{'en': 'What do you do to lower the sugar ????', 'es': 'Que haceis para bajar el azucar????'} Image

What do you do to lower the sugar ????

Altranoia's profile photo   10/12/2011 5:45 p.m.

I don't know what I have to do, I look dumb, I know, but I am very coconut, thinking that I have to do to lower the sugar, when I am at 300 I start walking like crazy, and I just get tired and I got offbit.

What do you do ????

Thanks and good night to all.

PS: I'm going to walk a little like this, I get a little more;)

Altranoia's profile photo
Altranoia
10/12/2011 5:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Altranoia:
Without a doubt, I put insulin, when I have 300 I put 2 units, but that already depends on how much each unit goes down.There are many times that if you are only, it takes a long time to go down and more if you have eaten foods with fat, or pasta or paella.
Try that to see how you are doing because when you see such a high peak as soon as possible, better!

A greeting.
Cristina.LAST HEMO 7.4.Insulin bomb for 3 months.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
10/12/2011 5:49 p.m.

To respond better to doubts, it is better to say things like the type of diabetes and the treatment you have, so as not to have to repeat that manually in every post that the forum is made, it has some interesting options such as adding a firm in each post (User control panel -& GT;

Altranoia If you have type 1 diabetes, the most normal is to correct using fast insulin as pepita well with an extra injection just to correct or by putting any more unit in theNext food.

If you use rapid action analogues (and assuming you have a more or less stable diabetes ...) your insulin sensibility factor (FSI) can be calculated with something like = 1800 / (total insulin units).
Example: If between slow and fast insulin you put 60 units a day you would have a FSI of 30 (1800 /60) which means that an insulin unit lowers you about 30 mg / dl.
Calculating the difference between the glycemia value you have, where you should be and the FSI can be calculated (more or less) how many units you should put to correct, the matter goes from that.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/12/2011 6:05 p.m.

The units I put are: Humalog Kwikpen 7-11-7, in total 25 I Lantus 28, Total: 53. Now that I have to calculate ????

My question is: what do I have to do when I am high ... because when I look at it, 3 hours are missing to eat .....
What you tell me is, that I am injected with two units and then I do, as something or I begin to walk .....
Thank you very much

Altranoia's profile photo
Altranoia
10/13/2011 4:53 a.m.

Your endocrine has not told you how to correct hyperglycemia?Have you not calculated your sensitivity index?Hallucinated I stay: shock:
It does not all low the same insulin unit, and other factors must also be taken into account, so it is best to try but what you should not do is keep the 300 without correcting.Start with little amount and wipe to see the effect, little by little you will know how to correct without reaching hypoglycemia.

DiabetesForo
10/13/2011 5:35 a.m.

Altranoia, I do not know if I deduce for your comment that you are usually high ... if so, the first thing you should do is adjust the insulin that you put on, if the measures before eating are high sure you are missing Lantus and if whatThey give you high are measures 2 or 2.5 hours later, surely you lack quickly .... However, and for the total amount of insulin you get, 53, your sensitivity factor would be 34 (1800/53)That means that when you are high and have spent 2 hours or so since you were injected with the corresponding insulin units, taking into account that every 1 uinity that you injected you will lower the glycemia 34 ... ofAnyway, all this should be told the educator or the endocrine.On the other hand, intense exercise with 300 is advised.So the first thing to make an appointment for a reeducation.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/13/2011 6:54 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Forgive this thought a bit of a sum of factors (boredom, rebel stage, puberty, change of the timbre of the voice ...), but ...
All that theory I currently have it through the Arc of Trifphe ... it never works for me.Or at least never the same.Of the approximately 9150 days I have been with diabetes, I think I still cannot say that two have been the same ... and it is not that my diabetes is precisely rebellious.He is not docile as a 2 -year -old boy, but he is not a teenage teenager ... I don't know if I explain ...: Twisted :: Twisted :: Twisted:

So taking advantage of my irreverence in this post, I will take the opportunity to say some fool that I have ever made desperate, trying to lower those figures that only God (and of course, the Virgin) know why cushion ... demons occur, and that there are noway to go down.I have drunk a lotthan another fun stupidity more fruit of the most absolute despair, and above all, impotence, which is what it feels when things do not go well.

Fortunately, today I am a responsible father, I no longer spend the silly money in Fabergé and Robopilinguis eggs, and my diabetes, the result of experience and maturity, it is now more ...I know ... it's more ... it is now as unstable and stupidly erratic as always !!!!

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/13/2011 11:55 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello, little more to add, I agree with the recommendations that you tell you.
It is important to know your insulin sensitivity index, as a general rule it is usually done with the 1700/ total dose -day rule if it is with AAR.And that of 1500 if it is to go.
The water is also important because the volume of blood increases, therefore, the higher volume less amount of blood glucose.And you already know that from 180 mg/dl your kidneys begin to send the glucose sceso to the urine, therefore low.
And last if you are normally with these levels I think you should increase the basal.
And nothing greetings.
What I always say is that the theory is very beautiful, but then leading it to practice does not come out.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/17/2011 10:07 a.m.

