{'en': 'My boyfriend has diabetes', 'es': 'Mi novio tiene diabetes'} Image

My boyfriend has diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/11/2011 6:12 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am new in the forum, my name is Beatriz.

My boyfriend has diabetes since the age of 14.We have been together for 5 years.
I wanted to tell my personal experience and vent a little, be heard by people who understand this disease.

Before meeting my boyfriend, I didn't know any diabetic person closely.Upon knowing him I realized what he involves living every day with this disease.It is a daily struggle to achieve total glycemic control.It is a daily job.

The truth is that at first I got quite nervous about the great responsibility of living with him.When we started living together, I had downtown every night, quite strong, it also happened at home, it was very thin.Little by little I began to read on the subject and try to improve its blood glucose, meals, schedules, measure more often, change the insulin that I used to use mixed and now uses Lantus and Apidra and goes better.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, I am a very perfectionist person, very worried about others and see it that consumes me, because now I am totally aware of everything, of the complications for the increases and effects of glucose low.I know that when he is nervous he goes up, that when he is hot he goes down, that sometimes without apparent explanation he raises him, if he has a fever also goes up, that at night he sometimes has rebounds .. everything is very complicated.

In addition my boyfriend is very stubborn (I do not know if it is the effect of glycemia), he ignores what I tell him and many times I have to get angry and shout him to do what I tell him, so that hydrates are takenextras, or to put some insulin units.I try to advise and guide him to control well and do not follow my advice.He works from Monday to Friday in an office, early early.The weekend in the morning he passes it on the couch and the same thing always happens to him, which arrives at 13h with a lot of downturn, and always for the same, for not eating in the middle of the morning;And that I tell you, but ignores me.Sometimes I came to think that he is a bit anorexic, my boyfriend does not want to exercise or move, or eat, so that the glucose does not rise or lower him.He is conditioning his life to diabetes, instead of taking the bull by the horns, controlling diabetes and living life as he has to do it, enjoyment doing many things.

I despair.And I don't know what to do anymore, because it is affecting our relationship.I do not know if it is for diabetes or because it is its character like that, but it only gives me sadness and loneliness.And I am very bad lately, I have health problems too, but I fight and I am excited to live every day despite being bad many times.And I don't understand how he behaves like this.It has no spirits to do anything.

Can you give me any advice or help me understand what happens to you?

Thank you very much, greetings and encouragement to everyone.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/11/2011 6:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holass, welcome to the forum.

He probably feels that diabetes is his.
That you "Atosigues", maybe he feels it as an interference and that is why he ignores you ... Sometimes it is a more fear reaction than something else.
Talking to him you could clarify this ... if he prefers to take his diabetes to 100% or if it is good for the 2 that you also participate and help him in the day to day.

I repeat something that I usually say, and you have signed it yourself: not everything depends on diabetes, or diabetes is the cause of everything that happens to us.
Often, we have diabetes we have very easy and comfortable excuse to justify anything that happens to us.
And as a rule, nothing has to do with many of our things, actions, problems ...
On the one hand we must self -care, but on the other not fall into the trap of globalizing our life around diabetes.
The line that separates that is very thin and sometimes it is much more comfortable to cover your eyes and look for comfortable justification.

In my opinion, the beginning of everything is diabetological education ...
We must learn to the fullest everything that has to do with the disease ... Without theory we cannot go to practice (daily care).
From having a knowledge, the control will come ... and after control (which does not mean that there are no high or low) the illusion or the desire to do what one wants (safely, with control and confidence) will come).

And it is that in my view, one of our big problems is trust (or what I call control sensation) ... think that every day we examine us several times (self -glear measurements) if we are not sure of whatthat we will tend to fall into a state of distrust and not know very well what to do ... From there to demotivation and apathy goes one step.

When there are problems and cannot be solved by oneself ... you have to seek help.
Diabetes educator, psychologist ... Perhaps in the association of diabetes of your city they could offer another vision of diabetes.

