Levemir and bomb

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/02/2012 6:28 p.m.

Hello.I have already had the paradigm for a month and I have had 3 ketosis that I have been able to catch day and I have arranged in a short time.I wanted to ask you if anyone has tried the idea that it occurred to me to interspersneed more.

The idea is to have some insulin so as not to get up with a horse ketosis.I have a panic not to wake up from her if she gives me.

Thanks for the comments that I appreciate in advance.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/02/2012 6:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.

To me that you propose to use a basal insulin on the one hand and the pump on the other seems to me an important contradiction ... or you are with multiple injections or you are insulin pump.
The pump perfectly does the two functions of basal and bowling (food and correctors) "only" must be programmed.

Even with your approach to use a basal insulin (in addition to insulin pump) the pump you have to program it equally for a "basal only with the increase in dose for the period of the ALBA effect ...", if the pump you haveWhat to program yes or yes correctly, define all the basal sections that you need correctly.

If you have a dawn or very marked ALBA phenomenon you will have to divide the night into several sections (minimum 2 sections) and the section of when the dawn will approach you will need more insulin.

Having ketone bodies is not because of insulin pump treatment cannot with them and a basal insulin is needed in addition to the pump, no, if they have ketone bodies, there is an insulin deficit.

You have been with the bomb for a short time, you may not have well scheduled the basal, ask for an appointment with the educator and put on the subject.

There is no need to complicate things more than the account and I personally believe that what you propose is to complicate things.

DiabetesForo
03/02/2012 6:57 p.m.

I don't understand why you're going to use a pump.It will not be better for you to program the basal ????Go programming by sections, for example the night, then the mornings and then the afternoons.You have been with the pump for very little and it takes time to schedule the basal, but it makes no sense to use a basal as a levem using the pump.

DiabetesForo
03/02/2012 6:58 p.m.

It seems to me that what Agua wants to raise102 is that due to cats of the Cater or by carrying badly inserted the needle has suffered those episodes of ketosis.Two also happened to me when I started with the bomb and I understand your fear perfectly.The second I thought it gave me something ... It was one of the worst moments with diabetes (but the worst)
Always change the catheter for the day and do not forget the analysis at two hours see if everything is going well. What bomb you wear?I started with the ACCU-Chek without the device to put the needles and quite failed.
Before mixing and bomb ask the endocrine :)

tica's profile photo
tica
03/03/2012 4:49 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

But the solution to that ketosis is not to add up to pump treatment.The changes take their time, we all know them and manage to schedule the appropriate basal for each one is the most complicated of the bomb, it can take a long time.
As Tica tells you, ask your endocrine or nurse any change, they are the ones that should help you program everything.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2012 5:35 a.m.

Indeed I have had problems with the catheter once with the bent cannula and another is not known.In another post there was talk of the pulls that apparently do nothing, but move and interfere with the effective insulin administration.The question is that this problem occurs within the dream, and that the dream leads to severe ketosis without getting to see hyperglycemia.I remember having 400 hyperglycemia with the pen from which I was not able to wake up (and had no ketosis), but if it were with a 5 or 6 hour ketosis without insulin.

My night basal is well regulated with more doses from 4 in the morning to avoid the alba effect.I do not want to let's regulate my blood glucose level but not to have ketosis in an intentive and severe way.

If, by saying something, I put 1ud/ basal time for 8 hours of sleep, the idea is to put me for example 4 unleaded and 0.50 units/ hour, logically this would be corrected depending on the results with the continuous monitor.

If I was very afraid before insulin overdose (that's what I have seen that I don't happen) ... now fear is due to lack of insulin that this has given me problems now.

I open another post about Canulas that I think there is no to talk about them, in case the forum can be useful.

Thank you,

Thanks for the contributions

DiabetesForo
03/03/2012 7:30 a.m.

According to your signature, you have type 1 diabetes for 23 years and I imagine that you have been all that time with multiple injections treatment (with different insulins over the years but always with multiple injections) and now you are in a time of changeA Insulin pump treatment.

To some extent it is normal that in a time of changes if things do not "well" to the first we consider to return to the above (whatever the above) or make a mixture, but one thing is to have those thoughts (whichIt is something that can understand anyone who has made changes and more in diabetes issues) and another is that this is correct.

Perhaps the people who are intervening are being very "diplomatic" and perhaps it is necessary not to be so "diplomats" so that things are better understood: what you propose is a burial, no one who is with insulin bomb uses a basal insulin in addition tothe bomb and in the remote case that there is someone who does that person have no idea of ​​the subject.

