Has anyone stopped using the insulin pump ???

romevila's profile photo   02/16/2012 4:17 p.m.

Gondrullo, I just tell you first that I did not go to the bomb out of necessity, that I continue to carry my treatment very well as with feathers after 11 years and that there is a substantial difference in terms of improving my quality of life,That is why it is the best treatment that is currently for me, no doubt.I think it is for me and that is why I think it is for 99.99% of type 1 diabetics. You have said it, almost nobody wants to return it to the hospital, each will have their reasons, but the reality is that......

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/20/2012 10:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see, Gondullo, my country, just that you "click" with the bomb 2 times a week and with the bolis are about 35 times a week, already, for me, the words are left over.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/20/2012 3:32 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Don't feel attacked, please.Nothing is further from my intention.I am giving an opinion that differs diametrically from yours, nothing more.Not everyone sees the advantages of the pump in the same way.Let's say I am from the "critical current" (although it is easy to say it when I do not need, of course. If so, you would have to listen to what I think. I may change your mind).

Gondrullo, I just tell you first that I did not go to the bomb out of necessity, that I continue to carry my treatment very well as with feathers after 11 years and that there is asubstantial difference in terms of improving my quality of life, so it is the best treatment that is currently for me, no doubt.I think it is for me and that is why I think it is for 99.99% of type 1 diabetics

Prado, that is the decision you made and of which you seem happy, because now you analyze it and you are satisfied, which is great.Because it undoubtedly turns it into the best treatment for you.But each one has priorities and a way of analyzing things, and I do not agree with you in your preferences or your concept of "quality of life".For my quality of life it is clicking only 4 times a day and not depending on a machine or having it stuck as a Ramora.My feathers system makes me feel (to me, to Gondullo) more normalized, integrated and close to the rest of healthy people, even with that pair of limitations that a pump is able to deal with better.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/21/2012 10:10 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I think that little else I can contribute to this topic, saving my personal experience.

To say that I have been bomb for about three years and I improve my diabetes enormously, but I must break a spear in favor of what Gondurulo says also since it has its "disadvantages" apart from the fact that you have been on top of it (which in the end you in the endYou get used to and do not realize);Depending on where you put the catheter and where you keep the pump, the cable has tense and throws you (you place it and point but it is uncomfortable when it happens);When you go to the beach they look at you by saying but it has that stuck there and you also have to calculate the time you will be disconnected to give you a bolus and prevent hyperglycemia;If the catheter is stuck at all, you put yourself in 400;When you go through a sensitive security arc (some municipalities and most public administrations) you have to walk explanations to the guard of why you cannot release what you carry in your pocket and even teach the cable and the catheter so that you do not have 2Hours waiting with which you receive looks as if you were an alí ... and these are just some examples of various "disorders" that occur when you carry a bomb.

That said, I affirm and I reiterate that the placement of the pump has been the best that happened to my diabetes, the control is phenomenal, the hypoglycemia except for specific cases have disappeared and gives me much more independence with the food, withExercise.In short, I improved my quality of life in general, if I have to make a serious assessment, but it is clear that it also has inconvenience and deny this would be something absurd.

All the best.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
02/22/2012 6:18 a.m.

Hum ...

The problem of being "critical current" is the position you freely occupy.If diabetic associations are supposed to join forces and defend the rights of diabetics, which is not a receipt is that their representatives are "critical" with which it is currently the best treatment for insulin -dependent, without any doubt.It is as if someone appears to defend the rights of workers and is publicly critical of their demands before businessmen.Little sense I see him.

I will not come in that you personally do not like it, I suppose that due to ignorance of what it means to have in practice (in the theory I know that) an insulin bomb.What I am going to refute to you are your arguments:

1º You say that the pump only puts on bad control.It is false.Here are many cases of bombs put with good control, or in babies that did not even have previous treatment.Unfortunately, it is more frequent that there are people with bad control to which cavernario doctors insist on the bomb over and over again with the most pilgrim arguments.

2º The pump treatment improves yes or yes the good control of the diabetic: it is also false.You can have good or bad control with bomb and without it.

3º The improvements in a Ferrari would not be significant: I deduce that you do not like formula 1, or you would not say such a thing.

