Some doubts about the Dexcom G4 Platinum

Jesule83's profile photo   03/27/2015 11:03 a.m.

I hope and be cheaper.If the price of the G5 were more affordable, I think I would not hesitate to buy it because that it warns you of the hypos and the hyper and to be able to "forget" of them has to be incredible.

We will be attentive.

Hansolo said:
The G5 looks very good: real telemonitorization, absence of receiver, accuracy below 10%... This year we have it for sale in Spain.

As for the price ... that is your main handicap.Or at least it is for the G4, which is considerably greater expense than if we compare it with free.Already with the initial thousand and peak euros we would have for twenty -five free sensors.Without a doubt, the Abbott apparatus is cheaper, although they are not the same, as you will know.

And with regard to G4 Share, it is not going to be sold in Spain.We will directly go from G4 to G5.And my hope (like many of you) is that the absence of the receptor cheales the whole.But in return (I still have no confirmation of this aspect) we will have an issuer that will have to continue throwing in the trash every several months when just changing the battery we could continue with him and save hundreds of euros.What can they charge for a pack that only consists of a emitter and an app for mobile?Well, logic tells us that it should be little.But we will know in a few months ...

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/30/2015 4:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

lauriki said:

Hello!!When I wear it, I put on skintac and it lasts 15 days perfect from that day I take off a little above and when I see that it is very detached I put a piece of this: Link

Thank you very much @lauriki! I will look for the skintac, I have also seen that there are those who use Fixomull, do you know which one is better?

fermod's profile photo
fermod
03/30/2015 4:16 p.m.

fermod said:
lauriki said:

Hello!!When I wear it, I put on skintac and it lasts 15 days perfect from that day I take off a little above and when I see that it is very detached I put a piece of this: Link

Thank you very much @lauriki! I will look for the skintac, I have also seen that there are those who use Fixomull, do you know which one is better?

You can buy the Skin Tac, I think I remember that the 50 towel box charged me 10 e.It will seem shabby, but I always use it because the sensor responds better, I am with the mania that the more adherence of the sensor goes better, what I do is that when I open the envelope with the wipe I do it for a part carefully, I impregnate mytaking off a little, I open the envelope again and reuse the wipe.
The duration of the sensor depends a lot on where you wear it, although it is discussed that it can only be put in the belly.I have seen on Facebook of American pages and online in places that I would never have imagined to put it on.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/31/2015 12:32 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am convinced that the duration is lighter to the adhesion of the sensor and to the area, the less movement of the area the better, in my x the least is like that (the gut zone moves a lot, you feel, you get up, tours, youAGACHAS ...)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/31/2015 8:41 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

There is no good place, gala.Arm is very exposed (I have lost a sensor for a hook against a door frame and another for hitting a window of a window).But gut also also has its consWhat a bad matter ... in the leg sincerely I do not see it, at least for someone with a moderately active life ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/31/2015 12:41 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Tomorrow my free freestyle gets and I don't know what to buy to cover it and have it more protected.Which one do you use?I have seen some brand in the thread but I don't know which one is better or worse.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/31/2015 2:06 p.m.

I use the free -leg free sensor (thigh, front) and I do very well, and it is much more comfortable for everything ... I don't have to be aware of the frames of the door and sleep quieter (because unconsciouslyHe always slept on the side of the other arm).

Laire's profile photo
Laire
03/31/2015 3:30 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

I carry the sensor on the side at the height of the bra, in fact I cover it with him, there are not wiggled, they normally last for a month, some more days.
I cover it with Hydrofilm, it is transparent and waterproof

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/31/2015 7:18 p.m.

A question, aren't you supposed to go on the back of the arm yes or yes?(I speak of free freestyle).
Mine has come to me today but since I had to come to Curro, it has not given me time to see it.I am even a little nervous and everything to see how I wear it, where and how I protect it ... Ainss !!

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/31/2015 10:42 p.m.

Well, after having tried several areas, determined especially under the axila at chest height that has been impossible, I have decided that for now in the upper part of the butt that always lasts 3 weeks and even 2 or 3 days more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/31/2015 10:43 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

You are very little jconegar, ha ha ha !!;)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/31/2015 10:56 p.m.

I?????Hahaha I would like if when I throw myself into the pool I never drown, the water stays up to my waist, for the float hahaha.If no matter how much I do not under weight, this is a cross not to be able to dive because I do not sink hahaha.In the end I have decided not to put a gala bra because of what they would say in the gym hahaha, as well as to explain that it is for the Dexcom, they would send me to the girl's lockerGirls hahaha

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/31/2015 11 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Uff, I'm not going to give you more ideas, ha ha !!What a danger, ha ha !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/31/2015 11:35 p.m.

jesule83 said:
a doubt, aren't you supposed to go on the back of the arm if or if?(I speak of free freestyle).
Mine has come to me today but since I had to come to Curro, it has not given me time to see it.I am even a little nervous and everything to see how I wear it, where and how I protect it ... ainss !!

It is supposed, just like Dexcom is supposed to only be put in the gut ... :)
You try in your arm to see how you are doing, and when you get more you can change sites and try more.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
03/31/2015 11:59 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

But what is the trick for the sensor to last more
When does the sensor change the sensor and do you go back?I am a retiree and it is very important for me
THANK YOU

tantra's profile photo
tantra
12/06/2017 8:55 p.m.

tantra said:
but what is the trick for the sensor to last more
When does the sensor change the sensor and do you go back?I am a retiree and it is very important for me
Thanks & lt;/blockquote

I restart again and that's it,

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
12/06/2017 11:10 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.