New Dexcom Seven user

falconwings's profile photo   05/20/2011 5:16 a.m.

Good to all.

I have been with the continuous meter Dexcom Seven Plus for 8 days and I write to tell you the experience.

At the delighted moment with the system, the amount of information it provides is impressive and how much it helps to stay at the correct levels of glucose.The best undoubtedly, that trends can be seen and anticipated possible hyperglycemia.

The sensor is very simple to install and it is not annoying to carry it.

System gags: The radius between the receiver and transmitter is ridiculously scarce.According to product specifications, the scope is a meter and a half but sometimes not even that.There are occasions that without knowing why measurement points are lost.Another important paste is the price that Dexcom has in Spain, approximately 60% more than in the United States (!).I don't know if this is the fault of Dexcom herself or the local distributor (Novalab).And get the device outside, at least I have not been able.

And the advantages, seem innumerable.It is another level of control, much more information, greater security when eating and injecting insulin, greater security when exercising ... It is something that we should all have and that would have to be subsidized.

Here I am for any questions that can solve you.

Greetings.

falconwings's profile photo
falconwings
05/20/2011 5:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Falconwings,

I am valuing the purchase, although I had read that the service in Spain was bad, and that someone had complained because the expiration dates of the patches were very short, how about your experience in this regard?

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/20/2011 5:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

At the moment I am testing it through the diabetological clinic of Dr. Antuña HTTP: //www.clinidiabet.com/es/nuestraClinica/servicios/MCG/02.htm , so I still have no direct experience with the Novalab distributor, apart from the rates.

I wanted to try it before deciding on the purchase, since it is a really important disbursement of money, and for the moment it has marked a before and after in the control of the disease.

I am not excessively worried about the technical service, since the operation of the device is very simple, and if any of the components fails or spoils it will have to replace it are put on.And if the sensors that Novalab sends soon, they will have to return them and send them in conditions.

Greetings.

falconwings
05/20/2011 5:35 a.m.

Hello good,

The last sensors I asked for insisted that they should be well dated ... and they told me that if I expected the new week ... the truth is that they were very sincere, maybe they have learned that these details are important so that peopleYou dare to buy the system
The technical service ... I already told me that they were very "dumb" but they had to change the receiver because I was in guarantee ... (I am wrong to Roche and that you give you assistance at any time and whenever you need it...

tica's profile photo
tica
05/20/2011 5:43 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

My Novalab does not deserve any respect, after the task he made to everyone who bought the Pelikan Sun Electronic prick.In my association we bought a lot of units and overnight they told us that the device was no longer manufactured and there were no more replacement discs.Thus, taking off the dead.And I don't believe anything to find out overnight.

And then, when bringing the Dexcom, seeing the profit margin they have loaded with respect to the US ... I don't know, I suppose that in that company its employees will gain some of the copon, come on ...

I die literally for having a sensor (and I lean on Dexcom), but today, I cannot buy it via the USA, and if I could, the most important thing that are the spare parts of sensors, I could not buy them via the USA, sothat I do not plan to pay such an exaggerated premium just because a company brings them without doing anything else.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/20/2011 7:21 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Gondrullo, I totally agree with you, Novalab's pricing policy, together with the permissiveness of Dexcom, to whom I personally put on what I was doing their local distributor, make them people of doubtful morality.

But they are lentils, they play with the few options in the market.

Greetings.

falconwings
05/20/2011 7:25 a.m.

Hello everyone.I have spent a lot of time disconnected from the forums, before I followed you daily in youth diabetes and in some more forum but work, pregnancy ... They don't leave me time for anything.
I have a Dexcom since I got pregnant (my diabetes is very unstable and it was impossible for me to carry adequate control).I got the dexcom through an acquaintance (2nd hand) and I am very happy, I think I would not know how to be without him.After pregnancy I had to stop using it for a season, when I finished the sensors I had bought in the US because here they are too expensive.I discovered months ago that they are sold on ebay.es and since then I buy them like this.They are much cheaper and in my case I have not had any problem with the purchase or with the shipment and of course they work perfectly.
I know you are many diabetics with problems to achieve good control and this is a way to facilitate the work.Therefore, I have thought that this information could help you and now that I have a little time with the holidays I will leave it in the diabetes forums.
I hope it is useful.
All the best.

sandi's profile photo
sandi
08/17/2011 11:29 a.m.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the sensors bought in the USA and those sold in Spain?I ask it following the discovery that they are sold by eBay and because at least the transmitters are different and are not compatible between devices of different markets.That is, an USA transmitter cannot work with a European receiver, or at least that is what I understand.Will the same thing happen with the sensors?

Greetings to all.

falconwings
08/17/2011 2:22 p.m.

Hello, I have a USA dexcom and I have used US sensors and from here, those that Novolab sells.With the Novolab, I had to change it to the 12-13 days and those of the US lasted between 20 and 21 days.
They measure the same and there is no problem.Here, in the hospital they put a Deco dexcom de Test for 1 month and used it with sensors here and the US with the same result.

sandi's profile photo
sandi
08/17/2011 2:44 p.m.

