{'en': 'Can you eat liver and other viscera with diabetes 1?', 'es': '¿Se puede comer hígado y otras vísceras con Diabetes 1?'} Image

Can you eat liver and other viscera with diabetes 1?

DavidE's profile photo   12/23/2011 4:35 p.m.

Hello,

I am the mother of a 10 -year -old boy just debuted with type 1 diabetes mellitus, my question is whether you can eat liver and other viscera such as calluses, roasts, etc ...

Thanks in advance for your help!

DavidE's profile photo
DavidE
12/23/2011 4:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.

The viscera in a diabetic are so good or so bad as for a non -diabetic, so, if it has no other pathology, there is no problem.The only caution is cholesterol, which is a risk factor in diabetics, but their analytics are normal, without problem.

If your child has just debuted, you will have many doubts, so I planted them without qualms.

There is also a "parents" section where you will find many, like me, that we have diabetic children and surely you will see how things are not so difficult.

Health and Merry Christmas.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2011 5:43 p.m.

Nothing happens, your child has no problem as they started with high cholesterol levels

DiabetesForo
12/26/2011 3:03 p.m.

My mother.
I have entered the Diabetes Group website and I almost passed me.More than two hundred dollars for an insulin ball?More than 900 for a box of 5 bolis that will cost about 80 euros here?
That should be a crime.

DiabetesForo
12/26/2011 3:13 p.m.

And the price of the one touch ultra: shock :: shock :: shock:, when the laboratories give them free, I imagine not only in Spain ......

DiabetesForo
12/26/2011 5:26 p.m.

And the boxes with feathers:-/ this is crazy !!!

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
12/26/2011 5:53 p.m.

I imagine that they will be Mexican pesos, if it doesn't go mad, hahaha ...

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
12/27/2011 1:19 p.m.

The liver shoots my blood glucose.And it crazy ... so I give myself the whim from time to time.Like everything in diabetes, each one is a world, ID doing tests.But I consider it from food to check with magnifying glass.(Only the liver, the rest of viscera ok)

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/31/2015 10:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

The liver gives me arcades, hehehe ... but apart from that if he likesCarbon, which are basically pasta, rice and potato.(Tb bread and fruit)

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/31/2015 11:43 a.m.

And legumes and cereals

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/31/2015 11:45 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I as part and you have to watch over the fats, in this case my blood glucose if it alters a bit

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
08/01/2015 11:43 p.m.

Today ate liver, two grilled bifes and sugar went up to 345. It can be, during the day, following the diet.

jose54's profile photo
jose54
01/25/2018 9:18 p.m.

The liver can have glucose or glycogen .., you will have to put faster.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2018 12:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I believed that the liver had very little hydrates.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/29/2018 9:40 a.m.

The general rule is that meats do not contain carbohydrates .... except liver.The liver is a glucage storage organ and for this reason HC can contribute.According to the animal, it can have more or less HC.For example, the veal contains about 4.2gr per 100 gr of liver and pork only 0.9gr

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/04/2018 3:51 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Friends: Thanks for the information about eating liver and others.I live in Venezuela and from the start of my Diábetes number I have received anything from the laboratory, if they give you an information leaf on November 14: as they say in my native country they do not give a grain demand to the rooster of the passion.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
08/21/2019 9:02 p.m.

The liver has many fats (and proteins) and each one has to check how it reacts.It is "normal" that at 4 or 5 hours the glucose rises by metabolizing our liver the fat.Eye, if you eat liver and carbohydrates, the body is going to dedicate to absorb fat and proteins before, with what you have put insulin before eating, you may have a downturn.In these cases I put insulin 30 m after dinner.

But it depends a lot on each body.It is best to experience and write down for the next time.

I upload the excess of proteins and fats at 4 hours, but only "in excess."

If I have a restaurant and I go with the meat, then I am careful to control more, especially at night.

In any case, I would never have a liver!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/24/2019 7:09 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I think they are especially contraindicated for people with high uric acid

GIORGINO DIEBTINO's profile photo
GIORGINO DIEBTINO
09/13/2020 2:07 p.m.

Diabético tipo dos desde hace 5 años
Medicación Actual: Metformina 1.0 gr x2 (1 mañana y 1 noche) + 850 gr x1 (mediodía)
Hemoglobina glicosilada:
Octubre 2017: 8.00 ;Diciembre 2017: 6.01
Febrero 2018: 6.30; Junio 2018: 7.30, Próximo análisis Septiembre 2018

gala said:
and legumes and cereals

Legumes are not contraindicated in diabetes and cereals while we talk about oats or barley and the like nothing happens.

revival's profile photo
revival
09/15/2020 2:57 a.m.

Alea: With the blockade they have against Venezuela, nothing is achieved and if it is achieved, it is at the black market price there are no reactive strips for a glucometer, 3 mese did to buy a syringe for insulin, previously I bought a syringe packageOf 10 units in 25 bolivars I went to a medicine store called Locatel, there they asked me 6,500.oo bol´vares for a single syringe.and those who hate the president still ask for sanctions for Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
09/15/2020 11:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.