My appointment has already arrived at the endocrine, I tell you ...

VICTORGR's profile photo   01/17/2011 10:21 a.m.

Hello everyone, because if Porfin arrived the day of my appointment.Tell you that thank you very much to everyone for solving my doubts in this forum, since you have helped me a lot and I have gone a lot more prepared to the appointment, especially Owash, TNT, Alea, etc.Consult, in this case it was endocrine, by the way very very very friendly, we are going a charm.Well, I tell him that I am diabetic for 5 years, the treatment I have, that I am very badly controlled ..... So the first thing that tells me is that I am type 1 diabetic, and I say how?Type 1?, And he tells me, of course, with the characteristics that I have told him that I am type 1 but nevertheless, I will make an antibody test to ensure (tnt .... always in the nail), total, thanI hallucinated because it has left her, I have not had to tell her anything, then I have told her that if I am type 1 as I continue taking pills as if it were type 2 or were on a honeymoon, and she has told me that the pills do notThey do anything at all, that with the lantus I have the basal cover, but that the climbs after the meals are not normal do not go down from 230 and then I was prescribed apidra, come on, an endocrine that serves me and does not send me for home, I can't believe it ... and above supersimpatic, come on ... luxury.Total that Apidra has prescribed me, two at breakfast, 4 at meals and 4 at dinners, we will try under myself until we give in the nail.As in this hopital it does not belong to me theoretically as I commented, that I had voluntarily changed to another, seeing that I am not from the area to an interrogation face, so I have told him that I have passed through 4 different endocrine in the hospital that IIt belongs and that nobody had ever helped me at all, or explained anything, and I chose to change the other, and of course it has become wider than Pancha.Total, that the woman has told me that they are going to enter the Hospital de Dia for 3 days, they will study me with another 3 diabetics, I have to go three mornings to the hospital, give me breakfast, and then and then of eating and thenFor house, so three days to do a study, to try if I am immune to insulin and if they can control me well or have to put the "bomb", I did not believe it, that without saying anything at all, this woman meHe has helped more than any endocrine has done it in 5 years, and on top of me.I also commented on glucagon, and he told me that there was no problem that prescribed it at the time and the reactive strips I have to spend 2 a day and she has put me 4. They are not many, there are 120 per month, but compared to what I had, because I even have plenty, hahaha. Well in summary, that I have left supercontent, that have changed me to the treatment that I need and I do not have the slightest doubt, before eating I had 189 and nowthat it has not yet done two hours and having eaten a lot in case to try I have 160, you know what it is for me to have those values ​​???I can't believe it.And on top of that he has worried personally to sign up for the Dia Hospital, which hopefully even her monitor when he goes.Well in the end I have left questions in the air, but since I have you because I will help me, one is that nothing of the snack has told me, so I do not know if I have to click Apidra, although I do not think so, anyway, I do not reduce every day only the week that I am in the afternoon in the curro, and another doubt is the sport, I have not told him that when I practice sport I do, that as before running and if when I run in the afternoonIf I have to click the same units of Apidra at dinner or I can download it ... well that I already suppose I will see it little by little.Well family, that you have helped me a lot and that today I am very happy for as a result.You will say that I am crazy that I look like a boy boy, but reallyThat I am very happy and at least they have not told me a "no" to the bomb, out of herself do the tests to see if she can put it to me, we can be asked.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/17/2011 10:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Victor, you don't know how those good news is glad.
I know what it is to roll from endocrine in endocrine, until you give you who understands you.To see what result these tests give you, but we already told you from the beginning that the treatment you had did not seem correct to us.You will see how as long as you adjust the insulin all improves.And if he is a bomb supporter, better than better.
You are already telling us how glycemias and if you have to adjust.

The snack, in principle the lantus only covers the basal, so, if you snack, you should get apidra, unless you take some things without hydrates (some turkey slices, for example).

As for exercise, you must see how your body behaves.Recommended to always measure yourself before starting.Never start above 250 or below 100. Measure at the beginning every 15 or 20 minutes and, in case of just, take juice, or Aquarius, or similar and, if necessary, any cookie.

Remember that exercise usually uploads glycemia in the short term, but after a few hours they can plumn.Only with many controls and adjusting you can see your needs.

Have us informed. Ok?And you know, for doubts, here you have us.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 10:56 a.m.

I am glad that you have given a minimally decent endocrine, which at least speaks and listens to the patient and that the majority of the things that we tell you such as the diagnosis, the change of treatment to onlyInsulins, antibody tests ...

If you are going to be with Lantus + Apidra (or Levemir + Novorapid or similar) in principle it is not necessaryNovorapid).

If you say that you work in shifts (a few weeks in morning and other weeks in the afternoons) it would be necessary to lookMeals can be moved without much problem (I say it in case you have to advance or delay breakfast, food or dinner).

