{'en': 'What do you do to lower the sugar ????', 'es': 'Que haceis para bajar el azucar????'} Image

What do you do to lower the sugar ????

Altranoia's profile photo   10/12/2011 5:45 p.m.

dexpero11 said:
thank you very much "Anonymous" today I have learned to calculate technically howContinue checking in case sometimes continues to rise, but if it is much better, fsi = slow 1600, fast 4+5+5 .fsi 16+4+5+5 = 30,1600/30 = 53.3 This did not know, notThey had taught me. Thank you very much.

Even so, this are not mathematics or exact sciences and you see first being conservative, that is, in the case of having to calculate it short dose.

I recommend that you buy in the store sponsored by the White Book on Diabetes that is very complete and is almost "the Bibilia del Diabetica"

Link
Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/06/2016 6:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When I read your comments about insulin, they sound complicated, for the unknown.But you have options to follow to correct the levels.
In my case as type 2 when I am high and fasting or at sleep it I don't see what I can do, except to worry.I also can't see a pattern between food, exercise and glycemia.Go to your ball!
I just have to wait for the next gyrose in March.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
02/05/2017 2:46 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

I don't just understand why type 2 do not give quick insulin to control those climbs ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/05/2017 2:56 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

To lower it?Well, novorapid prick, 5 or 6 units, and in one hour I have it low.Neither water, nor exercise nor anything.Nine is necessary, if it is high it is because insulin is missing.

altrania said:
I don't know what I have to do, I look dumb, I know, but I am very coconut, thinking that I have to do to lower the sugar, when I am at 300 I wearTo walk like crazy, and I just get tired and get little.

What do you do ????

Thanks and good night to all.

PS: I'm going to walk a little like this, I get a little more;)

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/05/2017 5:49 p.m.

Congratulations to all and my admiration !!!!... And yes, yes ... yes, that we are "normal people", that "we can make a totally normal life," yes, yes ... yes

sllf's profile photo
sllf
02/05/2017 7:43 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

altrania said:
I don't know what I have to do, I look dumb, I know, but I am very coconut, thinking that I have to do to lower the sugar, when I am at 300 I wearTo walk like crazy, and I just get tired and get little.

What do you do ????

@altranoia I depend on my activity but normally in my personal case and always after minimum 3 hours after one take and about two before the other, the supplements are 200 +1 unit, 250 + 2 and every 50 plus aUnit more, always watching the overlap with the subsequent shot that I cut depending on the time between them.
This is my case, each one has to try little by little until finding the guideline that adapts better, it is clear that the mathematical pattern used for everything does not exist, but the one that adapts better.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
02/05/2017 9:43 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

In my case I have more than proven that any type of aerobic exercise lowers me much faster than insulin when I am high, obviously when it is possible to play sports or I want that we do not always have the body or the desire or we are in the appropriate place fordo sports ...
For those days I bought a Stepper to have at home, very useful to correct and very easy to save.: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/05/2017 9:55 p.m.

sigsauer said:
in my case I have more than proven that any type of aerobic exercise lowers me much faster than insulin when I am high, obviously when it is possible to do sports or I want to alwaysWe have the body or the desire or we are in the appropriate place to do sports ...
For those days I bought a Stepper to have at home, very useful to correct and very easy to save.: D

Indeed @"sigsauer" also in the afternoon when I enter the phase of Lantus zero, those 3 hours that we do not have basal because it does not reach 24 hours the effect is to see the climb that sticks and without eating with 3From correction there are times that it does not fall from 180 to 200, the only thing that has been giving me a good result are the aerobics and running on the tape a half hour and holy remedy.
What if many times does not feel like and try to maintain 3 times weekly and that is when it goes better,
The rest of the day in 75% between 80 to 160 that for me is more than acceptable with zero hypos and trying to keep the glyc in 6 that is my personal goal.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/10/2017 5:29 a.m.

vicky bu said:
when I read your comments about insulin sound complicated, for the unknown.But you have options to follow to correct the levels.
In my case as type 2 when I am high and fasting or at sleep it I don't see what I can do, except to worry.I also can't see a pattern between food, exercise and glycemia.Go to your ball!
I just have to wait for the next gly in March.