I hope it goes well.

DiabetesForo
05/11/2011 3:14 p.m.

Hello,

Yes you're right.

I think my boyfriend does what you say, that he feels his diabetes as his personal personal in what I should not get.
What I did when I started dating him was to observe him.And after a few months I realized that I could not leave him just being responsible for his diabetes, because otherwise he would be with important dances every time.What gave me the most was that he had an accident driving.

I gave him time to show me that he could only, and he showed me that he couldn't.That's why I decided to act and try to help him better.And I did it, now it is controlled a lot better.But it still has that touch of tozudoneria that ignores me and because it seems like it does not eat and (as if it were a small child who is sleepy and does not want to go to sleep) it is mostly on weekends in the mornings inThe sofa with some bass of up to 45 blood glucose and does not eat anything for head, and does not move or do anything "so that the glucose does not lower."
That's why I started getting angry and sometimes shouting at him, because when he has so little blood glucose it is as sleepy and is the only way to react and do what I tell him and take hydrates.I can't force them by the mouth ...

When we started living together, they always gave him lows at night, simply for not eating enough before bedtime.And I told it and he insisted that he did not need, that he would raise glucose and that the increase is worse than the glycose drops for long -term health.They arrived at 3 in the morning and began to tremble and shake and I had to take a water base with sugar and give it to drink;And see if it was stubborn that many times I did not want to drink it and even became violent with me;And my boyfriend is big and strong, I am smaller than him.I was afraid of him and I had to call his parents at dawn to open his mouth and let me give him the water with sugar.Calling parents had effect.

Based on a lot of effort, I managed to make it measured at night before bedtime (before it was not measured, only in the morning and at 8 in the afternoon !!) and that it started enough before bedtime.I taught him to measure the hydrates of the meals, namely what amount should ingest to raise the glucose to normal levels, and how much I needed according to the exercise to be done later.I had to teach him everything.And at the same time, I was also learning, because I had no idea of ​​anything about diabetes until I met him.He had books about diabetes, but didn't he read them?I don't know.

He is a very stubborn person, very much.And he believes that diabetes is his thing.But at the time I go with him in the car and if he has a downturn we can have an accident and die both, that is no longer a problem, the problem is mine too and the rest of society, so thatIt entails this.

My boyfriend sometimes came from working in the car driving with 39 blood glucose !!!!!That is incredible.If I got home without being able to hold a fork to eat !!And all because no one forced him to measure and control himself and eat at his due hours.

I had to threaten him to go to work to measure him and make him eat in front of the whole world, until I got measured in mid -morning and eat what is necessary at that time.

I got everything based on threats and anger and screams.It is sad and hard, but it was so.I was a person without character, I never used to scream or get angry;Well, I don't know if luckily or unfortunately, thanks to him I took the character I have now.

My boyfriend now doesn't need to be so much on him.It is a bit more independent in this aspect.Because now he is aware of how he is in the bass, I even recorded videos to see how he is when he has 45 glucose andHe has amazed, because he from the outside had never seen herself.And you don't want to see, you are ashamed.

What affects me and what is affecting our relationship, is that I do not feel valued or see that he thank me for anything.When he has glucose at normal levels it is when I see his true personality, and I see him very proud and selfish.And I feel very bad, because I have had a bad time trying to improve his control of diabetes and it seems that I even reproached me to have treated him like this, when I have been forced to do it in this way, because there was no other way to do it.Or it did so or I would have broken the relationship for a long time, for my security.

