{'en': 'Diabetics, discriminated by the administration?', 'es': 'Los diabéticos, ¿discriminados por la Administración?'} Image

Diabetics, discriminated by the administration?

fer's profile photo   03/30/2015 12:38 p.m.

Spaniards with diabetes cannot be police, firefighters, civil guard and even security guards.This is indicated, for example, a standard issued in the 80s, which establishes the medical exclusions table for admission to the National Police Corps.It is, specifically, the order of January 11, 1988.

"The big problem we have is that we continue with tremendously ancient legislation. However, medical, scientific and technological advances have advanced much faster than in legislation," laments the president of the Federation of Spanish Diabetics (Fede), Andoni LorenzoGarmendiaThat is, today a person with diabetes "can make a completely normal life", but not access certain jobs.

The situation is different when a person develops the disease once he already occupies the workplace of the workplace in question.In these cases, a certain paradox is created and Andoni Lorenzo then wonders "whether or not they can" be police.If in these circumstances there have been cases in which the diabetic police officer are maintained in an office job, from Fede they do not understand why they are not allowed to oppose similar positions.

The claims of patients in this regard are not new.In fact, on several occasions there have been cases of people with diabetes who have denounced feeling discriminated from a labor point of view for this reason.In fact, almost ten years ago he took to
Congress of Deputies A non -law proposition in which the Government was invited to change the regulations so as not to harm the diabetics.Moreover, all parliamentary groups supported him, however the Executive did not modify it.

The case of Navarra

Recently, the Parliament of this Autonomous Community has rejected a motion to "eliminate discrimination" of diabetics in access to public employment.It was an initiative that only supported the PSN and the I-E.Given this, the president of Fede explains to Consalud.es that "a politician will not breach the law. That is his argument and before this, patients protest."In fact, he affirms that from the Spanish Diabetics Federation they are going to move, we are going to do something. "

In this way, they have announced that they will take the necessary legal measures to "avoid discrimination of the diabetic collective at work level" in the regional community.Given this problem, Lorenzo Garmendia recalls that in Spain there are more and more cases of diabetes, "almost six million Spaniards and it cannot be that a part of the population, which represents 15%, because it can suffer labor discrimination. It is inadmissible"

Related messages:
Navarra refuses to withdraw the "discrimination" of candidates with opposition diabetes
... Parliament of Navarra has rejected ... a motion to ... "eliminate the discrimination suffered by applicants suffering from diabetes in previous calls in selective personnel processes at the service of the public administrations of Navarra or private companies."
Link
Diabetes: A negative point in the curriculum?
Diabetes can become a barrier when getting a job.Or at least this is reflected in the example offered by the Government of Navarra ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/30/2015 12:38 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I had an illusion that was to be a civil guard.To get rid of the mili I was already caught.
In the end the opposition for the general administration of the State, my faded illusion.That if you see later that there are police that weigh 150 kg and are not able to take care of their profession.
With my dexcom, and the sport I did would hit many police kicks and have not let me be.
Before being diabetic, a 33 % disability is now not undervalued and they do not let you access certain professions.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/31/2015 11:54 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Not certain, many, even in the solutions for the dependent of the English court puts you in small letters: to refrain from chronic patients (diabetics ...), at least it has been thrown out for years and caught my attention

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/01/2015 12:12 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I know the reason: allegedly (I say "allegedly") a chronic patient lacks more times to work for assistance to the doctor ... They do not count the infarctions caused by stress, nor the depressions by mobbing that cause long casualties in the exercise of your lifeprofessional...
That's how we are ...: ((((

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/01/2015 12:45 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Of course, that's why, but I don't know if it will be true that the autonomous are from another species, heh!But I have never lac

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/01/2015 1:04 a.m.

I have either lacked work for diabetes either, I lacked when they operated from appendicitis and when I took away my molars from the jucio so you see ... I have colleagues who escape much more, for any cold they already stay at home

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/01/2015 1:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I return to this thread, because this request against discrimination has come to me.I do not know if it will work, but it is a way of making people see all that this entails.

Link ourselves-en-las-opositions-for-the-stading?reruiter=39441072 & UTM_Source = Share_Petion & UTM_Medium = Copylink

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/28/2015 6:05 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It is a lost battle, I'm afraid, I would fight for economic resources in the Supreme Court, but all losing.

At the moment the most effective is hiding it in the medical examination, I am a firm defender of doing so, it does not seem immoral, immoral is the discimination we suffer.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/28/2015 7:11 p.m.

