LEVEMIR AND ALBA EFFECT

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/25/2012 10:52 a.m.

Hi, I wanted to ask them if anyone faced with the alba effect by levere.
My basal are well tight.I get a pile at 10 am and 10 p.m. (2 hours up or down but every 12 hours)

The fact is that at 6 in the morning or less the glycemia begins to raise the whole car well.
I get 5 elevorapid about 7 in the morning and at the time 2 units.more or less.That keeps me the normal levels until 11:00 am but at 11:00 a.m. (4 hours after the correction of 5 units) I am produced by a hyper and a hyper in 10 minutes.The chaqida is brushes and arranged with "1 only glucose", at 10 minutes I pass from 50 to 220.

I have a Seven Dexcom and until Him goes crazy with this "phenomenon."I recommend some way of controlling this topic with preloaded pen.
The truth is that I do not know if I get the less to get the one at 6 in the morning and not return to sleep for life is to say as a normal person until 8:00 am.

Thank you.

PD: Poquisimo ceno, that is, the alba effect does not depend on dinner.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/25/2012 10:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not know if you have tried to fix it by putting more levamir at night and having a little more or recourying, so that a hypo does not occur.It may be increasing the lesson, you increase its duration, because it may happen that at that time the hyper begins, do not have insulin.
:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2012 4:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Let's see if the new Navo swallow basal meets what it promises;real efficacy of more than 24 hours and an almost absence of hypos.It looks good, and for many people who do not get perfection either with Lantus or with Levemir may be the solution.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/26/2012 3:41 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

When will we have it here, Gon?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2012 10:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Holass

At 11 in the morning I do not know if Alba effect can be considered:-/

I suppose you will have more or less equivalent to those 5 units of fast ... and an hour later the correction of 2 units.
This correction seems a little high ... when I used to let me go up (depending on the day) between 30 and 70 the blood glucose ....

The downturn, perhaps comes, for that unit of more that maybe I can overwhelm you in correction.
The posterior climb is a rebound effect.

DiabetesForo
01/26/2012 1:36 p.m.

I have been doing the pine with the subject for years.
Put the Levemir 2 hours before, 2 hours later, up the dose of the night, breakfast before the crisis, breakfast after the crisis, eat little, eat more, etc.
I have become fast every hour, fast every 2 hours, and more and less dose.It is getting a crumb in my mouth and hitting my rebound at 200.

The only thing I need is to get up at 5 to put it on.

I tell you: I want a solution for when I remove my bomb, because today they put it to me.

Today they have given me the crisis at 11 with her, just as painful, Dexcom blocked (I am calibrating again).I hope to improve the evolution with the basal that has put me from 04:00 to 09:00 of 1.10ud compared to 0.85 of the rest of the day.

I have introduced myself at 9 in the morning with Cetona in blood of 0.5 and 80 of glycemia ... how long can I be with this ketone?They say that it is for eating little .. the truth is that as little to fix the crisis ed the 11am .. of fact breakfast 1 ration in the hypoglycemia crisis of the 11

Anyway, if there are people who are either for the new one ... but that it is not a cancer that I already carried a neoplasm (of ... I do not know that ... the lantus?) And that not of palpitations for theLantus put me sick.

Any suggestion for the ketonic crisis (taking advantage of the post)?By the way, the cetona gives pains because I can't with my body?thank you

DiabetesForo
01/26/2012 1:42 p.m.

Water, explain to us about neoplasia and lantus, which has not become clear to me and I'm already scaring ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2012 3:07 p.m.

And why are you going to remove the pump?It seems to me that with her you can improve a lot

DiabetesForo
01/26/2012 3:21 p.m.

Assuming that this value of ketones in blood is in mmol/l (it is always good0.5 mmol/L los puede dar cualquier persona en ayunas aunque no tenga diabetes.

The recommendations of what to do when they have ketones (whether many or few) depends among other things that glycemia value is the one that accompanies those ketones:

• <0.5 mmol/L + glucemia <180 mg/dl --- & GT;It is not necessary to worry.

• & lt;0.5 mmol/l + glycemia & GT;250 mg/dl --- & GT;Measure again (cetonemia) in 1 - 2 h.
  • That value of 0.5 mmol/l that you have can simply cetones produced by the fasting of the whole night and with that value when accompanied by normal blood glucose (getting up with 80 mg/dl is to get up with a very good blood glucose) the recommendation isDo nothing and you shouldn't worry.

Everything I have written about ketones is taken from a book.

I personally doubt that the "file x" that you say that happens to you in the morning has something to do with this ketones ...

