Hyperglycemia without apparent reason?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/12/2015 2:55 p.m.

Inday said:
@gala is clear, is the price to be paid to try to be in normoglycemia most of the time.

Thanks Inday that will do tomorrow to see how as reacts.
I'll tell you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/16/2015 12:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also think you have the snack.
Carenate with bananas that go up a lot.
More than fruit if you are hungry in the middle of the afternoon, sausage tomato or cold

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/16/2015 1:01 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
I also think you have the snack.
Carenate with bananas that go up a lot.
More than fruit if you are hungry in the middle of the afternoon, sausage tomato or a colder or a yogourt (without clear sugar) that rises very slow

Thanks Gala

DiabetesForo
07/16/2015 1:37 a.m.

I also believe that you have the snack, but I think you still need more lantus for the day, because it is cut.
Or try to put the dose of the day two hours later ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/16/2015 12:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I also believe that you have the snack, I think you still need more lantus for the day, because it is cut.
O Try to put the dose of the day two hours later ..

Thanks Regina, good idea I am now in total in 33 (15 night 18) of Lantus after the up of a unit.
In general, it has improved at night and day considerably, I will try to delay the time of the Lantus as you say to see what happens if at 12 noon brings some change and I can eat something in the afternoon.
I will go up to 35 (night 15 tomorrow 20).
I have already had to change two dinners for lunch so as not to have a fatal.
kind regards

DiabetesForo
07/16/2015 3:28 p.m.

Hello to all who are following this post.

Today I have delayed both breakfast and loving in two hours each breakfast at 10 in the morning
I have applied the Lantus at 11 in the morning 18 units and at night 15.
I have completely suspended the snack and I have had only an instant soup low in HC a cup 9.4 grs only.
Well the results have been the following today.

15 hours Lunch 8 Humalog units
15:30 to 120
16:30 to 109
17:43 to 111
19:02 to 153 Humalog 2 units.
21:10 to 164
22:35 to 190 Humalog 2 units
23 HS Lantus 15 units.
23:55 to 121
01:00 to 81 glass of apple juice.
04:55 to 63 (hypo) Vaso Apple juice
08:00 to 135

As we can see, it also goes up without eating in the afternoons and the resistance is greater although then it goes down.
I think we are on the right track although I would like to have a little better to dinner.

Greetings and thank you very much

DiabetesForo
07/17/2015 4:56 a.m.

One more unit for the day and one less at night?
It is almost.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/17/2015 6:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It is clear that for some reason you tend to have more insulin resistance from 6 in the afternoon.It is not that you miss Lantus because putting it at 11 should reach you at 6 in the afternoon without problems.I think you are not going to have a choice but to put 1 extra prick of fast for the afternoons to compensate for the climb.
You can try to lower the Lantus of the night and I think you would have to try to have more dinner, also climbing the quick of dinner, to be able to endure the night.Test to add 1 or 2 rations of slow carbohydrates (a whole natural yogurt, 1 apple ...) and above all more protein and some salad type vegetable.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/17/2015 9:05 p.m.

regina said:
one more unit for the day and one less at night?
It is almost almost.

Thank you for the Regina Patience I will do exactly what you tell me and I tell you how it is going.

DiabetesForo
07/17/2015 10:17 p.m.

Inday said:
is clear that for some reason you tend to have more insulin resistance from 6 in the afternoon.It is not that you miss Lantus because putting it at 11 should reach you at 6 in the afternoon without problems.I think you are not going to have a choice but to put 1 extra prick of fast for the afternoons to compensate for the climb.
You can try to lower the Lantus of the night and I think you would have to try to have more dinner, also climbing the quick of dinner, to be able to endure the night.Test to add 1 or 2 rations of slow carbohydrates (an entire natural yogurt, 1 apple ...) and above all more protein and some salad type vegetable.

You carry all reason since the Entus effect would have to last 24 hours.
I will try not to have dinner too late and prick Humalog for example half an hour before seeing what would happen in that case.
I will tell you and thanks for the patience.
Good weekend

DiabetesForo
07/17/2015 10:21 p.m.