I tell you an anecdote.
When we still didn't live together.When we had I think that about 3 months leave, we decided to go to the disco one night (something that he doesn't like anything, in fact we never returned because he does not want to go).Well, we went in his car because he insisted.I was not yet aware of his lack of control with diabetes.
The disco was about 50km approx.Of our houses, it was a huge disco of those that make remote from the cities.I was very happy.
The first leg was fine, there everything very well too.It was time to take something, and I asked for a Coca Cola;He asked for a Coca Cola Light.It seemed strange to me, because at that time, if I was not going to eat anything, Coca Normal Coca with sugar could be asked.But well .. I assumed that he would notice that he was high for the nerves of going to the disco after a long time and with me.
No, he had no idea of ​​his levels, he didn't even bother to measure himself.I recommended it and did not want.Moreover, I wanted to drive back, I suggested it and he didn't leave me either.He did not dance, because he does not like it, and I thought that maybe I was fine because I hadn't made efforts and that.
Well, the worst came later.I gave him a vote of trust.
We came in the car back and began to fell asleep.My boyfriend measures 1.80 almost and is big.I told him to stop and that I was driving.And not.
I came all the way grabbing the steering wheel and squeezing what he had to do: slows down, rotates, brakes.And I didn't stop or let me drive to me, I came as drunk and became violent with me.Once he went through a works area that was limited to 40km/h, he passed it to 90 and the axis of the back wheels was twisted, because he took a huge bump.And I didn't stop.Luckily nothing happened to us and we got to the house of pure miracle, I tremble, that's when I started screaming for a sugar, and it cost me a lot, but it ended up taking it.

It was there that I made the decision that I had to force him for the bad ones (for the good one he could not with him) to control his levels.To follow the relationship with him, I had to change.Since then everything is blackmail (I go with you if you measure yourself, you have the car if you eat enough before);or threats (or measure or call your parents to measure you);anger and screams, because when he is on a downturn or shouted or seems as if he did not listen to me.Luckily the big dowers now never happen to him.

Do you understand why I have to do like this?And why do I feel so bad?And especially why do I feel so little valued?Because I have been forced to do all this to help you and I do not like to behave like this, and even on top I appreciate anything, on the contrary, it tells me that I have a character sometimes there is no one to hold me.

I want to think and I think that from his point of view he is not at all of his state sometimes and that is why he treats me like that.Because if it's your personality like that, I don't know if I would consider leaving it because this is consuming me slowly.If at least I thank me from time to time ...

I just want to tell my experience, and vent and try to understand him a little more.His family is not aware of what he means living with him, his parents areMajor and do not know what happens to him, due to ignorance and ignorance.My family does not know what it is to live with diabetes, they don't know the character they have, if I tell you anything they always think that I exaggerate.I feel that nobody understands me or supports me.

Thanks for listening to me and we encourage everyone.

DiabetesForo
05/12/2011 5:44 a.m.

Good, my boyfriend also worried about my diabetes when we started dating, I gave me advice and it didn't seem good to me because I had been controlling me for many years and patients sometimes know more than doctors so that a person who knows nothingFrom the subject I sell you to organize life.Little by little we get to a deal, but the patient is solely responsible for his illness and he has complications will be his and even very hard, you can always take and leave him and your boyfriend will always live with diabetes.
On the other hand, I think it has a totally wrong treatment, it is not logical that you have to take a coca-cool with sugar, or have to eat to take the car.I think you have the dose of Lantus, and enough.Diabetes should not be the center of your relationship, it is what there is the same as diabetics have to get diabetes to be a habit, which is part of life but naturally, you have to achieve the same for your relationship.

tica's profile photo
tica
05/12/2011 7:26 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

The reaction you have is the same that he has with me.
I just want to help and see it as an interference.And I don't understand.When the result that he is not controlled correctly, despite me having told him, it can be a traffic accident that costs me life and him as well.From that moment on diabetes is not just their problem, it is also my problem.And it's not his life, it's mine too.Because life as a couple is two.And if he has complications in the future I will also suffer by his side.And I want to prevent that from happening, if I can.I would like to have someone by my side that worried so much about my well -being.

So if he decides to ruin his life I must leave him because it is his decision and his life ...?

I do want a person attempting to help him with what he can, because his well -being will have an impact on mine.If he is well I will be.And I am not going to leave it because it is diabetic, if I leave it it will be because next to you I feel alone, belittled, and lack of affection on your part;Besides that we have totally different values, I cannot have children and he does not want to adopt and I do want;But this is another story.