We are talking about public administration, I don't tell you anything about private companies.With the current laws and with the super medical advances that I have read above, we are nothing luxurious, delighted to have diabetes.manage them as you can amijo

jjvm's profile photo
jjvm
12/28/2015 8:24 p.m.

Neither public administration nor public health protects us as it should be.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/28/2015 10:19 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Well, seeing my own experience doing sports and how of the son ofFuck the plans, or when I was with a girl in bed (whenever we were about to look at me and I was always about to get off, to 79 or so, enough to be afraid all the time but not to take something with something withsugar) or when I am far from a sugary drink, the diabetes itself knows, it detects it and the sugar lowers me and then left a good time.At least that's what my diabetes has always done.

There will be some more stable diabetes in the exercise but for what I have seen and read what happens to me is quite normal.

And that's why I'm not in favor of signing to let diabetics in security forces.Although it is not politically correct to say it and less here, it seems to me the most sensible.

The only good thing to have this crap of the disease was to get rid of the mili but the truth is that I would not have survived the exercises they did a week.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/29/2015 4:13 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I count it well above so as not to go into many details.
I must be one of the few cases (the same) in Spain, local police of a large capital since the age) The medical center left me on the street (patrolling) did not fire me.In 12 years I have not uploaded my 6.9 hemoglobin and without remarkable hypos always with my gels, sugar, Coca Cola in the backpack.The only casualties that I have taken have been by muscle breaks doing sports, that is, nothing related to diabetes and controls tried to do them in my free weeks until I realized that there were people who took hours to make a filling, there I learned quickly and since then all the controls did them in working hours (if healthy people I hurry me with more reason) ...
@Sherpa41 I obviously do not say that it is the most recommended, but I have stopped Maghreb, I have done controls, demonstrations, street and nightclub fights, sporting events with my "sigsauer" and regulatory weapons without any problem, simply carrying control and sensationsthat you would have to have any office work or being at home watching a movie.As they have commented here I have companions with other types of pathologies, cholesterol through the clouds, tension by the clouds, discouragement joints etc, etc., that are in the streets and nothing happens ..
And I don't tell you anything anymore if I had discovered the Dexcom or free a few years ago

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/29/2015 2:58 p.m.

I have a job that legally a diabetic cannot exercise, physically and at the moment any problem.
It is impossible for you to have a hypo working, and when I say impossible it is impossible.As low from 90 I have a clock vibrating.And gels always in the pockets.
There is technology that if we properly use it together with a correct treatment and knowledge of the disease, allows us to perform any work.

@sigsauer If you are already a police officer with the jury position, type1 diabetes is not the cause of service withdrawal, at least in PN and GC.It is only a barrier for opponents.

By the way this year I have approved physical evidence of oppositions with ease, and after the medical examination, so like or not, be legislated or not, I will end up entering.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/29/2015 3:14 p.m.

I am aware that with a jury place and charge they are not going to throw me, I have been as Pol and 12 years with diabetes ..

I am not going to tell you to do it but pass the medical examination in an opposition with a glucose between 75 and 100 mg/dl is quite simple, I have not said anything ...: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/29/2015 3:31 p.m.

No, if I have already done it :))

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/29/2015 3:41 p.m.

Ole your balls !!!!They screwed me up and I could not enter the Civil Guard for having fought from the mili before they always asked for it.
I have been 8 years without saying everything in the controls of the English Court, three in a bank and they have never caught me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/29/2015 5:13 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I have hidden it to the mutual of the SS, so with that I tell you everything because if not, they are all hut and also that you narrate, I took the low by a doll fracture (which for my profession as it is impossibleWork, that if it is a foot or a knee I had not taken me, that I am autonomous and if you do not go, you do not charge) so that for you, they ask me that if I am diabetics?Well, I released a noooooo, like a cathedral, with my nose !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/29/2015 7:27 p.m.

I work the administration, specifically for the IASS, and I have never had any discrimination.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/29/2015 11:43 p.m.

@anaisabel and I am an official of the General State Administration and they have not let me be a civil guard.I would not have been able to have certain jobs, and knowing certain problems that I have to be diabetic I am about to denounce the ministry, for not listening to me or the medical certificates.Of course, this would also happen but it was diabetic but as I am I care more because it is my health.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/30/2015 2:09 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar, I have not said that there are no discrimination.It seems very unfair that because they are diabetics we cannot access all jobs.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/30/2015 9:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.