4th It is stupid using such a complex and expensive method when the usual injections works.I guess you can go to Bilbao from Cáceres in a 600 and on secondary roads.But, unless you are in love with the retro, it is preferable to go in a more comfortable, faster, more reliable, safer and highway car.

I could continue, but I have to make the food.I just want you to meditate well before speaking in which places, because the fact that a representative of the diabetics of your region despises the pump treatment that way can give arguments to those who, for economic reasons, or for interests outside theThe quality of life of diabetics, are found in their favor.It is possible that this is one of the reasons (naturally not the only one) that in the Basque Country the bombs with droppers are put and only in extreme cases.

Finally, if the only argument were the one that the pump improves the control yes or yes, it would already be a weight of weight to put it without obstacles, because looking in the long term, the savings in complications will make it profitable above expensive.

And I would like to know, out of curiosity, what advantages you think has the treatment with multiple injections against bomb treatment and, to put it in some way, what the treatment of the bomb, which we are we are missing something.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/22/2012 7:17 a.m.

Greetings to everyone.

For me the bomb has been fantastic, when they sent it to me I was thinking a month that if I put it on it or not, I am half gross for the use of new technologies and it seemed to me that I would not be able to understand the handling, I decidedFinally to use it and tell them that if they give me to choose between my husband and the bomb ... I keep my bomb :)) :)) :)) (That is pure joke).My last glycosylated hemo was 6.0 I have been with her 6 months and I am delighted, after so many long years of clicking on ... it's how if I had taken the lottery.: D

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/22/2012 9:35 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Hello;

I am diabetics from 8 years old and I have 36 that is to say with this 28 years.I am a disciplined patient, I do not spend the glycemia 20 times a day and when I started, I punctured me with syringe that my parents had to pay 35 pesetas for each one, the glucometers did not exist, only the blood glucose strips, theInsulin was pork, then human insulin arrived, then glycometers, bombs etc.
The bomb is an advance but if you are not disciplined it doesn't matter the bomb that you carry if you do not look glycemia many times and do diet and exercise the pump does not make miracles because it does not think about you and does not know if the basal of today is going to you todayArriving or is going to over46 kg, I am variable and with the pen sometimes they gave me up to 4 daily hypoglycemia, especially when the menstruation had to come.I am a bomb carrier since April and the pump is fine because you can correct you so many times, do not give you so many hypoglycemia when you correct yourself and if you spend you stop the pump and that's it, which you had previously spent the day eating to compensate, now as less than before because the resopon of the night I no longer do it and for me eating so many times it is wrong more times with the bowling, because you eat one day the same sometimes you are missing or you are left over.My glys are the same with a bomb that without it so those who said that the pump is wonderYears everything is easier because you have reservations and from the age of 15 there are no reservations and the control is more complicated and in women it is more complicated when mature and the rule comes, when you are a mother, we have it more complicated than men than men.
Since debuting I have had gly the first years of 6.5-7% effortlessly and now 7.4% with more effort on my part.With bomb since April 7.6% the last one and I think it is because I no longer have so many hypos PQ but I do not understand.
I do not consider myself an expert but I have been experienced with the bolis and injections for many years and the truth is that they have not hurt me if there were half -unit bolis, I would not carry a bomb.I also think that some breaks are going well in summer when the bomb is more visible and so you rest a little and I do not carry the PQ pump I consider that anyone cares if I am diabetic or not and I think it is quite an arthter with theswimsuit or bikini.
Diabetica since 1983. Gllicadas 7.2% on average and without complications at least for the moment.

My sister TB is Diabetica typei since the age of 11.Lantus and Lispro and has 6.8% gyzed and without complications
It is a personal reflection.Each one who understands what he wants.

yaiza's profile photo
yaiza
02/23/2012 8:30 a.m.

Okay, we have already seen or not pros and cons.
Yaiza, I have been 5 years old for 5 years, that is 33 years.However, if you are not well with the bomb, return it to the hospital because there are more than 100 to the desire to put it on.
A question, used thiomucase for the "bulges" produced by the many injections that we put on?It seems that nobody has that common problem in insulin -dependent diabetics .... You will tell me how you solved that ugly problem above all in summer, there is no week that you do not have a bruise, at least me ... and everyoneask.
My glycosilada in December was 7.4, we will see how it is now.It does not seem quite bad, but it could be improved and much and I tell you that there are days that I have up to 4 hypoglycemia with its consequent subidon.
If these problems are solved by the bomb, I am satisfied, to see if someone returns it to my hospital and give it to me.
A kiss to everyone.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/23/2012 11:09 a.m.