Greetings and encourage everyone.

DiabetesForo
05/12/2011 2:36 p.m.

It is that life as a couple I see as a 1+1, not as a 2.
That is, there are 2 people with their own personal space, not an identical couple who assumes 100% of the other part.
The midpoint of friction is the problem, obviously.
Like the one you mention about adoption, there it is necessary that it is a 2 and not a 1+1 (I do not know if I just explained:-/ with this numerical example).

As for the car incident is intolerable and nothing has to do with diabetes neither with the couple nor with character nor with anything ...
Personal security and other people are always above ...
For me that can only happen ... from there, you have to speak it and lay the foundations for future occasions, without blackmail or alarmisms .... If driving, it gives it a hypoglycemia again, without measuring and unintentionallyremedy it ... you have to refuse to get back into the car, without measuring glycemia before and be sure that it does not have a hypo ... and that is not negotiable.

If in a couple, respecting the space of the other is already complicated, when one has diabetes the thing is sharpened ... precisely because of type 3 and the desire to help they usually have (that is always good, but like almost everythingThe exaggeration is harmful).
I believe that communication is fundamental and "negotiate" future behaviors in predictable situations is necessary: ​​who, when, where and because the couple is helped ...

As I said before, in my opinion (without knowing) your boyfriend I think he lacks a lotDiabetes (come from where they come from).

DiabetesForo
05/12/2011 5:16 p.m.

Beatriz, if they give so many hypoglycemia and have to eat to avoid them, even being at rest, it has excess insulin.It surely has too much lantus.
If the antus continues to have hypos at night, it can be better to put it in the morning.
If the insulin guideline is well adjusted, life is normalized much more.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2011 5:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is so complicated to control the levels that are desperate.They have told him to put the insulin bomb in the endocrine and I think he could do well.Because it fails to control the levels.He does not know how to identify when he is high or when it is low until it is measured.
I suffer from him.
Lantus is punctured at 2pm, what happens is that if the dose lowers the glucose.There are days that only a yogurt breakfast, or a cup of milk with cao and saccharin.It hurts to see him like this, for a person of his size that is not an adequate breakfast.
It improved a lot since we lived together, because I insisted on measuring food hydrates and in which it is measured more often, but it is still many times uncontrolled, especially on weekends in the morning and at night, which has enough increases(We don't know if they are rebounds or not).
It is desperate, especially when we leave the endocrine consultation and wishes us luck.And I wonder if you have to leave a person's health to luck, can't you do anything else?
I am angry to do nothing more.
At the beginning of living with him I was much more obsessed, I measured it at night, and I always got up with breakfast and I know I was too much on top of him.Now less, but I still worry a lot.
Thank you.

DiabetesForo
05/12/2011 7:16 p.m.

It gets fast before meals, right?
The Lantus must be combined with the fast at meals, and to calculate the fast dose you have to measure before eating and putting units according to the hydrates that are taken.It would also have to be measured two hours after meals to see if the fast dose is fine and correct if necessary.
Measure is often what more information gives, and the best way to learn the action of insulin.

If he does not want to learn and has no interest in controlling himself better, you can't do it everything.I hope you understand and improve it.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2011 7:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The reaction you have is the same one that he has with me.
I just want to help and see it as an interference.And I don't understand.When the result that he is not controlled correctly, despite me having told him, it can be a traffic accident that costs me life and him as well.From that moment on diabetes is not just their problem, it is also my problem.And it's not his life, it's mine too.Because life as a couple is two.And if he has complications in the future I will also suffer by his side.And I want to prevent that from happening, if I can.I would like to have someone by my side that worried so much about my well -being.

So if he decides to ruin his life I must leave him because it is his decision and his life ...?