Hello, little more to add, I agree with the recommendations that you tell you.
It is important to know your insulin sensitivity index, as a general rule it is usually done with the 1700/ total dose -day rule if it is with AAR.And that of 1500 if it is to go.
The water is also important because the volume of blood increases, therefore, the higher volume less amount of blood glucose.And you already know that from 180 mg/dl your kidneys begin to send the glucose sceso to the urine, therefore low.
And last if you are normally with these levels I think you should increase the basal.
And nothing greetings.
What I always say is that the theory is very beautiful, but then leading it to practice does not come out.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/17/2011 10:07 a.m.

Well, in spite of what Gondullo says, I believe that the formulas work, despite all the external things that can influence diabetes, having a good adjustment and having good control and knowledge of oneself, you can get half doma toThis beast ...
They always told me that Angela's diabetes was labile ... a baton !!!It has already cost sacrifices time, revealed, learning that, except files X, that there are hailos, Angela has quite predictable figures, and I assure that with a fairly normal life.
That having many years of evolution will make us accommodate, or we may feel rejection of the changes, both one thing and the other are understandable.What I find it hard to understand is to have means so that things can improve and not use them, or at least not try.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/18/2011 5:11 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

You can exercise
take a good diet
And consult with your doctor that is what suits you most to keep your glucose levels stable =)

DiabetesForo
12/28/2011 3:42 p.m.

With 300 glycemia you have to put 6 extra units of fast and drink a lot of water, the exercise is not indicated in hyperglycemia since you would rise more.

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/25/2012 5:11 a.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

With 300 glycemia you have to put 6 extra units of fast and drink a lot of water, the exercise is not indicated in hyperglycemia since you would rise more.

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/25/2012 5:11 a.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Sensor Freestyle Libre

I forgot to tell you that if those climbs pass you more than three days in a row you would have to climb the rapid morning, since it passes you 2 0 3h before the food,

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/25/2012 5:14 a.m.

Sensor Freestyle Libre

Eye!, The 6 units can be excessive, it is better that you go little by little and see how much you need to recover the normal level.

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
10/25/2012 4:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I take metformin and many times when I do many hours of not as nothing, I get the sugar to 70 and I get a jilorio from 15.

chacho's profile photo
chacho
11/19/2012 7:04 p.m.

Not being that I have to do, I look silly and to be, but I am very coconut, thinking that I have to do to lower the sugar, when I am at 300 I put myselfTo walk like crazy, and I just get tired and get little.What do you do ????

In the past, there for the upper cretaceous, I even went out to walk at night after dinner one day of work, given the overwhelming that gave me see high figures.Now I never do that nonsense.On the one hand, because how much insulin puts me, and on the other (this is bad), because you are losing fear of the disease, and you get used to those highest figures that you have very many days and against which in the end, you end up paying yourself, becauseYou cannot be with the pen in your hand all the time correcting files X. This is this.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/23/2012 6:20 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Altranoia, I know it is a post of last year, but I stay very: shock:, when they are surprised that they do not know or have not known what is sensitivity factor, ratios, etc ....

Not all of us were lucky to have an educator or an endocrine that makes us diabetes into exact sciences, because they are not, and there I go with Gondurullo, because after 33 years of evolution, I have not achieved that 2 days are igulaes..... An insulin unit has lowered 22 at a given time and at 4 days in the same time slot and with the same rations ingested it has lowered me 90 .... How is it explained?In addition, the sensitivity factor, the same as the ratio changes in minimum 3 daily hours, and that nobody tells me otherwise.

Now with almost a month with the pump, I can say that although my controls have improved, my inexplicable glycemic shots still exist, some hypoglycemia without ton or are, especially in post, with the advantage of which it goes back easier and you can stop thePump, but I do not change it for the feathers or look.

Anyway, they have explained it to you very well, pay attention to them, although sometimes you feel bad.:-/

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/09/2012 4:39 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Eye!, 6 units can be excessive, it is better that you go little by little and see how much you need to recover the normal level.

Greetings,

I agree.In my case with 300 I gave me 6 fast units and always ends with some good hypoglycemia at two hours.

When I have those values ​​I click 3 units and after an hour and a half I am in values ​​below 150 and going down.

DiabetesForo
01/01/2013 8:12 a.m.

Hello!I am taking aloe vera juice.About 6 daily soup many that can be distributed in two shots, one before breakfast and one before dinner.The truth is that he is going quite well.All the best.

Lucia 79's profile photo
Lucia 79
01/11/2013 4:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.