I need help

NAPA's profile photo   02/27/2015 4:21 p.m.

Regina, the Lantus we put it from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., currently 11 units.

NAPA's profile photo
NAPA
03/16/2015 12:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well I am new in these forums, it is my first comment because my son has a plan and each children has a different plan that is calculated by his doctor for his age and weight, to fulfill so that a balance of my child uses 3 different insulins novologOf fast function, Nph Mexclada with Novolog Mas La Lantus that are set in tomorrow and and the school was very well

JESSY2015's profile photo
JESSY2015
04/12/2015 6:25 p.m.

Welcome, Jessy.Where do you live?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/12/2015 7:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The easiest thing to calculate how much effective has 1 fast insulin unit is simple.When it is high, points the measure, put a unit and wait between 2 and a half hours and 3 hours.Measure again and you will have more or less the effectiveness of resistance.None body the same, no matter how much they tell you that x glucose is low with 1 unit is a lie.You can only know that way.It also ensures that it does not move or that it does not perform much physical activity in that exhaustion, because it will give unreal values ​​since it will burn part of the glucose with the exercise.Once this measure is caught, it is easy to correct according to needs (extra school activity, if you are going to do your homework etc)

Mandril88's profile photo
Mandril88
04/23/2015 9:32 a.m.

jconegar said:
regina said:
you have to look at how much glucose is an insulin unit, and so you can correct it when it is high.
An insulin unit usually goes down 50 glucose units, but in children insulin makes more effect.
Look to see if it is low at 3 in the morning, because if you have nocturnal hypos, it may be better to put the lantus at another time.

To my equal 1 you of Humalog/Humaject about 50 mg I low

The formula is very simple ... all the doses of all the insulins that you usually administer over an ordinary day are added.What lowers you 1 insulin unit is usually 1800 / among that amount that you add.

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/03/2015 2:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.