Nana, I ask you how your thighs and gut, etc.I thought they left us aside ... and, we know as much Yaiza, as you, as me as this disease without bowling, without glucometers, with swine insulin, pregnancy, blah blah blah.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/23/2012 11:15 a.m.

The problem of being "critical current" is the position you freely occupy.If diabetic associations are supposed to join forces and defend the rights of diabetics, which is not a receipt is that their representatives are "critical" with which it is currently the best treatment for insulin -dependent, without any doubt.It is as if someone appears to defend the rights of workers and is publicly critical of their demands before businessmen.Little sense I see him.

I disagree.I have not read or officially hear any organism that says that the pump is the best treatment method for type 1 diabetes. I have not heard it because saying is an audacity.As I said above, each person is very different and can only be generalized a bit, but not giving more range.The pump is a good system.And it has advantages that the pen does not have.And here I can read, as Mayra would say.

1st say that the pump is only put when there is bad control.It is false.Here there are many cases of bombs put with good control, or in babies that did not even have prior treatment

I do not deny it.But I have talked about the "official" point of view, of the guidelines that are handled to prescribe a bomb.And when a patient has good control, because he is not put.What still is put?it can be for many reasons;That he has convinced the doctor, to be his friend, that his work justifies him, that he has asymptomatic hypos, etc.

3rd Improvements in a Ferrari would not be significant: I deduce that you do not like formula 1, or you would not say such a thing.

I have not had to explain well.He spoke in previous messages that the majority of patients who are put on the pump would improve their diabetes.Because?Because generally, they start from a previous situation not too good.And it usually happens that -Logically- the figures improve when putting the pump.And then I wondered what happens when you put the bomb to someone with good control.And I commented that I think I have read somewhere on a study of implementation of bombs to people with good control and the results were that there was no important improvement.And that is when he said the analogy that if you wantengine as powerful as that of a Ferrari.The analogy is not good?Well, let's forget it.

4th It is stupidity to use such a complex and expensive method when the usual injections works

I have not said that.There are many people who the bomb is an important improvement in their diabetes.And you also have to demand more.I have asked my Health Minister here in Euskadi.That does not conform something on a personal level does not mean that I eliminate it from my catalog of claims as a representative of the people with diabetes I represent.Imagine that politicians do that at work.We would be good.Returning to the subject of this point that I brings together, I recognize that not all are pump candidates.Neither for its characteristics as a person, nor for their diabetes, nor for its type of life, nor for other causes.

In no case and at no time have I offended anyone in particular, or people with a bomb in general.I have given my personal opinion of why someone may wantThat shows that you are delighted with the bomb.It seems great, but I have not criticized you.I just give my opinion.Can't?I personally don't like them.And I wouldn't put it on me (they offered it to me when I was an era with bad controls, but I said no).

As for no more bombs here, because I don't know.But in no post of this thread I have given rise to anyone can use anything against our more pump requests for those who need them.We are discussing the pumps, on their use, who needs them more, about their advantages and disadvantages (for them).What's wrong with it?I insist.My opinion is different from yours, and is as valid as yours.But I do not speak on the name of anyone, and also repeatedly I make it clear.

And I would like to know, out of curiosity, what advantages do you think has the treatment with multiple injections against pump treatment and, so to speak, in which in which that treatment is assumed to theFrom the bomb, which we are missing something.

Well, I insist once again (and it is not the first time neither the second nor the third that I say).Diabetes has a series of conditions that affect each one very personal.And as you know, we don't mean the same.If you ask 100 people type 1 what is the worst of diabetes, you will get a very varied catalog of answers.And for that reason, if you ask "what do you like the most, the pump or the pen and why," you will also get a repertoire of advantages and disadvantages of both systems.And I am one of those who today thinks that I like the pen more than the pump.What can I say because I don't have a bad control of diabetes?Yes, too.But the fact is that I think so.And I insist, which does not mean to defend the bombs where you have to defend them, before the public administration.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/23/2012 11:15 a.m.

