Indignant

pichusky's profile photo   05/19/2015 11:56 p.m.

In Spain, legislation requires educational centers to provide health care to children with chronic disease and that require care.I would denounce the College before the Education Inspection and in the Court.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
05/25/2015 9:22 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

It is cenutrios that they have not let you go with him, and even more when only his mother was going.
But I think the child had to know how to do it alone and long before.
In the hospital when they debut at those ages even before, they leave the hospital knowing how to puncture and the bomb is easier.
Of course I will teach him much before, because for them it is their total independence and it is for their good, the diabetic is the, not you.
We overprotect them, and we think they are not able to do it well, but with that age you already have to know to the rations that you eat and what weighs "eye" the food that can eat.

Reporting to school or not, to see that is personal, it depends on what you think you are going to get, I would go more talk to the tutor in good ways to see what he tells you, but I believe that the child should know to handle himself alone andThus you would avoid these things.

That something else would be that even knowing how to prick them, they won't let him go, that TB can happen to you, they did not let me go to the study trip with 14 years or even knowing how to take good control of my illness.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/28/2015 10:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anzazuleg, forgive to disagree.
With 8 years a child does not know how to make a rule of three.You will see it when your child grows.It is simply impossible (except privileged minds).And as such, it is impossible that at that age a child can know how much should be punctured depending on how much he eats and, I fear much, nor how many rations will be eaten by the eye of a good bucket.
Overprotection is opinionable.And, of course, fear is free.

What is not free, or at least it should not be, is the fulfillment of the law and common sense.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/28/2015 10:22 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Insulin treatment is not children, it is a risk treatment.That is why there has to be a toilet that takes care of it.That is what you have to get in schools.There is nothing more than that solution.Everything else is hot cloths on a very serious subject.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/28/2015 4:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In this case I think as Aranzazuleg and more now in the age of mobiles!With six years I click me with syringuilla that you had to tell rallitas, remove the bubble ... with 4 years I had a digital clock because I did not knowThe time that appeared on the clock ... On the other hand, I remember that in the elementary room I had an excursion, I was going to 80km from my city, my parents were not going to accompany me, but I spent the night of before vomiting andMy mother accompanied me to the bus and asked permission to go with me and nobody put any paste, as was logical.In the case of an excursion, the house is taken, that the rations that have a sandwich, a good amount of sugar tetons and spend a good day with friends!

tica's profile photo
tica
05/28/2015 4:27 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

You take my reason, ethical.In 4th grade there are not 8 but 10 years and to the minimum thing that deviates from the plan, there you had your father to accompany you.
One thing is to know how to prick, which of course can be 10, with 8 or 6 years, and another very different knowing how to handle the amounts of insulin depending on the thousands of variables, including a meal with "eye" food.
That, neither with 8 with 10 years can.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/28/2015 5:23 p.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I had 9 in 4 and in the summer of sixth with 11 years (I am in September) I went 15 days to a basketball campus where I trained 5 hours a day ....

tica's profile photo
tica
05/28/2015 7:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, I smelled.Seriously, congratulations.I'm glad that diabetes did not assume restrictions on this.
I imagine that you would notice the descents, especially the nocturnal, and that gives a lot of peace of mind.
It is not always the case.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/28/2015 8 p.m.

And many sometimes knowing how to count you do not account for you or 100 years ... !!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/28/2015 10:36 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I also recognize that I would not send my son to a camp with 11 years, but I am glad that my parents had dared.It is true that I noticed the descents very well, but I also had some very high peak those days ... I tell it so that you are going to the fear of the papis a little with the theme of the.Grow and what are children

tica's profile photo
tica
05/29/2015 7:40 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

In that I am with Tica, my mother never accompanied me on an excursion because she was a widow when I was 5 years old and worked everything I could and more to get my brother and my forward, I went to everything except colonies, I did not have theGood luck to notice the hypoglycemia (today either and that I am already 29 years old, the night now controls them with the Dexcom) and my mother was frightened but the doctor told him the same thing that Tica said, I had to let me beAnd learn to be responsible myself, at first because it will take insulin and spend a little the highest day nothing happened that would already be adjusted with the experience and age the issue of excursions, I understand that it is difficult to understand it but I appreciate itMuch to my mother to let me grow and be a child like my friends and that I learned to be responsible.

My mother, for example, when we went to the amusement park on the weekends with my cousins, did it several times, I told me all that we will stay to eat, the first times neither remembered gluchometer nor of insulin nor of anything, it was a childAnd I only thought about the exciteI prepared my backpack with everything and carried control of when I touched everything like I have my first gift as soon as I debuted was a Flik Flak watch to control schedules (and I have very clear today, that if I did not take things, surely my motherShe was carrying it in her bag)

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
05/29/2015 1:24 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

With 8 years you are already aware of many things and on an excursion I guess your mother puts the snack, already knows the rations you are going to eat?Well, with the pump you only need the sugar figure and put the rations that your mother will have told you for the mñn, it is more these portions are more or less always the same.

