Our beginning with diabetes

RocioLlinares's profile photo   06/26/2015 11:32 a.m.

Hello, my 13 -year -old daughter was diagnosed last day.Peditra and educator tell us that it can lead a normal life, we find it differs to believe, but grace to their testimonies they may be right.Thank you so much!!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/26/2015 11:32 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Welcome to the @rociollinares forum, here you will find many people with great experience in diabetes, about normal life, I already advance that you have some debate, although in general, I can agree that it does not limit you practicallyWith nothing, but that, you always have to have special care and especially good glucose control.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/26/2015 11:58 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

First, give you encouragement, surely it is now very uphill but then it is bearable.Informing everything you can, read a lot about the disease, massacred the educator to questions ... Education in this disease is the key.

About normal life ... I'm sorry but it's a lie.They tell you that when they just diagnoses you so you don't sink.A normal life is not to puncture before each meal, it is not to be aware of a number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.It is not having dreaded hypoglycemia.It is not many other things that this disease entails.

It will not be a normal life, but it can be a totally bearable and happy life.
It will cost everything a little more than the rest, but he will be able to get anything that is proposed, sure.

They told me nothing more to diagnose myself, to leave my current job, that I love, and stop aspiring to another job that I even like much more.
The next day of the discharge I was already working with a bandage to cover the brands of the dropper, and today, two months later, I still without any problem, and I still prepare for the other.

I feel that everything costs me more than the rest of the people, but I do not feel that it has limits.
Make your daughter feel the same.Cheer up!

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/26/2015 2:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Many grace for your moods.
I suppose that when they tell me normal life, they refer that that I can go out with her friends, continue practicing athletics (which is her greatest illusion) ..... both my husband and me, we know that our lives and those of our daughters changedOn the 5th, we know it but I have not yet been able to understand or assimilate, I still fed up to cry and I do not know if one day I will stop doing it.
It only comforts me to see how everyone who is going through the same thing has a lot of good and that my daughter is showing us an integrity that neither I nor her father has.Many Gracias de Corazón !!!!

RocioLlinares
06/26/2015 2:19 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Of course he will be able to go out with her friends, and do everything in general.Man when he is older cannot get drunk every weekend, but life has better things than those.

With athletics he will not have problems either, the only thing is to analyze how his glucose levels alters him.Once you have dominated it, without problems.

I am two months after the diagnosis, I am getting some powers to run and to train quite considerable strength exercises, in addition to training contact sports and bring me milk such as breads.

With the proper precautions, sport is not a problem (not to be in cases of diabetes very difficult to control), the opposite, it is highly recommended to play sports with this disease.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/26/2015 2:27 p.m.

If you are going to do sports, it is recommended that you use a continuous glucose monitor, in the forum you can see several topics with different systems and options.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/26/2015 2:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
If you are going to do sports, it is recommended that you use a continuous glucose monitor, in the forum you can see several topics with different systems and options.

Thank you so much.We will look at it.We have contrasted two training and has kept the levels well, but since we do not know if it will always be so, we will take it into account.

RocioLlinares
06/26/2015 2:35 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Diving through the forum I have recovered a fast guide that is very useful for the newly diagnosed, it has a lot of concentrated information, you can read it here:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/26/2015 4:36 p.m.

@Rociollinares I have diabetes for 7 years.The truth is that at first it goes wrong and it is difficultIt becomes more than you do almost routinely.And you can definitely lead a normalized life and be happy.I am personally happier than when I had no diabetes, not because of diabetes itself, but what I mean is that my life has followed after the diagnosis and I feel generally a happy person.I have a job that I like, I travel everything I can and diabetes does not imply an impediment to running, riding by bike or doing any other sport.

I spend a couple of videos where Iñaki Lorente (psychologist and diabetic type 1) talks about how to face the diagnosis, I think they would have served me a lot when I start with diabetes:

Link
Link

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/26/2015 6:53 p.m.

Oh!, That graaaande the video of the glove, you do not know how often I remember !!!^:)^::^: sn

fer's profile photo
fer
06/26/2015 6:59 p.m.

Welcome Rocio, although this forum is a book where the relationship and management of diabetes and sport is treated.In this message I upload it to you.

