Minibolis?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/16/2012 1:56 p.m.

Well, it seems quite "normal" not to be measured at each meal, I have been epochs that before eating I did not make analysis, because I knew that I always reached less than 100, I did one a week or something and it was alwaysacceptable.Then for dinner it was another issue, because it had more variability (especially if I did some sport) the posts, the basal is well regulated) than the basal) than the pre ... but well it is an opinion.The analyzes that never jumped (jumped) was the morning, after breakfast, dinner and before sleeping (the latter very important to have a good time at night).Well and before running, to avoid some scare than another.Right now I can't jump a single analysis because I'm not stable.
You have to take advantage of the good times, without relaxing too much !!!!

tica's profile photo
tica
08/20/2012 6:35 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

hello Joseludi
Well, it seems super curious as you control your DM.The truth that I would not be dead in a meter.How do you know if you are giving you a descent?I have at least 2 small weekly drops and a psychological separate one, I explain, sometimes I have all the symptoms I look at myself and I am normal.If those psychological descents as hydrates would put me through the clouds.
And the issue of meals, how do you know how much insulin do you have to put on?It is usually true that if you eat the same ration of hydrates it is the same amount of insulin but it is not the same amount if you are before eating 80 or 200.
Hugs to all.Quim

I have more sporadic drops and I notice when I am having it, I do not need a meter.It may be that one day that does not analyze me, I could be in abnormal values, if I have great need to know with certainty, then I analyze at that time.For example that happens when I have sports.

Even so, I believe and maybe I am wrong that the main thing is to have hemoglobin in optimal indices.This will give a global vision of how glucose levels have gone in about 3 months, because it is inevitable that we are ever low and other times high, but if the tonic has been more good time than bad.It is my opinion, of course this when it is controlled diabetes, when not then daily analysis

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/21/2012 12:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, the other day, after so many years with the accusas bag everywhere, look where I can think of taking a step to my dogs without the bag
And on top in a field that nobody usually goes, that day was in a strong and determined plan and all good, until it was weird without the bag the 'weight I always carry
And the doubt of how I would be home with a trembling because of the fear that had a fatal, so I never go out without my things I assure you.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/21/2012 2:34 p.m.

Each one is each and no one is the same, but will it be your something psychological?I don't know a kind of dependence.Hypos are usually detected, hyper no, but I don't think it's comfortable to always be depending on the meter.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
08/21/2012 4:34 p.m.

Precisely because hyperglycemia are difficult to detect is why I measure glycemia, I don't want to spend many hours with high glucose.Dependence???Well, of course, our pancreas does not work well and we have to imitate its function and thanks to the glucometer and insulin, blessed dependence !!!!!!!!!!!!I do not find anything uncomfortable, the uncomfortable would not tell it.

DiabetesForo
08/21/2012 5:16 p.m.

Eyopoplaaaatica I have kept up with not being measured or sika before eating !!And more Eyoplatica even with the "Isn't your something psychological?" We talk about insulin -dependent ????I am clear that they are not comments that they intend to hurt anyone, but they seem to me sayings since the ignorance of how others's diabetes behaves.Since I am with "our friend" I do not know anyone but those who have commented on this forum (and that I try to know how the other sweets act) that the luxury of measuring less than 3 times a day can be allowed ... andThat throwing the very low
I consider something, if everyone was able to notice hypoglycemia, it would not be logical to think that severe hypoglycemia would cease to exist !!!!
In my case I don't separate crazy niiiii from my glucometer !!!I have only a year and peak, I control the food, I control the schedules, I continue on the happy honeymoon and because of it and the lantus ... I have spent practically 10 months every two by three with hypoglycemia and forced to eat betweenhours .If I had not measured before and after each meal and many times between hours ... I don't even think that it would have been between Hiper /Hipposg.
Now continue with the honeymoon ... a rare honeymoon ... I put on Lantus 0 and get up "well" and "well" to meals, novorrapid 4/1/4 depending on what coma.How am I going to know how much to click if I don't measure me?To Tuntunnnn ???
I don't know ..... without more !!Each one who does what is necessary to be able to reach old men in conditions, but of course I do not think it is the best advice not to measure, do not bring the glucometer, or insulin, insulin,
Also with these comments ... how they get to the ears that we would like to arrive that they will end up thinking that we are hypochondriacos and that we click why we are Masiquistas !!... let's miss us.I believe that it is vital to be able to show good control and not suck so frequently what we would like ... to suck, as a minimum.
GREETING P ALL /AS

By the way ... the minibolis would be great !!and a mini glucelometro, a more concentrated juice minibric .... hahahaha

Nisa's profile photo
Nisa
10/02/2012 3:11 p.m.

I loved the idea of ​​Minibolis.I will comment to the people of the sector with whom I have contact.It is a fucking idea.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/11/2012 12:29 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I think I remember that the design of the feathers is patented ... so it should necessarily be negotiated with Mr.noordisk, Mr. Lilly or Mrs. Sanofi (sexes of owners put at random).