I do not have much idea of ​​insulin bombs, I may also go, especially because of the topic of schedules but that is better than someone who has a bomb but already with the change you comment on things will go better.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 11:07 a.m.

The first congratulations ...
Now you have the difficult thing ... Adjust the fast insulin: D ... but your quality of life will increase greatly.
Your physical state will improve in a matter of days and your emotional state also, which everything influences.

One of the indications of the insulin pump is in patients with times similar to yours ... the lantus (and the levemir) are sensitive to the schedules (hormones through), so it does not surprise me that a half decent endocrineYour case is the beginning of continuous infusion therapy.

Important that you do not stay there ... it is necessary that the endos schedule us annually (as minimal) the reviews of feet, eyes, kidneys, thyroid, tension, weight ...
Little by little.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 11:55 a.m.

Thank you very much to everyone.The truth that now I have to learn the doses well, which if I wanted to ask you if it is not much more discomfort is how much you lie down more or less.It is that if it goes down like noon and after two hours I am 90 scares about hypoglycemia in the middle of the night, how do you see it?With how much it is more or less advisable to bed to not have hypos.The Lantus has told me to put it at 23 hours, because it is the schedule that leaves at work time at 23 I am at home.And another ask, what do you eat?The question will sound rarely, but I am used to eating with no sugar, when I say anything sugar I mean that if as fried fish it is with chickpea flour so that it does not have flour, not just like just a little bread that isHe calls wasa that has nothing sugar or bischers of roasted bread without sugar or salt, if as macaroni I do not miss meat, just aton because the meat would increase the sugar that already gives us the pasta.Thus, a lot of things, I usually take care of myself very well in that aspect, and that is what I did not cut with respect to the results I had later.Well, that if you eat as if you did not have diabetes, man is clear that I do not mean cakes or sweets, I mean normal food, it is afraid of eating what a normal person eats and that insulin knows meCover, or continue as I followed me in case it gives me low.I know everything is with one's experience but you help me a lot.And forgive me for tant question, but it seems that I am in my debut.Thank you very much to everyone.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/17/2011 12:11 p.m.

Victor doesn't surprise me that you are happy, it's not for less ...
As for what you ask about the meals, you will have to try and for that you have no choice but to measure yourself often and it would not be bad to point everything, what you eat, the insulin that you put on to see the grams of carbohydrates of carbohydratesThat covers an insulin unit.That would help you a lot to vary the diet and not have restrictions.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 12:25 p.m.

Victor, you can not just eat everything, but you must do it.
A balanced diet needs carbohydrates.It would be good for your endocrine to guide you a diet for portions.So you know how many hydrates you have for each meal and how much insulin put you, choose what kind of hydrates you prefer every time.
I spend a magnificent website so that you understand what I am talking about:

Everything is a matter, as Prado tells you, to try.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 12:41 p.m.

The objectives trying to achieve are (according to the Association of American Diabetics) have between 80 and 120 mg/dl before meals and between 140 and 180 mg/dl after meals.All this orientative.

As there are enough hours between dinner and breakfast, maybe you are interestedThe basal) but all this is orientative, each one is a world.

With the theme of food ... possibly those days that you say that you are going to have to go to the hospital give you a talk/diet for portions, carbohydrates and things like that.

Now that you are only with insulin, try to wear sugar above all if you are adjusting doses.Every patient treated with insulin can suffer hypoglycemia, it is very easy to pass with insulin.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 12:59 p.m.

Alf thanks for the page is very interesting, thanks to everyone for continuing to help me.TNT tell you that yes, that I have bought glucosport in case it gives me a low, which will most likely.And another thing, you use Lantus too, you know that when we lower the dose or climb it we have to do it two by two and with a day in between, or at least it is what they told me from the beginning, do youWith Apidra would happen the same?That is, I can prick today 4 before dinner and tomorrow if I see that it gives me low I can prick 3 or also have to be two by two and that all that roll.I suppose that is different and I would have to use it according to the needs of the moment not?, And until how long it is making me react, because the fast one that I was late from 1 to 6 if I remember correctly but the ultrarapide is until thethree hours or am I wrong?And that, to see what they tell me when those 3 days enter me, it will take more or less a month to call me because with Christmas they have delay, but I am looking forward to the day.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/17/2011 1:12 p.m.

Victor until you control the issue of carbohydrates (food in general) and insulin ... changes always have to be conservative ... go up or down 1 unit, both of Lantus and Apidra ...

The Apidra has an immediate start (15 minutes more less) and extends until 2 or 3 hours depending each ...

Types of insulin:

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 1:21 p.m.

Little to add to what Owash has said, until you control the issue of diet due to portions, the rations of carbohydrates that you have to take for breakfast / food / dinner and know a little of your sensitivity to insulin the insulinApidra changes make them one by one.