And if you eat outside (in a restaurant) you already have to know more or less what can eat quantity, which has been watching the food on the plate for 4 years, we are not blind, and you can go in a half ration but no more, we go that calculating the rations is not so difficult to do it by eye.

And even with everything it would have been preferable that that day was a little high PQ has eaten one more ration to prevent it from going to the excursion.

I see it from the point of view of a clear diabetic, but TB I am a mother and of course I have a little child, I am a little older, I calculate that the 5-6 years I will explain the operation of everything and let him put on theInsulin, with my supervision clear this, but handle it.
If with less than 2 years I already give my finger to look at the sugar with 5 will be more than aware of what happens to him and it is to explain little by little.

The best gift that you can give your child is the freedom to manage his life without depending on you, that I know that you are afraid to leave your child with insulin A in hand, but notThey are silly what they are is bunns and as long as you do not leave responsibility they do not take it.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/01/2015 9:26 a.m.

With 8 years, he is a child.All children are not the same, some are more daring, others more shy, sensitive, raises such as rams.That is why it should not be generalized.Parents know how their son is and when giving him the trust and freedom to manage his life.
In 6 years I have had carelessness at the time of putting the insulin, and even forgetting to put it on, and I am old, so I understand these parents that cost them and care so much, rightly right.
If I forget to put the insulin, imagine a creature that only thinks about playing, an adult person must be, pending of him.It is normal to worry.
You have to be patient, and little by little Pichusky, your son, like everyone else, will get used to it.
Greetings, and a thousand encouragement.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
06/05/2015 12:52 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Mr. Pichulky, and interested, I have found this text, I have not been able to avoid it.I hope it serves something.Greetings.

Link

School accompaniments: clear things.Call for sanity and responsibility
May 22, 2015
Girona
Sometimes, things instead of going backward go back.The ADC cannot allow a practice that is being produced in a slightly undercover in certain schools in our country, and before some consultations received we are obliged to try to clarify the situation, for our associates, family and general population and thesame time make the maximum possible diffusion, including social networks.
Although it would have to do it, legal regulations cannot regulate everything and the most generic protocols do not respond to all the casuistry that arises today.
In full desire that children with diabetes are fully integrated and are never discriminated against, it has been possible to do the same activities as their classmates in school, and only until they manage to be self -sufficientThe disease, when excursions, colonies, cultural exits, etc.They are accompanied by the so -called “monitors” that in short must be understood as adult persons with some more sanity and that can lend a hand in the adequate control of diabetes of children or preteens.
The premise that we have to have clear is that who decides or not the presence and need of these people is the school.If the previously informed educational center (better in writing and with due planning) apart from the teachers, considers that a companion supports the control of the minor with diabetes, has the power to choose it or seek it but always under its responsibility andwith the obligation to make clear attributions, and to fully agreed the conditions, including the remuneration of these personnel.
Given and not wanting to impose anything on anyone, because there are no equal cases, the pairs-mad-tatters-tatters of children with diabetes, as far as possible, they would have to dismiss the claim or request to go, because it is notNeither enforceable, nor probably beneficial for the minor in the face of its total integration.
Given this, the remuneration of the aforementioned “monitors” so that it has come to the knowledge of ADC, was nourished in the background of the Department of Education, of aid and diverse calls and even in some cases of the AMPAS, but, and this is whereWe wanted to arrive, now it is intended that due to diverse excuses (there is no money for the crisis, the aid has not arrived, they are very expensive ...), the parents of the minors assume the payment of these amounts, with the "promised" that will bereturned and this is inadmissible and unacceptable under any circumstances!
From the ADC we believe that we have to call on parents and interested people not to be hazardous ... it is fully understandable and priority that no child stays without doing the activity, but this does not mean giving in the aspect ofremuneration of these personnel, who have to be paid for which he decides that his presence is necessary.
With this most clarified previous issue, we no longer have to enter other possible doubts that ambiguity can generate, such as:
What to happen if the "monitor" has an accident?
What qualification do you have to have?
Do you have to be assured?And in this case, who?
Can you ask for responsibilities for bad praxis?
Are they used from the legal point of view that can be signed by exempting responsibilities from the monitor itself and/or in school?
It is not intended much less, rather, create alarmism, but everyone assumestheir responsibility and shy away abusive practices.

Fdo: Jaume Oriell I Corominas
Type I diabetic and lawyer
Member of the Advisory Council on Diabetes in Catalonia on behalf and defense of the Association of Diabetics of Catalonia.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
06/23/2015 5:44 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

AMI wanted to throw me from school for hypoglycemia

LxDazy's profile photo
LxDazy
06/24/2015 7:45 a.m.

Incredible !!!, what was the argument? How do I finish?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/24/2015 11:25 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.