Indignant

pichusky's profile photo   05/19/2015 11:56 p.m.

Hello good night, my name is Octavio, I am 42 years old and I am a papal of an 8 -year -old boy who is diabetic since the 4, carries a bomb that still does not know how to handle, although it is true that we should already start to startGoing to teach you. I want to share what happened to me today, and know if someone else has happened here something similar.

I explain myself, today they had the end of the course excursion, like last year, my wife and I were going to go behind the bus to the destination to be able to put the insulin at every moment that need it, in the end it could not be,For work reasons it has been totally impossible to make the trip and for more inrri my wife does not drive outside her security space.

All this we already knew since last Thursday, it has not been this morning of surprise, my wife went to school to talk to director that if please she could accompany the child in the school bus, logically paying her place, since there were themFreest, its response was that the school rules were that mothers could not accompany children on the excursions but that it would talk to the cloister, and that it would answer more security the next day.

The next day, Caprichos fate, the child got up with very high fever and could not go to the colé, but on Monday, bone, yesterday morning my wife went again to talk to the director and told him again that no, but to happen at 2, who would speak with the cloister again, and how could it be otherwise, there she was again to see if someone from this school became aware that my child without someone who puts himInsulin cannot go on an excursion, but the answer was the same again, (no relative can accompany children on excursions).

So Ruben, which is his name, made a deal with his mother, in exchange for not going to the excursion would buy some plastic soldiers that he wanted to have them.

I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that every rule has exceptions, and what has happened without ruben knowing, is that it has not gone on an excursion because it is diabetic.

pichusky's profile photo
pichusky
05/19/2015 11:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome, and your case has excited me a lot.I had happened to me and if I could, I changed it school.Although I say it with anger.
Surely there will be parents in this forum that can support you with their experiences.I wish you encourage and luck.Greetings.

On this topic, Fer has put this article.
Link

Consu's profile photo
Consu
05/20/2015 12:20 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

It is totally a clear case of discrimination.What blame does the child have?He must do absolutely everything that others do.If x your diabetes must be accompanied, you have all the right of the world.The school must facilitate this matter.If you don't do it, you are discriminating.X misfortune occurs.To me x at least the school lets go to all excursions on the bus and do not put the minimum paste.All the best.

White's profile photo
White
05/20/2015 12:21 a.m.

I put a claim and make the name of the school public.It is very unfair

tica's profile photo
tica
05/20/2015 1:16 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I debut with diabetes at 9, I never went to excursions or end -of -course trips, my parents were very afraid that they would give me hypoglycemia.

Being in the 3rd of ESO with 15 years ... he gave me a low sugar that does not notice ... he faint and even having glucagon in the secretary's fridge ... that they did not prick me ... in caseSomething happened to me!They called the ambulance ...

My advice to make a diabetes course

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
05/20/2015 1:57 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

vandorta said:
I debut with diabetes at 9, I never went to excursions or end -of -course trips, my parents were very afraid that they would give me hypoglycemia.

Being in the 3rd of ESO with 15 years ... he gave me a low sugar that does not notice ... he faint and even having glucagon in the secretary's fridge ... that they did not prick me ... in caseSomething happened to me!They called the ambulance ...

My advice to make a diabetes course

I am in identical case, I vandorta, I debuted with 9 years and to excursions if I went but to colonies not because of the dreaded nocturnal hypoglycemia.

It also happened to me that one day I faint by climbing the stairs by hypoglycemia, we had done gymnastics and put half of insulin and we already turned from the patio, total that I did not not notice it and fainted, they did not do anything until the ambulanceHe confirmed that they gave me sugar, logically because it was micro fainted and returned to itself (what I excited them, is that when I returned in itself I said sugar not sugar not) and did not dare, after that they formed a little since there were alsoAnother diabetic at school and not to happen again.
In addition to the gymnastics professor, force me to control me after class in case the flies.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
05/20/2015 2:50 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Ahh !!And I forgot after that and as they already had training if my mother let me go to the end of the course with 16 years, and everything went well and the teachers worried because I was doing controls and put the insulin and ofcall my mother without me knowing to reassure her

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
05/20/2015 2:52 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Pichusky, presents a medical report in which he clearly says the need for the child to administer an adult and, therefore, to accompany him on the excursions.With a medical report, the school cannot refuse.If you weren't, they would have to put a nurse.He also speaks with educational inspection, which is the one who puts the rules in schools.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/20/2015 4:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
pichusky, presents a medical report in which he clearly says the need that the child has to manage the treatment an adult and, therefore, to accompany him on the excursions.With a medical report, the school cannot refuse.If you weren't, they would have to put a nurse.Also speak with educational inspection, which is the one who puts the standards in schools.

pichusky's profile photo
pichusky
05/20/2015 9:05 p.m.

pichusky said:
regina said:
pichusky, presents a medical report in which he clearly says the need that the child has to administer the treatment a treatment aadult and, therefore, to accompany you on excursions.With a medical report, the school cannot refuse.If you weren't, they would have to put a nurse.Also speak with educational inspection, which is the one who puts the standards in schools.

