Minibolis?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/16/2012 1:56 p.m.

Hello everyone, I just found this page and I have decided to register

I am a 46 -year -old boy -type 1 boy who is with Lantus and Novorapid.The lantus injects it before eating and quickly before each meal.

Although these feathers are very practical and comfortable, they are not easy to wear for a boy (a girl can carry them in a bag) especially now in summer that you do not wear a jacket, I have to take them in the pocket of the pants, withwhich in the end end up making a hole in their pocket.I guess there will be no alternative that occupies less space.Does anyone happen to anyone?

I do not know, any laboratory has come up with the idea of ​​taking over some minis or other media bowling (for example a small ball that will be loaded with some insulin container) for when one is away from home and the bowling alley (although althoughThey are manageable) they are a gain when carrying them in the pockets.

Thank you so much

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/16/2012 1:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is not a bad idea, of course ... I have not seen any prototype like this.
It is a matter that manufacturers are raised ... because they have patented not only insulin, but the design of feathers: shock:

Although you have to carry the meter, the needles ...
I always carry a bag, I take this opportunity to put cookies, Glucosport and 254785236 more: Oops :: oops:

I am that without the meter I am nobody:?, so "I mandatory" I am loaded ... with the bomb, I almost have more load ... If I'm going to be one day or I move quite far from my house, the truth is that I take almost a wagon:it

DiabetesForo
08/16/2012 2:24 p.m.

I guess you will be a woman, right?(Because you have a bag) I still don't know you.When I go out there I don't go out with a meter or anything.I usually have the NIVs well controlled and for one night I will not do control.Another thing is when I am on a tour of tourism that changes the routine you can have when you are at home.And then if I go with something

Come on, it bothers me until I wear the ball in my pocket,:-/

DiabetesForo
08/16/2012 2:32 p.m.

Well, I have my female side: Mrgreen: but for now I am a boy.:))

There are bags for all tastes, a discreet bandole to a bag ... I am halfway, I started with very small shoulders and now I go out with bags: Oops:

DiabetesForo
08/16/2012 2:40 p.m.

Well I have my female side: Mrgreen: but for now I am a boy.:))

There are bags for all tastes, a discreet bandole to a bag ... I am halfway, I started with very small shoulders and now I already go out with bags: oops:

You forgive: Oops: :)

If, of those little ones in the central row they are the one I use when I am in tourof piercing them

DiabetesForo
08/16/2012 2:51 p.m.

there are Owash, I am the same as you, I take my bag everywhere "
My head medical told me that he went to a shicologist who was obsessed with taking the meter and insulin everywhere
And scheme like I live in a small town ... when he sees me with the two dalmatas (one in each hand with the strap and bag hanging by the elbow
He handles his hand, but wants if he walks to my dalmatas is like double sport hehe

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/16/2012 4:49 p.m.

It happens to me like Owash, I don't leave home without the meter, I feel insecure: oops: and when I used bolis I always wore Humalog in the bag in case I had to correct, so I necessarily carry a bag ....I know diabetics that carry the pen in my shirt pocket, as if it were a ball.So if you don't want to wear bag you can wear shirts with pocket, but not carrying the meter ... Ufff ..... I don't think it's the best idea.

DiabetesForo
08/16/2012 5:18 p.m.

Before debuting I always wore backpack, bag, bandit ... I also think I was one of the first to take them in my town.The first was something weird and my wife who at that time was my girlfriend did not want her to take it but as I always don't care what people think .Today I have a great collection hahaha and my wife takes advantage when we take a walk and put everything in my bag so as not to carry her, imagine the changed papers hehehe.

Well, it happens to me as Owash I carry so many things that without the bag I could not and the theme of the Gluco if I could take it in the neck hung.

Quim hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/17/2012 3:58 a.m.

The issue of bags ...
The girls have an arsenal of things….
The truth that boys would also need one, because, between the keys, the iPhone..A things and others ... and also with ours.

I like to go with little weight.It depends on the circumstances, I am going to spend the day or the night out, I take the meter, the insulin, strips..etc ... (in a backpack or in the laptop's briefcase), but not, now that I live in aLittle city and I'm going to eat home daily, I don't usually wear anything (except a couple of cookies in my pocket), and I'm going so comfortable.

Greetings to the forum;)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
08/17/2012 9:01 a.m.

It seems that you are more those you use.In addition to Olmo, is there no one but not carrying a bag and can give us their impressions?
Thank you all for answering

DiabetesForo
08/17/2012 1:29 p.m.

I like to go with little weight.It depends on the circumstances, I am going to spend the day or the night out, I take the meter, the insulin, strips..etc ... (in a backpack or in the laptop's briefcase), but not, now that I live in aLittle city and I'm going to eat home daily, I don't usually wear anything (except a couple of cookies in my pocket), and I'm going so comfortable.

Greetings to the forum;)

Then do not measure yourself in mid -morning and if you have a hyper after breakfast?Do not correct ...... And if you are an unforeseen and you are not going to eat home or you are going to take something before eating ....-/
I work five minutes from my house and I'm going to eat every day but I always wear the meter, when I was not wearing a pump he wore Humalog's pen if I had to correct or something came up and I wasn't going to eat home, in my bagAlways my "pancreas", always ......: d.My diabetes always has to adapt to my rhythm of life, never the other way around.