As in every time of changes there are always things like doubts and fears, things that you will have to be overcome little by little.In the most extreme case that you do not exceed those doubts and fears you can always return to the previous treatment but I tell you that if you continue with the insulin bomb over time when you remember this doubt you will realize what you raised and you will laugh.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2012 3:34 p.m.

In what bases the "fog": in an excessive overlap of insulins?The doses I propose is orientative you could be at 50/50 or 10/90 I don't care.I have been by overlapping Novorapid and Levemir many years, obviously the change is the mode of absorption: a continuous infusion of novorapid in the bomb in front of the time of the novorapid in pen in the old treatment.

It is not about overlapping pump and pen treatments because yes, it is about guaranteeing some insulin in the body, in case of infusion failure (I see that fails).
I asked this question to my endocrine and also gave me a little reasoned answer ... "He is not interested."If a small dose makes me have a height half of serious welcome is the night puncture of Levemir in my opinion.

It is clear that I am not going to leave the bomb in any case, I try to minimize the "little" inconveniences.And that the adaptation period is not the subject, I am already adequate and with very suitable profiles and after many problems, which I do not rule out, they reproduce of course, I only speak of a latent problem: an infusion accident, andDo not have a real -time sensor during the night or even coincide in failure.

I would appreciate some argument against the idea, it seems that the scenario that I anticipate: a serious nightlife cetosis, is almost impossible, so maybe nothing can be raised.

Finally, I clarify that the insulin lets them in my case and in the doses that I use has a duration of 8 to 12 hours (I would personally consider a barbarity to do something like that if it were using a 24h lantus for the unpredictable of the overlapping of effects).And if there is any more mistake, the treatment is a bomb with novorapid and a unique punction of low dosing pen before sleeping.

I would be satisfied to hear if someone experiences any severe nightlife, and secondly if someone took any measure to avoid it.

Thank you so much.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2012 4:08 p.m.

is that what you propose is not so simple.

Before the bomb, I was carrying Levemir+Novorapid.
With the pump I have reduced almost 40% basal units

Like you, I've been with the pump ... I remember the day of the first connection;I was let's let up in the morning (7 tomorrow), the bombs of the pump (not yet adjusted) to 0% to night, from 22 hours of that day I put on the basal of the pump (I insist, not yet adjusted) 50%.
That day, I did not go from 100 throughout the day or all night ... Levemir lasted me much more than I thought.:-/

That is why I believe that what you propose is not simple, because if you introduce Levemir you will have to reformulate all the basal that you already have adjusted ... and only with the aim ofEliminating a possible error, which is not going to happen or the probability that happens is low.

I imagine that when you talk about ketosis, you mean you check it with the corresponding measurement with the opium exceed (blood acetone strips) and it is positive ... because we have 300 peaks we have almost all of us who have pumps for the causes for the causesWhat do you comment (obstructed catheter ... etc), but the solution goes through changing the system every 3 days, always doing so by day, before a main meal and monitoring at 2-3 hours ... there is no more solution.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2012 4:41 p.m.

When you start this thread (not only for the title but for the things you comment at his beginning) it seems that you doubt about the ability of an insulin bomb to meet the basal needs of a person and from that point of view the answersWhat do you receive go first in the direction contrary to that:

The pump perfectly does the two functions of basal and bowling (food and correctors) "only" must be programmed.
>
Do not hesitate to doubt this is to doubt the things in favor of using an insulin bomb (to define all the basal sections that love each other, to be able to have special profiles for special days or events (Example: Profile to do), to be able to put a % of the "normal" profile for special situations (example: put only 10 % of the basal for 30 minutes due to hypoglycemia or similar situation), ... etc).

If you arrive and ask for using a slow insulin or a basal insulin _Además _ to use the pump you are questioning precisely one of the benefits of using a pump and if you are doubting the benefits, turn off and let's go, I mean, that is little less to say "I do not trust its ability to cover my basal needs" and that is already sufficient reason to stop using pump treatment.

Another point of view of the answers you receive is about "profitable investment":

if the pump you have to program yes or do program it correctly, define all the basal sections that you need correctly.>
Doing what you say does not give you less work, quite the opposite (calculation of injection dose + recalculate the basal bombs that overlap with injection), it gives you more work without improving the treatment of PQ diabetes even if you will calculate itAll good (which would already be milk ...) that does not improve what the pump can do by itself.

