Our beginning with diabetes

RocioLlinares's profile photo   06/26/2015 11:32 a.m.

rociollinares said:

.The best of all that the fear of an hipp

Being a very intense exercise, it is normal for it to have increases instead of declines.Surely the day he goes with his father to do 3 km will not rise to him, he may even go down, because he will go to a quieter pace.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/29/2015 5:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I take gluc up, the diabalance gels I have never tried.The good thing about the gluc up is that in addition to tracing a hypo without rebound effect is that you can carry it in one hand made a gurruño and there is no danger of breakage

Of course, buy if you want to try them in the pharmacy, and then search the Internet in online parapharmacies.Buying several boxes you save shipping costs and leave much cheaper.The last ones I have bought I think it came out at 0.80 each unit

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/29/2015 5:37 p.m.

@Rociollinares I agree with @Fer, the worst of this disease is the fear of descent, although you learn to relativize them and live with them.I guess as you go by racing and seeing how your body behaves your daughter will win confidence.This disease is a lot of proof and error but I believe that if you like athletics it is important that you support it to continue with it.It is very important that diabetes adapts to our life and not to setback.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/29/2015 7:39 p.m.

Inday said:
@rociollinares I have diabetes for 7 years.The truth is that at first it goes wrong and it is difficultIt becomes more than you do almost routinely.And you can definitely lead a normalized life and be happy.I am personally happier than when I had no diabetes, not because of diabetes itself, but what I mean is that my life has followed after the diagnosis and I feel generally a happy person.I have a job that I like, I travel everything I can and diabetes does not imply an impediment to running, riding by bike or doing any other sport.

I spend a couple of videos where Iñaki Lorente (psychologist and diabetic type 1) talks about how to face the diagnosis, I think they would have served me a lot when I start with diabetes:

Link
Link

@Inday The videos very good ... Thank you for sharing them!

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/15/2015 8:56 p.m.

Hi Rocío.I am very sorry about your girl.I hope you are carrying everything that can be carried at the beginning, with that huge amount of information that must be assimilated almost suddenly ... Do not worry, in less time than you think you will be experts, you will see.
Artorias is right that this is not even a normal life, but that does not mean that you cannot be happy.Your girl is not going to have that normality that we miss so much here, but it can have a normalized life : you can do the same as your friends, but planning itEverything, thinking about things very well and being very disciplined.Improvisation is over, what will be done!
Combining good glycemia and sport is not easy (at least for me), but little by little, based on trial and error everything will improve.In general, you will have optimistic days and days when you would send your diabetes to take for the sack.Days in which he is going to feel capable of everything and days when he will be defeated, so it is very important that you are there, encouraging, because the worst of this damn disease is that he never gives vacation and sometimes we all need to expressThe frustration that this load we drag supposes us.

You'll tell us how are you.
Cheer up!.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/17/2015 9:59 p.m.

Gracias Roar: The truth is that at first, and grace to the advice you have given us here, it took it much better than now.We have been a month and a half, we got the beginning of the school with the hard and unexpected loss of my father, with which Maria was very close, and all this must be added that Maria has trouble externalizing all her feelings, fears andconcerns, so glycemia are difficult to control ......
To give you an example, last week I was doing pretty good and on Friday perfect, but just Friday afternoon that I had visit with the psychopedagogue, who has been trying for several years for another reason and that has gone wonderfully on the subjectFrom diabetes, in the end he got him to tell him that he felt a rage and terrible frustration for everything that happened, that everything was very unfair and he was crying more than an hour ..... Well, when we got home we controlled himand an unpleasant 300 in the glucometer .....
Gracias and forgive for telling you my sorrows, I shouldn't, but this forum is being an escape for my concerns and you are of great help.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/19/2015 11:54 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It is normal Rocio, who feels like that, you see how the demotivation thread is, it gives you anger when you think that why it has had to touch you, that you have done to me this and less with 13 years that I have not even given youTime do any evil.
I remember the principle of having a terrible desire to cry and not do it for not doing more damage to my mother, who has had more merit than me in all these years with diabetes and you contain until one day you let everything loose everything andYou take a suffocon like the one that Maria has taken, but you let off steam and come good from time to time

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/19/2015 12:47 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, Maria is the same, although she has always been very reserved with her emotions, she does not cry, she does not tell us her fears, her concerns .... for not making us suffer.To the rest of the family it has happened to us, we have tried that she did not see us worried, I have been crying all this time.
But on Friday, and following the accident that my father had just over a month ago, his psychologist advised us not to hide, that if we had to cry, let's do it even if my daughters were ahead, so that they realize that in a situationOf sadness, anger, ... it is not bad to cry, that it is good to express our feelings and that we all have the same sadness and the same sufferings ....
I tell you because someone can help this advice, I suppose I am not the only one to which diabetes is joined with another suffering, as is our case.

RocioLlinares
10/19/2015 1:17 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Courage, @rociolinares.If adolescence is already hard in itself, I don't even want to think of how it is with diabetes.I do not know much about the subject but I think that the more informed she is (and you) of the disease, the better it can take it.Information, more than ever, is power.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/19/2015 1:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

This forum is an escape for everyone, because although the family wants to be there, nobody understands us better than those who are also suffering diabetes (or although the parents of other children want to support you, nobody will also support you as well as parentsof a creature with diabetes).

I understand what you say about your girl.It happens to me that, when I have a visit to the endo, my values ​​are out of control (although it does everything the same as the previous day), and I always reach the consultation with values ​​around 400, which is a anger, (above:-() I want to tell you: "The day you can control the elements (rain, air ... etc), I promise you that I will get my glycemia."

Thus, it is the control of the uncontrollable: a few days, others halfway and others, having eaten the same number of HC rations and injecting the same insulin, the result can be disastrous.I no longer have dislikes, rather than looking at my results, I look at my actions: I do the best I can and what has to be.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/19/2015 3:16 p.m.

As if we would like to see those values ​​!!!!And very good your phrase @roar, I almost keep it in case one day I needed;) Although I don't think the case comes.The day that my father died we had to talk to Maria's endo, there was no way down 300, I didn't want to eat ...... And he told us that in traumatic situations, dislikes, strong emotions or even nerves for an examThe normal thing is that the glycemia go up ..... so I hope that on the next visit does not get angry if hemo instead of lowering up, that I will already take my own anger if I have not managed to do things better.

RocioLlinares
10/19/2015 3:38 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Let her cry and vent, he has all the right, but he will assume it.
Do not give so much importance to point high values, hemo will go well.
You have to think that in 20 years this will be solved or at least the treatment will allow us to rest.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/19/2015 4:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina I hope you are right about the treatment, I refuse to think that daughter has to live all my life with this.
And hopefully cry and relieve, the problem is that it does not externalize its suffering and in the long run it is worse, hence the recommendation that we see us crying if necessary and that it see that it is not bad, but rather the opposite,to see that crying is a sign of love that we feel towards the people around us

RocioLlinares
10/19/2015 4:24 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.