My relationship has nothing to do with what you tell, because I know how to handle diabetes well and I do it.But I still insist that it is the patient's responsibility.You can ask him to go to a psychologist and to face the difficulties he has with diabetes (which gives me, that he refuses to accept diabetes and everything that surrounds him) that he goes to a good educator for him toExplain the theme of HC rations, effect of insuffinas, why must be measured before (and sometimes) after food.But he has to learn it.
Sometimes I have asked my boyfriend to measure me before that he goes to bed, I go to bed before and I do not know if I have done the digestion at all and if he leaves one or two hours later, that I measure me andSo I have not to wake up, but if I were you, I would not assume the responsibility of always taking care of diabetes.In the hospital, eight -year -old children already teach them in the hospital to defend themselves in the usual situations with diabetes.To have a more independent life.If you take care of breakfast with him (to verify that he eats) you do the controls, ... What will happen the day you want/have to go on a trip without him?

And it seems perfect that you do not stop being diabetic (there was more!) But as you are living(When it is fine with diabetes) you have to fight both, but above all so that this happy disease does not suppose you anymore than what they already have as a definition.

tica's profile photo
tica
05/13/2011 3:58 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello,

My boyfriend has this guideline:
It gets apidra before meals, depending on whether it is higher or lower lower or less.It is always measured before eating.
And Lantus is always at 2:30 p.m.
But he can't control himself, I don't know if it's normal.
In the morning it is with 290 or so many times.We think that by a rebound at night or the effect of dawn?
And in the afternoon it is also high many times.
Instead in mid -morning it is sometimes low.And on the weekends that it does not always get up at 12h in noon usually has low.

The problem is that no matter how explaining it to me.I always tell you that before puncturing insulin and eating it has to take into account: 1st blood glucose level, 2nd the activity you will do later, if you are going to be sitting at work or you are going to make physical and 3rd expense if youIt is hot or there is something else that can alter your levels.And with these three things determine how much it will be click and how much it will eat of hydrates.

But he ignores me.My boyfriend only takes into account blood glucose measurement.According to that, he clicks and eats.

For example,

Case 1.- If you get up in the morning and measure and have 290 blood glucose.What he does is to prick insulin, with extra units and breakfast a yogurt and nothing else.
And what about this?Well, it does not take into account anything else, if you are going to move in the morning, or if you are sitting at work (work in office).If what will do what you will do is have a downturn in the middle of the morning and if you are working, you will not find out until you are with 45 or so.

Case 2.- If at noon it has 45 blood glucose.What he does is start eating and in the middle of the food the insulin is rapid, some units less.And eat normal food, maybe an extra yogurt is taken.
And what's wrong with him?Well, it's not enough and at two hours it is low again.It always happens to him the same.What he eats only serves to recover the downturn, and with the effect of insulin what he does is accumulate the downturn for the rest of the afternoon.

Case 3.- If we go on a trip to some weekend.Take all the trip through the clouds with glucose levels.Because he is so nervous that he goes up all the time.And he hardly eats not to raise him.Instead of putting more insulin and eating what I need, which is what I see more normal.Or not?

I don't know if this lack of control is normal in diabetes, if I'm an exaggerated.But this happens to you?I will have to insist that they go to teach you, and where are there educators like the ones you comment?In the endocrine consultation, it gives us some guidelines, but it never goes further, it only tells you to go down or raise insulin, as if you had no time to do anything else.And I wish us luck when we leave the consultation seems very shameless to me.

When I have to go, like when they operated a year ago I was 15 days admitted to the hospital, he has to leave with his parents, not to stay at home alone.In case it gives a downturn at night or in the morning.

Thank you.

DiabetesForo
05/13/2011 5:23 a.m.

