{'en': 'How many strips do you use per month?', 'es': '¿Cuántas tiras usas al mes?'} Image

How many strips do you use per month?

tica's profile photo   06/05/2012 10:40 a.m.

If your nurse has been forgotten, go to the doctor and make you the recipe or give you another nurse or put a complaint in the health center and do not leave there without the strips.
Type 1 cannot live without strips, unless we are every little in emergencies for hypoglycemia or dealing with complications.And that is expensive.

They think that we measure ourselves by whim ... how little they know what a subcutaneous insulin is, however stable it is ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2013 1:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With my slow gastric emptying, I create anxiety to know if the blood glucose has uploaded or not before clicking the insulin, so sometimes I have to prick three times during a meal or immediately later to be clear that I can prick and avoidThose unpleasant post-componing downs that go wrong.

Total, that between that and the weekly sport, I come to use almost a box per week.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/13/2013 6:27 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Great theme of pre-injection anxiety! I think it gives for a laaaargo thread, it happens to me that before deciding the amount of insulin, I am a few minutes calculating, hours from the last injection?, That I have eaten?, What am I goingto eat? How many hydrates are they?

Anyway, once I decide and put the insulin, then I panic, will it have passed?, And if not absorbed fast hydrates?, And if the dishes do not have the hydrates that I have calculated?, And if ...?

A drama, we go sometimes a bad time with this, and very often is eating outside and with other people ... Anyway, this comes with the diabetic pack, does anyone have any suggestion to get it better?

fer's profile photo
fer
12/14/2013 6:11 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer, put insulin and enjoy food and friends.If you have hypo, you will notice, and you can always eat another dessert .. I know it is very easy to say, but since we do not become a little passage, the subject is bitter.
I had a very bad time with my daughter a long time and, since I have reassured myself, everything is much better.
What he does, when he eats out, is to put the insulin when he sees that the first dish is already on the table.If it is high, one or two more units, and two more if they eat dessert.And measure two hours later in case you have to correct, of course.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/14/2013 12:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thanks for the @regina council!, It is an irrational theme, sometimes I have had dasses with a full stomach, and it is fatal, because it does not matter the amount of sugar you take to trace, it is like the stomach does not process the food,And while you see that glucose does not stop, a very bad time, true that it does not happen often, much less, but the memory is there and I suppose what is scary, perhaps I have to overcome it with more passotism,or with Zen philosophy!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/15/2013 7:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer, something like that happened to me yesterday, we finished eating at home and seeing the sun that we made we went for a walk, but I didn't plan toHorrible sensation to have to engulf even a juice and then something solid when nothing comes in.
As for the strips, I use about 5-6 a day, sometimes at work I forget to look at me after breakfast and others if I feel good either I look after eating.Now, those that are always fixed, is the night before bedtime and when I wake up.I also had an endocrine that said that looking at me 4 times a day was to look a lot, will it be possible, what are the books that they read?Because if not, it is not understood.
Ah and I also share with you that feeling of knowing that you are from downturn but not to look at you to save any strip.But the worst in those moments of strip savings is when you are going to do a control and you fall short of blood and it is not enough and it is error!: -On jarrr I have to spend a strip more hehe.Or I don't know if it happened to you that your meter gets stuck or the shooting leaves without leaving the opportunity to look at you hehe, another wasted pull hehe

valky's profile photo
valky
12/15/2013 1:51 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Fer, maybe always help you ask for a cocacola with sugar and have it there in case you feel low ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/15/2013 2:25 p.m.

Fer, if you are afraid, get on once you started eating (whenever the pre is good, of course).Nothing happens because you have a small peak that will happen quickly.And if that gives you quality of life, do it.

I have anxiety at meals because I really have (in addition to the typical fear you comment) a real problem of slow emptying.It takes me a lot to get the glucose.I have come to eat and have to wait two hours to prick.(Pre of 90 and two hours later, only 125 despite having eaten !!).So with this problem, or take measures, or those post-componing dirty that you comment and that are effectively so chungos, they would overtake me too often.In fact, it was until I started to click after eating.But of course, that also forces me to look at the glucose not only before eating, but also later, to be able to control whether it does not do it too much).Anyway, a pain with all the letters.What am I going to tell that you don't know anymore ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/16/2013 4:17 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I'm with @regina, @arania, go for your strips but now!You can't be with two strips for the weekend, that's crazy!If they belong to you, they belong to you, that 100 strips a month already seems to me a shame, that someone takes responsibility in your center and that they give you your strips.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
12/16/2013 4:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Once it happened to me that in the Cap they told me that I touched 1 to day, I had a monumental anger with the nurse that dispens the strips, after discussing more than 20 minutes, I checked my card, trying to explain that the WHO says theType 2 diabetics, with 1 strip a day already have enough ...: o
- "Type 2?!" I said.
- "Yes, type 2, what puts on your card!" She said.
- "But I am type 1 !!!", I said.
- "Glups, someone has touched your card ..." she said.

End of the discussion, they gave me the strips that played ...

fer's profile photo
fer
12/16/2013 9:35 a.m.

