{'en': 'Is hair fall normal?', 'es': '¿Es normal la caída de pelo?'} Image

Is hair fall normal?

Wolflinx's profile photo   11/29/2014 1:36 p.m.

Well, I am quite worried since since I was diagnosed with diabetes 1 month ago I have noticed that I am losing quite comparative with before and it scares me too much since I am only 17 years ...

Is this normal?

Is there any way to avoid it?

What can cause it?

Thank you!

Wolflinx's profile photo
Wolflinx
11/29/2014 1:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It happened to me the same!I have lost a barbarity of hair, I do not exaggerate if I say that half of the hair.Luckily, I have always had a lot of hair, because if not now I would be bald, really.I fell to my hair to mechones, every time I brushed me, that was washing it, there was hair for the whole house ... now it has stopped a little, and less bad because it is a little more and I have no more hairthat can fall.
I also relate it to the debut of diabetes because it had never happened to me and I began to fall just after that.I really hope that little by little I get the hair I had before, or at least I recover a little ... I miss my hair :(

Laire's profile photo
Laire
11/29/2014 3:14 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Hello!
The truth is that the same thing happened to me!But it wasn't after debut, it started a few months before and lasted until a few months later.I have also noticed, since then, that there are times that my whole body is chopped.I am very strong, especially for my arms, legs and gut.My endo told me that it had nothing to do with diabetes, but these two things started at the same time.

Cosi's profile photo
Cosi
11/29/2014 5:45 p.m.

Will it be by stress?The hormonal system influences hair, but diabetes does so alone.
If it is nervous, everything will be normalized ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2014 5:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, thank you all for answering.

regina said:
will it be by stress?The hormonal system influences hair, but diabetes does so alone.
If nervous, everything will be normalized ..

The truth is that I am nervous, but basically because I am of exams and I have almost no free time:/
But even so, I had never fallen hair before this way, even if it was very nervous, and that's why it surprises me.

cosi said:

Hello!
The truth is that the same thing happened to me!But it wasn't after debut, it started a few months before and lasted until a few months later.I have also noticed, since then, that there are times that my whole body is chopped.I am very strong, especially for my arms, legs and gut.My endo told me that it had nothing to do with diabetes, but these two things started at the same time.

And could you overcome it or something?
laire said:
the same happened to me!I have lost a barbarity of hair, I do not exaggerate if I say that half of the hair.Luckily, I have always had a lot of hair, because if not now I would be bald, really.I fell to my hair to mechones, every time I brushed me, that was washing it, there was hair for the whole house ... now it has stopped a little, and less bad because it is a little more and I have no more hairthat can fall.
I also relate it to the debut of diabetes because it had never happened to me and I began to fall just after that.I really hope that little by little I get the hair I had before, or at least I recover a little ... I miss my hair: (
>
And are you still with that problem or notes that over time is happening?

Wolflinx's profile photo
Wolflinx
11/29/2014 6:20 p.m.

regina said:
will it be by stress?The hormonal system influences hair, but diabetes does so alone.
If nervous, everything will be normalized ..

In my case, no.I debuted in summer and spent the whole summer very happy, without excessive stress or anything that could cause me to fall in such a way my hair.Other times when I have been very stressed by studies, it has also happened to me (especially it happens to me that I grow very very very very slowly for stress), but I had never fallen so much hair.It has to be related to diabetes yes or yes, I think that with insulin treatment because it was from that point that I began to fall.
In fact, if you put in Google "Diabetes fall hair" you get a lot of results.

wolflinx said:

And are you still with that problem or notes that over time is happening?

I think he has already stopped, at least I don't get practically straight as I happened to me before.Now to wait to see if I recover some hair or not ...

I have also noticed that since I debuted my hair, it grows much more slowly.I had always grown very quickly, I had to dye me every month and when I did I already had a considerable root, and now two months pass and when I dye I have not as much root as I had before, when I did it every month.In general, everything about fatal hair :(

Laire's profile photo
Laire
11/29/2014 6:57 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

I do believe that it is related to diabetes.If you have bad control (as we all have before debuting), your cells are not fed and the first one that notice is the hair.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/29/2014 9:17 p.m.

Look also the thyroid.I began to fall a lot because of that.

Bollicaoo's profile photo
Bollicaoo
12/18/2014 6:56 p.m.

In my case, the cause of hair loss was mainly stress.After trying several remedies and not getting the expected results, as almost the last option I turned to the capillary products of Uphairs.The truth is that they have gone great, since then I only trust them in my baldness treatment, for hair fall.I leave the link here in case you dare to try it: Link I hope I have beenHelp!

laurodriguez's profile photo
laurodriguez
08/29/2016 5:08 p.m.

I debuted and a year, I was diagnosed by hypothyroidism, with 15 years, I had a lotEmotional, stress and others.