Hello,

It seems to me that he lacks Lantus and has plenty of apidra in food.Or it has complicated diabetes and what you need is the pump.I also climbed the azcuar at certain times of the day and after much try changing the pump and the difference is all ...
I think that 290 in the morning is not rebound, it is because it lacks insulin ... that you look at three and six ... has thought about putting on a continuous meter, it is a lot of money a month, but it is the solution forFind correct guidelines.
At first I would recommend that you only take into account the glucose level and what you will eat (unless a marathon will run :), there is not much difference with being working or going one shopping afternoon (at leastFor me)) and if you are going to do some physical spending that is eaten an extra ration of hydrates, but that insulin leaves it calm (it is not good to abuse insulin changes until they have a guideline) and heat and thingsThey influence ... but it is not possible to have all the factors.
When it arrives at a meal, you have two options to put the insulin necessary to correct the hyper and leave the HC as every day (it is the most normal) and the second option is to play among a little more insulin and less HC (it seems more like melious) It has to be clear how much a unit is lowered ... the normal thing is about 50, but it depends on the person.If it is at 290 and we assume that the normal is 100, then 290-100 = 190;190/50 ~ = 4 units and eat what corresponds to a normal breakfast.I don't know if I explain.
Where are you from?It is in case we can guide you with doctors/educators

tica's profile photo
tica
05/13/2011 6:04 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I think of my diabetes that is just mine and never would never be with someone who controls me as you do with your boy.He behaves as if he were two years old and you treat him as if he had three.

DiabetesForo
05/13/2011 6:43 a.m.

I know I don't do well, and I don't like having to do what I do.I try to give him a chance and attempt to learn to control himself.
What else would I like everything was easier.

That's why I'm a little fed up.

When I met him he was depressed, very depressed, he lived with his parents, he was very thin.It is very good in your work, she is a very good person, but in regards to controlling diabetes it is a disaster.

I feel good, helping him, but I see that I am not going to be a lifetime, that's why I'm considering leaving him, I also see him immature for not wanting to control his life.And I don't have to learn how many glucose units in blood low a fast insulin unit, that has to do it.But ... it is what there is.

We are from Ferrol (A Coruña).

Thank you.

DiabetesForo
05/13/2011 8:04 a.m.

It seems that you need psychological help ...

DiabetesForo
05/13/2011 8:57 a.m.

It gives me the feeling that you have achieved that your lives turn around their diabetes, in the mother and son plan, a mother who cares in excess and son who, having a person always on top of his responds with stubbornness and neglect to make him understandTo that "mother" who is already older so that they are giving advice.I think this is the real problem and not diabetes, solved this should worry about his illness, he can cost if he does not have a habit but in the end that of controls is done until routine, puncture, etcetc.(I do it so instinctively that sometimes I do not even remember whether I have put the insulin or not).

It is clear that you do not have good control if you get up with 290 and when eating it is in 40, in addition, a symptom of not detecting hypoglycemia is precisely that your downskons come from afar (I, in seasons of these that for one or the otherReasons you have to change "abruptly" of habits and plants in hypoglycemia after hypoglycemia you find that with 30 you only feel a slight sensation of "being floating").

What I would do would be, to change that lantus at night to act during the day and as Tica said to start controlling how much "low" an insulin unit.By having 290 you cannot stop breakfast, you have to put the "extra" insulin to stabilize the levels and eat something in the middle of the morning (taking into account that a small sandwich works in an office or a sandwich should be worth to endure until themeal).The same thing happens to me in the morning, which I need to drink more carbohydrates, I can get up with 200 and if I have not had breakfast at 11 in the morning I will meet a beautiful downturn.

If there is your downturn, it would be to drink rapid absorption carbohydrates (a juice, for example) to stabilize the levels, if it catches at eating, also take it, eat and put the quick at the end of the food.Fast insulin has a peak at the time, and nothing will happen because in blood it has +200 levels for a ratillo while insulin ends.If the extra is not taken, surely what happens is that this beak caught him with levels of 70 - 80 and has hiccup again, or on the contrary he gets so little, for fear of hypoglycemia, that ends with hyper.The priority against a downturn is to stabilize up.

