{'en': 'Insulina Novorapid defective?With loss of effectiveness ...', 'es': '¿insulina NOVORAPID defectuosa??  Con pérdida de efectividad...'} Image

Insulina Novorapid defective?With loss of effectiveness ...

josebas's profile photo   04/15/2015 5:51 p.m.

hello,

Have you ever encountered a Box of Insulinas Novorapid that you have noticed that they are not so effective ???

I ask, because my daughter, a season that is always high of glycemia;Until we have reasoned that rapid insulin (USA novorapid and Levemir) did not have so much effect.

It has been to change the box (with a different lot of production) and it seems that it is better, that is, that glycemia goes down more.

Thank you,
Josebas

josebas's profile photo
josebas
04/15/2015 5:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @Josbas, it has never happened to me with an entire box, as you explain, however, I usually wear the fast insulin ball on top, and normally at room temperature, so in summer, when it is more heat it makes, ifI do not go carefully, something similar to what you have explained happens to me, which seems to lose effectiveness.

Surely there are more people in the forum they can tell you, I am also curious about this issue!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/15/2015 6:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have not noticed in my husband because he finishes the feathers quickly.But my son lasts longer to have smaller doses, if it sometimes has happened that he has had inexplicable increases.One of those times I chose to change the pen before modifying the pattern, and it is not always the cause but there have been others that yes.So we decided to change all the bolis the 1 in each month and when it has unjustified increases several days and the pen has a few weeks we have it present X if perhaps.It is true that we notice more in summer.I do not know if it will be like that or not, but it is what we have noticed and with the little prefer we do not risk and go on safe.I don't know if something has happened to someone.The truth that I am curious too

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/16/2015 11:41 a.m.

Well, exactly the same thing you say, caramel.
When we see him very high for no reason, we always end up blaming it to insulin.And then we change, be it from Levemir, be it on Novorapid.And as you say, sometimes it shows difference and sometimes (the many) no.
But come on, that in these 3 years we will have discarded more than one fortnight of feathers!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/16/2015 12:04 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

It happened to my tmb!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/16/2015 12:15 p.m.

My mother also happens to her sometimes, once again that you have to correct it does not take effect.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/16/2015 12:24 p.m.

In addition to heat, I also have to say that stress affects how insulin is assimilated, I would not know if this has a scientific study behind, but at least in my case, it affects and could prove it!:)]

fer's profile photo
fer
04/16/2015 1:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks for the answers, I will take into account the Stress effect ......

josebas's profile photo
josebas
04/21/2015 5:23 p.m.

What I have noticed is that when there is heat, in addition to Novorapid that is the one I use, if I do not remove the air that is formed (it is formed much more than in the fridge), you do not enter as much insulin as it should.

In addition, I have noticed that sometimes when the injection is carried out, the low plunger at a much higher speed and usually have sugar increases.It is as if he had not entered all the insulin that he had had to enter.

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/03/2015 2:09 p.m.

That happens to me, especially when "premiere" the boli, makes a clack that goes down the plunger and leaves you with the unknown of how much insulin will have injected ... I normally wait 2 or 3 hours to see how it evolves, and usuallyTo be a good climb due to lack of insulin, then I purged the ball again and put what I calculate that I will need to go down, a roll, but you have to go on sure, worse it would be to puncture again and have a downturn.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/03/2015 5:23 p.m.

When I shd a Novorapid Boli I purged several times with at least 3 or 4 units, until I see the insulin that I hope I do not inject myself.It involves wasting some insulin units but this is worse for the clouds

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/03/2015 11:48 p.m.

If I spend once in Mexico, the heat bother insulin and injected me and not towards effect.
It was changing cartridge and again well but I rather take a while to realize.
With 36 degrees in the shadow and I with insulin in the backpack as something had to be done and bought the portfolio cold after the trip and already covered for the next one in case the flies.
Again the needle of the ball was covered but I always do the purgation and from there in rather.

DiabetesForo
07/15/2015 5:41 p.m.

fer said:
that happens to me, especially when "premiere" the ball, makes a clack that goes down the plunger and leaves you with the unknown of how much insulin will have injected ... normallyI await 2 or 3 hours to see how it evolves, and it usually is a good climb due to lack of insulin, then I purged the ball again and put what I calculate that I will need to go down, a roll, but you have to go on safe, worseIt would be to click again and have a downturn.

