{'en': 'Fasting glucose, influence of the menstrual cycle?', 'es': 'Glucosa en ayunas, influencia del ciclo menstrual?'} Image

Fasting glucose, influence of the menstrual cycle?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/10/2015 8:46 p.m.

Hello,

I read this that I copy under a website on diabetes (at the end of everything I leave the link), and I would like to ask them if they have effectively observed variations, and in what percentages ...

Could it be a weight factor when programming an analytics?

Greetings, thanks !!

Q: Are blood sugar levels change with the menstrual cycle?

A: Each woman's body is different, so that menstruation can affect the blood sugar level or not.However, in many women the levels increase near the 3rd week of the cycle, and can remain high for up to 5 days.The natural release of hormones that occurs near the menstruation date can cause the woman's body to be insulin, which causes an increase in blood sugar levels.It is possible that some women observe lower levels the first two days after the period.If you believe that changes in the levels could be related to the menstrual cycle, talk about blood sugar readings and menstruation dates with your doctor.Only your doctor can determine if it is necessary to adjust the treatment.

- Arlene Loeschen, a degree in Nursing and Educator in Certified Diabetes of the United States Diabetes Centers (Diabetes Centers of America) in Katy, Texas

Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/10/2015 8:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good, in the case of my girl, the answer is a "yes"day).On the other hand, the sensitivity to insulin also changes, in one part it can be set 15u of insulin and the glucose level can pass from 210 to 195, the other part also starting from levels of more than 200 by clicking 4u makes hypoglycemia.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/15/2015 6:51 p.m.

In my case it is also a resounding yes.The first part of the cycle is to be much lower and I have a sensitivity to brutal insulin and the second part of the cycle is just the opposite (especially the days before ovular or that the period comes to me).So I have to go every month adjusting up or down, a pain goes ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/15/2015 7:26 p.m.

Gee!!Yes they are important changes!Thanks for the answers

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/23/2015 4:59 p.m.

In my case TB is yes.Ovulation insulin resistance.First days of the maximum sensitivity rule.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
06/22/2016 11:46 a.m.

In my case the week before the rule I am high all the time so I usually raise the insulin, then normal

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/24/2016 11:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I 3 day before ovular and another 3 before menstruation.Those days insulin is "water" in my body, no matter what puts me or coma.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/24/2016 1:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In all menstruations the same thing happens to you ????That is, if you have more or less resistance or sensitivity and hypers or hypos, always coincide from one period to another ???
My daughter 15 days ago, with 14 years, had her first menstruation, so we will try to decipher her needs ..

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/24/2016 3:07 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Well, @rociollinares I last year when I debuted I didn't have these problems, I guess my pancreas was healthier.This year I have begun to notice these changes every month.
I asked the endocrine and told me that it is normal for the hormones we release.
With the free you will see it easily, especially at breakfast;The day the change begins, it goes up to very high values ​​for a long time.Anyway, the girl is going to realize for the changes in humor, sensitivity, etc .... "What they call being a woman" ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/27/2016 10:30 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To me a lot, and as I am very irregular it is a lag

pochola's profile photo
pochola
06/27/2016 7:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hello.

This article explains general issues of the menstrual cycle:
Link

If each person is a world, and each one has degrees of sensitivity to everything, and to insulin in particular, the case of the application of biological sex to research in health issues is indispensable.Although most doctors still do not take these differences into account.
I have lived them and I live them in myself;and observing analytics (the details to which doctors do not give importance) and knowing my symptoms and manifestations and body perceptions of all kinds over the years, is more than evident that the time of the menstrual cycle influences powerfully.And not just that.As they commented before, neither all the rules are the same;Other factors are external and as uncontrollable as the tide of internal hormones.
I, although I have a good internal knowledge, there are days that there is no way to stabilize the controls ... It is a very difficult puzzle.And, obviously, each woman will live it in a way.

The endocrinologist Carme Valls Llobet speaks in this article that links some important issues to take into account to properly meet the needs, in general, of women, who are different from those of men.Although there is no talk of diabetes, I consider that it is important to know it:

There goes: Link

The only thing that can serve is to breathe, take things with the greatest calm we can, and little by little, in addition to knowing each other, we can go to what controllable has the exterior (meals, insulins, etc.) to our needs.The uncontrollable, by unknown or directly not manipulable, which is almost everything in nature, because there is nothing left to accept it ;-)

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
06/28/2016 1:09 p.m.

@imara totally agrees, even if it turns out that days before the rule or days of ovulation the generalized trend is to rise and during the rule or days after lowering, the reality is that we are not all absolutely regular or the figures in diabetesThey are predictable.
In the end it is to see how your body is going, learn to listen to the signals and not scratch if one day does not succeed.We must accept that we cannot control the hormones, but we can reduce the number of files X and handle those situations being attentive.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/28/2016 3:34 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

My mother, what relief, I'm not a green dog !!!!!Indeed, the period of the period is influential.The hormones are all revolutionized before, during and after, also affecting glucose levels.I lie in 118 and get up with 300 :-(

Carito's profile photo
Carito
12/03/2017 7:53 p.m.

In my case, the trend is as @"Gemater" says, it is hard for me to control a lot because I do not modify Tresiba since its effect shows 2-3 later days and I think it is not worth it.I modify the novorapid.I have observed that a few months more influence me than others.

091975's profile photo
12/03/2017 9:41 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

With my daughter we continue trying to find a guideline and there is no shape, their cycles are very irregular.And what his endo told us is that we look for guidelines also depending on the ovary he ovulated, so @"091975", your variation in the months can be for that.If a real chaos is already menstruation itself, we only lacked that the disruption also depends on each ovary.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/04/2017 5 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@"Rociollinares" I had not even gone through my head! I didn't pay attention to menstruation ascents and my endocrine did not tell me either.The truth, that after so many years with diabetes now is when I am learning a lot, discovering ..
And all thanks to this magnificent forum

091975's profile photo
12/04/2017 7:10 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

@"091975".Very sure.Going up the slow is a pain.Once my festival begins, I upload the threeiba.3 days with hyperglycemia waiting for you to take effect.Pass the rule, low basal, and 3 days in hypoglycemia until it normalizes.Going up only the fast does not work for me.I am in premenopause and this is crazy.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/06/2017 12:07 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

That when it's 3 days ... I have been out of control for the hormones ... I have uploaded 4 basal units and duplicated in the fast food and still ... I stay high between hours ... a disaster.
What bothers me the most is that a day comes and I am 2 in continuous hypoglycemia ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2017 10:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

This thread is old.But I am in them.Well worse.I have been with 350/400 glycemia.The ketones rise/ go down/ go up ... although they have not gone from 1. in the bomb I scheduled twice the basal.Every two hours I punctuate with the Boli 6u.I have changed the bolis, catheter changes!I don't know what to do anymore.Well, absolute rest and read this magnificent forum.😭

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/28/2019 1:23 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hala !!!And is that for the rule?It cannot be ... with 400 glucose and ketones may be catheter failure.With the Medtronic bomb I had many of those until I changed the oblique catheters and never again ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
06/28/2019 10:18 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.