Before going to sleep, the levels should be seen, this control for me is vital, because it helps you estimate the levels you are going to get up.Normally with 7 - 8 hours of sleep, about 200 can easily remain in 80 having found the Lantus/Levemir doses you need (if you pass you get up with downturn and if you fall short you get up high).If before going to sleep you have less than 150, it is possible that if you do not take anything you get up with downturn.

The truth is that the appropriate thing would be for him to tell his experience here.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
05/14/2011 2:29 p.m.

Thanks for the clarifications.
I will try to convince him to sign up in the forum and tell his lack of control to help him.There are many things that he doesn't know.
I know I do mom, but believe me that I have been forced to do so.When we started out I realized that he did not know how to control himself, that's why I started teaching him and insisting on improving his levels.It already improved a lot but can still improve more.Let's see if I manage to convince him to tell you himself.
Greetings and encourage everyone :)

DiabetesForo
05/15/2011 5:20 a.m.

Hello again,

I have tried to convince my partner to enter the forum, but he doesn't want to.He tells me not to put me in his life.
But it is still the same.Yesterday, he got up at 7h with 250 blood glucose, and before eating, at noon he had 55. He does not recognize his downs.He starts eating when he decides it.

I have told him that, then, go to the association and see if they can guide you to better control.He tells me that his doctor has to do that, but neither does his doctor go to tell him anything.And it's years with these lack of controls.He told me that the control analytics resulted in 7. Your doctor only tells you to go up or down insulin, nothing more.

Everything happens.It does not have the minimum interest in improving.

I already give up, I will not tell him anything else, nor will I worry anymore, because it makes no sense.

What I think is that such a person cannot share his life with another, because I cannot count on him when he has 55 blood glucose.And, even on top of that I help him and tell him, he becomes interesting and eats only when he wants.And I tell him what he has to do not reach that downturn and does not and ignores me.He is actually pissed off with himself because he does not accept that he is diabetic and fails to control himself, and pays them with me, I think it happens.He says that it is impossible to control himself better (if I see it so clear, why don't he see him? He is determined that he cannot control himself better, he is completely resigned, I think it is the most comfortable posture for him, let himself be like this)

We are reaching a point of resentment in the relationship.He because he thinks I get into his life too much and I want to control everything.And I because he is not able to control or be responsible for himself, and I feel forced to make a mother and take care of him at all times, and even on top of contempt, indifference and empty towards me.This is the worst that can happen to a person.I don't look for this in a relationship.

And so we will continue until someone gets completely from the other.Or until he realizes that he has to change.Because it is not me who has to change, it is he who has to spab from and control his life to take advantage of it and do many things.And don't pass it on the couch with dowers watching TV.Or doing fasting so that the glucose does not rise, that all the pants he has already left.

Surely it would be good if it went to the psychologist, but who makes him go to the psychologist with how stubborn he is?

Thanks for the tips.

Greetings and encourage everyone.

DiabetesForo
05/23/2011 5:23 a.m.

Buens!I am a diabetic and my boyfriend and family care more about me than myself ... so that I tire of me and tired that they are on top of mine..`As that happens ... make him see that youDo for your good, because you want it, and not Queires that nothing happens to you, I dictScare him a little telling him some experience of someone who has happened to him something because of diabetes (so he worried more about his health), well is just a advice that I give you, just tell you that they told me something like thatAnd it worked for me ...

roxio89's profile photo
roxio89
06/22/2011 7:22 p.m.

Hello!I have been 16 years old for 2 years and diabetes for 8 months and he knows more about diabetes than my family, since I am quite independent and I am a lot of time with him.
But it is true, I also happen to me that I do not like it to get too much but it is a feeling not because he gets into diabetes.I personally tell me something when he sees her high and is a feeling as shame and at the same time a "I control it, leave me."
I understand you why I can't understand how your boyfriend reacts like this with diabetes, the descent scares me a lot!
I also think how they have already told you, the more you are on ... worse, like a small child.
Everything has a solution, a lot of encouragement and greetings.

Nadia16's profile photo
Nadia16
06/28/2011 9:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.