Once you have more or less adjusted the doses of the Apidra (you are not yet in this situation) to make movements would have to wait 2 or 3 days to see that you leave high (or low) of that same meal repeatedly and notIt is a single day, but come on ... that the issue of movements in the doses each does what they can.

The movements in the Lantus takes a lot more time to see them and to make changes you have to wait quietly 4 or 5 days and well ... they told me to make the changes of two in two in two but that there will be as many different recommendations asNumber of endocrine / educators / diabetics exist.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 2:20 p.m.

Victor, what a joy to see you so happy !!!
It makes illusion when one finds solutions, or say, see the light after a long tunnel !!! Luckily you found a good endo!
And as they tell you above, you will see that illusion, even more, when you dominate the issue of rations, you can eat everything (in moderation, like everything in this life) and see that your figures do not alter because you know how to count the rationsAnd consequently, act and put the appropriate insulin at all times ... and thus stop taking WASA bread, which knows Alfalfa ... Come on, how to suck a cardboard ... hehehe :))

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/17/2011 2:33 p.m.

Ok, I just have a lot of patience to spend time and can control me better.I thank you very much for all the animals and the aid, I will continue to inform you and give the Tostón with my questions.Millions of thank you all.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/17/2011 3:27 p.m.

Victor, congratulations. !!!! ... You'll see what change of life as soon as you set the guidelines ... I'm a lot.To the rest, nothing to add to what they have told you.

A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/18/2011 4:55 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Yes, I only have to learn, now I am with the ride, precisely last night I already gave me a hypoglycemia.But well, after the scare I have already learned that I can't prick 4 at night.The truth is that I am eating very little, I am not the typical of eating first, second and dessert.I eat one with a casis always salad and that's it, the endocrine told me that 4 und.From Apidra at noon and at night, and he told me that we were going to start under the low, because less badly, haha, today at noon I have punctured 2 to see how such, because I see it excessive.But well, in general, I am very happy I just need time.all the best.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/18/2011 8:35 a.m.

Victor is to prescribe a fixed dose of Apidra seems to me at least one daring.If you do not eat, at least, four rations of hydrates or 40 grams of carbohydrates it is logical that it gives you a hypoglycemia: shock:.
In addition, depending on what you eat and glycemia before eating you will have to vary those doses, one day you will need 4 another day 3 or whatever ... in short that you should often measure yourself and see the doses little by little.

DiabetesForo
01/18/2011 10:08 a.m.

Victorgr, congratulations for having found a good endocrine, now to follow the right treatment, and take care of yourself, but hey, you can eat everything, it is not necessary to be so demanding, adapting insulin with the hydrates because you can eat everything, 4 units 4I insulina seem a lot, normal that they give you hypos, but hey, each one is a world, now it is time to try until you find the right pattern.
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
01/18/2011 10:20 p.m.

I know I am very heavy, but let's go that I am freaking out.Today before eating I had 90 that for me is a record of a century ago, but the strong thing is that I seemed french fries, which makes us not like, total, that I say we will have to take risks to learn the subject of theHydrates, and I have eaten a dish of fried potatoes (thank God of cholesterol we walk to too low) and I have fried two eggs.Almost na.And two hours after eating I have 190. You imagine since when I do not have these values?160 because they give me hypos.But well for the rest, very very happy.
By the way, that today it has been to try, that I continue with my diet you will not think that I am going to put on a cow in two days, hahaha.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/20/2011 9:42 a.m.

Well, you're already putting the alarm clock at 3 or 4 in the morning to see how you are at that time ...

Have the controlled night (glycemic speaking, below 140) guarantees great control ... if you control the night you have a third of day already glycemically controlled (8 hours).
If you manage to go to bed below 140 and you also get up below that figure you have a lot of cattle.

Normally with nocturnal hypos, most we wake up ...
I do wake up at night, on 99% of the occasions is that I am low (about 50) ...

DiabetesForo
01/20/2011 12:57 p.m.

Well, that Owash, that is the worst thing I have, the alarm clock, luckily or misfortune I have been putting it over 4 and taking it because I had 49 as 400, that is what I need to control.Last night two hours after dinner I had 169, because I took two skim yogurts before bed because I scare my low.And I got up with 110. And I'm afraid more than anything because I have had so many nocturnal hypos that I didn't even notice, one night my wife woke up and woke up because we suspected that I was going to give me a low one and he asks me, you noticelow?And I then.Total that she got up because I was not calm, I made the test and I had it 42. I made a jump from the bed that you do not see, and when I got up if I noticed the typical tremors and everything.That's why I'm afraid because my body was getting used to having so many changes that I don't even notice.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/20/2011 1:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.