{'en': 'Can you eat liver and other viscera with diabetes 1?', 'es': '¿Se puede comer hígado y otras vísceras con Diabetes 1?'} Image

Can you eat liver and other viscera with diabetes 1?

DavidE's profile photo   12/23/2011 4:35 p.m.

I have diabetes mellitus 2 but my cholesterol is high, I arrive at 300, that's why my dr

ia121224's profile photo
ia121224
09/16/2020 2:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I eat it in month and without problems.
In my modest opinion, everything that is eaten in moderation is good.

PEPE's profile photo
PEPE
10/12/2020 12:02 a.m.

The viscera and the liver does not be healthy food for anyone.The viscera due to its high cholesterol content and the liver is where the toxins and hormones that give the animal accumulate.If one is crazy, as someone says here, from time to time it does not harm (a couple of times a month).
On the other hand, they are low carbohydrate foods, so they don't have to raise glycemia just, another thing is what we put to season.

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
01/10/2021 2:04 p.m.

@Peternut The viscera are the most nutritious part of the animal.The liver is a multivitamin and cholesterol is essential for the body.In addition, it has already been shown that the cholesterol we consume has nothing to do with blood levels.Between 70-80% of the body's cholesterol is produced by our own body because it needs it.The problem is the particles where this cholesterol travels, LDL those can deteriorate and become dangerous but that occurs especially by high blood glucose levels not by eating cholesterol or healthy foods.
And what accumulate toxins is not true either because the liver does not accumulate anything, the liver makes "purification" to eliminate toxic but do not stay inside.Of course, like the meat a thousand times better to eat meat of animals raised in good condition (free and grazing).The farm are always worse because they give them feed, they do not have almost access to the outdoor and give them antibiotics (although there are very strict controls and a time before sacrificing them they cannot be given).Both the meat and the viscera of grass animals will always be better nutritionally and in flavor but does not mean that the farm are full of toxic and hormones.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/11/2021 1:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Well, if you believe it, I have nothing to add, everyone can believe and eat what they want.
PeternutNutrologist dr

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
01/11/2021 7 p.m.

@Peternut is not what I believe is what science says.You just have to look for scientific studies in Pupmed and similar databases.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/12/2021 8:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a.Based on this I have answered the person I asked, but if you do not agree, I will not contradict you.What you say is not supported by science, I end this debate.
As my boss said, one should know what scientists pay attention.Kind regards.

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
01/12/2021 10:37 a.m.

Friends: What is the name of in Spain is the beauty of a dish that show in the photo here in Latin America we would say lift dead, if one eats that dish has strength to work half a week.Alfredo from Venezuela.Greetings Friends Take a lot.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
02/21/2021 7:18 p.m.

Very good !!!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/21/2021 8:28 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

herrera said:
Friends: what is called in Spain is the beauty of a dish that show in the photo here in Latin America we would tell you dead dead, if one eats that dish has strength to work half a week.Alfredo from Venezuela.Greetings Friends Take a lot.

They are calluses with chickpeas.

A_bilbao's profile photo
A_bilbao
02/21/2021 10:27 p.m.

Carlos1979 said:
I imagine that they will be Mexican pesos, if it does not go mad, hahaha ...
>

Here in Mexico, I see in the pharmacy that the isopan insulin (intermediate action) 100ui/ml is worth 345 pesos that is like 16 dollars.I don't know if it's a lot of insulin or if it's little.But I suppose those who have social security, insulin are given for free.Note.Social Security in Mexico is not like Spain, whenever a private medical system must be done, the difference is abysmal.Although there are families who, due to their economy, have no other.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/26/2021 8:29 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Does food become your enemy?
Something as fundamental as breakfast, lunch or dinner becomes an almost impossible mined field
Do you feel identified with some of these points? .......

ronny's profile photo
ronny
05/03/2021 9:20 p.m.

Horacio1953's profile photo
Horacio1953
05/12/2021 6:50 p.m.

ronny said:
food becomes your enemy?
Something as fundamental as breakfast, lunch or dinner becomes an almost impossible mined field
Do you feel identified with some of these points? .......

You can eat everything, whenever you put the adequate insulin to contrast the climb of blood cellthat does the pancreas, when you eat, if you do not have to enter panic for the food, if you accompany with some exercise as well as better than better

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/05/2021 10:33 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.