-----------------------------------

Changing the subject ... If you have had any neoplasms problems I can understand that you have some suspicI think it should not piss out of the pot too much with that theme because nothing has been demonstrated.
    What was published in relation to the possible relationship of Lantus and Cancer in 2009 were observational studies, nothing conclusive.
    That possible relationship could not be confirmed or excluded and that happens with almost anything ... (the same would happen if for example the possible relationship of drinking water and cancer, eating bread and cancer, watching TV and cancer... No one could confirm it and nobody could exclude it and being so you will not stop drinking water or eat bread).

I think it is better to talk about this topic with prudence for not giving staff.

When I did the (until today) last change of insulin also noticed palpitations (I accelerated my pulse a little and that I was totally at rest) but that after a few weeks disappeared ... Anyway when I noticed it, I agreed more withThe peak of the rapid action analogue (close to 2 hours of putting an injection of the rapid action analogand 6 hours of his puncture).

They are bone insulin anologists ... speaking fast and badly ... it is genetically modified insulin to get things how to modify its duration and modify its curve ... Maybe the body needs a time to adapt to the "things" these are similarTo insulin.

DiabetesForo
    01/26/2012 6:53 p.m.

changing the subject ... if you have had any neoplasms problems I can understand that you have some suspicAvoid risks if there are alternatives to her (and there are) but I think it should not be pissed out of the pot too much with that theme PQ nothing has been demonstrated.
    What was published in relation to the possible relationship of Lantus and Cancer in 2009 were observational studies, nothing conclusive.
    That possible relationship could not be confirmed or excluded and that happens with almost anything ... (the same would happen if for example the possible relationship of drinking water and cancer, eating bread and cancer, watching TV and cancer... No one could confirm it and nobody could exclude it and being so you will not stop drinking water or eat bread).

I think it is better to talk about this topic with prudence for not giving staff.

I fully agree.
    Agua102, saying that is an audacity.

HanSolo's profile photo
    HanSolo
    01/27/2012 3:56 a.m.

.... and I say:-/, if so clear were that relationship would have already removed the insulin from the market, right?Maybe it's very naive: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
    01/27/2012 4:01 a.m.

.... and I say:-/, if so clear were that relationship they would have already removed the insulin from the market, right?Maybe it's very naive: Mrgreen:

Because the relationship has been demonstrated, but not that there is cause/effect.

DiabetesForo
    01/27/2012 1 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers.

In the first place I retire from the Lantus it went wrong for the palpitations I spent a lot of time with her because there was no less lessing (no insulin gave me that side effect).
    And of course I save the Mixtard that that if they were not going.

Cetosis with 0.1 or 0.2 is not removed in any blood glucose, that is, this "a nail".To make matters worse, they have to look at it for the change of catheter, which already misgues me at all.
    Cetosis tell me that it is for eating little ... and so that I want to eat more if I have overweight, cattle based on hypoglycemia and sugar 20 years (because of course eating in restaurants it has not been)

Well I tell you my own conclusions in case you can contribute some of your experience:
    I think after thinking about it well, the story has nothing to do with the pump or with the pen or insulin.

I tell you how all my days have been with diabetes:
    Try not to think of levemirs, basal or anything like that the effect of the rapidly in the face of food.
    Breakfast 1 coffee with saccharin + 15 gr of bread (small half toast) ---- 6 elevorapid.Linear climb of 3 hours from 70 to 260 (I have to take in the first 10 minutes 1 small caramel because it seems that insulin hits me a pelin before the coffee but this is anecdotal)
    FOOD 40 gr of bread 1 an omelet --- 8 unds of novorapid.3 -hour linear climb from 70 to 230

I am putting 1 ud of insulin for 5 gr of HC (the maximum according to the pump)

What happens ... I'm afraid that an analogue to gastroparesis even if it is not diabetic.The stomach is empty at 3 hours ... and then stop sending glucose to the blood.Insulin can't with her.
    This afternoon I am at 6, I jump 20 minutes, my stomach sounds and the sugar lowers in 20 min from 260 to 70.

Is there no medication for gastric emptying? Can there be other infection that originated it for 20 years?The stomach inflates with pquisima food and does not deflate.
    I think it is a question of the form of my system.Digestive PQ already made me Celiaquia, intolerances, Helicopter Pilori, ... They talk about candida in the diabetics (but I have no idea) I did the test of saliva and the mirror and the saliva fell into clusters (they said that that was candiasis) I don't know if the story sounds to you ... I read it in a book on Candiasis 21st century disease.

Of course I now blades with the bomb that if I square bolus, q if bolus double .... the problems remains the same.

I would like to know if there is someone with gastroparesis, I would be very helpful.

DiabetesForo
    01/29/2012 12:18 p.m.

The presence of ketone bodies is one thing and entering ketoacidosis is another, there is no reason being called the same as both things when they are not the same.