As I have written back (I think:-/), there are still people who, incredible to seem, continue to use the jyrings and vials against the feathers.
So preferring feathers to the pump either is it so strange ... although Gondurulo is;) :))

It is perfectly valid that someone does not want a pot stuck to the body ... just as anyone wants to prick insulin 8 times a day or get 7 glycemia every day.
Everything is a matter of each one.

In my particular case, the bomb has fought me of 8 punctures/day ... and only with that I already comforted myself, because I was already a problem, I affected me to glycemic control, to the motivation to continue controlling me and my daily life.
But it has not solved my problem with diabetes: carry it in the head 24 hours a day and take it into account for almost all the activities I do.

My summary of all this debate is that there is 1 main problem:
- The current legal criteria to put a bomb make things in practice nothing clear for almost anyone, that depend on the will of the endocrine exclusively and the economic state of each hospital/autonomous community (or the will to spend themoney in this, of course).

In addition, our position as patients is insignificant because in ambiguous and generic legal terms we have to lose before administrative burocracy.
Perhaps, the path of Fede on this topic of the ISCI could begin there, by the legal definition and to introduce the patient's decision as another element at the time of the bomb grant.

Although in my opinion, much more important is to demand a true diabetological education through professionals properly trained.
But this is a long and important slope that we best leave for another thread.

DiabetesForo
02/23/2012 1:03 p.m.

nana, I ask you how you kept your thighs and gut, etc .... pleasure to hear that after so many years of evolution you have it.I thought they left us aside ... and, we know both Yaiza, as you, as me as this disease without bolis, without glucometers, with swine insulin, pregnancy, blah blah blah.

Well, with telling you that when I took my needle, an insulin splash came out.I was all bored, and with the bruises for my belly :)) When they sent me last year the lantus and the apidra, I get little crazy with so many punctures, with the help of many here I achieved little to stay quite stable without so manyUploads or descents, Regina, Prado, TNT, Velia, consu with his insistence that I had to eat hydrates;) (I did not eat them for reluct and partly because I had to click more) Owash, Gondrullo and ... if I escape any@: Oops: Everyone gave me tremendous encouragement and taught me a lot.Grateful to everyone.

Romelia, the educator of mine and the endo told me that the change was to be able to put on the bomb, (they took pity on this poor diabetic of so many years) :) and the insurance approved it, what things are, they approve of the bombAnd they didn't approve the feathers.I live in the United States.Hopefully, be lucky and you can have one.

Greetings to everyone.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/23/2012 7:11 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

In the thread of your last comments, I think that the problem regarding the success of a treatment such as the pump is also given by the expectations that the patient has, if he puts all hopes of improvement in the pump, he will suffer a great disappointment.Something so obvious as the bomb does not work alone, I have learned that it has to be the first sentence to say when a father asks me about the bomb, especially those who have recently debuted.Unfortunately there is no technology, or insulin, nor aleole juice, which makes the glycemia values ​​between 80 and 150. Having that very clearly, you can start choosing the treatment that best bestGo to each one, taking into account our personal preferences not only the clinic.
This also serves for the continuous glucose meter, Gondrullo;).

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/24/2012 4:31 a.m.

UF, I had written a very long post and has been dematerialized :?It will be a subliminal message that I must be brief :))

Gondrullo, I just want to say one thing, to summarize.If those 100 people you talk about are all bomb carriers (or have been) then the result will be credible, because only those who use or have used bomb can weigh the two treatments.Those who do not use it, some will want to use it and others will fear like myself before Celia were put) that the bomb is involved such as having something embedded there all the time.

My daughter was almost a day without a bomb.There was no problem because he put insulin with a boli, but he said: "Jo, mom, I no longer remembered how pain it was about the bolis: put needle, purge, pine, take away needle; now I'm going to take a little more than expected, hala to click again ... "

And of course it facilitates a better control than the bolis.As disciplined as you are, the basal insulin needs are different according to the schedule sections and that is practically impossible to adjust with a slow basal.

Anyway, it seems very respectable that some do not want bomb.There will even be those who want it and are not trained, due to lack of diabetological education or personal involvement, to use it.But what seems wrong to me is that there are those who want it, I can take advantage of it and suppose an improvement in their quality of life, and I cannot use it because some "cavernary" does not want.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/24/2012 6:06 a.m.

