{'en': 'Honeymoon', 'es': 'Luna de miel'} Image

Honeymoon

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/15/2012 3:31 a.m.

Hello!,

Looking on the Internet and reading the forum I have seen that the "honeymoon" in diabetes is discussed.

In an article I have literally read: "In the field of diabetes, the honeymoon is a period in which the disease" is over rails. "

Doctors give him that name because one feels like on a honeymoon of a newly married.There is a decrease in the daily need for insulin.

It is like the pancreas begins to produce better levels of insulin causing one to require less dose.This phenomenon is momentary, it lasts an indeterminate period of time and then the disease continues to evolve. "

Do you really believe that it is only a momentary period of time?How long does it usually last?

So what are the multiple controls and sacrifices that we make to maintain the right levels?

As I told you, I found out about my diabetic status four months ago.

I had a 9.4 glisada hemoglobin and, now, 6.2 in my last control;It is assumed that in a time, more or less long, the effort will be useless and I will have to return to the punctures ..... !!!!! the truth that is discouraging!

Thanks in advance!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/15/2012 3:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I continue on honeymoon after almost 17 months.I take it as a vacation and take advantage of it to learn how my body works.Clicking or controlling it already does it like a routine, it doesn't bother me.But I have assumed that not my values ​​will always be so good, nor will my life be the same as before.

DiabetesForo
10/15/2012 5:56 a.m.

<Blockquote GARA "" = "" REL = "" Do you really believe that it is only a momentary period of time?.How long does it usually last?
So what are the multiple controls and sacrifices that we make to maintain the right levels?
As I told you, I found out about my diabetic status four months ago.I had a 9.4 glisada hemoglobin and, now, 6.2 in my last control;It is assumed that in a time, more or less long, the effort will be useless and I will have to return to the punctures ..... !!!!! the truth is discouraging!

Of course, it is temporary, the duration depends on each one and what you take care of.The effort will never be useless, the more you take care of the honeymoon.This time should serve to learn.
And do not forget that when you finish the honeymoon, the effort to take care of you as well as possible will be beneficial for you, for your health.

DiabetesForo
10/15/2012 6:09 a.m.

In type 2 diabetes there is no honeymoon.

The pancreas, like every body of the body, has a maximum functioning capacity ... if we continuously force it, it ends up resenting and working worse.
In the case of the pancreas, or the endocrine system (because in type 2 it is somewhat more complex and with more factors), that happens.
For a while we force the pancreas to work much more, we squeeze it, we take almost everything it has.

In the case of type 1, if the diagnosis is early, it is insulin (normally basal) and the pancreas can work much less with the minimal reserves that they have left (until they are exhausted ... and that is measured with the peptideC).
It is a matter of time, some more and others less, that the reserves end up exhausting ... except in cases of lada diabetes that can have more time that honeymoon.

In the case of type 2, the work overload to the pancreas (obesity, sedentary lifestyle) makes it work above its possibilities and does not yield what we ask.
When these conditions are reduced and we do not ask the pancreas so much, it can normally function and be in normal values ​​or close to normal.

DiabetesForo
10/15/2012 2:34 p.m.

Thank you all for your answers;This is being learning all day and taking care of many things and giving thanks from what could be and did not happen at the end.I explain myself, I was detected the diabetes after an emergency hospital admission for a spill;The analytics came out totally anarchic.Cholesterol around 600, triglycerides in the extrarato, 130 pulsations at rest, 24 tension, fatty liver, glucose or count ... told me the doctor who had rarely seen such bad analysis in a young person and that there werestate in the border well of a stroke or a heart attack.The truth left me perplexed;If I am only 49 years old .... yesterday, in the gym I met a boy, 35 years old, who had just suffered a stroke 4 months ago and, although he had partially recovered mobility, he lacked force throughout the right side.When talking to him, he told me the data of his analytical, blood pressure, were the same as those I had, that he had never gone to the doctor (just like me), that an analytical had never been made (idem of the same).... at that moment I gave thanks for what could have been and, finally, it wasn't.

DiabetesForo
10/16/2012 3:31 a.m.

Hello everyone, Hello Gara!
Possibly my situation is similar to yours, diabetes may even save my life, because I did not pay attention to my health (I have never smoked, or drink high -graduation alcohol) but I had my diet very careless, work schedules, work schedulesDementials, continuous trips, and an insufferable level of stress (in fact I think that diabetes arose to me that ... in short ...), I had the profile of a perfect candidate for a heart attack.

I still have a honeymoon, two and a half years have passed since the weak, with good control, exercise, healthy diet, but from time to time, I jump it, putting the corresponding insulin dose ... and otherwise,Letting life enter me, without worrying too much about trying to have everything under absolute control, it is a loss of energy unnecessary and wears out a lot.