If it is simply a presence of ketone bodies (being below 0.6 mmol/l) it is not something to worry about, everyone (you have or do not have diabetes) on an empty stomach or after prolonged fasting goes toHave a presence of ketone bodies.
    Concern to correct glycemia that will be solving the possible cetonas problem.

I understand that now that you have a bomb, they inside on the issue of ketones PQ among other things when you have a pump if you have any problem not only resent the glycemia, to the minimum they appear ketone bodies (the "deposit effect" when wearing a pump is minimal and thatmakes the minimum appear) and the thing could get ugly but insist ... I doubt that this theme of ketones that you are telling has to do with the other things that happen to you.

-----------------------------------

Fast insulin topic / ratios:

We are going to assume that we seek to have objectives such as those recommended by the ADA (Association of American Diabetics) that are more or less: between 80 and 120 mg/dl in pre-comidas and between 140 and 180 mg/dl in posts in the posts-Comes.

Someone who has values ​​in 70 mg/dl pre-comides and who have 200-and dl peak post-components:

• 1st) That person is getting somewhat hurried to those meals (assuming that he seeks to be in the objectives of the ADA, I mean, between 80 and 120 mg/dl in the pre-comidas) bone that is possibly left over basal insulin.

2nd) Have some post-components of 200 and peak mg/dl It is indicative that more fast insulin is needed to cover those meals (these are values ​​that are quite above those objectives of the ADA, bone, between 140 and 180 mg/dl in the post-comidas) regardless of the fact that to achieve those objectives you need very "large" insulin ratios and regardless of whether the pump allows or not allowing those "large" ratios (and allows you to doubt that a bomb does not leaveUse ratios above 1 insulin unit for every 5 g of HC ... PQ if it did not allow it to give that pump a lot ...).

• Insulin needs of each person are different and if you need superior insulin ratios you put them and shut up the whole world PQ is what you need.
  • I mean that you have to touch the two things (basal and bowling) that is basically the story of every person with type 1 diabetes.

For the issue of calculation of insulin ratios and in general to carry a diet by portions I think it is better to take as a reference 1 ration of carbohydrates = 10 g of carbohydrates that among other things makes it easier to make calculations (as much asReferences of 1 ration of HC = 15 g of HC) can be found.

And for the issue of gastric emptying ... either very fast, fast, slow, very slow ... now you have an insulin pump which allows you to do many things (you can put everything in simple bolus, you can put everything in bolusExtended/square, can you put part and part) what do you say you do the very slow digestions?Well, the majority of the bolus move towards the extended/square bolus type that is for that.

DiabetesForo
    01/29/2012 1:28 p.m.

If it is indeed to arrive with 70 is in a hurry and can already be high basal or bolus corrective at 2 hours:
    Today food at 15 - at 18: 260 of glycemia (I burn literally) and since I can not there any & GT;Bolus Corrector 3 UDS & GT;Now it's 19: Egtro in hypoglycemia that is having those that lasts this bolus until 8:00 p.m. as I am pursed by sugar sugar and splicing with dinner at 20:00 (within 1 hour).

I really do not understand the issue of food assimilation.The 10 gr glucose of bread always rises the blood glucose?If there is no mobility, will it continue to get glucose?
    No idea but it is anomal that sometimes when the digestion is fast (the minimum times) the glucose is so fast for a similar bolus (the normal) (I once have the good day)

The pump is the paradigm 722 that leaves me normal ... q From 8 unds it makes me palpitations almost always (and I am afraid more than 10 unds followed because the stomach is a lottery), square bolus the unds are slowly and bolo dual bolus(Normal + Square)
    Today I got 3.5 undo and 3.5 square bolus at 1h and a half .. Result --- 260 linear.
    Well, until when I put the square because the maximum insulin effect is up to 2 hours (from 2 to 4 are waste)
    As I do not put 2 bolos of 6 normal unds 1 at every hour you know only to do part of paste boats 30 minutes ... and when it is raining or this patient I do is absurd.

I am a graphic

Link

DiabetesForo
    01/29/2012 2:06 p.m.

How long do you have a bomb ??????I understand that very little or am I wrong ??????
    With your problem the ideal treatment is the bomb but well adjusted the basal and for that you need time.
    Tell us how you have the basal to see if we can help you and if the square or dual bolus does not work that are very effective, clear ....... Try to put the bolus a half hour after starting to eat.
    Go testing because the trial is the only way to learn.

DiabetesForo
    01/29/2012 3:24 p.m.

Indeed a short time.The basal I think it is tight, it has cost me but I think it is almost well.
    The thing is that someone suggests me how to put hand to the linear 260 hyperglycemia in 3 hours.
    The basal is at 0.8 ud/h in the afternoon period, except if I am after eating that the change at 0.6 at 5:00 p.m. and 0.4 at 22:00
    This afternoon has been 0.8 all afternoon that I talked because I did not wantThere have been no strong hypos after).
    I am trying 2 separated bowling 1 hour each with half of the insulin, but this does not do the machine alone.The square is for the binge (pizza) the dual binge of pizza at the wrong time and the normal.
    It could be able to configure the bolus to make double or triple etc. but this does not do this pump I do not know if there will be other pumps with this.

