Has anyone stopped using the insulin pump ???

romevila's profile photo   02/16/2012 4:17 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I, tozuda, or I don't know how to self -style, everyone speaks wonders of the bomb, I can no longer have them ...

But, I think of a question: someone has used a bomb for a while and has returned to the ball?What will any or not?Do you know any case?

Thanks for your support, really.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/16/2012 4:17 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

I do not think there are many people, when you try it and you see that you have won as life and that you can reduce glycosylated hemoglobin with less effort than before, you don't want to return to feathers.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
02/16/2012 5:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I doubt the case.For the simple reason that in Spain, to whom they put the bomb, it is because it has poor control of diabetes.And in 90% of cases, the pump improves the average figures.Or solve the problems that were (asymptomatic hypos, for example).If on the contrary, you put a bomb to someone with good control, you probably do not improve anything or almost nothing.Perhaps greater control when administering insulin and accommodating it to different meals or situations, but little else.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/17/2012 2:36 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I know 2 cases of adults, one of them wrote it in the old forum.I think he did not adapt to carrying the device.A more psychological issue than anything else.And the case of a teenager, who I don't know if he left her or had to remove it ...
The bomb is not only put in poorly controlled people, Juan Luis was very well controlled and they put it on, and here, here in our health area you had nothing more to ask for it ... and in children I have no story.
And although we have already had this discussion, Gondurulo, and I don't want to be tired, what does nothing improve in a well -controlled patient?Ha! You just have to take a turn of the forum.I tell you that most people have changed their lives ... and you will hear many say that they do not return to the bolis or joke.

Ah, and another thing that I always say too, this is one more treatment, an alternative to injections, it is not irreversible, if you do not adapt, if you do not do well, you can always return to what you have ... Of course there area period of adaptation and improvement of treatment.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/17/2012 4:02 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I corroborate what Velia says, as Gondrovo shows that you have never had a bomb, it is impossible for you to understand what life changes even with good control, but it is a totally respectable personal decision not to want it.But I did not have it, I would not dare to comment on whether or not to improve the quality of life;).

Personally I do not know anyone who has renounced the bomb, but here I think they have returned a couple of people, a child and an adult because they did not adapt.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/17/2012 4:21 a.m.

The pump is prescribed when there are certain conditions, and all go through the same conclusion: bad control.If there is no bad control, the theory says that the SS does not put a device that costs a paste.If there are cases of good control and put the pump, then or have plug, or something out of the protocol.Because the theory does not say that, as is normal.
And when someone has bad control, the pump improves your diabetes yes or yes.It is easy to improve when there are problems.But I insist that a person with multidosis with good control, a bomb will not be important.

Prado, I have not said that a bomb improves the quality of life.Don't know.A priori, I personally do not like (as we know them today) and I think I would not improve it more than I have now.But it is true that there is some study on putting bombs to people with good control and the results are what I say.There is no important improvement.As is logical on the other hand.It is as if a Ferrari wants to take a garage to make some modification to enhance the engine.Well, the truth, you will notice the difference about something that already has great power and benefits.On the other hand, if you take the workshop to improve the engine of a Renault Megane, the improvement will surely be appreciable.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/17/2012 5:23 a.m.

Gondurulo I can assure you that I do not have any plug, I only treat me an endocrine that seeks the best treatment for their patients, in addition to the best quality of life and here are all the pro-pumps, many have been put on, both to both theThey have bad control like those who do not ..... as it has to be, all equally, without distinctions.I know that now it cannot be so unfortunately: |

DiabetesForo
02/17/2012 5:55 a.m.

I know two teenagers who have stopped using a bomb, but they are not normal but two particular cases that constitute the exception.Most of the people who have "catao" do not release it so, in my case my son with how small it is from the very soon I say bomb, I do not want to prick.And sometimes when you complain, I always tell you, nothing happened, if you don't want to wear the bomb we go to the bowling (yes, I'm bad: twisted :) and he tells me noooo! The bolis no.The same in the future when he is an adult prefers to leave the bomb, whatever he decides will be fine.
Gondurulo, I do not agree with you, respect that you do not want to try the bomb, that you are happy with the treatment you carry, I am more happy for you.I do not like that you slide like who does not want the thing that the pump is a very expensive device and that is only for poorly controlled diabetics, so the competent diabetics who care to control their illness, are informed, are involved 24 hours a day andThat is why they have some we have fantastic, those have no right to technological advances that provide them with a higher quality of life, what do you mean?With this I am not saying that there are people who despite their efforts do not get adequate control, but let's go honest, I know many people who have not spent the hours and hours that I have spent forming and informing me, which have been limitedTo regret, to stick to what the endocrine says, as if this were a disease of I took a pill at 3, at 8, and at 12, and to ask in rhetorical tone how the child is 400, or asIs that despite doing what the pattern says, they get a hem above 8. Are these the pump candidates that you propose?
In the current situation that we live statements such as yours are very dangerous, especially from your position as a representative of a diabetics association, you should use your energies to stop denouncing treatments that have mainly demonstrated their effectiveness, and focus on claiming education and training and trainingContinuous diabetological for all patients, fundamental so that people with diabetes and their relatives can control the disease properly, and from there it should never be lost sight of the fact that beyond clinical efficacy we have to aspire to a humanistic medicinein which the patient's quality of life prevails above all.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/17/2012 8:46 a.m.