I also have assumed that sooner or later, I will need to prick again, but I see it as one more habit, just like daily toilet, I do more harm by springing to me clicking :))

Much gara, since life continues to give us opportunities, enjoy the day to day without thinking when you finish the honeymoon, have a state of relaxed and serene encouragement helps a lot.: D

Greetings to the forum !!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
10/27/2012 7:46 p.m.

Owash said:
In type 2 diabetes there is no honeymoon.

The pancreas, like every body of the body, has a maximum functioning capacity ... if we continuously force it, it ends up resenting and working worse.
In the case of the pancreas, or the endocrine system (because in type 2 it is somewhat more complex and with more factors), that happens.
For a while we force the pancreas to work much more, we squeeze it, we take almost everything it has.

In the case of type 1, if the diagnosis is early, it is insulin (normally basal) and the pancreas can work much less with the minimal reserves that they have left (until they are exhausted ... and that is measured with the peptideC).
It is a matter of time, some more and others less, that the reserves end up exhausting ... except in cases of lada diabetes that can have more time that honeymoon.

In the case of type 2, the work overload to the pancreas (obesity, sedentary lifestyle) makes it work above its possibilities and does not yield what we ask.
When these conditions are reduced and we do not ask the pancreas so much, it can work normally and be in normal values ​​or close to normal.
OWARS I HAVE LADA DIABETES
In August I went to the doctor because I was wrong and had 400 from
Glucose and first I was treated with pills and lantus and on the next visit to the endocrine he told me some of the pancreas antibodies and what was I imagined that it is
Lada.I don't understand the honeymoon but I see that you know a lot.I apreciate it.

DiabetesForo
09/26/2015 11:29 a.m.

gara said:
Thank you all for your answers;This is being learning all day and taking care of many things and giving thanks from what could be and did not happen at the end.I explain myself, I was detected the diabetes after an emergency hospital admission for a spill;The analytics came out totally anarchic.Cholesterol around 600, triglycerides in the extrarato, 130 pulsations at rest, 24 tension, fatty liver, glucose or count ... told me the doctor who had rarely seen such bad analysis in a young person and that there werestate in the border well of a stroke or a heart attack.The truth left me perplexed;If I am only 49 years old .... yesterday, in the gym I met a boy, 35 years old, who had just suffered a stroke 4 months ago and, although he had partially recovered mobility, he lacked force throughout the right side.When talking to him, he told me the data of his analytical, blood pressure, were the same as those I had, that he had never gone to the doctor (just like me), that an analytical had never been made (idem of the same).... at that time I gave thanks for what could have been and, finally, it wasn't.

GAR I don't know if you read this because apart from new diabetes I am also in the handling of forums.They also told you that it was Lada.Thank you so much.

DiabetesForo
09/26/2015 11:41 a.m.

@Aliciaalicia, to be Lada you have to confirm through a genetic study.And yes, there are diabetics 1 without antibodies.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/29/2015 5:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Pochola when I have my next appointment I ask the endocrine if it is lada because he said is diabetes 1 and the antibodies.Thanks Pochola.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 5:20 p.m.

One moment, Pochola.I have diagnosed me diabetes lada based (I think) in the age of debut (51), and in the presence of antibodies.May I know have not done any genetic study.Am I missing something?

litiño's profile photo
litiño
09/30/2015 9:43 a.m.

Alicia, you don't need to repeat the text .., comment and send, which is shorter ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2015 4:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Litiño, the lada can be worthy with the antibodies alone. If there is no abrupt debut.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2015 4:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Litiño Yes, forgive that I was referring to the Mody, ^ :) ^ not to the lada.The lad is how you have also said the call and typical between 25 and 50

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/30/2015 5:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Then mine is safe first they thought it was 2 and then it was confirmed that it was lada for age and antibodies.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 5:41 p.m.

And they took my pills and I was left alone with Lantus.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 5:42 p.m.

Thanks Regina if so is better.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 5:43 p.m.

Well, I have doubts here.They told me last week that I am in that period because my pancreas still works for yours but I have my routine to prick and others and I do not leave the parameters almost never established.When I finish, will they get out of me?Will I need more insulin?Is the end of the honeymoon with some radical abrupt change?

pike's profile photo
pike
10/06/2015 3:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Normally what happens is that little by little you will need more insulin

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/06/2015 3:47 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

pike said:
Well I have doubts here.They told me last week that I am in that period because my pancreas still works for yours but I have my routine to prick and others and I do not leave the parameters almost never established.When I finish, will they get out of me?Will I need more insulin?Is the end of the honeymoon with some radical abrupt change?

I have the same question after 15 months ... According to my endo I remain in honeymoon and can last up to 5 years but I have slow and fast insulin protocol.Isn't much 5 years?

If I have antibodies, in the first analysis I came out and confirmed Mellitus 1 but they have not told me variants of diabetes, if they told me it was weird at my age for spending 40 and being thin and not obese.Next month I ask to see what variant they declare me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/18/2016 1:46 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.