Debutant in type II diabetes

albertsb's profile photo   04/07/2015 11:25 a.m.

Hello everyone:
First of all thank the information extracted from the forum and the comments of all the posts that I have studied.
I am Albert de Barcelona, ​​last Saturday (03/28) for a visit to the emergency department for gastritis in which I tell the emergency doctor, which had also greatly increased water consumption and therefore urination.
They made me a sugar test on the finger which gave a result of 366 at two at night.They repeated the test at 4 hours after administering 20 uds of insulin.Result of 260.
I prescribe metformin one in the morning.And derivation to the header to which I have attended today for the first time.
Since then (on the same day of diagnosis) and with your help and that of several pages and the book by the diabetes, I have made goodness and I have totally changed my diet.I ate excessively, of poor quality and fast and I am obese (100kg/1.72 cm).Now all salad, vegetables, legumes, chicken and nothing at all sugar.And three times in the week 1 hour and a quarter in MTB.The first the thirst and urination have changed.To normal values.I sleep better, without waking up every two hours.I'm deflanding, (my wife and pantry thank you) ...
Even so, the values ​​are 240/200, and after the food of 210/180.I bought a Nano Accouck and the strips of my pocket on the same Sunday that I left the hospital.
On the visit, the metformin has uploaded to two UDS per day and I have a visit with the nurse this afternoon.
I have commented on the meter (to the doctor to teach the values) and he has told me that it is not necessary, that this is only necessary when it is taken insulin or give you hypoglycemia.It is enough, and that it is not necessary to control me.So of all, or meter provided by the S.S.That only give it to patients with insulin.
I just want to control myself properly and set goals.I think minimal should provide me with a reagent box to carry out control, don't you think?Or is it too much to ask.I commented to the nurse this afternoon?
Sorry for the tocho, but I have been reading days and I didn't want to enter without having anything basic.The truth is that I think taking care I can keep it at bay, but I will not stop going to you.Surely it also helps.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/07/2015 11:25 a.m.

Metformina Dianben 850mg mañana/mediodia/tarde
Accucheck Aviva Nano

Hi @albertsb, first of all, welcome to the forum, I have read what you comment here, and I have been surprised by several things, the first is that you are type 2, it is not what I control most, but because of the data you give, to myIt seems to me that being above 200 mg/dl is a lot, although what surprises me most is that they do not give you a meter, or that they tell you that you do not need it, at least, 1 strip a day to see how you have got upOr you're going to sleep, it's the minimum !!

I would buy me a meter (there are 40 euros) and I would measure it regularly, if it can be about 3 times a day, for example before each meal, at least you will be sure that it has lowered you ...

In the forum there are many people with type 2 diabetes who can advise you better, I hope they do it!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/07/2015 3:50 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I bought it Fer.The same day I left the hospital.Let's see this afternoon that the nurse tells me.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/07/2015 4:45 p.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

How old are you?Why have type 1 ruled out?

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/07/2015 7:25 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I have 42. Well, I don't know ...
This afternoon I have been with the nurse.Very nice.I have taught him the glucometer and the seven -day average was 200. I must say that today I have dropped to 180 after the food (2 hours).He has measured me two hours later and 167 with their glucometer.In this week I have lowered weight and little by little hyperglycemia.Only with a metformin in the morning.Now they have put one more at night.I hope to continue going down and improving the bad habits I have maintained for years.If only with the low oral medication at normal values, can it be qualified as type two?The truth is that I have not asked if they ruled out that it was type 1. It is what diagnosed me with good at first.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/07/2015 8:28 p.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

By the way Fer.
The nurse advises me.But if you are type two with medication without danger of glycemia they do not give you.At least in Catalonia.But I have told him that I want to carry some self -control and mark serious objectives and has valued it positively.As well as the attitude I have taken in food and exercise.It has been a bit benevolent.I guess he has seen me overturned in reverse the situation.
I write from the Tablet of the Curro.Sorry if there are fouls.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/07/2015 8:36 p.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

Albert.

With 42 years and overweight, it is normal for type II.But I know type I debutants with thirty -many.
Doctors will know, I say.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/08/2015 9:53 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Thanks Fer and Andres.I have already started with the medication tomorrow and afternoon.Let's see with the diet and exercise if it goes down even little by little.If I do not suppose they will have to value it.Yesterday I had dinner from Brocoli cauliflor and peas (generous pelin yes and what so much to eat today) and a skimmed yogurt with Stevia, I took the metformin of the night and I have risen on an empty stomach to 210 ... it seems that I go downBut slowly.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/08/2015 11:42 a.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

Dear Albert!.It hurts to welcome you ... I am type II, overweight and metformin like you ... I'm also from Barna.I am 47 years ...
It happens to me like you with the strips but for example you can buy them in diabetic associations or internet and it will be cheaper ...
There my post about my diet called "Method of the Plato"I have lost 25 kilos in three years.
In five generations there are 9 diabetics at home.All type two except for my niece that is type I. I have care of two diabetics since I have reason: my mother and my niece (and my grandfather, etc).
Ask me how much you want ... publicly or privately ... Tell me your fears, your doubts, your anguish ... that I listen to you ...
I must tell you that we have made a group of whats app with the collaboration of the forum where we are all kinds of diabetics (there are three people - including type II) and we are mostly Catalan people (although there is everything and we do not discriminate against anyone comes from wherecome).The idea of ​​Whats App is to give psychological help, I encourage such difficult times ... There is talk of everything (diabetes, motorcycles or great brother) ... we intend to be friends with diabetes in common.
Of course ... the use of the Whats App does not supply the forum since here you will find medical information, advances, news, studies, etc.
The Whats App is to listen to you and help you overcome it ...
If you are interested or not ... if you simply want to ask me something in private or. What do you prize write me to petit1991@hotmail.com
You are no longer just Albert.Welcome to this great family ... A hug and make goodness.Nina45