Continuing with this point of view ...
Multiples injections treatment forces you to dedicate several moments a day to "think about diabetes": moments to monitor, moments for injections, moments when you are not well (hypos, hypers), moments ...
Insulin pump treatment forces you to dedicate several moments a day to "think about diabetes": moments to monitor, moments to put bowling (food or correctors), moments when you are not well (hypos, hypers), moments momentsTo take a look from time to time to the reservoir/cateter/cannula for bubble training/adhesive training issues or similar, moments ...

On average someone who has a bomb will dedicate more moments to "think of diabetes" (although it is done automatically and the person does not mind doing that "effort") but you seem to take that even further, further,To dedicate all the moments of someone who carries a bomb and "eats the head" with things like: calculating the dose of that injection of Levemir, recalculate the basal that overlap with the injection, time of injection, extra timeHave to enter the pump menu to put the profile of such ... and all those extra moments to "think about diabetes" so as not to improve a function that can do the pump alone.

Between dry pump treatment and treatment with multiple injections, well, on average you will think more about diabetes but this "effort" is usually profitable, between dried bomb treatment and what you propose (pump + injections) there are noSuch profitability.

If a treatment of a disease forces me to have to think more times in that disease to me thatTreatment is taking away quality of life (it is a personal opinion, I do not try to start here any type of debate) and what you propose seems to me a nonsense for several reasons, one of those reasons is this to have to think more times about this disease.

But the thread is advancing and the thing is deriving towards a "superior problem" to what is commented:

It is not about overlapping pump and pen treatments because if, it is about guaranteeing some insulin in the body, in case of infusion failure ( Q I see Q Falla ).

You do not directly do the infusion system as such and that is something that is above you to trust whether it performs a function either or whether or not it is profitable treatment ... there are people who reject pump treatment for "being connected toA machine "and what you are commenting is a variant of that:" I am connected to a machine and I do not trust that machine. "
Your fears to the appearance of ketone bodies seem more related to this (questioning the reliability of the infusion system) because for your safety, for your tranquility, to be able to sleep peacefully or overcome this fear or directly asks to return to the previous treatment.

As in every time of changes there are always things like doubts and fears, things that you will have to be overcome little by little.In the most extreme case that you do not exceed those doubts and fears you can always return to the previous treatment but I tell you that if you continue with the insulin bomb over time when you remember this doubt you will realize what you raised and you will take some somelaughs.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2012 7:42 p.m.

Water you know how many hours you have to be without any insulin to lose knowledge due to hyperglycemia ?????Many hours, many and you also know that one of the conditions to take pump is that we have to measure at least 6 times a day, before and after meals.Of course I am more scared of a hypoglycemia than a hyper, I entered the diagnosis with a glycemia of 1000 and totally conscious:-/, the most I have arrived with bomb, because of a catheter problem it went to 400, it happened to meOnce and I solved it without problem.
I understand that with the little time you have been with a bomb, you have many doubts and some distrust, little by little you will trust, I assure you, you will see that the pump is very reliable.As Owash tells you, change the catheter always in the morning or at noon and wipe the glucose frequently.The catheter failures are not as usual as you think.
And if you keep distrustful over time it return to the feathers, but do not try something that is practically incompatible and that the only thing that will cause, in my opinion, is an absolute lack of control.

DiabetesForo
03/04/2012 5:20 a.m.

What water raises is very simple (in theory) to create a basal insulin of prolonged action (Lantus-Levemir) so that before possible catheter failures, accidental disconnections, insulin calculation failures, etc.Do not rise to 1000 and with another 1000 of ketone bodies.It is about eliminating (once again in theory) one of the inconveniences of insulin pump treatment, fast insulin only lasts 2-3 hours, from there you go "to hair" and quickly glymia through the clouds with their bodiesketoneWhat in the theory seems like a fantastic idea, I believe that putting it into practice should be very complicated and risky, insulin circulating through the body that you cannot quantify and another entering through the catheter, I do not see it, how did you think to do it?Are you going to measure every hour?.
If you want to find practical cases, put on Google "Untethered Pump".If you finally do it, tell us, although in principle it seems a kamikaze therapy, who knows ...

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/04/2012 6:48 a.m.

