Again here ...

Nana's profile photo   02/19/2011 11:22 a.m.

Nana does not have to make the thing difficult, with this treatment you have now is easier.Very important as TNT tells you, it is always to put the Lantus at the same time and if you already have it well adjusted it is a matter of knowing how many hydrates an insulin unit covers you.
I understand that you know the diet for portions, right?Well, every time you eat something with hydrates, Apidra, a ration of hydrates plus a unit, depends on your ratio.Insulina and what a difference: D ...... There is no color hahaha .....
Where are you from?....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/22/2011 10:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The food schedules with a basal-bolus treatment you can move or you can even skip some food, there you will have freedom of schedules (at meals) but with the basal insulin (lantus) there is no freedom of schedules, it has to be to beVery rigid, very punctual.

Center, if you have problems with the current schedule of the Lantus, ask to move that schedule to another time of the day where you have no problems to be able to meet it in a timely manner (if you have sleep problems, consider the move of the Lantus schedule at noon for example whereThere you will always be awake).

Until you meet this from the schedules of basal insulin, your diabetes control will not be good.

With respect to the meals you do ... with a basal-bolus treatment whenever something you eat, you have to inject ultra-trap insulin (in your case Apidra) however small.
The only exception to this is to have to eat something to get out of hypoglycemia, in that case you do not have to inject ultra-trap insulin.

I comment this because you have written it seems that you have breakfast twice (one at about 5:30 am and another at 10:30 am) and one of those twice (the one of 5:30 am) you eat or babiesSomething (coffee with milk or milk alone) and you don't get ultra-opted insulin (Apidra).
I do not understand because you have breakfast twice but if you do you should do it well, if the dose of basal insulin (lantus) you already have it more or less adjusted to your needs whenever you are going to eat or drink something you will need some apidra.
The lantus is only to cover the basal, it is only to cover the glucose that is releasing the liver throughout the day, the lantus will not cover the carbohydrates (however few) a glass of milk.

With a basal-bolus treatment if you are going to eat 6 times a day, those 6 times will need their corresponding 6 pricks of ultra-opted insulin (Apidra).
If this is very hard (every time you eat puncture and want to eat 6 times a day) ask for the insulin pump already.

TNT and peeled are right, I will have to change the basal schedule as you say, notLittle is that I finished having breakfast I don't like
Later in the morning, today I melevant Alas 7:00 and forced myself to breakfast with 6 from Apidra and at 10:30 he had it in 112;12:30 pm.129 Mild and fish and salad lunch and just in case I put 3 of Apidra.That click has me crazy.That's why I want to see if I wear the bomb.

Prado I am Cuban, but at 11 I left Cuba and I was in Puerto Rico until I married, now I live in Florida.

So ... I am a American citizen of Cuban and Puerto Rican origin by adoption.:))

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/22/2011 1:33 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

I was lost by the grandchildren, I could only read two or three times.Well again thanks to everyone, I am more stable and I grabbed the game to the carbohydrates and the apidra.;)

Greetings paratodos.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/26/2011 9:05 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Hello, greetings to all and welcome to the new ones.

Whenever I have a while I read you to keep information up to all with all of you.With the new insulins I am doing wonders, I keep the levels super, although sometimes I have a problem of descents, I inject I calculate what I am going to eat and if I do not feel like eating everything, Zas!Download at two or three hours, I have no appetite and what is most like a salad with a little protein to avoid punctures and mismatch when I put the apidra and I do not make the food according to the calculation.Well, on Wednesday I have an appointment with the endocrine to see what he tells me, and for when he puts the bomb.

Here I come with another question.I use non -pen bottle, the apidra is going to have a lot of plenty of this month, I started on the 17th of last month to use it, those who use it throw the bottle arrived that time, I know that it must be eliminated ... but what wasted!:(

Nana's profile photo
Nana
03/12/2011 8:19 a.m.

Nana, if you see that you are going to eat few hydrates, put less apidra so as not to have drops after meals.
And yes, insulin roads must be thrown a month after open, because that insulin is losing activity and must be renewed.They could sell it in smaller roads, but that would decrease the gain of pharmaceuticals.
Greetings, and you will tell us how the bomb is doing: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/12/2011 9:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, you are fast for the answers.: D

Take everyone.;)

Nana's profile photo
Nana
03/12/2011 9:47 a.m.

I tell you and ask you.: Oops:

They suspended me until April 4 to see the endo.I've been using 38 lantus and apidra with meals for a month, I reduced 14 lbs.In a month the problem is that not as anything, at first I avoided eating so as not to prick me so much, I just ate unb - -of things;I punctuate once at dinner (I make the calculation and sink) but the sugar (at dawn above all) lows me too much (up to 40) I take juice or some cookies and at three o'In 60. I have controls between 125 and from there down.

Questions: Is it a lot of lantus as you told me (I started in 25 lantus and after two or three days they uploaded it to 38) You told me it was a violent climb in so a few days?Does the Lantus reduce appetite?I have never been very eating, but as it is almost obliged.

Greetings to everyone and welcome to the new ones.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
03/17/2011 9:32 a.m.