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
08/29/2016 5:37 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@laurodriguez I have a problem that takes my hair from an area and now I want to have them long because they take the braids and of course I want to go fashionable.I would like to ask and inform you of your wonderful treatment and product since it is to apply it in the flats.Thank you very much for your miraculous products

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/29/2016 5:47 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I thought it had been for periods of strong tension or due to lack of vitamins, but if you are so many that you comment it will be.But let's go angry that my hair has fallen for this tenth of lottery that I did not buy.
Now that the truth is that I don't care, since I have to cut my hair enough to try to advance in the sport to have less friction with the wind, hehehe.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/29/2016 5:54 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello, I solve this problem with minoxidil , helped me a lot

rickmin's profile photo
rickmin
02/03/2017 5:49 p.m.

@rickmin, the problem of the Minoxidill is that when you stop using the hair that was going to be and did not fall and what comes out new falls suddenly, has rebound effect.
So or you use it all life or you know ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/03/2017 7:47 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I have had many baldness and I have used many products prescribed by dermatology and the only one that works is Minoxidil.Now I am taking some pills that are supposed to be only for men, Finearina (or something like that I don't remember now).
Since I have diabetes I have many hair problems.I also have hypothyroidism.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/03/2017 9:48 p.m.

From the topic A alopecia I have knowledge for the studies I did, how is that you have had many bald?Do you have AA A alopecia areata?For androgenetic alopecia whose cause is usually hormonal, it is prescribed minoxidil and finasteride, that is its name, and it is not only for men, it blocks part of the DHT that is the cause of the miniaturization of the capillary follicles, that is to say, of progressive refinement until the disappearance of hair.But in female alopecia there are other factors involved apart from an excess of androgens, so that the finely took two years to show effects, these are very poor in women of fertile age, in women in menopause with high values ​​ofAndrogens has shown to have some efficiency, but it is not to throw rockets.As for Minoxidil, it is efficient at the beginning, the first two years of use, then its effectiveness is decreasing until it no longer makes effect because it cannot counteract the miniaturization of the follicles.

On the other hand, hair loss is not androgenetic alopecia that leads to remain bald.That is efluvio telogen and nobody runs out of hair for effluviuos, since there is regeneration although the fall is increased.

anaisabel said:
I have had many baldness and used many products prescribed by dermatology and the only one that works is minoxidil.Now I am taking some pills that are supposed to be only for men, Finearina (or something like that I don't remember now).
Since I have diabetes I have many hair problems.I also have hypothyroidism.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/05/2017 12:36 p.m.

In hypothyroidism, there is chronic and diffuse hair loss (the telogen or fall phase increases and the anagen or growth is delayed), keratin becomes more fragile and the appearance of hair is usually more rough and dry, soThe hair appears poorer and dull.

The medication to treat the thyroid problem helps improve the problem.

marcos_j_m said:
I debuted and a year, I was diagnosed hypothyroidism, with 15 years, I had a lot of hair and I did not notice much, it is true that now I have a lot of hair, there will be people who can affect theDiabetes with respect to hair loss, but more emotionally, stresses and others.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/05/2017 12:41 p.m.

@"Dunah", in hypothyroidism, if you have it controlled, do you stop hair and hair linning or by having hypothyroidism, will you always have it like that?I have hypothyroidism and although I am at the right levels my hair is always finite, it breaks easily and when the fall arrives that is already fighting, I get a brutal burden because I see nothing more than hair everywhere, wash my hair and combIt is an agony to see whole strands ..
This fall we have started with the baby's search and I have uploaded the eutirox dose to be hyperthyroid so that the child has no problems but my mother I think it is worse to be hyperthyroidism than hiccups because my hair falls out at times, orAre they hallucinations of mine?
It falls more into hyperthyroidism than in the hiccup or has nothing to do with?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/05/2017 1:02 p.m.

Medication can improve hair but not solve the base problem, so that hair keratin will always be fragile, the only thing that can be done is to use products that better hair appearance and reinforce keratin: shampoo, serums,etc

And with hyperthyroidism, there is also diffuse hair loss (due to acceleration of hair cycles that causes hair to be born and fall faster than usual), keratin is refined and hair is often more fatty.The hair therefore becomes brittle and without volume.

With hyperthyroidism you will fall more :( you will have to deal with the theme of the hair, think of hair cuts that look like more density, for example, a short hair that you can combs by giving volume for example. Or put extensions or someCapillary piece

gala said:
@"dunah", in hypothyroidism, if you have it controlled, stand for hair loss and hair linning or because of having hypothyroidism you will always have itSo?I have hypothyroidism and although I am at the right levels my hair is always finite, it breaks easily and when the fall arrives that is already fighting, I get a brutal burden because I see nothing more than hair everywhere, wash my hair and combIt is an agony to see whole strands ..
This fall we have started with the baby's search and I have uploaded the eutirox dose to be hyperthyroid so that the child has no problems but my mother I think it is worse to be hyperthyroidism than hiccups because my hair falls out at times, orAre they hallucinations of mine?
It falls more into hyperthyroidism than at the hiccup or has nothing to do with?

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/05/2017 1:38 p.m.

Thanks for the information @"dunah"
The extensions tried it but the problem is that how my hair falls because the extensions also failed, it is more I think that because of the extensions when my hair is already floating, the whole mechon was going from the weight.
Nothing I'm going to a complete wig
: D: D: D.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/05/2017 1:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.