{'en': 'How many strips do you use per month?', 'es': '¿Cuántas tiras usas al mes?'} Image

How many strips do you use per month?

tica's profile photo   06/05/2012 10:40 a.m.

sherpa41 said:

In summary, the post -complying descents are the worst.And I never plan to eat with more than 3 or 4 people because I distract me and I do not control what.

@Sherpa41, which are the worst descents, I agree, I have only spent worse once at a celebration dinner, I drank more, and being drunk and with a full stomach, wanting to vomit, a downturn came to me... I thought I was dying! ... never Mais !!!, now I don't drink.

Eating with more people, man, I would say that it is healthy and recommended, the only thing that must be monitored that glucose accompanies, as on so many other occasions.

I encourage everyone!, That we already know that insulin diabetes is not easy, but we must not close for that!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/19/2013 3:10 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The theme of good, long and accompanied meals is "solved" with the insulin bomb ... Dual bolus, little bolus as you eating, it is more unlikely to have a downturn of those you tell.However, I believe that eating in company always has to be positive, you have to be pending as @mimbek says to calculate well, and if you use a ball put the insulin in several times, as @gondondrullo says.
By the way, what is the cap?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/19/2013 7:19 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Will the Primary Care Center?The ambulatory said vulgarly, right?he he
Well, what feels worse is to eat alone, like quickly and running ... :), instead when I am with enough people as more slowly and less ... will I be rare ??????
And I tell you the same as Velia, for the problem of slow digestion nothing better than the insulin pump, no doubt ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/19/2013 7:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With two or three people nothing happens to me or even more if it is a very quiet meal, but there is a lot of uprising and especially with children playing ... Puff.

I always end up forgetting what I have eaten, even if I have picked and how much.And it is absolutely impossible for me to adjust the action time of insulin with the absorption of food, and of course I spend it fatal.

I have already told my family that this year I have to make a very strict diet and that I will not go eating for Christmas, that I will pass me after eating ...

Today, with the mess of buying the gifts I think I have taken a pill that I have to take once a day.If this Christmas is not for me.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/19/2013 9:27 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If you are going to stop going to Christmas meals/dinners so you comment ... It has a solution.If necessary, you sign up on paper what you have punctured and what you are going to think about (more or less seeing what is or asking what will be what will be done). The last year were my first ChristmasBeing diabetic and that I did, and the truth ... I came very well, I even ate nougat with the "fear" that I gave me ... I had debuted only 3 weeks ago.Do not miss moments with your family or friends for diabetes ... and less a meal.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
12/19/2013 5:54 p.m.

hello
I am new in this, a month ago that they diagnosed me.The first days I guided 7 sugar controls and now I have fixed 4 scheduled and some more if I think it appropriate.The recipes of the strips were made by my family doctor, for what he told me, the recipes are visible by medical inspection, at least in Galicia.Then you go to the pharmacy and voila.So that I had no problem with the inspection visa, he added some observations in which he indicated that he was in diabetological education,
I suppose that if your family doctor or your endocrine justify your need for strips on the occasion of pregnancy, they will give you more.

mgp's profile photo
mgp
12/19/2013 6:17 p.m.

DM desde 18/11/13
Apidra 2-2-2 (base de cálculo)
Lantus a la noche 20

For example, I have a mess of the meals -we do one of the company, we do one in summer and another at Christmas, and on both occasions it usually is cocktail, standing, waiters serving small plates and portions, and since I do not know what whatThey will serve because I wait in the end to click, but I think it is very difficult to try to count the portions, but of course this system always lengthens and until they reach the desserts 2 h have almost passed and I must already be butt.What should I do?Ask what there is?say that I need a special menu?At first I thought of not going, but I don't think the solution, I have to learn and not stop self -saving.(Or I think)

valky's profile photo
valky
12/21/2013 10:14 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Of course you have to go.Isolation is not the solution, one cannot stop living for having diabetes.What I would do in your case is to measure mythnothing.;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/21/2013 10:37 a.m.

I've never been in such a meal, but I find it similar to pintxos.Whenever you're going you never know how you are going to eat, or what are they going to be ... and as you depend a little on what you want to people because it is an adventure.What I do is eat 2 pintxos first, and depending on which they have been and tantling which will be the following I look like the units that seem to me.Sometimes you are right, and sometimes not so much ... but in general you run out more or less the "trick."I never put insulin before eating, because if I do it I know that the mess ... normally it takes to serve, and it takes you to go from one bar to another ... you find people ...

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
12/21/2013 2:49 p.m.

Hello !!!6 A day?That whenever it does not mend because if so there are 2 more!, We planted in 8 i thinking k we have some minimally decent controls ... if they are very good we go down to 4 or 5 a day and I am pregnant I'm going to minimum 8.My endocrine is increasing the requirements of the strips (making appropriate reports) are of cases that have not yet been served.In very good ways in the health center they tell you that they have no supplies and cannot serve you (at least in my province) it is not my case ... but if we are in that case, they told me that the best obction isAssociate ourselves to an association of diabetics and DSD there to denounce it.Since if you do it at the individual level, do not pay attention to you.(Think that every boat of 50s are € 59 !! If one day I will do it ... for the moment I do not belong to any pork I have not found it appropriate ... I will see over time ... I encourage everyone!!!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
01/05/2014 1:31 p.m.

I usually use about 8 a day ... and sometimes more ... but one day I forget a little and I do 3 or 4 ... sometimes I feel so good that I forget that diabetics!

vandorta26's profile photo
vandorta26
01/07/2014 3:35 p.m.

Debut en 1996.

Con mi Bombi desde Octubre/2013 con Animas Vibe.

Very good, happy year first of all, I usually make about 6-8 minimum, that I have not dropped, they usually give me200 strips, but

Conchi's profile photo
Conchi
01/02/2019 9:34 p.m.

If I go a little earlier they tell me anything, for now

Conchi's profile photo
Conchi
01/02/2019 9:35 p.m.

Hello, and happy year for everyone!
I usually use 8 a day and sometimes more.Every 12-13 days I take a 100-strips package (€ 2.95), which prescribes me.
When I use the freestyle I use much less.

091975's profile photo
01/03/2019 4:30 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

I do not cover the strips, the plan.So I invest a lot from the budget in them.That forces me to control them to the best extent but average or between 3 to 6 daily.Usually when I use more is when I have “strange” readings that I then do glucometers and calibrate them.100 strips last 3 weeks

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
01/06/2019 7:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.