ACCU-Chek Aviva Expert

Martina's profile photo   07/26/2012 6:45 p.m.

Please, someone explain to me the operation of the ACCU-CHECK AVIVA EXPERT.
Thank you.

teresa's profile photo
teresa
03/05/2013 7:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here you can see the manual that I suppose you already have

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/05/2013 10:55 a.m.

Thanks for the answer.But I need to know the operation of the Aviva Expert Acu-Check

teresa's profile photo
teresa
03/05/2013 2:42 p.m.

I have achieved it a week ago and really, I don't know if it will be a coincidence, but I've been with some great posts.And fuck, it cannot be for the device, because I have not even adjusted the insulin-ration ratios.It was given by the person who gave it to me a little following the indications I gave him, but it is rare that they square the first.And above all, because I just started counting HC (something that I have never done, because I have always worked for an ojimeter) and it is likely that I am wrong more than once and two and three.I am looking at the books that I have with HC boards, the Lifescan Eurotouch application for iPhone ... and I walk crazy getting rations to the apparatus.

At the moment I do not dislike because he is forcing me to count rations.The bad thing is that when everyone starts at home, I tell you, I look at books with food rations, put data to the expert ... calibro el dexcom ... Everyone is already ending except me, that I have not started.

What I don't like about the device is:
- Great
- Strike huge huge huge.But how can they make such a bestially large strip?
- You could have some algorithm that allows you to recalculate the insulin-ration ratios depending on the glycemia you are scoring
- Also large strips (logical, if the strips are beastly).
- Baded transport bag.Nothing is well thought about to manipulate the meter with that rubber there in the middle (but this is a problem common to almost all meters).
- I don't know if I am very convinced by the measurements that I give me, I think I prefer the ones that had the contour USB before.
- Have Irda.By God blessed!Infrared are more past fashionable than diabolo.BT would be logical.
- That you need that smartpix pain.Another dead for the computer?And if it is a laptop it is a fattening to have to connect something additional.another shit.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/21/2013 8:08 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

It is not giving wax or roche 8)

What differences have you noticed in the Trio Contour-Ibgstar-Acchuchek vs Dexcom?
Anyone correlates more?

You should have tried Abbott's insulinx, I think it would be better for you.
It offers you some quite detailed general reports and decision -making is simpler, little to have a little experience and knowledge.
At least it has a USB port: D

could have some algorithm that allows the insulin-ration ratios to recalculate the glycemia that is scoring

Man, already, in that are those people of the artificial pancreas ... that the software that of that, without passing (remember the fair price;)) will win my eternal love (in addition to a porrid of money).
The last lifescan pot, I think it suggested something similar, not so advanced, but something commented ...

DiabetesForo
03/21/2013 1:20 p.m.

Well, Owash, I haven't done so badly either.In the primary they are well valued.The rest are secondary things.

I have not tried insulinx, but I will talk to Abbott's to try it.

As for the Expert-Ibgstar-Contour comparison, they are more sensations than anything else.Taking into account how the patio is with the strips, I do not have enough material to walk in triplicate.If they allow me to do the "essay" in the hospital and give me all strips, then I love the study they want ... :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/26/2013 5:09 a.m.

And here my expert analysis after a week of use:

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/26/2013 6:17 a.m.

The calculator forces you to count rations ... there is the improvement.
You advance in the control of the disease because you know more things, you look more at what you do and when you do, more tasks are performed (for example setting the sensitivity index)

DiabetesForo
03/26/2013 2:47 p.m.

Hello everyone.

I have had this meter for a few months.And I have found several of the issues that are discussed here.

1. Better not compare with another meter, because they do not match at all :(
2. Dinner, there is no way for the right, I have proven that I have to put about 8 a.More quickly not to stick to me at 2 o'clock.
3. I don't know if it is here alone, but now I find that in the reactive strips, they do not include the encoding chip (that yes, that all are 111, but and if it spoils, what we do).

Anyway, still getting used to the device.

I am delighted to be in this forum, although I think this is my first intervention.

We will see ourselves.

Greetings to all!

Luisete's profile photo
Luisete
08/13/2013 5:45 p.m.

Since reflores the subject, I will add several things after a few months of use:

1. I reaffirm that at the hardware level, Roche generally suspends.
2. The elephantia tires of this meter are the same as those I had in one of my first meters, back in the last century, year 1986. Unacceptable.
3. The smartpix or that device that you need to connect to the computer and dump everything is a real fattening.The solution that Bayer raises with a Soft embedded in the pendrive of his contour is infinitely more elegant, simple ... and economical for all.
4. If after an analysis you let a few minutes pass because you are slow counting HC before putting them in the device, it goes out and you lose the possibility of insulin calculation based on that result of blood glucose, because it does not allow you to edit.
There are one as many things, but for what?At the moment it is the meter that I am using and it seems like a good option, even if I have its "buts":

By the way, I recommend entering the action of Accouchek and let them know the problems of the device and improvements.They really appreciate companies.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/14/2013 12:52 p.m.