I mean that insulin Levemir, for example, cannot be marketed in another format that is not the one registered by Novonordisk.
At least until the patent lasts.
Or that's what I understand.

DiabetesForo
10/11/2012 4:10 p.m.

I return to the topic that started a long time ago.

I think we all have a reason in our comments.I explain, when I started the thread I had less time and I did not miss so many controls and it was not so necessary to take the meter everywhere.
Now the endocrine has told me to increase the measurements because they are no longer the numbers so good (apart from the fact that I went to run and I have been injured almost a year).

My question is what kind of bag you carry, can you indicate links to photos of some that are but those, similar to those you have?And another way, how do you analyze when you are, with people in front, more discreet sites?It is that I am shame with the pot in a place that is not in my house.

DiabetesForo
08/02/2013 6 p.m.

I measure myself anywhere, where I am, I am not ashamed, I have never hidden to click with the feathers, or to measure myself .....

DiabetesForo
08/03/2013 6:23 a.m.

If I am in a restaurant or bar, I usually go to the sink, on the one hand it is comfortable for me to use a meter, pen and write down, on the other, I think there are people who do not know the issue, who can be apprehensive to the blood, etc....

On some occasions, I use it discreetly where this (the street, table restaurant, car, etc ...), without further ado, it is better if you have some privacy, but if it is not possible, it should not hide it either.\: D/

fer's profile photo
fer
08/03/2013 7:06 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello!

I also like the proposal of the Minibolis, although I do have to eat I also carry the meter.I never inject insulin without knowing how I am, although 98% of the time I am in adequate values ​​and I do not need to rectify the usual dose.

I don't carry the meter either if I have not planned to eat the hours I am away from home.I carry cookies, water and sugar.Sometimes only 2 lumps of sugar in the small tejan bag when I'm going to make a message in the neighborhood.I'm still of honeymoon and I have very few hypos a year and when I have them I notice them right away, so for the moment I can leave home without the meter unless I have to be out many hours.

Ah!I also prefer to click on the toilets.I do not think it is very pleasant to see how another person is click, and there are people who have authentic panic to the blood and/or the needles and you can make them have a hard time without pretending.

Greetings!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
08/05/2013 8:06 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

I measure myself where this, and until two weeks ago I was with Bolis, I also click me without worrying ... when I was going to eat with coworkers, even sometimes they asked me if I had already punctured me or they found out ...I guess that is already each or with the naturalness that does it ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/05/2013 8:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

It would not be bad about the Minibolis and also if we give the idea to pharmaceutical companies, they will surely patent it to sell more.
As for looking at the glycemia in public, I usually go to a bath to do it and I have an anecdote from years ago when I entered a public bathroom from a bus station and to enter the closed bathrooms, it had to beput the typical 100 pesetas currency in the slot to open the door;I was going to put the coin but I had no "loose" so I decided to go a little towards a corner to click.Then he saw me a Chabal of about 12 years to click on the belly, looked at me with a scare face and ran away leaving the 100 pesetas put at the door where he had been.Surely I thought "a drug trafficking" and ran.
It was very funny, I didn't take it badly.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/19/2013 7:08 a.m.

I am considering buying a bandit, so far I have not used any.But the natural evolution of this disease and the advice of my endocrine that if I should take it, it has made me change your mind.

What do you think of this?:

Link

It is special for diabetics.

Do you carry a special or anyone?I imagine you will carry a bandit does not specify.In that case, what do you value?Many compartments?That you have one more compartment by hand for the glucometer?, Etc.

I am about to buy this, but I prefer to hear opinions of you who have more experience than me in this.

Thank you

DiabetesForo
10/09/2013 8:10 p.m.

This xula but it is not necessary to specify for diabetics, anywhere there are bandits of that style
I carry everything together in a bag, the compartments is not bad peri if you have few things with one or two.
All the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
10/09/2013 9:23 p.m.

I am not diabetic but I always carry a bag.My diabetic son of course too.
That what you show, Joseludi, seems uncomfortable for the flap that he has.Have to lift it to get something ... Puff.A zipper up for the large part and a smaller in front compartment with another zip and point.
Something like this but smaller: Link

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/10/2013 2:22 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I had thought that instead of carrying the glycometer wallet with it and all strips, needles and others, and all this inside the bandit, carrying everything separated in the same bandole.

DiabetesForo
10/10/2013 2:39 p.m.

Aaandres said:
I am not diabetic but I always carry a bag.My diabetic son of course too.
That what you show, Joseludi, seems uncomfortable for the flap that he has.Have to lift it to get something ... Puff.A zipper up for the large part and a smaller in front compartment with another zip and point.
Something like this but smaller: Link

Good Aaandres observation.Perhaps it is a bit uncomfortable, apart from the fact that you may have to open the zipper completely to get to the glucometer below.

Maybe I have to bring me closer to some place where they have a lot of bandits to see them myself.

It is what you have to live in a not very big town.

DiabetesForo
10/10/2013 2:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.