I am very sorry that my subject has raised this somewhat heated "discussion".
I totally agree with you Prado and Mornita, the associations must promote new therapies, advise, help, etc., I have known that several forgings are associations of their provinces .... I did not know that TB can receive diabetological education in them.

I did not know the counting of hydrates, nor that the sensitivity index existed .... someone advised me to associate me ????No one ever.

The bomb is the most novel treatment to treat diabetes, therefore it should be available to everyone, because no one gives us anything, we with our taxes and what we pay for social security, we have already bought itenough times, or not?

I mean, if hemo is in 7, do not put it on me?should I increase to 9 or 10 ?????
My Hemo is now at 7.4, but has been at 9.9 many times.

Now what?Well, surely I will be given non -resounding when I return to the subject with my endocrine.

I don't know if I have gone as a mother with the subject, someone will take it to know, as always

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/17/2012 10:05 a.m.

Quiet Romevila, as long as you do not miss respect, each one can and must express their opinion, we do not have to agree on everything.The discussions are good, very good, as long as we respect each other.

DiabetesForo
02/17/2012 10:14 a.m.

I have already told my case several times.My control has always been good, not very good, but acceptable (around 7, tenth up, tenth below).But I was very clear that I wanted the bomb, even my parents were about to pay it in their pocket because in Aragon they did not wear, but it was not an option for the price of consumables.

When I got it in the end, it was very hard to get used to it.For me, clicking with the injections, it was part of my life, in fact I do not remember when I was not diabetic and suddenly I saw myself connected to a 24 -hour gossip that continually reminded me: "You are diabetics."I was about to return it, I couldn't take it anymore.But what I did was go to the beach and rest a week of the bomb.Then I realized that I did not return it for anything in the world: D

Now 6 years later it follows me more "artificial" the bomb than the bolis, for me it was like a debut in diabetes at age 21 because I really had the punctures very internalized, I remember the feeling of clicking on me and, perhaps once to theMonth, think: "It's true, I'm diabetics. How long have I not thought about this?"Now that does not happen to me, for example, my partner will hug me, the first thing I say: take care of the bomb!I am running and the holder's bomb falls and I hit the aposty, and I feel like it.I take a anger with the mute for being diabetic ...

But well, now my controls are around 6.5 and the most important thing is that I do not do peaks as with the lantus that 300 when I had 3 hours to put on the lantus nobody took it off ... neither schedules changes, nor regular insulinTo cover those hours or anything ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/17/2012 12:52 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I also know a couple of cases that have abandoned the bomb ... also teenagers.
In the same way that there are still patients who use traditional roads and syringes instead of feathers ... each is a world.

As for the debate (interesting by the way), the bomb does not improve yes or yes, as Gondrullo says.
Who improves is the patient ... If the patient does not learn to count hydrates correctly, to calculate the bolus according to the situation and suggestion of the pump, to reformulate the basal according to results, to know how to take advantage of the dual bolus and use theTemporary basal according to events ... The pump will not improve at all, which is still a traditional dropper equipped with an electronic diffusion system and a calculator that uses parameters that must be modified.

And here is the key, in my opinion, of the matter ... the issue is not the legal requirements for the granting of bombs but the individual capacity of each patient to change the dynamics in which it was before the bomb (including theNeed to make a minimum of 5-6 glycemia controls per day), be able to assume the new (or forgotten) concepts of diabetological education and to be able to take the right to a complex instrument such as insulin pump.And of course the psychological variable, so many times forgotten.

Because legal requirements are a joke, they are celebrated by 95% of type 1 patients:
- Multiple injections regime: at least three daily, and that have required frequent self -support of the insulin dose.
And that they are in any of these situations, note that the BOE puts some, not all.
- glycosylated hemoglobin & GT;7.0%.
- history of recurrent hypoglycemia .Recurrent in what sense ???daily?weekly?Do we include hypos by exercise or only the "uncontrollable"?
- Wide variations in preprandial blood glucose.
It would be necessary to define broad ... and to what limit ... but come on, weird is the person who does not have variations of 50 or 60 mg/dl minimum ... taking into account that it puts preprandial, does not speak ofBasal glycemia.
- Alba phenomenon with glycemia that exceed 200 mg/dl.
- History of severe glycemic deviations.

These requirements forget cases such as gastroparesia, labile diabetes, from phobia to needles ... or trained medical personnel for the establishment and monitoring of bombs: Twisted:

What Clinidiabet says: Improving adherence to treatment is the key to pump therapy.

It is said that by avoiding 2 severe/year hypoglycemia (requiring medical assistance: ambulatory or hospitable) ISCI is already effective cost.

