ACCU-Chek Aviva Expert

Martina's profile photo   07/26/2012 6:45 p.m.

Hello good,

Does anyone have experience with the ACCU-CHECK Aviva Expert glucometer?It is from Roche and calculates the insulin dose to be supplied as well as active insulin.In some threads I have noticed reluctance to the glucometers of Roche and this ACCU-Chek uses the same strips as the Aviva, the Aviva Nano and the Aviva Combo.

I have seen a thread where details about this glucometer are given but I have not read about the experience of its use.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
07/26/2012 6:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, Martina, I have it in my hospital, you have to ask for it or if you are left without it.
At the moment only use of glucometer (the strips are the same as Accouchek) because before all you have to "demonstrate" although it sounds ugly, that you control the issue of counting.
And everything else, how to put the amounts of insulin inside the glucometer is the endocrine and educator tanan a small course and this
They haven't called me yet, but I have it here, and it's a chungo, I try to put amounts on my own and it's a difficult fabric, so I can't help you in that
Only between to inform you a little, I hope to open you in something.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
07/27/2012 3:44 p.m.

Thanks for your answer,

Does anyone else have the Roche Meter?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
07/28/2012 4:15 a.m.

Hello colleagues.

Just yesterday calls those of Acu-Check to ask about this pot.

The truth is that the feeling he gave me is that the person with whom he speaks did not know very very well that towards the glucometer, which if he told me that in Spain for a short time he was and that it is not sold in pharmacies and neitherGive without the consent of your endocrine.He said something like - he does the functions of a continuous or bomb meter but of course without being connected, he works with the measurement data.So he hinted that to know how to use it you have to have a slightly medium level of nutrition formation and more or less control the portions.

What do I say?I will talk to my endo and explain the case in case you know the device and tell you to let me use it.Supposedly ACCU-CHEC's own contact him so that his ok.

The thing is that before starting to move threads I would like to know more but I do not find information in Spanish ... Some have some link where this technical record, which makes, comments ...

Thank you very much for everyone.
Hugs, Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
07/31/2012 5:31 a.m.

Hello:
They gave it to me two months ago and I am happy with him.What I don't know is how to get the device to transfer the data to the computer ...
Both the puncture system (very painless and comfortable) and the fact of having all the information (how much I punish me, when as ..) I find it pleasant.
It allows me to better adjust the sensitivity factor and what corresponds by ration of insulin carbohydrates, depending on the food.That is, it is not the same to breakfast as at dinner ...
Even to make corrections he recommends you based on what you still have of active insulin.
Of course, you have to get ready with technologies to reprogram it based on changes and things.

All the best

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
08/17/2012 4:40 p.m.

Hello, I have been for 3 months, it is part of the learning that is done to put the insulin pump.
The truth is that I now wonder how I have lived so long without him.
You enter the data for blocks of time, breakfast, food, dinner and nocturnal.In each block you put the insulin sensitivity index at that time and the ratio, you can modify it according to your measurements and then the solo "says" the amount of insulin units that you must put on, telling you the amount of rations that you goto eat at that time.

Likewise, it has a device such as mobile phones to transmit the order to the insulin pump.

The Smart Pix gives you TB in the hospital to pass the data to the computer, where you see graphs and data.In short, it is very useful and necessary for everyone, I think that all laboratories will end up taking the similar market, if they have not already done so.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
09/11/2012 6:06 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Hello colleagues

Good Well, I already have my expert ... uf what nerves he spent yesterday hahaha.I had a kind of appointment with the person in charge and my endocrine of a 2 hours.In that little while we were looking a lot of we vary and putting the data to the glucometer (in addition to giving me a little hypo hahaha as shame) they gave me as a small classes of the use of the machine.

After playing with her quietly at home my feeling is as follows.
The mechanism is quite good and the truth that can be adjusted to the needs of each one.That the insulin advises you that you have to wear according to the rations you eat and you can also look in a second lot of graphs is interesting even stimulates you to do it better.
The counter, which should not be, is that if you do not have an average/high diabetological education it is impossible for you to clarify, it is a 100% machine for people with concerns and desire to take care of themselves (unfortunately few people like that).

Well I will continue to test and if I detect anything I tell you.
Hugs.Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
09/26/2012 5:39 a.m.

Hello everyone!!!!

I am new here and I am glad to contribute my grain of sand since I have started reading the forum and I am a user of "expert" I have it before the summer.
My endocrine was advised (I lived in Coruña) he quoted me one day at the hospital and gave me the formation of the delegate of Roche is called Esther is super pound and explained it to me phenomenal, it is very easy to use I tell you ...
You get a blood glucose, you indicate if it is a blood glucose before eating, after eating ... you indicate the carbohydrates that you are going to take and you can also indicate if you are going to exercise, if you are stressed or sick and recommend youThe insulin units that you have to administer.

