Does anyone have the dexcom G4?

yaiza's profile photo   01/15/2013 6:46 a.m.

HELLO:

Alvian has the new Dexcom G4 sensor?Do you know the advantages over the previous one?

yaiza's profile photo
yaiza
01/15/2013 6:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I will try it this Friday, so I hope to give more information thereafter!:)

On differences, I make a summary of what they say:

* Sensor 60% smaller, but lasts the same time (7 days).
* It is 20% more reliable in the measurement of BG.
* Change of reader format, now it looks like an iPod.
* Now up to 5 meters away between receptor and patch (before 1.5 meters).
* Improvements in graphs and alerts, with greater reliability in data capture, now 97% (before 89%).

You can consult all the detail (in English) in this URL:

fer's profile photo
fer
01/15/2013 12:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The strange thing is not to get it integrated into the mobile.

What will Medtronic take out?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
01/15/2013 4:38 p.m.

Hello everyone in Chile, could you tell me if that medicine is here in my country?
THANK YOU :))

catgina's profile photo
catgina
01/15/2013 8:38 p.m.

Although it is not the case and for my child I still see it premature, the truth, I am impatient to read your experience, I have read the Americans ... let's see what the Spaniards think.A small subsection for Owash, we bought insulin pumping (I do not have it in front and I am not sure how it is written) and we have it as a book for bomb management, it has given us several good ideas and although it seems lies we get that we will prescribe more reactive strips, it has been difficult and we will see how long it lasts, but we must try, in this case we got it a bit for the ignorance of the pediatrician, they do not know what an insulin bomb is, then they trusted a little in our word, they behaved well, asIt has to be.
Fer, I think you will be the first to objectively exceed the Dexcom G4 in Spain, my most sincere congratulations whatever the experience, the truth is that you have to take off your hat with the people who make this page possible.
All the best.

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
01/17/2013 1:16 p.m.

Yes, let's see if Fer tells us how with the new dexcom

Antonio is glad that you have taken advantage of the book.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/17/2013 3:28 p.m.

I have had it for 1 month, I am very happy, it does not notice just, and especially for what is great is to prevent hypos, my husband already sleeps calmly, the failure I find is that it is very expensive.The next request for sensors brings it to me from millpites, much cheaper.
I have looked at eBay, and dexcom.g4 do not leave, almost always they have it is Seven Plus.
Also on Tuesday, the 22nd beginning with the bomb and is great, to be able to program it to the millimeter.

Solete82's profile photo
Solete82
01/17/2013 4:35 p.m.

I am very interested in knowing about the Platinum of Dexcom.I am already more determined than ever to have a continuous meter and a recent comparison published in Medscape days ago put the new G4 very well, although in precision highlighted the Navigator of Abbott, which however penalized in interface, comfort ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/18/2013 3:56 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

It happens to me, I am determined and now I do nothing but read about which one is the best.The Dexcom G4 has a smaller sensor than the Seven but the transmitter is larger (I have seen videos on YouTube comparing the two and there is enough difference; in fact it is what people complain most, that they have made it biggerWhen they say 60% smaller - they refer to the sensors - it seems that it is to give it more reach, but that the battery also lasts less)
I am reading the article you mention and use the Dexcom Seven in the comparison.In fact there is a point where he says that the Dexcom G4 is so good or better than the Navigator: Link
All information is appreciated.When making decisions the more we know the better
Thank you all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/20/2013 7:03 a.m.

Has the User Fer published anything about the G4?I'm dying to know how it goes.

Yesterday I got a Seven in assignment thanks to the Cruces Hospital.And from it I made the order of 4 sensors for the negligible figure of 340 euros plus VAT.To begin with, I do not understand why it is allowed to continue advertising prices without VAT to the final consumer.It is as if you tell me the price of gasoline without taxes.40 cents the liter, hey !!cheap cheap !!!This would have to be illegal.And secondly, I have a December Novalab offer by informing myself about the G4 at mine, and in that mail they told me that the price of the sensors (420 pack of 320 plus VAT.That is, in case they did not have enough commercial margin, they have uploaded another 6% tip, it is already known ... the cost of life.These from Novalab I think they have passed with prices, if we compare them with the consumables bought in the US.

Anyway, that I think today the fighter sensors arrive after the bleeding of your payment, and I will begin to evaluate my impressions in www.kronikoesea.net

And I insist ... fer !!!Where are you !!!I want to know how Platinum is doing !!!And by the way, who has lent you one?Who have you had to kill?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/19/2013 4:17 a.m.

