Medica alert dogs

LAZALOP's profile photo   04/03/2015 10:50 a.m.

Hello very good morning to everyone.
Last Wednesday in Aragoontv they gave a program about medical alert dogs, which was about diabetic dogs.
In case you may interest someone, here are the link where you can see:

Link

I hope you like and serve you.
All the best

LAZALOP's profile photo
LAZALOP
04/03/2015 10:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks for the information.It's good to know ... a hug

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/03/2015 11:29 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

My mother ... I can't believe that this fool is still spinning.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
04/03/2015 2:30 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

laire said:
my mother ... I can't believe that this fool is still circling.

Laire, perhaps for you it is a "silly" but for many others it is not.
Respect the opinions of each one, and to put this comment, better not have done it.
This is the same as blind people, some carry guide dogs and are super happy and others are not the same, it is the same of respectable to each other.
All the best.

LAZALOP's profile photo
LAZALOP
04/05/2015 12:14 a.m.

Dogs train for many things, but to detect hypoglycemia
They are not very trustworthy ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/05/2015 12:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Anyway and whatever its efficacy is undoubtedly the positive is to inform all any novelty or advance in the diabetes theme ... (thanks lazalop).
I ask my Kings (Chuchillo) -hahahaThe family ... (such as accompanying their owners in the grave until the end of their days).
We have Petit (the one in the photo) and when they operated my husband I was looking for him throughout the house thinking that he hid playing.Seeing him, he urinates on the excite
To me that they take me from devices and give me. A dog ... at least balance my blood glucose giving me happiness !!!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/05/2015 12:42 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

@Regina ... the dogs are very intelligent ... if not, the police would not take them to detect drugs .... they detect hypoglycemiah the same ... by smell ....

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/05/2015 12:43 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

regina said:
dogs train for many things, but to detect hypoglycemia
They are not very trustworthy ..

@Regina, have you used any ???
I simply ask to inform me, because you comment that they are not very reliable.
As indicated in the report, if they are, but of course, it is best that someone who has one or has said it (although in the report it is clear that ok work).

LAZALOP's profile photo
LAZALOP
04/05/2015 12:57 a.m.

Vandorta, but it is that a hypoglucemi does not smell like a drug .., well, at least, ours never noticed anything, and that was a tracker, hahaa
I think a continuous meter is more reliable, which is what the SS should finance us.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/05/2015 1 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@regina let's give off sweat that smells .... The same when we have ketoacidosis smells to apple x ahemous

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/05/2015 1:06 a.m.

💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

regina said:
vandorta, but it is that a hypoglucemi does not smell like a drug .., well, at least, ours never noticed anything, and that was a tracker, hahaa
I think a continuous meter is more reliable, which is what the SS should finance ourselves.

@Regina, but ..... have you taken him to adiest them for the hypos ????
Because it is a lot of a tracker, but it is taught ........

LAZALOP's profile photo
LAZALOP
04/05/2015 1:14 a.m.

How good it would be that someone who has such a dog, could explain how it works with objective data, I mean if they do something special when you are below 80?, Or higher than 200? ... for comparing a little with an MCG...

fer's profile photo
fer
04/05/2015 1:17 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

In principle the devices seem more reliable ... but they are reset, they run out of battery, they fail ... yes, you don't have to feed them (the devices sensors cost much more) ... or take them out for a walk (Going down your glycemia with the walk -I take me to walk to Petit and enjoy both -) ... and above all the psychic well -being that pets bring to the human being is demonstrated ...
As for their abilities ... as a good Galician I know cases ... dogs that howl before the next death of a person (I pass my grandmother for example) ... if they intuit death ... they cannot intuit that theirI love (I prefer to call it "Being") is it wrong?(What is different and what speaks badly?) ...
I see it very possible probable ...
I am wrong ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/05/2015 1:17 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

@nina45 my morty when I gave me the hicc

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/05/2015 1:21 a.m.

💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

@Fer I think there are videos on YouTube ... that they bark the person when they are going down and another person does the test and is effectively going down

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/05/2015 1:22 a.m.

💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

In the 2015 Experience Day Diabetes, there was a very interesting presentation. Link

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
04/05/2015 1:24 a.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Looking on Google the history of hashiko (a true case) ... to get stunned :(

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/05/2015 1:38 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

lazalop said:
laire said:
my mother ... I can't believe that I will continue to turn to this fool.

Laire, perhaps for you it is a "silly" but for many others it is not.
Respect the opinions of each one, and to put this comment, better not have done it.
This is the same as blind people, some carry guide dogs and are super happy and others are not the same, it is the same of respectable to each other.
All the best.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I will continue publishing my opinion.

The problem is that a dog is not the solution.Would you be 24 hours a day with him?At work?In the gym?Do you take it to a restaurant too?What if you go on a trip?No.
Instead of a dog, I see a continuous glucose meter much more useful (comparing its functions).More than anything because the dog is not the panacea - video appointments they have put above:
"She is clearly not a glucometer, she simply tells me when I have to use that device."
"It is not worth it, it is worth that after barking I do the test."

Isn't it easier to have a CGM that shows you your glucose at all hours?What even sounds an alarm if you are going down or climbing a lot -which is supposedly what the dog does -?And that above it is only a device that you can carry in your pocket and that, obviously, you can use anywhere.What can be "without batteries"?Well, the dog is a living being, imagine everything that can happen to him.
But come on, on television and in the newspapers, dogs that detect hypoglycemia that the continuous glucose meters are shame out.
That said, whoever wants to have a dog that has it, that gives me the most.But they could give more importance to other more practical things so that all diabetics had access to insulin and CGM pumps.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
04/05/2015 2:19 a.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Already, if they already say it, the news is not that a dog bites a child, but the child bite the dog !! hahaha

The news, like everything in this life, have to be interpreted well, and although the dog clearly does not replace an MCG, the one who has a dog and also has trained what it has more, apart from the good company!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/05/2015 12:45 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Allow me to joke with the situation ...
A dog is better hahaha because every man who louds his wife has been sent for a day to sleep with the dog (truth guys?Hahaha ... instead the dog gives you a little piece of his mantita (ours, everything generous, gives me his bone ... it must be that he sees me "hunger" hahaha)
That each one uses what they want ... if it is doing well !!! ... this is the important thing !!! ... I certainly remain the animal because it gives me a lot of "extras" to the fact of doingSimple alarm ... Of course it is my opinion but in my house our dog is more careful and dear than many children.For next life I ask me to reincarnate in the "petit" !!Ha ha ha
Kisses to all!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/05/2015 3:03 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.