At first I didn't trust I did what the delegate of Roche told me ... I recommended the machine for example 5 insulin units and I put myself 4 insulin units, but when it made me glycemination at 2h aftereating was high !!!!So I started paying attention to what I told me expert and I am super good, it has even lowered me the hemoglobin ... I am Happy !!!!

If you have any questions, try to explain more in detail ... ;-)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/09/2012 6:45 p.m.

I also have it, less badly, the truth is that it is very good that I indicate the amount of insulin you need, in my case only once, doing everything right
That is, the apparatus gave me a low and I really did not understand it, but well .... I hope it does not repeat much, it is like this morning that indicated that I put 1 insulin unit, and it is true that I wasShowed at 67 and on exercise, but ... 1 unit?If the drop there is hanging and I put myself 2, but then at two hours 70 is not bad and roded either, I am delighted with him, but we must not forget that we have the last word is the first thing they tell youThe educators, if the glucometer tells you 8 of fast insulin and you consider that it is a lot and you download a unit, nothing happens, it is a question of trying to be inside the right figures.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/15/2012 8:31 a.m.

Well after trying it….As I retire, I refuse, I don't use it anymore ... In the end I stressed the machine ... With a normal machine I think simply how much I would have to put, now with this machine, I think how much I have to wear;If the machine advises me something else, that I compare the 2 figures ... PUF.The time comes that I know so much that the glucometer is totally inaccurate ... for example I know that on Mondays I need one more insulin unit to go more tight ... the machine is rigid for that.As my endocrine says (which made me very funny) there is no better carbohydrate counter than the diabetic head when it is fine.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/17/2012 9:35 a.m.

I the only problem I have is that, the food book is very good, because this almost everything that is eaten abitually
With his weight, grams ... etc, but he does not match at all what I guided me before "my notes" hahaha, and I don't know who listens
And it is a problem because the difference shows a lot for example.With boiled potatoes according to the booklet is 200gr Carbohydrates 40 and in other places, only 15 percent gr, if we add 2oo is 30 to whom to ignore?Well, it is already a unit of difference UF, which mess.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/21/2012 8:12 a.m.

The best you guide yourself with the weights you always control.I also see the different quantities in different places.I tell that 50gr of potatoes are 10 carbohydrates (1 ration).Unfortunately, in my opinion, the little book that has the machine is what is the best of it.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/22/2012 5:22 a.m.

Quim, so we can see that each diabetic is a world, to my enclosure with the librito hydrates almost always ended up.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/22/2012 1:10 p.m.

Good afternoon.I write my first post to tell my experience and ask for advice.
I have the accu-check for a month (I changed it because the endocrine told me, not because I would look for it or anything like that) and this is my impression:
1 - It makes you again aware of the portions (I am diabetic for 30 years and the truth is that I had it quite forgotten; as it was and that makes me go a little by eye, and in the end at home I basically do the same...) As every time you eat you put the rations you are going to take (even if you are tired of always telling you that you are going to eat 9 portions when you eat the same days) because you are more careful to adjust to them (and it is not that usually that usuallyI don't have it, my hemoglobin is 6.6 -this last still without the accu -check, the previous one was at 7.3 -but well, with enough ups and downs throughout the day -the average is good, the daily controls do notso much...- )
2 - Provides a lot of information to the doctor at a glance (marks the controls with a white square if they are before eating or black if they are later, yes, it is you who has to record all that information, does not do so by thecontrol time) and data transfer to the computer is for infrared and really easy.
3 - It can help you in an insulin unit up or down if, for example, you have a glucose of 70 before eating (it marks one less) or 180 (it marks one more), when you still understand that you are insideThe margins and you always put the same amount (at least I am what I end up doing; just as a little less if I have 180 or I wait a little to eat, but not much insulin)

On the negative side:
1 - The accuracy of the device.I had a contour XT and before an elevation (I have always used Bayer, although now I read that they were not the best -all the XL is quite badly stopped, which seems that the batteries have been put - Diabetes/Glukometers-iso-15197-t7475.html ).The ACCU-CHECK systematically measures less.I leave the comparison:
ACCU-CHECK CONTOUR XT
43 51
73 84
144 186
122 169
86 144
240 264
140 190
From 73 to 84 or 43 to 51 there is no big difference but from 144 to 186 or 122 to 169 if there is (in fact the ACCU-CHECK would mark you one more unit in both cases (and possibly glycosylated hemoglobin collects itAfter a few months ...) it seems more precise (if we consider the XT precise, than for what I have read is 95%) in the high or low results than in the media.
2 - It does not let you make any correction to the rations taken or insulin once recorded.Let's say that at eating you calculate that there are not 9 if not 10 the portions you have taken (or you put one more unit because you think you have spent eating).The device does not let you correct them.
3 - Do not adjust your insulin sensitivity, you are the one you have to do it.If you have 140, you are going to eat 10 rations and the device tells you that 10 units and at two hours you are 250 the device does not "learn" and next time it will tell you again that 10 units unless you change thesensitivity.
4 - It forces you to do many more controls (possibly at the beginning until you adjust sensitivity).

