{'en': 'My boyfriend has diabetes', 'es': 'Mi novio tiene diabetes'} Image

My boyfriend has diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/11/2011 6:12 a.m.

If it is true that you can give times as a sensation of shame as you say.
The Corage that has always given me people and a lot is that they find out that you are diabetics and put a shame face ... I do not want to feel shame of anyoneeeee!And with the family it sometimes also happens, but I think it is not the same ...

roxio89's profile photo
roxio89
06/29/2011 5:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I have a girlfriend but he doesn't ask me how I'm going, nor does he worry if I'm tall or low, he just asks me when I go to the endocrine: "How are you?
And I "well" there ends the conversation until the next time I go to the doctor.Or trust me a lot or care about a pepper.Any opinion?

david29's profile photo
david29
07/01/2011 8:22 a.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Well I have a girlfriend but he doesn't ask me how I go, he doesn't care if I'm high or low, he just asks me when I go to the endocrine: "How are you?
And I "well" there ends the conversation until the next time I go to the doctor.Or trust me a lot or care about a pepper.Any opinion?

I think he trusts you in you ... hahaha ... and that he has already opened accustomed to that you get along with him not worry ...

roxio89's profile photo
roxio89
07/01/2011 1:46 p.m.

Hi Beatriz: Although you wrote in May I hope you see it.
I'm going to tell you some things that will come in handy.
First, I congratulate you for the role you do.That must be valued and much, because it is seen that you are having a bad time because he does not do what he has to do.
I am a pharmaceutical and that makes me understand the whole process of glucose, up and down, because in the race all this is explained in detail.I imply a lot in my illness and, still, I did not have the right levels, because I am also a perfectionist and a glycosylated hem of 8.1 I did not like.So I decided to put the bomb and I'm very happy !!With the very effort that before or, even less, I have managed to go down to 7. With it it will get more stable and normal levels.

Another thing: the educating nurses are the ones that should teach you everything you have learned on your own, so tell your endocrine to quote you a day with them.Those of my hospital are lovely and teach you things so that everything was simpler.

It should be measured before each meal, to know how much to eat and how much insulin put on;And if the 2 hours after eating were done to correct, it would be perfect.I make 6 a day.And if I do sports I do 2 or 3 more (before, during and after the exercise).

And finally, 7 glycosylated hemoglobin is fine, but it achieves it based on being between 55 and 290;It would be better if your levels were normally 90-180.But it is not always possible!
Greetings and a lot of encouragement!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
09/08/2011 2:12 p.m.

More than with diabetics like we would talk to a boyfriend or girlfriend of some diabetic and at the same time a therapist.He knows how much a unit goes down he knows what to do if m passes something because it is important and sometimes he consults how much to put on an external look is good tmb ... but the m answers "I who would put" x "units, but lookYou know more about your body "and it is the best answer I think ... the most important thing is the apolles because it is a stage and it is necessary to pass it I could pass it alone but maybe the nececite and you are not your mother do not ask you orThese are on top of that the t tells you to talk to it with love, tell me that it is difficult for you to look for a non -ullas solution of the problem because you are "saturated" face it and overcome it so you will give it the example that you do not have to saturate and let it beWhat to be attentive with your care because you do badly and to the obvious tmb.

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
09/13/2011 8:24 p.m.

Hi Beatriz, first congratulate you for your way of being and the help you are giving to your boyfriend.
I am a diabetic since the age of 13 and I am currently 36, they have already spent 23 years and it seems that it was yesterday.
I debuted in 1988 in full adolescence, everything came again to me, I had hardly talked about the disease but little by little and thanks to my character I learned almost all the ins and outs of this silent disease.
Tell your boyfriend that in order to control diabetes, you have to take care of and love, I always think of others and I would not like to have a bad time due to the actions of the disease to the disease which does not give truce and you have to be pendingFrom her almost at every minute, life is going to us.
I have gone through several episodes of hypoglycemia and just thinking about it a knot in my throat, so I always try to beat this happy disease every day, luckily I have not had any episode of severe hyperglycemia although there are seasons that are difficultHaving a glyd hemoglobin between 7 and little, the trick is at least tryThree times a week is going very well.
I currently use Novorapid for the community and Lantus after dinner, some afternoons I am a little high but if I control myself with meals I have no big problem.
He has to understand that what happens to him is so and there is no more, you can't deny the undeniable, I also have bad times that I think about what I have to happen but I always take a step forward and I say that I can'tWin anyone optimistic, especially when I see the smiles of the people I want I already have enough to move forward at what costs, a hug to both and encouragement!

Angel's profile photo
Angel
10/31/2011 8:05 p.m.

Great attitude, Angel.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/01/2011 9:19 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.