Uyyy the smartpix ... do not make me talk .... Does anyone get it on Ixplorer 8 or 9 or 10 without touching compatibility?What more infumable system ....

What I like least is "precision."One thing is that another meter should be compared and another that my mother was with DB symptoms, I did a couple of fasting analysis and was more than 120. I left another machine and marked 80. We compared the two meters and theDifference was 50 with low glycemia.From 90 and little I notice symptoms, but not always ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/14/2013 7:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Aurora2 said:
I, I also have it, less badly, the truth is that it is very good that indicates the amount of insulin you need, in my case only once, doing everything right
That is, the apparatus gave me a low and I really did not understand it, but well .... I hope it does not repeat much, it is like this morning that indicated that I put 1 insulin unit, and it is true that I wasShowed at 67 and on exercise, but ... 1 unit?If the drop there is hanging and I put myself 2, but then at two hours 70 is not bad and roded either, I am delighted with him, but we must not forget that we have the last word is the first thing they tell youThe educators, if the glucometer tells you 8 of fast insulin and you consider that it is a lot and you download a unit, nothing happens, it is a question of trying to be inside the correct figures. & lt;/blockquot

Hello, I have used it for a year and I have a doubt in what you have written.How do you recommend that you put insulin if you are with a hip ???Perhaps the maximum and minimum adjustments of bolus recommendation are not properly placed, right ???
I do not recommend bolus when I am going down even with meals putting the rations that I am going to eat.

MonaLisa's profile photo
MonaLisa
01/26/2014 6:24 p.m.

Sorry but I'm new and I'm still getting with the forum.I don't know how everything that Aurora2 has written has been copied:-/

MonaLisa's profile photo
MonaLisa
01/26/2014 6:49 p.m.

Since reflores the thread, I take the opportunity to say that this year Roche renews his entire accu-achek range, becoming Connect.As the name says, BT connection with the smartphone and soft with which to manage the figures anywhere on our mobile.Excellent news.

I hope that at the hardware level the devices also improve.And for God, for the Virgin, by all the saints .... replace that megatira at once !!!!!(I will have to start campaigning on Twitter ;-))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/27/2014 4:49 a.m.

The strip if the truth is great, I will take a look at the Connect.

Greetings

MonaLisa's profile photo
MonaLisa
01/28/2014 5:32 p.m.

For me, after using it for 6 months, I find it useless for a person with good adhesion to treatment, because it makes you waste time to put data, it does not give the opportunity to correct, and if one day it tells you that you wear 4 units andThen you have a hiccup, the next day it will tell you the same thing. I have returned to the normal meter

Joselu's profile photo
Joselu
11/17/2014 2:55 p.m.

Lada desde 2010
Levemir fraccionada+Novorapid

@hansolo can be connected to the smartphone?I have been with the expert for a long time and with the combo for a couple of months and I didn't know anything.Is there any specific application?The smartpix is ​​a bit cumbersome and sometimes I have had problems when passing data.I guess it is only to carry the data, graphics..etc

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/31/2015 3:57 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I am a UMBTMB user, before I used the Aviva Solo, with the expert improvement (for the clear count), with respect to the dump of information true that it is a roll, otherwise I am throwing I can not complain either ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
08/31/2015 6:12 p.m.

I have +/- a couple of years with the expert and the only complaint is that it does not allow changing a data entry that you have made yourself.For the rest it is totally correct if you adjust the parameters well, and attribute to carbohydrate account.

ref666's profile photo
ref666
07/14/2016 12:37 a.m.

martina said:
good,

Does anyone have experience with the ACCU-CHECK Aviva Expert glucometer?It is from Roche and calculates the insulin dose to be supplied as well as active insulin.In some threads I have noticed reluctance to the glucometers of Roche and this ACCU-Chek uses the same strips as the Aviva, the Aviva Nano and the Aviva Combo.
I have seen a thread where details about this glucometer are given but I have not read about the experience of its use.

Reluctance why there is contest and change the strips.In Aragon to be able to use Accuccek strips you have to have the expert and give it to you in the Department of Endocrinology ... if you get it x your own means do not recognize the right to give you the strips .....Because it is for patients type1 ......
The Nano goes great

Lupitina's profile photo
Lupitina
07/27/2016 11:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.