Hi Regina, it's too late, it will have to be next year, this is already left without going to the excursion, thanks for the, information.

pichusky's profile photo
pichusky
05/20/2015 9:07 p.m.

Lauruki The problem is not that let's not leave the child go to excursions out of fear, the problem is that they do not let us accompany him and the teachers are not in charge of him either.It was also proposed to the director that since they did not let us accompany him that a teacher who was, was made in charge of putting the insulin, it is not difficult, it is to put some data in the insulin pump following the instructions that we would give him phone,They didn't accept either.

pichusky's profile photo
pichusky
05/20/2015 9:19 p.m.

Well, I am very angry, and Penita for the children. My daughter debuted last year with nine years.Without knowing, to click alone, in the fifteen days of the diagnosis I had an excursion of a group that goes on Saturdays guy scout.that the parents could not go to the excursions, "that other children took medications and that the parents did not go to give it to him." For much I insisted and told them that it was only two minutes.Many friends there. In the school with the excursions I have not had a problem and they have always offered me to go. I hope you have luck and come in reason, but as they say, this year it has run out of your excursion.

beti's profile photo
beti
05/20/2015 10:45 p.m.

Beti surprises me a lot what you tell.I began to denounce (or threaten now) is full -fledged discrimination and that will take its toll when you see that you can do the same as your classmates.My mother always needed her, I accompany me excursions or click her.It's like a blind man remove the cane because they don't allow sticks!

tica's profile photo
tica
05/20/2015 10:52 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Differentiation is to treat differently than those who are different (which is what school should have done).Discrimination is to treat those who are different (which is what school has done, discriminate against Rubén).
Complaint in education and talk to the media.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/20/2015 10:58 p.m.

What makes me the most grace, is that in this school there are blows to the chest giving them to school model, I am sure that if it had been the son of the director or of any other relative the child had gone to the excursion, either withcompanion or a teacher would have been made by him.
When my wife called me to tell me that there was no way that Ruben was an excursion, all I felt was imposing Cía, I didn't know what to do or say, I didn't want to go to school because I was very hot, so I called the association ofDiabetics I belong to since Rubén debuted, always with the hope that they would help me in one way or another, more, my idea was that they call the school on the phone and make the director reason, all this with the force that an associationYou can have, which will always be more than me alone, with which they had called and said "we are from the Diabetics Association and apparently there is a child who cannot go because they do not let him accompany his mother, thatIt is not fine so please, leave that, mama and that child to make the excursion like the rest of the classmates. "It wasn't like that, the woman who took me the phone told me that the only thing they could do was goTo school and give a talk to teachers about diabetes, and that I never told the director that the child was not traveling because he was diabetic, that it was very ugly to say it.

pichusky's profile photo
pichusky
05/20/2015 11:58 p.m.

What was very ugly to say?
The associations what they have to do is request nurses in schools, with all the medical arguments that exist.
To give talks in schools is very good, but that is no solution to the problem, which is much more serious than all that.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2015 1:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello!!My son is diabetic since the age of 10, and we have always tried to go to all the excursions made by school.It is true, also, that we ask that he carried the mobile, he or his tutor to be able to help in the doubts of the insulin administration.Tell you that in his first long excursion (5 days), when I went to talk to the tutor, he was very receptive, not in vain he debuted with him, but I was shaking when I told him about the glucagon and told me if the child would know.When he explained what he was and for his eyebrows to almost fall.Anyway, what I tell you is that you have to have a will and desire to help the children, because in this 5 -day excursion they called me because I had lost the bag with the medication and they were already with the child in the nearest hospital to getEverything necessary and they called me to see what medication I took.We as parents must be able to go to excursions and if children have some autonomy, teachers must assume a guard and help role they need.

Enma's profile photo
Enma
05/21/2015 11:19 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

That is discrimination I would also claim if the child for his age has that need and he cannot depend on a person is an exceptional case, they should leave you but a sanitary doctor is administered.

lourdesvidasana's profile photo
lourdesvidasana
05/21/2015 7:09 p.m.

To me the first year of being diabetic the school forbade me to leave colonies, the following year they also did it but my parents went to ride such chicken to the director that I went if my teacher punctured me, this was 7 years.So try to talk to your tutor to see if you wouldn't mind learning or dedicating a little more time to your little one.I hope you are lucky.

Bollicaoo's profile photo
Bollicaoo
05/22/2015 12:44 a.m.

The teacher has no obligation to provide health care to any of his students, but the State does guarantee the right to education of your child.Based on that, he denounces.Complaining here only serves to express frustration, but you don't fix anything.Complaint, talk to the media, shout ... never accept what there is.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/22/2015 10:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.