My daughter recently was almost a bomb.There was no problem because he put insulin with a boli, but he said: "Jo, mom, I no longer remembered how pain it was about the bolis: put needle, purge, pine, take away needle; now I'm going to take a little more than expected, hala to click again ... "

Indeed, who has not used it cannot value it in that aspect;You cannot see how in many cases your priorities and prejudices change regarding it.But for better or worse, things cannot be proven before having them, and with a comparison in the hand of pros and cons, I am staying with the feathers, still recognizing (which I do without any doubt)that the pumps have enormous advantages over the pen in certain aspects (but also their inconveniences).

and of course it facilitates a better control than the bolis.As disciplined as you are, the basal insulin needs are different according to the schedule sections and that is practically impossible to adjust with a slow basal.

totally agree.I have already commented that above.It is one of the advantages of the pump.

In short, it seems very respectable that some do not want bomb.There will even be those who want it and are not trained, due to lack of diabetological education or personal involvement, to use it.But what seems to me frankly is that there are those who want it, I can take advantage of it and suppose an improvement in their quality of life, and I cannot use it because some "cavernary" does not want.

totally agree.I have asked the Minister of Health more bombs, because the number of units implanted in Euskadi is ridiculous.And that is for a damn reason;The prescribers have not wanted to put them, either because they do not have staff to train the patient and to follow up on that device, or because they have no idea that he can improve certain types of diabetes, because he does not feel like doing the paperwork requesting authorization...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/24/2012 8:38 a.m.

As I have written further (I think:-/), there are still people who, incredible to seem, continue to use the gerringillas and roads against the feathers.
So preferring feathers to the pump is not so strange either ... although Gondrullo is;) :))

I am.They have always told me at home that it was a rare.And I believed it at the end.:)) :)) :))

It is perfectly valid for someone not to want a pot attached to the body ... just as anyone wants to prick insulin 8 times a day or get 7 glycemia every day.It is all a matter of each one.

That is indeed, one of the reasons that a brake involves in many cases for the pump.It is not the only one, but it is there and is impeccable, no matter how much we get used to everything.For me it is certainly an important brake, although not the most important.

But has not solved my problem with diabetes: take it in the head 24 hours a day and take it into account for almost all the activities I do.

That's how it is.Unfortunately to you and for all of us, there is currently nothing that supposes that we can forget the fucking diabetes.It is a disease that with bomb, feathers, syringes or whatever, we cannot forget it and we must take it into account at every step we take.

My summary of all this debate is that there is 1 main problem:
- The current legal criteria to put a bomb make things in practice there are nothing clear to almost anyone, that depend on the will of the endocrine exclusively and the economic state of each hospital/autonomous community (or the will to spend the monies on this, of course).

Totally agree, especially in the bold.It's sad but it's "Asinnn."

Although in my opinion, much more important is to demand a true diabetological education through properly trained professionals

Indeed, rather than liating bombs, which is a very specific medical solution that only benefits a few diabetics (only type 1, and within them, a small percentage of adequate people, either because of their diabetes, byWill, etc), I believe that the most important thing today is diabetological education, which currently a very high percentage of type 2 diabetics have never had education about their disease, which is unfortunate.If we manage to universalize diabetological education, those people (which are 90% of the total diabetics) will improve their involvement with the disease, will acquire awareness of having diabetes (which they do not have now), and will take an active part in the control of it,reducing yes or yes the complications and those black percentages of complications that always appear every time we talk about diabetes, and that are almost exclusively caused by type 2.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/24/2012 8:48 a.m.

… This also serves for the continuous glucose meter, Gondrullo;).

totally true.A continuous sensor alone serves only to overwhelm the patient based on causing a data drunkensensor.And that anyone cannot do it.

In the same way that at least here in Euskadi they are no longer given to type 2 because mostly, they do not know how to interpret it or act once they have seen that value.I understand that approach, although I do not agree with denying by system and decree, the strips to all type 2. The delivery and use of reactive strips must always be something medical-patient and personalized consensual.The restriction decrees of strips that have been put into practice for a long time are an error and a bad anti-crisis decision that can take its toll on diabetics in the future.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/24/2012 8:52 a.m.

As I started the thread, I will try to finish it.
For a diabetic to carry a pump it is necessary:

1-That the diabetic wants
2-That the endocrine wants
3-That the hospital or the community in which he lives wants or can ....

Point, if any res of beef that say in Valencia.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/24/2012 10:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.