I have had it up on the fast and I have told myself, I'm going to go down to go down, the same thing I do when, as long as I eat so that I don't get up and I don't get anything with that, on an empty stomach, I just get off, so I preferbreakfast and I'm going to walk.

Of course, the most effective the rest of the day is to walk, I walk a horita to a comfortable but constant step and I do well.I don't have medication, I don't know if you will have.At meals because if I see that there are things that upload me a lot, because I don't ... sometimes yes, but I know I'm going to lite it ...

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/10/2017 12:27 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

My daughter has a bad time because when she is high if as soon as she plays a while she already goes down but this is well when she is high but if she is normal as she runs a while goes down a lot and makes hiccup.How many afternoons at home for the girl will not play in Park to avoid hypo :(

T1d's profile photo
T1d
02/10/2017 2:28 p.m.

mead said:
your endocrine has not told you how to correct hyperglycemia?Have you not calculated your sensitivity index?Hallucinated I stay: shock:
It does not all low the same insulin unit, and other factors must also be taken into account, so it is best to try but what you should not do is keep the 300 without correcting.Start with little quantity and get up to see the effect, little by little you will know how to correct without reaching hypoglycemia.
Well, in 25 years no endocrine has calculated my sensitivity index.Come on that index had no idea.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
02/19/2017 5:19 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

It is what lowers you a fast unit.The truth is that many have discovered it alone .., they did not even tell us that we had to be corrected quickly.
When my daughter started, 20 years ago, what they told us was to exercise if she was high .., pff, they had us tortured, thankfully we immediately saw another more logical solution ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2017 6:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The important thing is to prevent those levels from reaching.There are several fundamental points:
- Food.
- Sport.
- The rest.
- Know what kind of diabetes it is.
You have to learn to eat.Being diabetic is not synonymous with bad eating or hungry.
In this blog, Link there is also recipes for diabetics.
I leave several links.
Health!
Link
hhttps: //gastroplancopunk.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/picardia-de-lombarda/ttps: //gastroplancopunk.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/alcachofas-berachas-de-amor/
Link

Carmen K.'s profile photo
Carmen K.
02/19/2017 8:47 p.m.

@diegomiquel to me also informed me the endocrine or sensitivity indices (I learned to calculate them thanks to this forum) or from HC rations I learned all this since I have a bomb and I still learn, it is like glycosilated hemoglobinIt was because a medical student had 16 or 17I did not tell me about Hemo and I thought he was referring to the level of sugar in the analysis also if I had lowered my dose of insulin and if I climbed it I climbed it (that "" "" "" "" good "" """ "endocrine).
Come on, as @regina we have learned on our own.And that just diagnosed went to children's camps with diabetes and taught us and I used to win prizes in the exams that made us all that they taught us related to diabetes and did not go to one but to 3 or 4.
But with 7 years the things I learned forgot or not taught them.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
02/19/2017 11:47 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

altrania said:

What do you do ????

Link style = "max>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The solution is fast insulin (for "300" between 2 and 5 you.) Depending on how you take effect.
Doing sports with this level of blood glucose is not highly recommended, try to lower it at least to "200".

JVH's profile photo
JVH
02/20/2017 9:51 a.m.

Hansolo said:
Forgive this thought a little of a sum of factors (boredom, rebel stage, puberty, change of the timbre of the voice ...), but ...
All that theory I currently have it through the Arc of Trifphe ... it never works for me.Or at least never the same.Of the approximately 9150 days I have been with diabetes, I think I still cannot say that two have been the same ... and it is not that my diabetes is precisely rebellious.He is not docile as a 2 -year -old boy, but he is not a teenage teenager ... I don't know if I explain ...: Twisted :: Twisted :: Twisted:

So taking advantage of my irreverence in this post, I will take the opportunity to say some fool that I have ever made desperate, trying to lower those figures that only God (and of course, the Virgin) know why cushion ... demons occur, and that there are noway to go down.I have drunk a lotthan another fun stupidity more fruit of the most absolute despair, and above all, impotence, which is what it feels when things do not go well.