What a shame @fer ... I have a whistle with my cap that you don't see ... with your permission, I'm going to vent ...
It turns out that I have a diabetes of 22 years of evolution, well ... my mother took me to Cap PQ I had the typical symptoms, they made me control, and direct to the hospital that touches me, well.To this day, the only relationship that my diabetes has had with my Cap, has been to give me the "necessary" recipes and strips.Never, and I never repeat anyone, as I carry it, if I make blood xtisis, zero, zero patatero.
In July thanks to the great medical team of endocrine that take me, they got a bomb for me.Since then, I'm going to review my controls every week and make the necessary changes as soon as possible to lower my hemoglobin and be able to look for a baby.
A month after putting on the bomb, the same hospital changed my glucometer for another one that communicates with the bomb, I think that only the results, does not adjust bowling or anything, or so I think, I have not touched it much ... total, thanI have to go to my cap to ask me for the strips of this new glucometer.
They ask me for a note from my endocrine to ask for them, okay, as if lucky or unfortunately, I visit me every week, I have the paper quite fast and take it to Cap.
I must thank, on top of that, they do not put many fights when it comes to facilitating the strips.Well, it turns out that month, I do not, they give me the strips for the new glucometer, the other half of the months, they give me strips for the antigüo.What do I say, I don't have the obligation to keep the glycometer antigüo, right?Can I donate for example?
Well, with that I am fly, because there is no one who takes stocks with the glucometer, because every month I have to wear different machines.
Now they have told me that the glucometer will change me.They will give me a super cool one that communicates with the bomb.Sorry????I already have a glucometer that communicates with my bomb !!!!Yes, that one who uses month yes and month does not!
I have not said before, that whoever goes for the strips is my father, since for schedule themes I can not, and they have dizzy poor, they needed the brand and model of my bomb.So that????I say, that I am wrong, and if so, I would appreciate that you correct me.
In my area, I think only two bombs, mine, Medtronic and one from Roche are put.
Well, the Medtronic, goes with the strips of Metronic, from Bayer to be more concrete, and Roche's, will go with Roche's, right?And I do not think it is very complicated to know that if I am asking for strips for my Medtronic Glucometer that already communicates with my bomb, it is the Medtronic, right?And I think Roche's glucometer cannot be communicated with the Medtronic Bomb, I say ...
Total, that the case is that they have been saying that they will give me the "super" new glucometer but that they cannot deliver it because they have not yet explained how it works ...
In January I will go to Cap PQ they have dizzy ...
What outrages me is that if they don't care, they let me carry my illness quietly ...

Sorry for the roll to whom he has come to read everything ...: -q

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
12/16/2013 11:13 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Read!And I tell you @IntrusI carry it, in short, they don't have much idea!

With this panorama, I am not surprised at all you explain!, In short, have a lot of patience!

fer's profile photo
fer
12/16/2013 1:44 p.m.

@Arania, where are you from?This strips is getting complicated, Ufff.At the moment they do not restrict the amount, but it will arrive, go if it will arrive ... I give my husband 200 strips a month, the ones he uses, and my daughter 250, and if at a given time we need more they give them to us withoutfurther.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/17/2013 5:23 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much @Fer, I will continue informing :)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
12/17/2013 5:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

@Intrusa, to give you a single glucometer, that does not dizzy.Whatever, but one.By the way, Bayer's contour link is under my modest opinion one of the worst glucometers that exists, so if you change it, you are satisfied;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/17/2013 5:41 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

It is what I say @Velia, that there is no one who gets her socks ... the contour link I don't like the old one :( I preferred the old one, the lx glucomen, which at least took me more half. This the only thing the thingWhat does with the bomb, it is to send the result, which I do not know to want the bomb ...
Anyway, we will wait for that "new" meter ...;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
12/17/2013 6:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

@Intrusa, the data that is passed automatically with the contourlink you can also manage manually.If you use the wizard, when the endo downloads the pump data can see the bolus you have put, glycemia, rations, which provides more information.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/17/2013 7:16 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

In these almost 5 months, no one has downloaded any data from anywhere ...:-/

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
12/17/2013 11:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

food

gondullo said:
those post-comida dirts that you comment and that are effectively so chungos, would come over too often.In fact, it was until I started to click after eating.But of course, that also forces me to look at the glucose not only before eating, but also later, to be able to control whether it does not do it too much).Anyway, a pain with all the letters.What am I going to tell that you don't know anymore ...

Towards months that I did not happen but today after a good meal, in which I have punctured being a little low, insulin has taken effect before digesting the food and I spent the whole afternoon trembling, with my belly fullAnd the meter however marking 80 at half an hour 81, at 82 ... after 2 hours it was at 90 but kept trembling.That if at 3 hours and even without taking anything I have put myself at 300.

In summary, the post -complying descents are the worst.And I never plan to eat with more than 3 or 4 people because I distract me and I do not control what.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/17/2013 2:50 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Eating "only" is not the solution, do not deprive yourself of making it surrounded by people.Next time try to calculate better.;)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
12/18/2013 5:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.