Now I am reading this book (Diabetic Athleta's Handbook): Link that although it is much more detailed and complete is in English.I am a lot and it seems very interesting to me

Cheer up

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/26/2015 7 p.m.

If I'm not mistaken, the guide to which @joseludi is referred to is that of the first link that I leave down here, I also add another topic that may interest you.;)

Type 1 diabetes guide and sport.For children, adolescents and youth
This guide provides the necessary information to be able to perform physical exercise maintaining glycemia under control.It consists of two parts: one part with a ...
Link
"Diabetes has motivated me to do sports" - Experiences ...
"Diabetes has motivated me to play sports" ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/26/2015 7:15 p.m.

I have forgotten to upload the book

Here it is (I have had to compress it to let me upload it due to its such size)

DiabetesForo
06/26/2015 7:19 p.m.

fer said:
If I'm not mistaken, the guide to which @joseludi refers is that of the first link that I leave here below, I also add another topic that may interest you.;)

Type 1 diabetes guide and sport.For children, adolescents and youth
This guide provides the necessary information to be able to perform physical exercise maintaining glycemia under control.It consists of two parts: one part with a ...
Link
"Diabetes has motivated me to do sports" - Experiences ...
"Diabetes has motivated me to play sports" ...
Link

I have forgotten to attach the book and I have done it later.Yes, that's the book Fer

DiabetesForo
06/26/2015 7:21 p.m.

Many grace for all the information you have given me !!!!
Maria, who is what my daughter is called, made her first race after her baby and after almost a month without training or competing.He did it with fear, with 36º and in a distance of 1500 .... I had a bad time, I suppose that for fear of his body, despite everything he was 4th.Best of all that the fear of a hiccDiabetics, "she made her graceful, and the funniest thing is that we don't know how they knew it, I suppose that they would see her control before the beginning or sugar envelope that she wanted to carry in her hand the apron ....Ahora is thinking if next Saturday will make about 3 km.From Trail accompanying his father, he has a lot of illusion but fear at the same time ......

RocioLlinares
06/29/2015 10:39 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hi @rociollinares, I am very happy for you and your daughter!, That fears cannot be, what is really more complicated is to overcome fears and situations, in combination with the above, so much encouragement!

A recommendation, recently I have tried the Glucup 15, are special envelopes with concentrated glucose, recover a hypoglycemic fantastically, without subsequent climb, and the best thing is that the container is plasticized, designed so that you can carry it in a pocket,Or any other site, I say it because in the case of your daughter, if sugar envelope is wet or a problem can be, instead this is not.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/29/2015 10:57 a.m.

We have glucose envelopes of the Diabalance brand, which gave us its educator, but being more voluminous he wanted to carry the sugar envelopes, but you are right Fer, it can get wet and more now with the heat it does.I have seen there that there is also guy in pills, have you tried them?

RocioLlinares
06/29/2015 11:11 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I personally do not, but there are many people in the forum used by Glucosport, here I leave some issues in which they comment.

Glucosport Glucose in Ampoules - Diabetes questions ...
Can anyone tell me how much glucose there is in a Glucosport in blisters?... I need at least two ampoules or 2 glucosport pills to recover from ...
Link
Glucasport - Diabetes questions • Diabetes forum
If with 2 Glucosport you do not go back a hypo in 5 minutes better open the fridge and ... now 2 glucosport tablets are like 1 of the rectangular before (1RAC.
Link
Hypoglycemia in the street.What do you carry in your bag?- Experiences ...
I have replaced the Glucosport pills, with drinkable ampoules of the ... Glucosport's option is fine but before I took them and it already gives me a bit of .... :)
Link
Sugar low - Experiences with diabetes • Diabetes forum
Recommended, even if you don't carry a bag, always carry Glucosport.... I always have sugar with me, (I would have to try glucosport) just like ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/29/2015 12:57 p.m.

Glucup 15 glucose gel envelopes have a much better format to transport them disguisely than those in Diabalance.When I am over to Diabalance I will buy the Glucup, much more comfortable to put in a small pocket.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/29/2015 1:19 p.m.

artories said:
Glucup 15 glucose gel envelopes have a much better format to transport them disguisely than those in Diabalance.When I finish diabalance I am going to buy the glucup, much more comfortable to put in a small pocket.

And cheaper!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/29/2015 2:26 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.