Any of you have found out if they can be achieved through an Andorra pharmacy?It seemed to read something about it for a long time, do you have information about it?
We use Medtronic's literal sensors, I don't know what is the price of the Dexcom, if you can put it, the Medtronic Transmitter costs about € 800 and the sensors about € 67 The duration is 6 days but we are going that I do that II lengthened without problems up to 10 days, my son is little I would not dare to leave the same sensor 15 or 20 days, for the risk of infections.
I agree with you, having a continuous meter is a before and after for the treatment and control of diabetes, I know that we are in crisis but it is something that social security should provide, there are still no studies because of course many have to happenyears, but I think that maintaining a constant hemo and more or less stable glycemia (the meter is not magical) by force must result in less long -term complications, not to mention the emotional well -being and the quality of life it provides.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
08/18/2011 8:05 a.m.

As for sensors I cannot say much, but I bought a long -year -You throw that my other One Touch meter, and has not given me any problem being one European and one from the US, it cost me really economical, compared to Spain.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/19/2011 7:32 a.m.

Kekiya Why do you buy the meters?In Spain, laboratories are given only to ask them.From Lifescan I had three that gave me, the Ultrasmart, the Ultra de Repuesta and then called me to give me the little one you say.

Now that they changed me to Contour Link, I called the laboratory to have another spare and sent it to me without problem and without any cost.They do the business with the strips not with the device.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/19/2011 8:09 a.m.

Any of you have found out if they can be obtained through an Andorra pharmacy?It seemed to read something about it for a long time, do you have information about it?
We use Medtronic's literal sensors, I don't know what is the price of the Dexcom, if you can put it, the Medtronic Transmitter costs about € 800 and the sensors about € 67 The duration is 6 days but we are going that I do that II lengthened without problems up to 10 days, my son is little I would not dare to leave the same sensor 15 or 20 days, for the risk of infections.
I agree with you, having a continuous meter is a before and after for the treatment and control of diabetes, I know that we are in crisis but it is something that social security should provide, there are still no studies because of course many have to happenyears, but I think that maintaining a constant hemo and more or less stable glycemia (the meter is not magical) by force must result in less long -term complications, not to mention the emotional well -being and the quality of life it provides.

I am interested in these sensors. How many were charged to bring it to Spain? I have looked at it and it seems that they only send it to the US

chema's profile photo
chema
08/19/2011 6:26 p.m.

Mornita, Leo that your little one has the Medtronic meter and that can last up to 10 days, I have been almost a year and always, on the 6th day, it appears "end of the sensor".I give the option again sensor, and hardly, measure again about 20 hours, but the measurements of this last day, are no longer reliable, there are sometimes - as in the last - differences of up to 200 mg!!!
When on the 7th day, apart from the non -reliability, he begins to show: "Weak sign", "End of sensor", I, impossible to continue.Many times, I don't risk restarting it after the 6th day.
Tell me if it happens to you, or simply the end of the sensor "appears on the 9th or tenth day.

Via's profile photo
Via
08/20/2011 3:46 a.m.

Via, it is true that some sensors come out "bad", I do not think it is the sensor, it can also be defective, but the insertion zone, which is left a little, that the calibrations are not good etc.If when the 6th day is fulfilled, it puts a sensor "I do what I do is be pending and disconnect it hours before the message, I put the transmitter to load, I connect again and" start sensor "" new sensor ".Anyway if the sensor despite having only 6 days already walked badly, better change it, because then it gives you bad measurements and bothers more than helps.Another thing that sometimes works with a sensor that does not go fine is to disconnect again connect and crush it to calibrations, it is not theirs but to try before changing it, nothing is lost, as long as they are moments when you are stable, wellIt does not mean calibrating it every five minutes but three times with a difference of one hour for example.

I am very interested in Dexcom's information (prices, please), after 7 days reengaranchas without problem?How much do the sensors last?Is it like that with everyone or some do you need to change them after 7 days recommended by the manufacturer?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
08/20/2011 6:01 a.m.

I have used Dexcom for a long time and when I tell me that I have to change the sensor, I disconnect it and start it again without changing the sensor and so it usually lasts about 20 days with good measurements.I have had to change it before, at 15.16 days but it is not usual.I have never had infection in the Insertion zone for having it so much time.
I buy the Dexcom in the US but ask Novolab here and prices were (more or less):
- Dexcom 1100 euros+ 8% VAT
- Sensors 320 euros +8% VAT (the box is quantum sensors).
After buying a couple of boxes here, in Novolab, when they finished I had to stop using it because economically I could not allow me, until I found on eBay. It is much cheaper sensors.Now I buy them like this and do not give me any problem in addition, as the shipment is from Spain the shipping costs are cheaper (try to buy on the US eBay but usually do not make shipments outside and the few who make them charge a lot).

sandi's profile photo
sandi
08/20/2011 6:20 a.m.

Well, I don't get anything out of Dexcom.
:(

chema's profile photo
chema
08/20/2011 9:07 a.m.

I have also looked for it and I can't find it, you could put the link or at least with what word you are looking for.Thank you

mornita's profile photo
mornita
08/20/2011 10:09 a.m.

Hello again, I enter Link and in the search box I put dexcom leavingSelected "all search categories".If at that time there is any sensor or some dexcom for sale appears on the screen and indicates in how many days the sale is over, auction ... what I do is from time to time to see if something has come out to thesale and I put an alarm in the mobile to know when the sale ends (I am not very accustomed to buy on eBay, after starting the sensors I am encouraging, haha).
I hope you have helped you.

sandi's profile photo
sandi
08/20/2011 8:03 p.m.

For other forums I have read that if you buy via USA, the purchase is more expensive for the theme of customs (which until not long ago was not so), but to avoid that people usually buy via United Kingdom .... This isSo?Does the purchase of the Customs rates more expensive?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/21/2011 4:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.