When you start this thread (not only because of the title but for the things you comment at the beginning of it) it seems that you doubt about the ability of an insulin bomb to cover theBasal needs of a person and from that point of view the answers you receive first in the direction contrary to that:
>
Do not hesitate to doubt this is to doubt the things in favor of using an insulin bomb (to define all the basal sections that love each other, to be able to have special profiles for special days or events (Example: Profile to do), to be able to put a % of the "normal" profile for special situations (example: put only 10 % of the basal for 30 minutes due to hypoglycemia or similar situation), ... etc).

If you arrive and ask for using a slow insulin or a basal insulin _Además _ to use the pump you are questioning precisely one of the benefits of using a pump and if you are doubting the benefits, turn off and let's go, I mean, that is little less to say "I do not trust its ability to cover my basal needs" and that is already sufficient reason to stop using pump treatment.

Another point of view of the answers you receive is about "profitable investment":

if the pump you have to program yes or do program it correctly, define all the basal sections that you need correctly.>
Doing what you say does not give you less work, quite the opposite (calculation of injection dose + recalculate the basal bombs that overlap with injection), it gives you more work without improving the treatment of PQ diabetes even if you will calculate itAll good (which would already be milk ...) that does not improve what the pump can do by itself.

Continuing with this point of view ...
Multiples injections treatment forces you to dedicate several moments a day to "think about diabetes": moments to monitor, moments for injections, moments when you are not well (hypos, hypers), moments ...
Insulin pump treatment forces you to dedicate several moments a day to "think about diabetes": moments to monitor, moments to put bowling (food or correctors), moments when you are not well (hypos, hypers), moments momentsTo take a look from time to time to the reservoir/cateter/cannula for bubble training/adhesive training issues or similar, moments ...

On average someone who has a bomb will dedicate more moments to "think of diabetes" (although it is done automatically and the person does not mind doing that "effort") but you seem to take that even further, further,To dedicate all the moments of someone who carries a bomb and "eats the head" with things like: calculating the dose of that injection of Levemir, recalculate the basal that overlap with the injection, time of injection, extra timeHave to enter the pump menu to put the profile of such ... and all those extra moments to "think about diabetes" so as not to improve a function that can do the pump alone.

Between dry pump treatment and treatment with multiple injections, well, on average you will think more about diabetes but this "effort" is usually profitable, between dried bomb treatment and what you propose (pump + injections) there are noSuch profitability.

If a disease treatment forces me to have to think more times aboutThat disease that treatment is taking away quality of life (it is a personal opinion, I do not try to start here any type of debate) and what you propose seems to me a nonsense for several reasons, one of those reasons is this to have to thinkMore times in this disease.

But the thread is advancing and the thing is deriving towards a "superior problem" to what is commented:

It is not about overlapping pump and pen treatments because if, it is about guaranteeing some insulin in the body, in case of infusion failure ( Q I see Q Falla ).

You do not directly do the infusion system as such and that is something that is above you to trust whether it performs a function either or whether or not it is profitable treatment ... there are people who reject pump treatment for "being connected toA machine "and what you are commenting is a variant of that:" I am connected to a machine and I do not trust that machine. "
Your fears to the appearance of ketone bodies seem more related to this (questioning the reliability of the infusion system) because for your safety, for your tranquility, to be able to sleep peacefully or overcome this fear or directly asks to return to the previous treatment.

As in every time of changes there are always things like doubts and fears, things that you will have to be overcome little by little.In the most extreme case that you do not exceed those doubts and fears you can always return to the previous treatment but I tell you that if you continue with the insulin bomb over time when you remember this doubt you will realize what you raised and you will take some somelaughs

Well, I understood the first, I suppose that it is what has lived a similar experience.It happened to me at night, I got up at 500 with many vomiting pomestic and the ketone bodies to the maximum (the urine test gave purple, the maximum and similar blood).I could hardly stay awake and I had to call my mother who will help me solve the situation.And it is really wrong.
And what raises me does not seem "a great fog" seems very complicated to regulate, but I do not think that looking for solutions to problems must be described as "buried."He has not even tried it, he has simply asked and if we attack the people of the forum when he asked questions, this forum loses all the meaning.
Water 102, give a little more time to the pump that you will see how you are taking the truquillo.

tica's profile photo
tica
03/04/2012 4:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

If someone considers that in this thread there have been attacks I think that whoever thinks that should read the whole thread calmly.

And about understanding or not understanding:

To some extent it is normal that in a time of changes if things do not go "well" to the first we consider to return to the above (whatever the above) orMix, but one thing is to have those thoughts (which is something that can understand anyone who has made changes and more in diabetes issues) and another is that this is correct.