Nana, surely you have a lot of lantus, because you have hypoglycemia, and it can be dangerous.In addition, you can have acetone due to those hypoglycemia, and that will take away your appetite.My advice is to reduce the lantus of one in one unit, until you wake up with good values.
And who eat hydrates, putting you quickly at each meal.
Greetings: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2011 11:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

In addition, you can have acetone due to those hypoglycemia, and that will take away your appetite.
I do not understand a couple of things that you comment on this sentence.

1) If you have excess insulin I do not understand where that 'acetone' comes from that you comment especially when using an insulin like lantus that has an important deposit effect and that I agree that everything points to that it has excess of lantus and that it should go downThe dose but I do not understand where you get the acetone when suffering hypoglycemia (as far as I get ketone bodies = insulin deficit and not the opposite).

2) Assuming that there are ketone bodies (insulin deficit, for the reasons that are but deficit) if there are PQ they are burning fats, slimming (it is not the best path to lose weight but it is thinned) and what happens is that you haveAppetite, a lot of appetite and not the opposite (it is easy to have polyphiagia because the body asks you to eat but having insulin deficit no matter how much the food reaches the blood you cannot use it).

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 11:47 a.m.

Well very simple, due to lack of hydrates.
Acetone can be taken due to lack of insulin or not ingesting carbohydrates.

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 11:57 a.m.

In his last post it is also clear that if he ingests things that have carbohydrates (juices, cookies, ...) and also says he eats more, that he eats without desire.

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 12:01 p.m.

Could you explain your last sentence?

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 12:05 p.m.

There is nothing to explain.

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 12:10 p.m.

TNT, when there are hypoglycemia and lack of glucose, energy is obtained from fatty acids and in that synthesis are obtained ketone bodies that, although in this way they do not end in ketoacidosis, they are sufficiently toxic enough to lose their appetite.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2011 12:16 p.m.

The hypoglycemia that it is having says that it detects them and that you take measures to get out of them (baby and/or eat something) that in principle are not serious hypoglycemia and no rewind effects or anything like that are occurring but anyway but anyway, anyway.Could you cite any source to read what you say?

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 12:28 p.m.

well .. look for the metabolism of fatty acids .. or ketone bodies caused by hypoglycemia ... for not getting into biochemistry ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2011 12:32 p.m.

Yes, TNT, both meadow and ŕgina are right ...

The ketone bodies may appear for 3 reasons:

* Insufficient amount of insulin, either because you do not injepe enough or because your body needs more.If there is not enough insulin, your body begins to burn fat to obtain energy.

* Insufficient amount of carbon hdratos.

* An insulin reaction (hypoglycemia): When glycemia lowers a lot, the body uses fat to get energy.If an exam is positive for ketones in the morning, it indicates that you can have had hypoglycemia during sleep.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/17/2011 1:09 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia totally according to point 1, with respect to point 2 (insufficient amount of carbon hdratos.) And part of point 3 (when glycemia lows a lot, the body uses fat to get energy.) I ask you the same as aRegina Could you cite any source to read what you say?

And with respect to the other part of point 3 (if an exam is positive for ketones in the morning, it indicates that you can have had a hypoglycemia during sleep.) Discrepo ... there is a "normal" ketone formation when aprolonged fasting as it happens at night (the more prolonged the greater the formation of ketones), it does not become a level to end in ketoacidosis but they occur, that there are ketones in the morning it is more likely that it is for these ketones of the fasting thatFor what you say.There are several authors who differentiate between ketones from fasting and the other ketones.

Assuming that the insufficiency of HC is true and returning to the thread, it is not the case, he ingests HC and eats more (according to his words).

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 1:21 p.m.

As I have read Nana does not eat well, hydrates and quantity of food, few.And I repeat until satiety, hydrates are sacred can never jump.On ketosis, in ----- Diabetes a day.com I have seen this:
There are three basic reasons for the presence of ketones in the body.
* Lack of insulin to metabolize the food you eat.So their glycemia levels rise (hyperglycemia).Remember also that when you are sick (a) it may require more insulin.
* Low blood sugar level, (hypoglycemia) When the level of glycemia descends too much cells should use fats as fuel.
* Little food intake, when people are sick they can lose their appetite and this can increase the presence of ketones.
Nuebo here, until ever :)

Consu's profile photo
Consu
03/17/2011 3:08 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

TNT, now I walk and I can't look for the sources, but come on, there is nothing more to take a look at San Google and see the functions performed by the H.C., S .., among them that of regulating the metabolism of the fats ....
And on the other hand I don't know if I read badly, but

I inject calculating what I'm going to eat and if I don't feel like eating everything, Zas!Download at two or three hours, I have no appetite and what is most like a salad with a little protein to avoid punctures

/quote]

not as anything, at first avoided eating so as not to prickSo much, I only ate things without carbohydrates ;I punctuate once at dinner (I make the calculation and sink) but the sugar (at dawn above all) lows me too much (up to 40) I take juice or some cookies and at three o'In 60. I have controls between 125 and from there down.

Questions: Is it a lot of lantus as you told me (I started in 25 lantus and after two or three days they uploaded it to 38) You told me it was a violent climb in so a few days?Does the Lantus reduce appetite? I have never been very eating, but when it is almost forced.

It gives me the impression that Nana eats little ... they are his words

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/17/2011 3:49 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.