Hyperglycemia without apparent reason?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/12/2015 2:55 p.m.

Hello everyone to see what can be happening!

For a while I notice that after 6 pm, my glycemias indices tend to rise for no apparent reason.
Breakfast 8 in the Humalog units
Lunch 13 hours to 10 Humalog units
Dinner a fruit according to values ​​after 6 pm.
22 HS Lantus 28 to 30 units.

The issue is that being all day within 110 to 125 we are fine but after 18 it starts to climb alone without eating anything before and puts at 200.
In this way I have to inject 5 units to be able to lower it and only at 3 hours it seems that it goes down to less than 180
But it prevents me from having dinner and that fits me a lot because high and hunger glycemia at the same time is that we are going.

Many times it also happens to me that at night although I do not go up before going to sleep I am in 126 but at 5 in the morning it seems incredible jumps to 250 and again to correct with 5 of Humalog to be able to lower it and then the breakfast to the8 Again to inject to be able to eat.

My endocrine says that I have more than 75% well at the levels but it bothers me a lot because I do not find the return to the subject.

My last option yesterday night try to divide the Lantus into two batches 15/15 Night tomorrow as I read in the forum that some give good results ..
Is it that the lantus 30 is little quantity for my weight 75 kg?
I await your opinions to see if I find out a little better

Thank you very much.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/12/2015 2:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It sounds like the effect of the Lantus 24 hours.When that happens they recommend dividing the dose into 2 for one day.

I cannot tell you if your dose is correct or not, my endocrine indicates it and I don't know how to calculate it.I would not exchange the dose on my own, I would consult your doctor before.

DiabetesForo
07/12/2015 5:53 p.m.

It looks like the painting of what Joseludi has told you, which does not cover you 24 hours.
When have you tried to divide them, how have you been ???
I have divided them for that reason and during the day I am well and at night it happens to me, that from the 5 usually uploads to me, according to the endocrine is because my body and that I am going to get up little and starts toRelease cortisol (necessary to be able to wake up) and that makes the sugar go up, the explanation of the so -called "effect of dawn" is a Papoco, so I have uploaded 3 units the Lantus of the night.Even so, there

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/12/2015 10:22 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, luckily there are news, as I mentioned previously, go to divide the dose by 15/15 tomorrow and night.
Apparently it has improved in the afternoon no longer goes up after 6 pm.
The same yesterday I had to apply Humalog extra and not cease because lunch had been quite heavy in protein but almost zero in HC or rather meat and salad.

The values ​​yesterday were like this.

13:48 to 118
15:46 to 147
17.30 to 144
19:00 to 163
21:49 to 158 This is where 2+ of Humalog Corrective applies.
04:00 159 Here also Humalog 2+ before I caught the phenomenon of dawn at 5
08:00 to 93 This is already a little better.

The only thing that we cannot solve is that reactive strips are spent much faster, but this at the moment worries me much less than having the levels too high.
Well there they comment that they think how I have been super happy in principle although we already know that many times mathematics and diabetes do not find among themselves the logic.
I would like to have something to dinner also although the levels improve in the afternoon but let's go step by step.

As always, thank you very much

DiabetesForo
07/13/2015 8:27 p.m.

gala said:
is pinting what Joseludi has told you, which does not cover you 24 hours.
When have you tried to divide them, how have you been ???
I have divided them for that reason and during the day I am well and at night it happens to me, that from the 5 usually uploads to me, according to the endocrine is because my body and that I am going to get up little and starts toRelease cortisol (necessary to be able to wake up) and that makes the sugar go up, the explanation of the so -called "effect of dawn" is a Papoco, so I have uploaded 3 units the Lantus of the night.Even so, allgunasniches, as I have the dexcom with the alarm I dispute me because it goes up, I have to get quick to avoid that climb and it is super resistant to insulin, because sometimes I have to correct again a 2nd time

If it is true, it is sometimes as if insulin does not work at all, the same as when we are with flu.

DiabetesForo
07/13/2015 8:29 p.m.

You can upload a unit the lantus of the night, and if it is not enough in the morning, to avoid corrections, but you almost have it

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/13/2015 10:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
you can upload a unit the lantus of the night, and if it is not enough in the morning, to avoid the corrections, but you almost have it

Thanks Regina for the Council, that I thought I will see how it goes.
The endocrine gave me margin to go up and down 2 units
By not having a continuous bomb or meter, it gives a bit of fear to raise the night, but when I am sleepy heavy.
Before like I noticed better if I had hiccups at night but some years ago I cost me more.
I try and I tell you how it is going thank you very much

DiabetesForo
07/14/2015 2:35 a.m.

It seems that something is going wrong, yesterday afternoon I had
At 21:30 129 then I ate an apple and a tangerine and inject 8 of Humalog.
At 23:30 it went to 288.
At 02:58 I was 286 here applies 4 from Humalog Extra
at 06:39 in 203.
then in the morning and until 6 pm everything good
Today the same singing.