DiabetesForo
03/04/2012 4:15 p.m.

The truth is that qualifying (disqualifying I would say to call my proposal that offended me, but I have tried not to contaminate the thread with this to be able to benefit us all, as if it has been at least for me, until now.

I think that trying to give me dogmatical arguments does not go with me.My idea has been understood and I have been given experience and information in the last posts.

Of course I will try in minimal doses and tell my experience and go to the Anglophones forums with Mornita's suggestion (my most sincere thanks).
I don't have the body for any serious ketosis if it can be said.I have reached the bomb already touched, to go through emergencies if I can avoid it.

Levemir's absorption is not at all linear (in my case) and the more dose there is no more hypoglycemia especially at night (its technical sheet says more doses plus duration no more effect at least not to consider it as a priority), where the olderNumber of hypoglycemia (nocturnal) "rapid (or serious)" have been due to rapid overdose in bolus to cover hyperglycemia before sleeping.

Thank you very much to those who collaborated positively or not.And for my part it is open to the one who wants to contribute some experience in Untethered Pump, a new topic for me.greetings.

example:

DiabetesForo
03/05/2012 4:53 a.m.

Angela's old endocrine uses that guideline for some children who are going to camps or beach ... They put the lesson during the day and disconnect the bomb until the night, putting the bolus with bolis ... but I think that is notThe subject, right?
I also believe that having the bomb you have to try to get the most possible ... Have you contacted Medtronic?They can give you a solution ... I approve and I already answered the post of the catheters ... It happened to us once that all the 6 mm catheters were folded ... it was a horrible streak, and above vacation... When we contacted the house, he offered the oblique 13 mm ... Angela continues to use them and they are going to fable.It also hurts to insert them, I imme that the others, I mean, some do not note them and others bother him something else.You could try ... that and the other recommendations that have given you the day catheter in addition to getting up at midnight to measure you until you take confidence and see that everything works correctly.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/05/2012 4:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Water If you try with Levemir tell us how you are doing, the experience of others is always very valuable, we all know it;) And not everyone works equally.

DiabetesForo
03/05/2012 5:38 a.m.

The truth is that qualifying (disqualifying I would call my proposal fog) without arguments I offended me (...)

If you had received arguments before the situation you comment on, you had received the arguments "I did not improve one of the functions of the bomb", "what you propose gives more work" and "if you have to touch the programming of the bomb equally, program thecorrectly".

I commented on those arguments before the situation that you have (upward scroll bar and can be read) what came later was a expansion of those arguments, what was extra is the end, it progressesThe thread and every time it becomes clearer than what you propose (bomb + basal insulin injection) is because you question the reliability of the infusion system as such: "I am connected to a machine and I do not trust that machine", about the latter I can say little.

The majority of people who have intervened in this thread have given you contrary opinions to apply what you comment (bomb + basal insulin injection) and if you look a little a little most of the people who have intervened so far that or have a bomb orThey handle bombs (treatments closer to what you say) do not apply anything that looks like what you comment (or go to know ... maybe they do and lie in what they put in their forum signatures ...) evenIf you read the entire @Mornita post, in addition to aiming where to look for something that looks like what you comment, it also gives an opinion contrary to the possible application of that (we must not only stay with the part that "we like").

Not by finding a reference to something makes that something automatically become "good", as an example I can say that it is easy to find in forums from other countries references about things such as unfolding treatment with Lantus insulin (applying it in two punctures a day a day) But that those references exist and that there are some people who do it do not automatically convert that into that.

But beyond the opinions you can read in a forum, your endocrine (which is the person you should ultimately pay attention) has given you a opposite opinion to apply what you say and if you think that you have given you an answerBlighter, little convincing or unreasonable I think you should demand a more elaborate response since he is the person who takes you, among other things because you comment that you are going to do goes against your recommendation.

And finally ... you refer to the fact that there have been interventions that have been positive and others not, in general all the interventions that have been positive, one thing is to have the same opinion or not on a topic and another very differentIt is that these opinions are positive.

DiabetesForo
03/05/2012 7:20 p.m.