18:00 to 131
19:09 to 135 2 Humalog units
20.26 to 114
21:30 * Dinner
22:00 to 192 3 Humalog units
22:59 to 207 Lantus 15 units
03:00 to 270 Humalog 5 Units Correction.
05:58 to 192
08:12 to 181
08:30 Breakfast and Humalog 8 units
11:00 to 92 at last again well

* Tapas with 2 red wine glasses with chorizo ​​cheese ham and olive

Well, that I have fallen short with the Humalog.

DiabetesForo
07/18/2015 4:33 p.m.

Yes, cookies and wine, wine in the long run but promises

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/18/2015 7:49 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The fast, before the meals better and if necessary, you correct later.
In long meals, out of home, divide the rapid by two, the second dose, when the dessert arrives.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/19/2015 12:39 a.m.

regina said:
the rapid, before the meals better and if necessary, you correct later.
In long meals, out of home, divide the rapid by two, the second dose, when dessert arrives.

Normally regina if I apply it before always only as yesterday as it was in 114 and the cookies were low in HC I thought I would not go up so much but wrong.
Tonight it is up to dinner outside and at the moment I come all day in 126 to see how it follows, tomorrow I tell you.
I will try to apply in two times to see what happens

Greetings and thanks for always answering and having such good ideas.

DiabetesForo
07/19/2015 12:58 a.m.

Thank you all for the good advice of the forum I have greatly improved my glycemia levels
I am already at acceptable levels and being able to dinner normally as before the increases for no apparent reason.
I leave you a cordial greeting for all, thank you again.

DiabetesForo
07/23/2015 2:42 p.m.

We are very happy to help you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2015 3:01 p.m.

Congratulations @Afterego!, And thanks for sharing it with everyone!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/23/2015 5:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

= D>

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/23/2015 7:03 p.m.

I put the Lantus at noon, I know it's not common, but I am doing wonderful.But the insulin theme is left to the compis that they know much more than me.

I see that you have pleasure for the fruit, and I do not know if when you have two pieces of fruit only those or marks for their importance for the rapid.But I have that problem, the fruit would never have dinner, but protein, a salad and bread or noodle soup with a yogurt.The fruit contains enough sugar, I would try slower hydrates to see if you do better.

For example, food, fish battered with pumpkin puree.The most fat click rises more, than if grilled and pumpkin gives me a lot of sugar, I would change it for other vegetables, such as cauliflower.

Then do not mark or at least I have not read that you do sports.I think you must include sport three times a day.It is what regulates me best.The morning walk feels great and allows me to alleviate the phenomenon of Alba.In addition to the night after dinner also helps me to spend a good night.Because the effect of sport lasts a few hours.And I even have an impact on the morning value.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/24/2015 11:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

pochola said:
I put the lantus at noon, I know it's not clear, but I'm going wonderfully.But the insulin theme is left to the compis that they know much more than me.

I see that you have pleasure for the fruit, and I do not know if when you have two pieces of fruit only those or marks for their importance for the rapid.But I have that problem, the fruit would never have dinner, but protein, a salad and bread or noodle soup with a yogurt.The fruit contains enough sugar, I would try slower hydrates to see if you do better.

For example, food, fish battered with pumpkin puree.The most fat click rises more, than if grilled and pumpkin gives me a lot of sugar, I would change it for other vegetables, such as cauliflower.

Then do not mark or at least I have not read that you do sports.I think you must include sport three times a day.It is what regulates me best.The morning walk feels great and allows me to alleviate the phenomenon of Alba.In addition to the night after dinner also helps me to spend a good night.Because the effect of sport lasts a few hours.And I even have an impact on the morning value.

Hi Pochola:

Thank you for the comments and if I do sports every 20 km bicycle and when I do not have it for the work of more than an hour for at least twice a day.
You have to test until you find the best way to have it regulated, any experience helps.
Greetings and thanks again

DiabetesForo
08/03/2015 5:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.