DiabetesForo
08/17/2012 2:35 p.m.

What you propose is logical, Prado ... I clarify it.:-/
I did not mention that I am still in honeymoon, and that allows me some small freedoms such as forgetting to measure continuously.
At the moment I am only with Lantus and I almost always shed at home.
Obviously with Apidra or the other fast brands there are, it is essential to carry the meter if you want to correctly adjust the doses.

During the time I used Apidra, he carried everything in a backpack to work, and for the rest of the outputs, dinners ... and such, the ball and the meter in a jacket of the hunter or the coat, because with how cluely I am, I would runThe risk of leaving me anywhere.

Anyway, I do not think they take long to leave insulin tablets (oral), with all the advantages it provides (easy to carry, resistance to temperature etc ..) :)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
08/17/2012 6:45 p.m.

I already passed the honeymoon (I've been over eleven years since the debut), but I could not be continuously measuring glucose.The truth is that I go to the endocrine 3 or 4 times a year and I have always maintained glycosylated at optimal levels.

This does not mean that sometimes it is high and other times low (the latter I notice and act accordingly).I usually analyze every 2 days in my house before breakfast, food and dinner, sometimes also at 2 hours after each meal.

It may be that maybe I should analyze myself more often, but I already say that the analytics of every 3 months and what my endocrine says reaffirm me in my customs.It may be that later I have to vary this approach because I get out of the diabetes, I don't know, but until that moment I will take advantage of the moment

DiabetesForo
08/17/2012 8:11 p.m.

If you take it more or less controlled, and you see that glycosylated levels are good, enjoy that freedom, and as you say it take advantage of the moment.

olmo's profile photo
olmo
08/17/2012 8:23 p.m.

JOSELUDI would you mind telling us your glycosilada ???Because there are endocrine that understand by optimal level of glycosilada 8 for example .....;) And what treatment are you carrying ????I see that Lantus and Novorapid, but do you eat the same rations of carbohydrates every day?Do you make a monotonous life?I mean if you always eat at the same time, fixed work schedule ... etc ....
It is that I am surprised that with your treatment you do not need to measure before each meal to know the novorapid units to put.
I always say that it is impossible to have a good hemo without measuring glucose at least before and after each meal, minimum 6 times a day. But of course, it is my opinion and there can always be exceptions.I clarify that for me a good hemo is below 7, in adults.

DiabetesForo
08/18/2012 6:31 a.m.

JOSELUDI WOULD YOU mind telling us your glycosilada ???Because there are endocrine that understand by optimal level of glycosilada 8 for example .....;) And what treatment are you carrying ????I see that Lantus and Novorapid, but do you eat the same rations of carbohydrates every day?Do you make a monotonous life?I mean if you always eat at the same time, fixed work schedule ... etc ....
It is that I am surprised that with your treatment you do not need to measure before each meal to know the novorapid units to put.
I always say that it is impossible to have a good hemo without measuring glucose at least before and after each meal, minimum 6 times a day. But of course, it is my opinion and there can always be exceptions.I clarify that for me a good hemo is below 7, in adults.

Of course, for example the last analysis on June 6 was at 6, on February 16 was 6.20

At first I used to weigh everything and be more concentrated in the subject of rations, now I do it more or less and I am not very strict.As for the life that I lead, more or less if I have a regular schedule, that also influences that.

I also think that it helps a lot that I usually play sports.I run 3 or 4 days a week about 9 km/day for about 50 minutes.Now I have bought a rowing machine to exercise the upper body (which had it a bit forgetful :)))

I believe that sport is fundamental

DiabetesForo
08/18/2012 8:01 a.m.

I totally agree with you, for me it is also essential to practice sports or do some physical activity such as walking, I already did before having diabetes and I have followed later and I think it helps me a lot to maintain the stability I have.
Congratulations on the hemo !!!!!: D

DiabetesForo
08/18/2012 9:52 a.m.

Yes, you have to practice a sport or do a physical activity according to the conditions of each one, the case is to exercise

DiabetesForo
08/19/2012 7:16 a.m.

Hi Joseludi
Well, it seems super curious as you control your DM.The truth that I would not be dead in a meter.How do you know if you are giving you a descent?I have at least 2 small weekly drops and a psychological separate one, I explain, sometimes I have all the symptoms I look at myself and I am normal.If those psychological descents as hydrates would put me through the clouds.
And the issue of meals, how do you know how much insulin do you have to put on?It is usually true that if you eat the same ration of hydrates it is the same amount of insulin but it is not the same amount if you are before eating 80 or 200.
Hugs to all.Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/20/2012 5:02 a.m.

Good
I cannot leave the house without the kit (meter, strips, insulin ..), although the endocrine told me that he will look at me 3 times, I look six times, before the TB meals it is important to know the insulin that there areWhat to put.On one occasion I forgot the meter at home, I was at work, and my husband who usually runs, brought it to me, hahahaha
Greetingsssssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/20/2012 5:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.