Looking for information on "Untethered Pump" by curiosity PQ for me is a totally new topic, of what I have encountered (mostly in English) I would highlight:

About the motivation to apply it:

• Main motivation that people comment is to make long -term bomb disconnections to do things like: sport (I imagine contact sports), to be able to swim (pool, beach, river ...), forBeing able to dive ... and also comment on other things among which is being able to avoid ketoacidosis but I have not seen that this is the most important motivation (I have not traveled all the pages and all the Internet forums in the bone world that may be that there may bebeen bad luck for me).
  • About the type of insulins used:

• As for the number are 2 insulins: a basal insulin and the rapid action analogThat mostly if this of Untethered is used, the basal lantus insulin is used, the few places where it is documented or where they simply explain how to apply the issue of Untethered Pump only talk about Lantus (I have not traveled all the pages and all the forums and all the forumsfrom the internet of the bone world that may have been bad luck for me).

• I highlight because I was the one I qualified to this whole matter as a buried without going into many details (I could edit the posts and make that disappear but I think nothing happens because that is there) but @water102, you described it as barbarityIf this was done using basal lantus insulin (and nobody felt offended by it) I mean that it is a technical draw regarding the theme of qualifiers.
  • On the used doses:

• Person who has coined the term "Untethered", Steve Edelman, uses this guideline (at the end of the post I will put some URLs):

• A Friday: Utethered regime: basal = 75% lantus + 25% pump and then the bolos of the pump.

• Week: multidosis regime: basal = 100% lantus and then for bowling the same rapid action analogue with which the pump loads but in feathers.

• Week is a "mixed" treatment and the weekend is a normal multiple injections treatment, Lantus's puncture puts it at night and makes the changes on Friday night and Sunday night./li>
  • In the places where I have read people who use or have used the east issue of Untethered the percentages that I have mostly seen are more or less out there (75-80% with Lantus, the remaining 20-25% with the pump) and in some case less common I have seen percentages of 60 % of Lantus even a rarely rare case of 100 % of Lantus always and the pump only for bowling.

• Disconnection times there is a lotBut it's the least, that will see what they want to do.

• On the one hand, disconnection times and focusing only on basal percentages I have not seen anywhere that they explain/comment PQ no lower percentages of those of the basal insulin are used but it can (eye, I only say can) that)whether below those percentages there are no "advantages" (bone, glycemia will rise quickly and the ketone bodies will also appear).
  • About people who use or have used Untethered:

• Read very few adult people using the east theme, the person who has coined the term "Untethered" (Steve Edelman) and little more, what I have seen is that most cases are children with insulin bomb and aThe ones I have read are the parents and the latter explains some things:

• Person whoIt has diabetes (the child) is not the person who handles treatment, it is the parents who remove/put/go up/down/click/cut, the child in principle has no idea of ​​diabetes or has to think so many times in diabetesAs parents do not have an idea of ​​the extra work of this type of treatment or anything, the parents do not care about all the extra work for a child they do whatever it takes and if for the child to have more mobility to do sports or haveMore freedom in the summer months because they do it and period.

• It is curious that when children grow and get more involved in their diabetes, they begin to decide and begin to be those who handle the treatment (and not third parties) voluntarily move to use 100% pump (bone 100%bomb).

• The commented block a lot with what is seen in the forums are where they are: adults who are with pump using 100% pump well PQ have always used 100% bomb or because the four cats that have ever used the subjectof Untethered over time they have moved without anyone pressing them to use 100% bomb.
  • The number of people who use or has used this (for different reasons) is very small.

The inconveniences (all the inconveniences of the pump treatment + some inconvenience of multidosis treatments) personally I think they exceed the advantages.

URLs (all in English):

The entrance of Wikipedia:
    Link

Steve Edelman's article "The Un-Tethered Regime":
    Link
    The article gives to be widely commented on a separate thread, but hey, I will only make a comment: as a user that I am from the Lantus insulin every time I see a graphic representation and paint it with a straight line I can not help you smile...

Thread "Untethered vs. 100% pump" of the Forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com forum where there are opinions of all types (in favor and against, people who use or have used this, advantages, inconveniences, ...)::
    Link
    In that same forum there are more threads where they talk about "Untethered".

DiabetesForo
    03/07/2012 3:12 a.m.

Well, for summer months it seems to me that it is a good option.I loved the pool and the beach and since I carry the bomb I have reduced a lot as many times as I go for the fattening of it (and I suppose that also for age) I will ask the endocrine to see what opinion it has of this treatment of this treatment, but for July and August ... I wouldn't care.
    Still, I think that getting a good basal begins to be really complicated when you mix so many insulins.

tica's profile photo
    tica
    03/07/2012 3:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
    Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.