This looks like you don't do the first "shot" of 8 units to prepare the pen.Each pen is supposed to contain 308 units, and the first use of the pen is to put the needle, load 8 units and shoot them in the air, thus "hook" the mechanism for the following punctures.Another thing is the advice to shoot 2 units when you change the needle, for filling the interior of the needle with insulin and not injecting less dose than marks.I don't know if someone will do that.

DiabetesForo
09/04/2017 7 p.m.

I do it @"Juanuisjlpf".
Change the needle in each puncture and purge with 2 units.
I have thrown several feathers because they get stuck.
The plunger does not fall even though there is half of the insulin x spend.
If I have noticed that with heat it makes me less effect but I have it refrigerated all the time at 25 ° C .... it will have to be so.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/04/2017 10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I also waste several units before starting a ball.I did not know that there were 8, I am discarding 2 in 2 until insulin comes out.Then every time I use it I discard a unit or two until I see that it comes out, to purge the needle.
Heat also affects me, makes me less effect in summer.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/05/2017 8:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

My endocrine told me a day that not only includes the temperature at which insulin was exposed (in summer, it goes in a bag and gives it the heat walking, or you leave the backpack in the car while you go to the super ...).The ambient temperature also influences the reaction of the body to the same amount of insulin.What happens is that in summer we tend to move more and one thing can be compensated with another.But if you spend a day doing office work you notice.
Another possibility (I do not want to alarm) is that over time you have developed hypothyroidism.Ours is an immune car, and is often given to attack the thyroid after attacking the pancreas.A TS4 blood analysis will take doubtful.I, as soon as I began to take the hormone in the form of a pill I stopped having those inexplicable climbs and I am more flat and constant.I was very varied by the insulin/HC ratio from day to day.Maybe that can be a symptom of what I say.
Another option is that at the distribution dinner someone has broken the cold chain and then the entire box is affected.Ty it.It is not worth risking in case of doubt.I already threw some pen almost new when I realized that it was at inappropriate temperatures.

DiabetesForo
10/08/2019 4:03 p.m.

@mloureiro
Thank you for restarting this issue, which I have discussed a lot with my endocrine.

I use 3 ml novorapid cartridges with a Novopen Echo ball (Q has half units).I always have to throw when I start a new cartridge of 2 to 6 or until it starts to leave insulin well and I had the same problem at the beginning.In fact I threw an entire cartridge because I did not understand why it always failed (when before everything was going well) and Tb changes the ball.

Apart from other factors that you mention and that sometimes affect us such as the outer heat or body temperature or stress, I have the sensation that the boli (the dock) does not work sometimes very well (with precision), especially why I wear a small amount ofInsulin and I am very sensitive to errors or variations.

I have realized that if I throw a single unit sometimes there is little insulin and when I do it below what corresponds to a unit.Now what I always do (almost always) is to throw a unit and a half and then I put the amount that corresponds.And for the moment.

On the other hand, the Savvio Boli (De Lilly) that I use for Abasaglar insulin always works perfect!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/08/2019 4:24 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel, when the pool needle is changed, you have to purge the ball discarding two insulin units and make sure there are no bubbles.You have to always do it to make sure insulin enters well.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/08/2019 9:13 p.m.

I didn't know about 8u.At the beginning of the ball I am purging 2 in 2 u and I do not inject until a good stream comes out.
What I can't kill it is to eliminate that bubble that forms sooner or earlier.You can now take her up and thumb that she always stays.
If someone has any trick to eliminate it, I would be appreciated to tell you.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/09/2019 11:31 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

ignasi_p said:
I didn't know about 8u.At the beginning of the ball I am purging 2 in 2 u and I do not inject until a good stream comes out.
What I can't kill it is to eliminate that bubble that forms sooner or earlier.You can now take her up and thumb that she always stays.
If someone has any trick to eliminate it, I would

That bubble is removed purging but with the ball completely vertical (needle up).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/09/2019 11:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.