Fortunately, today I am a responsible father, I no longer spend the silly money in Fabergé and Robopilinguis eggs, and my diabetes, the result of experience and maturity, it is now more ...I know more ... is now as unstable and stupidly erratic as always !!!!

I have to give you all the reason, in your comment, as you follow the rules of endocrineGive lessons and less those that their "pharmaceutical multinational friends tell them to apply" powerful gentleman is a money ". Just following and doing an individual study, how much you have in the morning," eating raw this is very important ", exercise, putInsulina When you really need, you see this taking a newspaper, how I affection for this or another meal, how much insulina you put, alone and only then I have begun to correct what with the advice of the professionals there was no way as you say.
All the best.

Jose María Recio's profile photo
Jose María Recio
03/01/2017 9:43 a.m.

Well, walking to a good step 8 km in the morning after breakfast, the glucose lowers me, I always lower it, I never upload it.What I feel is that I don't get it anymore, it reaches 140 and it stays there.

Juan Filopon's profile photo
Juan Filopon
12/31/2018 1:26 p.m.

altrania said:

What do you do ????

Well, correct yourself with fast, what are you going to do if not??With that high figure, it is not.Normal, something is being done wrong and obviously with a simple walk it will not come down.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/27/2023 12:35 p.m.

@meginer, how things are changing ... When my daughter debuted, 30 years ago, what taught us in the hospital is to exercise if it was high after eating, so we bought a static bike and after mealshad to run or jump or .., anyway ..
Until I realized that the logical thing was to click him faster.
How many things are we changing ourselves.
The endo also told me that I would not measure it so much, that three or four times and on alternate days.
I, no case, of course, but we had to buy the PQ strips, if you asked for more it was a sin.
I think until the continuous measurement came out, the doctors did not understand what this was about.
Also, the hydrates were butt, always a first plate of pasta or legumes and five meals a day.It is true that those insulins asked and the hypos threatened at all hours.
But now we have other insulins and we have to adapt to what they ask.
Download hydrates, of course.And decrease in hypos.Pure glucose, as I read you recently.It is logical.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/27/2023 4:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@meginer, how things are changing ... when my daughter debuted, 30 years ago, what taught us in the hospital is to exercise if I was high after eating, so we bought a static bike and after meals it had to run or jump or .., in short ..
Until I realized that the logical thing was to click him faster.
How many things are we changing ourselves.
The endo also told me that I would not measure it so much, that three or four times and on alternate days.
I, no case, of course, but we had to buy the PQ strips, if you asked for more it was a sin.
I think until the continuous measurement came out, the doctors did not understand what this was about.
Also, the hydrates were butt, always a first plate of pasta or legumes and five meals a day.It is true that those insulins asked and the hypos threatened at all hours.
But now we have other insulins and we have to adapt to what they ask.
Download hydrates, of course.And decrease in hypos.Pure glucose, as I read you recently.It's logical.

Claro Regina, I also know all that ... I have been with DB from 10 years, about 40, like your daughter or more.I started with pork insulin and roads until the human appeared.
Then the NPH, that you had to eat yes or yes, the mixtures etc, until we have today ..
There were no gluconstros cdo I started, only urine strips to measure sugar into urine, even in the villages, the older people tried their own urine to see if I was sweet, look at you.
Now with continuous measurement we can have a lot of information but it is true that insulin did not exist, diabetes was treated with feeding with few hydrates, obviously the more or less subsister type 2, the type 1 had it complicated and ended up dying because they did not haveNothing insulin but today it is being seen that if type 1 is from the beginning with few hydrates, the honeymoon is very much lengthened and pancreatic cells (which are) a long time are preserved.And there are also the studies.Even in type 2, if you eat many hydrates, there comes a time when squeezing the pancreas, insulin ends and you have to put it on.
Anyway, it has all the logic of the world that if what hurts us and causes us so many problems is excess hydrates, let's limit them a lot, the illogical is to tell us that 60 p One hundred of our diet should be hc pq pqIf not, we had hypos.And many continue to say it although fortunately things change.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/27/2023 6:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.