DiabetesForo
    01/29/2012 5:03 p.m.

What happens ... I fear that an analogue to gastroparesis even if it is not diabetic.The stomach is empty at 3 hours ... and then stop sending glucose to the blood.Insulin can't with her.
    This afternoon I am at 6, I jump 20 minutes, my stomach sounds and the sugar lowers in 20 min from 260 to 70.

Isn't there a gastric emptying medication?

For that, metoclopramide (the famous primpest) is usually used.Accelerates gastric emptying and can "save" someone who has punctured insulin, but this one goes faster than what takes a stomach to metabolize the ingested food.Or that or a lot delay the dose of insulin, of course.All this is generally sacrificed by the posts, which are out of control a bit, everything to avoid post-comparative low.
    I have enough slowness to raise glycemia after food.I have been like that for many years, and I think it has gone a little more over time.I thought it would be gastroparesia, but the truth is that I have none of its symptoms.And that I know, there is no subclinical gastroparesis.So I was quieter.But what I cannot control is the time it takes to raise my glycemia after the food, which has forced me to play always after eating (sometimes up to an hour later).All this has allowed me to avoid the unpleasant and intense post-Comida downturn, always so chungos.But at the expense of glycemia after eating, they have to be necessarily higher, for a mere security issue, which certainly does not imply a health problem for my diabetes.

HanSolo's profile photo
    HanSolo
    01/30/2012 3:54 a.m.

It happened to me for a year, that did not do the digestion well.I went to the doctor and came out crying because little and more and told me that I was going to die in a little years.I blame the diabetes and gave me a gastric protector (all this without a single test, he only heard the word diabetes) I went to the endocrine and told him all this (he told me to put a claim against the doctor) andI send me various tests and a celiac analysis (they have done you?, it was convinced that it would be positive, but no, I am not celiac).They gave me some pills, that I do not remember, that I had to take them an hour before eating and eating soft, mixing little and slowly and controlling the hypos/hyper.The day I have broken sugar, I find it a lot to do the digestion, but because of the reluctance that the hypes/hypes leave me.

And about breakfast, I also have the Dexcom and I have also drove it crazy.In my case I got up at 80 and without doing anything: neither eating, nor stress put me at 200. If it was a weekend I got up when I got up, that I could several two, three hours.

My solution was to have two basal (work days, weekends) and an hour before getting up I wear 1.5 more basal.Breakfast somewhat with fiber and low glycemic index.The bread only goes up a lot, put some olive oil or something that delay absorption.
    And eating less of those necessary is not a good idea because the ketone bodies that also affect the stomach will appear

tica's profile photo
    tica
    01/30/2012 10:19 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
    DM1 desde 1988
    Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
    Bomba + Dexcom

I answer between TICA lines PQ your message has been revealing

It happened to me for a year, that did not do the digestion well.I went to the doctor and came out crying because little and more and told me that I was going to die in a little years.I blame all diabetes and gave me a gastric protector (all this without a single test, only heard the word diabetes)

The usual discrimination to me too

I went to the endocrine and told him all this (he told me to put a claim against the doctor) and send me various tests and a celiac analysis (they have done you? It was convinced that it would be positive, but no, I am not celiac).

I am not celiac or intolerant to most food

They gave me some pills, that I do not remember, that I had to take them an hour before eating and eating soft, mixing little and slowly and controlling the hypos/hyper.

Tell me which please

The day I have broken sugar, I find it a lot to do the digestion, but because of the reluctance that the hypes/hypes leave me.

idem

And about breakfast, I also have the Dexcom and I have also drove it crazy.

Have you claimed Dexcom?It is blocked every morning.So to traffic the coffee and bread beggar in the morning I need as little 3x6 = 18 punctures (sometimes changes are in less than 10 minutes
    )

In my case I woke up at 80 and without doing anything: neither eat, nor stress put me at 200.

idem
    If it was a weekend I went up when I got up, that I could several two, three hours.
    idem

My solution was to have two basal (work days, weekends) and an hour before getting up I wear 1.5 more basal.

I already have that pattern designed (for myself)

Breakfast somewhat with fiber and low glycemic index.

What?I don't have anything

The bread only goes up a lot, put some olive oil or something that delay absorption.

What?The bread with oil rises the same

And eating less of those necessary is not a good idea because the ketone bodies that also affect the stomach will appear

I already have ketone groups and they are not removed

Thank you so much.I am expectant to your response and those of others of course.

DiabetesForo
    01/30/2012 11:01 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.