I leave a link on a cost study of insulin pumps: Link ... ci_arttext >
whose conclusions are: The improvement in glycemic control in patients with bike was associated with a reduction in the global cost of the management of patients with DM1, and it turned out to have a favorable cost-utility relationship when comparing it with conventional MDI treatment.

Because as we have already commented many times in this forum, the diabetes costs shoot at complications and not for prevention.

DiabetesForo
02/18/2012 2:34 a.m.

Totally agree Owas.I am afraid to insist, get it and then not get a maximum use of it.
I know that it is not an artificial pancreas, it is not an intelligent bomb, it is you who the programs and rectify .....
It would happen to me like Tica, which I do not remember my time when I was not diabetic, also as much as the injection zone broken, I have bulbs in thighs and gut, not like the photo that you put your Owas, but of the same characteristics, plates, platesOf lipodystrophy, I already talked in a post of them (plates).

I do not know, the truth is that I am very, very hard, today I have come to eat with 348, yesterday with the same insulin, same breakfast and the same morning glucose I was with Hicm Half morning ... I can not more.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/18/2012 9:26 a.m.

Romevilla, it is possible that these ups and downs are a consequence of lipodystrophy.The bomb say that it helps (although now I appeared slightly in the gut).If you have the opportunity to try it, it is very likely that the better treatment ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/18/2012 2:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Tica, yes, I will try, we'll see how it answers me ... I don't have all with me.
Thank you.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/19/2012 4:36 a.m.

Romevila, if you do not have very crushed buttocks, it is a great area to insert the catheters, you can rest the gut ... how many Juan Luis as Angela takes them behind and works perfectly ...
Owash, Jomío, how you explain good;), Ayssss, what would we do without you: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2012 5:42 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Owash, agree with you on your explanation.

But I insist with my conclusions: the bomb is not the universal panacea.The pump currently (for better or worse) is not given to everyone just because it requests it.You have to comply with certain conditions that are in the end are too arbitrary and depends on who you have in front of the white coat.The pump requires a predisposition and an active and very trained patient.The pump requires that this consultation have specifically trained personnel (something that many centers cannot offer).The pump does not usually improve the diabetes of someone who already has well -controlled diabetes.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/20/2012 6:54 a.m.

Gondurullo, no one has said that the pump is the universal panacea, we would like, but it is the best treatment that currently exists ... It is true that in some cases it depends on the white coat, but I say that the patientYou will also have something to say, right?(In many cases it works).Of course you have to want to have the bomb, and get involved, both the professional and the patient, but in our case, both the doctors and we start at the same time, and yes, wanting to improve and take care of the situation can be achievedUse it correctly and get the most out.And finally, what does it mean to improve diabetes?Because there are many factors to take into account ... If you mean the figures ... Ufff, one can carry your diabetes with mixed insulins, we will surely have some we have lean, but at the expense of what?Well, what we all already know ... And that is to bring diabetes well?No man, there is much more ... Let's not limit ourselves more than we are already ... sometimes there is no worse blind than he does not want to see.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/20/2012 8:14 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

gondullo, nobody has said that the bomb is the universal panacea, we would already like, but it is the best treatment that currently exists ... It is true that in some cases in the endIt depends on the white coat, but I say that the patient will also have something to say, right?(In many cases it works).Of course you have to want to have the bomb, and get involved, both the professional and the patient, but in our case, both the doctors and we start at the same time, and yes, wanting to improve and take care of the situation can be achievedUse it correctly and get the most out.And finally, what does it mean to improve diabetes?Because there are many factors to take into account ... If you mean the figures ... Ufff, one can carry your diabetes with mixed insulins, we will surely have some we have lean, but at the expense of what?Well, what we all already know ... And that is to bring diabetes well?No man, there is much more ... let's not limit ourselves more than we are already ... sometimes there is no worse blind than the one who does not want to see.

Velia, for me - after the passing of the years with this shit over - good diabetes is the one that does not give problems over the years.The rest is ATZZO.
But I do not agree that the pump is the best treatment.Each one has some peculiarities that accompany him in his life, and also has a particular metabolism and all that makes multidosis therapy the best possible therapy for many people.What I do agree is that almost all of the people who pass to bomb are delighted.Because?Because they have gone to that system out of necessity, due to the inefficiency of multidosis.And who has not done well with the bomb?Well, generally to dialyst patients, little or nothing adherents to treatment, who suck everything and that either with feathers or bomb, do not do things right.And this again links me with the head of this thread.Has anyone stopped using the pump?Well, probably very few, but surely they will be people adherents to treatment or that value more other things in their life before their diabetes, which makes them inadequate for the formality and skill required by insulin bomb.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/20/2012 10:01 a.m.

Oh gondullo, if it weren't because I would respect you "for you the fat dog" ".... or" I get "what would Nati say ... or" I find it hard to understand you "... I don't feel like arguing,In the best of the senses ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/20/2012 10:10 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.