And here my question.I know that you never have to compare the results of the glucometers (and I think I have never done it) but with this it has given me out there, it gave me the feeling that I was a little higher than the device said (I say feeling,Therefore subjective ...) I have another oldest glucometer and the four strips that I have left are expired so if someone can compare with their previous device at the time when a control is madeI would be very grateful.

Anyway, these are my conclusions.I hope you have helped you (and also someone throws a hand to me ... :-))
Thanks and greetings (and sorry for the tostón)

DiabetesForo
12/26/2012 7:23 a.m.

Hello Antonio,
I do not have the accu-check Aviva Expert but the insulin pump ACCU-CHECK COMBO and the meter must be similar, but directly calculate the insulin with the pump ... "put only the bowl" depending on the blood glucose.

My experience with Aviva strips is that they are horrible, they fail more than a fair shotgun and if you try to do two followed controls you will realize that they do not look like each in most of the case ... but errors of the type:80-40-60 or 240-170-200.I have spoken many times with them and they have never given me a solution.It is true that it depends a lot on the lot of the strips, I have been given less problems.I have also compared the analyzes with another brand (Opium) and Roche's marks me enough.In fact, the average that gives me does not correspond to the hemoglobin that I have, I should give me about 5 tenths.

Even so, I still use it, because I find it very comfortable to calculate insulin from glycemia, residual insulin and HC and more now in pregnancy that I modify the parameters very often and would not go crazy ...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/26/2012 2:56 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks for your (very fast) ethical answer.I think I will finish the boat and a half of strips that I have left and I will return to the contour that good, very bad should not be when I stay below 7 thanks to him :-) is curious, when I was talking to the representative of Roche les lesI asked as soon as I could help reduce glycosylated hemoglobin and answer that in 1. Ten days later, when I returned to adjust the sensitivity (although I had already adjusted it, I could not continue with the device giving me amounts of ridiculous insulin)"As hemoglobin reduces me in 1 it will seem that I am not a diabetic (in fact as I see that it is your case, Tica :-))" And I answer that in 1 in the best case for patients with HBA1C much higher.
Thanks again

DiabetesForo
12/26/2012 5:17 p.m.

Hahaha to me what I have reduced glycia have been two things, one that I am pregnant and I am no longer the only one to which the sugar affects and one can strive a lot if it insists.
And the second is that for a few years I have been a continuous meter, neither Acu-Check Expert nor weird things .... Knowing at all times as you are and the tendency of sugar is what helps ... to see if it startsThe SS to assume that having a gossip of these is a necessity and not a whim ...

Even so, I would give another chance to the Aviva Acu-Check, I also have been sweet (almost 25) and one relaxes a lot with the issue of rations and that ... and how you said the meter serves to do theThings better and once more or less you have it well configured, adult, you do not usually have many variations in insulin needs.

tica's profile photo
tica
12/27/2012 6:04 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

In line with what you say about the continuous meter.The truth is that I have never considered putting on a bomb because when my question has always offered me, it was always "okay, I am injected with the insulin alone. Can you do it according to how my glucose is (that is, without the need for proof)?"And the answer was not.But of course, a continuous meter is something else ... That does struck my attention.I read that what it analyzes is the liquid between the cells and that it goes with a needle that is more or less like those of the bowling, is it possible?How often do you have to change them?Does it bother you at some point?What size is?I have a lot of questions so if you give me some more information I would be very grateful to you (and I feel the offopic)

DiabetesForo
12/27/2012 12:50 p.m.

There are several threads that talk about the subject.The needle is totally flexible and does not hurt.They assure you a reliability of 1 week but they last 3 without problems (I do not know that for an oversight I get the dressing) and on whether it bothers, in the end, when I have been 3 weeks if I feel a little itching,That is when I already take it off, and I have never seen infection or anything like that, just in case I usually throw a little alcohol.If I carry it in my arm and I touched that side, when I have been noticeable for 2 hours ... but come on, very endable ...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/28/2012 11:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

He supposed that there would be a lot of threads on the subject.I get with them.
Thanks once again.

DiabetesForo
12/28/2012 1:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.