16 HS 126
18 HS 198 Coffee with milk and a banana + 8 Humalog units.
20 HS 280 HUMALOG correction +.

That cognizage is that I do not find out and I will have to do with the endocrine again.

DiabetesForo
07/15/2015 1:38 a.m.

Upload the dose of Lantus, one in one unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/15/2015 2:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Luckily I started to go down but very slowly as well as after the peak of 280

16 hours to 126
18 hours to 198 coffee with milk and a platano + 8 humalog units
20 HS 280 Correction of 3 more units of Humalog
20:51 to 270
22:16 to 192
00:00 to 152

Thanks Regina, I'm going to apply 15 units at 10 pm
And in the morning at 10 about 18 to see if it changes in something.
I'm really worrying and don't see how I spend the nights.
If someone who reads the post and has any idea where the problem may be please do not hesitate to comment.
Any suggestion would help me a lot.
Thank you very much for answering and having this magnificent forum at hand.

DiabetesForo
07/15/2015 5:02 a.m.

21:30 - 129 An apple and a tangerine- 8 U/Humalog
23:30.- 288. 4U/Humalog
2:58.-286

You would not have a drop between 21:30 and 23:30 and have not noticed and the rest of the glycemia until the morning is bouncing?I say it because it seems excessive 8 units of Humalog for an apple and a tangerine and parties of a good

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/15/2015 9:08 a.m.

Hello gala thank you for the answer.
I really think that if I had hiccade I had noticed and we could attribute it to that.
Also in the afternoon I am measuring much more often and I tilted like the lantus is little and I think that by correcting that we could go better.
And if so much insulin seems to me and almost without being able to eat anything in the afternoon you see how overwhelmed that I come with that.
The values ​​at night continued.

22 hours 15 units of Lantus

00:00 to 152
04:10 to 99
07:25 to 88

At dawn we are already doing quite well.
We will have to see if in the afternoon it remains the same that is the great uncertainty.
Greetings and thanks again.

DiabetesForo
07/15/2015 1:18 p.m.

Do not be surprised not to notice a descent, I have not noticed them for a long time, it has to be very abrupt to notice it.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/15/2015 1:27 p.m.

gala said:
do not surprise you not to notice a descent, I have not noticed them for a long time, it has to be very abrupt for the note.

If when I had that they are not few times I pillo late and do not see the despair that gives me
They put me fatal.
Do not see how it gives C *** or this theme of diabetes.
greetings

DiabetesForo
07/15/2015 1:37 p.m.

When I was in 60 and something I already noticed but I have tried to carry more strict control and I notice that until I am in 50 and few I do not notice anything.The truth is that the subject worries me a little, thankfully a few months ago I have been the Dexcom ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/15/2015 11:47 p.m.

Well today the same really very strange phenomenon passes.
07:24 to 82
12:50 to 68 A DL of apple juice with sugar.
14:08 to 88 and 8 Humalog units (fish overflowed with salad and little pumpkin puree)
14:39 to 149
16:06 to 81
17:15 to 110 and ate a tangerine.
18:59 to 240 Do not fuck.
19:00 8 Humalog units

I already tried to raise the morning dose to 18 lantus and nocturnal to 15 it will be that it is still little, there are 5 extra units to what the prescription doctor should continue to climb?

DiabetesForo
07/16/2015 12:18 a.m.

It is because we are moving in values ​​to the limit of hypoglycemia, because we do not notice it, those that are on average in 120-140, if it lowers 60 suddenly then motor and the body gives symptomatology but being in 70, with whichI get off 15 you are already in hiccups and without finding out, because it goes down so little that the body does not notice.You have to go down more and faster so that we notice it, if we go slow or stuck, maybe your head hurts if you have been
Also if you use Lantus for several years you lose the
Symptomatology

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/16/2015 12:25 a.m.

gala said:
It is because we move in values ​​to the limit of hypoglycemia, because we do not notice it, those that are on average in 120-140, if it lowers them 60 suddenly becauseMotan and the body gives symptomatology but being in 70, with which you get off 15 you are already in hiccups and without finding out, because it goes down so little that the body does not notice.You have to go down more and faster so that we notice it, if we go slow or stuck, maybe your head hurts if you have been
Also if you use Lantus for several years you lose the
Symptomatology.

If it seems yes.
What I have improved these days with the increase of the long one is that I no longer have high peaks at 5 in the morning with the famous effect of dawn, but in the afternoon it is that the east is crazy.

DiabetesForo
07/16/2015 12:29 a.m.

@Alterego I think you had plenty of the 17:15 mandarin.If you have resistance in the afternoon, eating carbohydrates at that time (even if they are few) can hit you a climb that so that ... try to repeat the pattern tomorrow but without eating anything in the afternoon

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/16/2015 12:33 a.m.

@Gala is clear, it is the price to be paid for trying to be in Normoglycemia most of the time.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/16/2015 12:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.