Some doubts about the Dexcom G4 Platinum

Jesule83's profile photo   03/27/2015 11:03 a.m.

Very good.I have decided that I want to buy a constant measurement glucometer (I think they are called that).
At first I thought of a free freestyle (in fact I have one request on the way) but in recent days I have read enough about the Dexcom G4 Platinum and the truth is that it seems much better than free (I suppose that everyone will have an opinion).
The fact is that I have contacted the brand and has given me a series of prices that seem a bit excessive: 1300 euros the equipment and 340 euros the box with 4 sensors. In addition, theTransmitter lasts about 6 months and I suppose the change will not be cheap. Are these correct prices?Is there no way to get it cheaper?

It is assumed that the duration of the patch is 7 days but, Can you extend your life more to save some money?

I also have the doubt of if there is another glucometer of this type with a more adjusted price.of free that opinions are diverse) and the issue of alarms programmed for hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.If there was a team with these characteristics and at a better price, I would not mind opting for it.

Finally, I also wanted to ask you something that worries me a bit about the Dexcom G4 Platinum and is to know if new models such as the G5 or the G4 Share will come out, if they will leave aside the Platinum And there will come a time when they will no longer sell their spare parts and play the investment again.

It is a pity that this type of devices does not enter social security because the truth is that our day to day must facilitate.But well, we will have to move on.

I await your answer (I have put my doubts in bold) and I send a big greeting to all the friends of the forum.

Jesule

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/27/2015 11:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Jesule83
The 1st is called a continuous glucose meter and if unfortunately prices are correct.
Although you can get a 2nd hand receiver, in this forum they are ever announced but the transmitter will have to buy it from the Ñaborratory, if it serves as comfort to me the transmitter has lasted a year.
2º About the sensors .. They are guaranteed for a week although they usually last 2 without problems, I particularly last for a month, it has ever been a little more (34 days) and once 3 weeks, it already depends on each bodyOr do I know why that is the incognita that we use the Dexcom we have, what depends on more or less?
3 about whether they are going to get another model .. When I bought it they told me that they did not have it planned until the end of 2016- Principles 2017, and that they would no longer carry a receiver if not directly to the mobile, I do not know the same way they get ahead because the prototypesWe have already seen them.
There is another MCG, from Mectronic but the sensors come out more expensive and last less, I tried and I did not convince me.
I do not know what else to tell you, I have been with him for a year and a half, I have tried the free and I particularly do not change, for me it is very important the issue of alarms especially at night, which finally quiet is when it is more downThey give me.
If you have more questions, here we are !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/27/2015 11:25 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hi Jesule83,

As Gala indicates I have been with the Dexcom for 2 months and I bought it second hand thanks to an advertisement of this forum, at this time the first sensor lasted 32 days and this I have been wearing 20 days and in principle I hopeThat a few more.

The sensors obviously have to buy them at home and the price is the one you indicate.
For me night alarms in a blessing!After several scares I sleep calmly and do not worry that if the alarm sounds, you wake up sure.

Any more questions here are.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
03/27/2015 2:40 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

lauriki said:
... the first sensor lasted me 32 days and I took it 20 days ...

@lauriki, how do you get you lasting so long? Doesn't the patch fall?, with which you fix it?

Thank you!

fermod's profile photo
fermod
03/27/2015 3:29 p.m.

You have to put an extra dressing, I use Hydrofilm, which is an impermeable and transparent dressing, very finite

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/27/2015 6:07 p.m.

Hello good,
In the hospital they have told me that the life of the receiver is just over 1 year.You know if it is correct.If so, wouldn't it have a 2 -year minimal guarantee by law?

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
03/27/2015 7:43 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Other data that I see interesting, the prices you have placed I think are without VAT.
In their day they sent me budget and they are the same but I also ask for the price without pack in case it spoils or how much the Issuer I receiver is worth separately.The prices that passed me are:
Receiver - € 595 + VAT
Issuer - € 392 + VAT

A shame that is not more economical, if I did not send to take for Cu ... to the Freestyle waiting list.

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
03/27/2015 8:06 p.m.

Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

gala said:
You have to put an extra dressing, I use hydrofilm, which is a waterproof and transparent dressing, very finite

Gala cover all the issuer or only the part of the aposty that it carries?

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
03/27/2015 8:08 p.m.

Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Thank you very much for the answers.Sorry for not answering before but I was at work and I just arrived.
The truth is that it is a stuff that is so expensive but the truth is that the device is milk.

In case you are interested, I asked him by email if once they took out the new model they would leave the G4 obsolete and stop manufacturing their spare parts.I copy you as the answer:

In Spain, the Dexcom Share will not be launched, the Dexcom G5 that we hope is available for the month of September will be directly.The G5 system will use the same sensors as the G4, the transmitter will be different and the receiver may be or the G5 receptor itself or a compatible smart phone.G4 users will continue to have support and consumables.If a G4 user wants to go to G5, he will only have to change the transmitter.

