.
Nuria, a truquillo to take off the sensor: with pure acetone (do not remove enamels because if you will not havecotton in sinning without rubbing and nothing or a drop of glue or a pull (hospital truquillo).
When you take off the sensor, in the insertion zone it will have a red dot, it is normal, it is removed in 3-4 days.Change the side in the following.I trim the Apbito, which only on how a finger on each side, like half of the aposty. It is that if the poor will be plasticized, because those who give you a sample are enooooorore.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/29/2014 8:17 p.m.

Thanks Gala.
The pure acetone had read it or they had told me, I don't know, but for baby skin it gave me a little fear ... where do you buy it?In drugstore?

nuriavegal
05/30/2014 7:09 p.m.

If in ancient drugstores or in craft stores because in supermecados you do not find it.
The Apit that I trim is not that of the sensor, I mean the extra, I don't know if I explained well

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/30/2014 8:04 p.m.

Hello good morning,
I am new here!I have a 7 -year -old DT1 daughter from 3. We have been valuing the possibility of buying the Dexcom for a while, but we panic the insertion system.I have seen several videos and I think torture.We are currently free users ... Alba does not carry a bomb ....
Any experience with experience could advise me?

Cristina Uve's profile photo
Cristina Uve
11/30/2016 10:01 a.m.

@"Cristina Uve" does not really notice.I have already put it to several children with the potatoes in front, I do not tell you one or two, if you put the strong TV that do not hear the click I assure you that they do not even find out.
Real torture anything.It is not necessary to carry a bomb to carry the Dexcom and personally I think it is the best method that currently exists and more if we talk for a child.
Look at this video I recorded it because they asked me in a group for a long time to see how I put it on my arm alone, the uncle is a beggar but more or less explain it well and you will see how everything goes, hahaha.
I assure you that the puncture is not noticeable, even less than a syringe needle, all you have to do is press quickly without fear.
Link

All the best,

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2016 11:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.