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/09/2015 9:31 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Thanks Nina:
I have read so much and so many posts in the forum in a week, which is almost as if I knew you.I had read the theme of the Whatssap in one of your posts and it seems to me an excellent idea as a complement to the forum.The information would be and recent in the forum, and in the Whatssap the closest issues.At the moment I get along.Unfortunately I am quite selfish with diseases and I monopolize them all (perforated acute diverticulitis, 5 discs and a new protusion, hip resurfacing, degenerative discopathy, osteoarthritis ... etc. So in psychological subject I am lucky to have a characterStrong and cope what I fall out.
Again thank you Nina !!!

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/10/2015 12:13 p.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

Dear Albert ... hahaha my good or bad reputation precedes me hahaha ... I better not ask ... glupps !!
Chico I also have more "things" than diabetes ... among them, like you, hip and osteoarthritis problem ... but I do this so you don't feel alone hahaha and so if we go together to the doctor they make us discountgroup!Hahaha.Yours is beautiful?-Hahaha- Well, I pee you and pa mi !!!Ha ha ha
From the whats app ... I tell you about the Bajini that as "Tica" finds out I release a rapopoly hahaha (it's Tica Muac Bromilla!) ... Let's see ... I need (for mail):
Pila, age, place of origin, type of diabetes, nick in the forum and mobile number
My mail is petit1991@hotmail.com
Also marital status ... This is because I am thinking of setting up a haren (what's the name of men's "Haren"?Ess joke !!!(When you know me you will know that I am very joking hahaha) ...
I really like your positive attitude to your diseases ... who has said cowards, right? ... that certainly extends your life (it is shown that an optimistic attitude can make the difference between life and death - for example in acancer-).That and that lengthens life ... (which is also true).
In the name of the entire Whats App group welcome!We are waiting for you!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 1:31 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Being autonomous without a doubt help !!;)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/10/2015 7:24 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hehehe ... mine is a woman, I will not say how it is, lest my wife change my doctor ... :)) I sign it Nina and I pass the data.Marital status married, and observed shortly with inquisitor eyes.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/10/2015 8:32 p.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

Albert, that glycosylated hemoglobin does not rise from 7. If it can be at 6.5, better.
If you do insulin for it, you put it on and ready.
At the moment it continues to lower weight and with medical control.
A good follow -up with an endocrine is important.
And do not kill you hungry, that there is a rapid insulin ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2015 9:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Albert 100 x 100 according to Regina's advice.
I give you truquillos as for its manufacturing method Dr Montignac (famous for its diet) says that spaghetti rises much less glucose than macaroni.You are right ... proven !!!
Integrals (which provide fiber that relieves the climb) have the same flavor (Cage brand Mercadona or Gallo).
I make the tomato sauce like this: I use half a boat nothing more (less sugar) and hair two natural tomatoes that I let fry (it is greatly great).Eye with the tomato boat without sugar because it has more hydrates than normal (the hydrates are also sugar ... well they become it and you have to observe the labels and compositions when buying ...) ...
Well, little by little I collapse you ...
As for you are married to ... why are all interesting men married or are you gay?Jum Jum ... hahaha is a joke (I'm also married! Hehe).
Enjoy your doctor that if besides being good ... this good !!! ... is a gift for the view!Ha ha ha
A Petonet Molt Fort Company I Bona Nit!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 11:42 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Thanks Regina and Nina
At the moment I still have for the first glycosilada.But I have taken the diet very seriously.And diabetes ... Well, as a wake -up watchman who forces me to lose weight and improve my eating habits.Montignac's book was given to me my mother (I have a mother blessing), being admitted to the H. Clínic on the recommendation of the trauma chief.Dr. Riva.Hence the problem of food with high glycemic indices was clear.At the moment the pasta and rice or smell.And natural tomato.Yesterday I began to have values ​​of 160 when I got up and after the food.Married if ... and as I got a figurine my wife ties me in short.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/11/2015 1:56 p.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

Today 160 again ... is what has a good thing with oneself.A couple of doubts, so far I cleaned my finger with alcohol before the puncture.I see that they recommend just wash it with soap and water.
Discard the first drop?
Do you squeeze or squeeze your finger?
In some places they say they discard the first drop but sometimes it costs me to come out the first ... and that if you squeeze the concentration of glucose increases to the extent.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/13/2015 10:38 a.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

I use the first because two punctures do not come out (besides that it is not necessary).No one among mine does that.And by custom ne ground washed the hands (more hygienic measurement k something else) and for K do not contain dust or something that confuses the result.A kiss

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/13/2015 5:36 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Albert have ruled out type 1 or Lada diabetes, in analyzes

jjvm's profile photo
jjvm
04/14/2015 12:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Tomorrow I have the results of the analysis.But in theory being obese and without loss of weight it should be type two.I have also had several income for.Surgery and it seems to me that they have looked at me sometimes and had not given sugar.Although I am still very first, I am certain of having abused sweets and processed ...: (((((

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/14/2015 4:57 p.m.

Accucheck Aviva Nano

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.