Perhaps, and I say perhaps because this are already my assumptions, with the new model, to be able to use the smartphone as a receiver, the price of the initial kit is more affordable.The patches and the issuer will follow at the same price but the initial investment may be less if we do not need the receiver.

The truth is that I am made a mess: I want to buy it but the price is almost prohibitive to me ... :-(

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/27/2015 11:39 p.m.

I became the idea that it was as if smoking a pack a day for a year for the initial kit (as many people do) one spend it to kill themselves and others to take care of themselves ...) and then what a smoker spends daily...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/28/2015 2:17 a.m.

CPRINCEP, I whate a little bigger than the one with the sensor and open a window for the emitter but very justice that when I take a shower I do not between the water out there, in the instructions he says that he does not cover the emitter

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/28/2015 2:21 a.m.

gala said:
cPRINPEP, I whateThere, in the instructions he says that he does not cover the issuer

Thanks for the answer, I read it, the sender was not covered but all the forums he had seen covered the sensor.

Greetings

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
03/28/2015 11:49 a.m.

Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Of course, tapas the sensor but you open a little hole for the sender, I call it transmitter but it is the same

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/28/2015 4:22 p.m.

OK thanks

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
03/28/2015 5:42 p.m.

Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

jesule83 said:
very good.I have decided that I want to buy a constant measurement glucometer (I think they are called that).
At first I thought of a free freestyle (in fact I have one request on the way) but in recent days I have read enough about the Dexcom G4 Platinum and the truth is that it seems much better than free (I suppose that everyone will have an opinion).
The fact is that I have contacted the brand and has given me a series of prices that seem a bit excessive: 1300 euros the equipment and 340 euros the box with 4 sensors. In addition, theTransmitter lasts about 6 months and I suppose the change will not be cheap. Are these correct prices?Is there no way to get it cheaper?

It is assumed that the duration of the patch is 7 days but, Can you extend your life more to save some money?

I also have the doubt of if there is another glucometer of this type with a more adjusted price.of free that opinions are diverse) and the issue of alarms programmed for hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.If there was a team with these characteristics and at a better price, I would not mind opting for it.

Finally, I also wanted to ask you something that worries me a bit about the Dexcom G4 Platinum and is to know if new models such as the G5 or the G4 Share will come out, if they will leave aside the Platinum And there will come a time when they will no longer sell their spare parts and play the investment again.

It is a pity that this type of devices does not enter social security because the truth is that our day to day must facilitate.But well, we will have to move on.

I await your answer (I have put my doubts in bold) and I send a big greeting to all the friends of the forum.

Jesule

Good afternoon! If you don't want free, I buy it !!

Noriega's profile photo
Noriega
03/28/2015 5:55 p.m.

At the moment I will try it when I arrive and I think I will wait for September that the new Dexcom comes out to decide if I buy it or I definitely stay with the free.

noriega said:
jesule83 said:
very good.I have decided that I want to buy a constant measurement glucometer (I think they are called that).

Jesule

Good afternoon! If you don't want free, I buy it !!

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/28/2015 11:18 p.m.

Jesule, keep informing us about how he is doing with Free.
Greetings!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/29/2015 11:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

fermod said:

@lauriki, how do you get you lasting so long? Doesn't the patch fall?, with which you fix it?

Thanks!

Hello!!When I wear it, I put on skintac and it lasts 15 days perfect from that day I take off a little above and when I see that it is very detached I put a piece of this: Link

Only in the part that has been taken off, as an annotation and I think it influences I put it in the upper gluteo for me I think it is an area that sweats less and does not bother me, in fact sometimes I forget that I take itPost and I realize when I get up or under my pants.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
03/30/2015 3:11 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

The G5 looks very good: real telemonitorization, absence of receiver, accuracy below 10%... This year we have it for sale in Spain.

As for the price ... that is your main handicap.Or at least it is for the G4, which is considerably greater expense than if we compare it with free.Already with the initial thousand and peak euros we would have for twenty -five free sensors.Without a doubt, the Abbott apparatus is cheaper, although they are not the same, as you will know.

And with regard to G4 Share, it is not going to be sold in Spain.We will directly go from G4 to G5.And my hope (like many of you) is that the absence of the receptor cheales the whole.But in return (I still have no confirmation of this aspect) we will have an issuer that will have to continue throwing in the trash every several months when just changing the battery we could continue with him and save hundreds of euros.What can they charge for a pack that only consists of a emitter and an app for mobile?Well, logic tells us that it should be little.But we will know in a few months ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/30/2015 3:34 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

As soon as I get home and try it, I will tell you results.What a little want to be a little longer!he he

regina said:
jesule, keep informing us of how you do with free.
Greetings!

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/30/2015 4 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.