{'en': 'Honeymoon', 'es': 'Luna de miel'} Image

Honeymoon

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/15/2012 3:31 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am new in this.I am on a honeymoon since February 2014 and now I have been raising the values ​​a lot and I do not stop raising doses (self -adjusting) quickly.I am very worried, can someone tell me if the honeymoon ends progressively or if it ended?

Goichene's profile photo
Goichene
08/11/2016 12:16 p.m.

DM1 (desde 2014)
Novorrapid (3-3-2-3) levemir 10

PF, Q lio.I am also presented with doubts, since here the majority talk about what you have no insulin to prick during the honeymoon, I are supposed to be honeymoon and I go with insulin (fast and slow, and quite).I scare me how much I will have to put on then when I run out ...
On the other hand, what @ruthbia commented that I think a long time ago, that it is rare that I debuted without obesity ... They told me that type 1 had nothing to do with fatness, and that they did not know why it occurred...

Well, even if the post is old to see if it serves to refloat and clarify doubts

Greetings!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/11/2016 12:48 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Miexron I have already come out of doubt.On the honeymoon there are people who can arrive (and I say they can) not to prick anything but as they explained to me, those who click, are tiny amounts and we are usually very stable without shocks because of that, by the honeymoon.
When it ends, apart from climbing the doses, the hypos occur more quickly, I now see them coming because glucose lows me little by little (if I do not do strong sport), out of the honeymoon, it must be veryfast.

The obesity is that the endocrine of emergency that attended me told me that it is usual for obese people to develop diabetes at any age, and if they put themselves to plan and lose, they stop being in many cases.He came to see the emergency boxes thinking of seeing a chubby woman, about 40 and got a surprise.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2016 1:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My daughter did not have a honeymoon, went directly from the debut to the syringe and with black leg hypers and hypers.I imagine that this means that when he debuted with two years, his body would have been (who knows if years) with the Locuelo immune system and with glycemia surely already altered but without symptoms ...)

With respect to the types of diabetes, the more I read the more I realize that diabetes is a fucking enigma even for doctors, in addition to those who are already familiar to us DT 1, dt 2, gestational and lada, there are monogenic diabetes forGive and take, mitochondrial, neonatals, more than seven types of modys, in some antibodies appear, in others no ... I see that many doctors are not able to correctly diagnose the type of diabetes and Q high percentages of erroneous diagnoses are calculated with erroneous diagnoses withtreatments that are not correct ...
And on top of many type 2 diabetics, which are not even type 2 but are ladHard doctor ....

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/11/2016 3:37 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thanks for the comment @ruthbia!And I thought that I already put a lot of insulin, I will have to see later ... hehe.What a bad vault of the most abrupt hypos, I suppose it will be partly because by putting more insulin you have to be more careful ...

And in the types of diabetes and that is an enigma ... I agree of course.Because each doctor says a different thing, some that can be due to genetics, others that only type 2 of related to obesity, others that type 1 never develop after 30, and others seem more sincere and say they do not haveNo idea why type 1 develops (the case of my endocrine).
Anyway, to see if they clarify over time ...

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/12/2016 9:57 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

In children there is usually no honeymoon.It is a fulminant autoimmune attack.
Type1 are usually abrupt debut, although in adults it is something different.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/12/2016 11:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello good.I am new here and the truth is that quite ride.Last year I had gestational diabetes, the truth is that it was difficult to control glucose so I ended up clicking quick insulin.Supposedly the diabetes had to have gone after giving birth, in fact I repeated the two -hour glucose curve twice.This year they repeated it again by chance, since I participated in a clinical study during pregnancy.I was quite confident and the truth is that it surprised me a lot when they told me that the result was not good since you had come out and slightly higher, but very little for what would probably be intolerant to glucose.I was referred to the endocrine, until that visit I was controlling the glucose and the truth is that it gave me something high after eating, but well at most 170 I already say maximum thing between 120 and 170, which I suppose it is high.At first the endocrine did not give much importance and said that perhaps in the future you develop type two diabetes, but then I review my history and told me that I had the low pancreatic reserve and also had antibodies in the pancreas with which I had all the ballots ofDevelop type one diabetes.At the moment I have removed my sweets and hydrates and told me to control the sugar for a month and then decide if it gives me insulin.The truth is that I do not find out about anything because if I still have a pancreatic reservation I say that insulin will not need.Also since I make this diet the records are quite well, very high has given me 165 two hours after eating.I also did not know that after a pregnancy you could be type one diabetes, as you see I am quite lost.No one in my family is diabetic, in fact I do not know anyone with this disease.I try for the gallery not to give importance but the truth is that sweet is what I like most in the world and I don't know how I will be able to give up my whole life.Could it be that I have abused you, that's why I have made me diabetic?Sorry if I roll up or if I'm asking barbarities, but I don't know who to go and I need to clarify all the doubts I have now.Thanks in advance.In case it serves I am 35 years old, I measure 1 m 65 and weight 50 kilos.I like sweet but I must recognize that my eating habits are quite healthy, I have low cholesterol and good cholesterol very high since I practically follow a vegetarian diet.The only thing that fails me is that I do not practice much sport although it does.

Zate's profile photo
Zate
10/27/2016 7:19 p.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

I reopen this post, my son has been diagnosed with diabetes for 4 years and has been in which he seems to need less insulin.Can it be that the honeymoon period is appearing?Doesn't this period begin immediately after diagnosis?We are a bit confused

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/14/2017 9:13 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

In children it can be related to growth.My daughter had days to need less insulin just before having to start up.
You have to follow the trend and adapt doses, that children are very variable.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/15/2017 12:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Forgive my mistake.I put 4 years instead of 4 months that is when they were diagnosed

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/15/2017 9:48 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Good afternoon a question in this face can be to the point of believe that you are not diabetic because if I have values ​​of 300 and 200haora I am practically 90a100 the maximum 110 even two hours after eating I was diagnosed on February 1, 2018 and with a debut on February 4, 2018 with460 And the treatment that I have is toujeo10 I have lost from Entoce 15kilo and I don't even think

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
04/19/2018 6:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.