Hello, because all the "novelties" of the Dexcom G4 are very beautiful ... now we are going for the not so beautiful: Evil:

-Transmitter of almost double size
-180 days batteries (the Seven Plus according to factory, 500 days although we know that it is more).

that nonsense these details ... Well, gentlemen a damn shit.
Let's see, I care about a pepper that the receiver is uglier, has no color, or politicians, or ... and go and put a transmitter piece that is what we have to take all the time attached to the body?: (((
That the receiver put it in a pocket, and if it does not fit, in another, or whatever ... but the puncher is stuck to our body ... that of the Seven Plus is very discreet ... now we will carryA nut attached to the body.
A true setback.

Then the duration of the batteries ... of course, if the Seven Plus was already expensive of CO ...same as the Seven Plus, but in 2 years, you buy 4 instead of 1).Applause with ears: Evil:

And of course ... the advantage?Well, the scope now reaches 5 meters instead of 1. But ... Have you asked any of us if we want that, in exchange for the double size attached to the body all the time, and a third of battery durationof a transmitter of 350 euros?
Because friends, if they offer me the G4 with 1 meter range (small transmitter and battery duration 2 years) and the "fantastic" of range 5 meters and battery duration 6 months ... It seems to me that the last one eat itWith potatoes 8)

I've been with Seven Plus for many years and ... it works.I like the G4, but not to change it.But the sad thing about everything is that I will have to like it, yes or yes.

Because I pose again ... If they continue to manufacture the Seven Plus as "low range" and the G4 as "top guay" range (let's say the first 30% cheaper in everything), I stay with the first and notchange, and we would all improve.

Because in addition, the G4 does nothing that does not do the Seven Plus ... more refined, more beautiful, more cool ... and more expensive
I have already read a Yankie review, and basically they say that ... if you have the Seven Plus, the G4 is no reason for the change (even better, it would be more) because they do the same, they detect ups, descents, etc.

Personally, I am "crying" because as soon as my Seven Plus dies, I will not be able to get another transmitter or sensors ... because if not ... do not change or drunk.

We blind ourselves with the novelties, and the G4 even being excellent, I do not see any novelty, simply a prettier presentation, I doubt that the operation changes (because the truth, I with the Seven Plus I am delighted and I do perfectly ...

I wish I could endure until the G5, which will soon come, and after spending 1400 euros in a device ... they will change everything to have to buy the next.

I only ask the G5, to please reduce the scope to 1 meter and return to the Seven Plus transmitter ... because if not, we will end with a connected transmitter via wifi to the network, and the size of a mobile: Evil: Evil: Evil: Evil: Evil: Evil: Evil: Evil:And they will sell it to us as the most requeguay (and 2 -week battery for trnasmodor)

Anyway, I leave it ... disappointed that one is, with the abandonment of the Seven Plus, and the imposition of something that I do not see any practical improvement (at least at the price that must be paid, size and ridiculous battery duration).Fix, on paper ... A SEVEN PLUS on paper, in 3 years it would cost, 1400 euros kit + 2 transmitters to 350 euros (500 days even more, per transmitter) = 2100 euros (sensors a part that is another movieand it is the "thick").
G4 ... 1400 euros Kit + 5 Transmitters to 350 euros = 3150 euros, 50% more (and I do not continue in years because it doesn't matter, at 3 years or before life, the next generation will appear and start over).Upset...

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/09/2013 4:50 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I have "forced" me to change to G5.And you could not have described it better partner, a scam, a hoax, that you have to pay, it is sad to have to endure that they deceive us without being able to protest anywhere.What a shit this new G4 !!!
Greetings

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/11/2013 6:11 p.m.

Hello ... Well, you used the Seven Plus ... you can give us first -hand impressions.
As I said, the beautiful I leave it (the receiver is smaller, more adjustments, better visibility ...)

I go to what worries me: how does the transmitter attached to the body feel?bothers?Does it show with clothes?When sleeping?

How long do you have been with him?Have you spent any transmitter already?

greetings

pabloj2000
04/11/2013 7:09 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello everyone, after using the new G4 for a while, my impressions are fast and concrete ... of what a scam !!!Improvements: It is true that perhaps it is a bit more exact than the Seven, but very little, I was luxurious to me, the most modern monitor, yes, but with tiny digits !!!I go in the race and I almost have to stop looking at the glucose figure that is not seen how little it is the digit !!!And another very important fact !!!He did not take a sensor or crazy more than 12 days!In perfect condition, I think it has a better paste, because it barely makes a signal and endures perfectly stuck, but the one that has lasted me the most of the 3 that I spent spent 12 days, when the Seven was easy to get 15 days, andThen the issuer 6 months !!!Please !!I think the only thing that has echoed has improved their business, not their device.
I will be attentive to any other continuous meter, because the truth is the quality of life is incomparable with MGC, but it is sad to see how they take the opportunity to get your money, therefore when you find something similar change! '
This is my opinion about the Dexcom G4.
1Saludo

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/03/2013 1:01 a.m.

Oh and forgot something important, I change to G4 because they forced me, I have an impeccable seven, that I cannot use because they no longer sell the sensors for this, bone a Seven Plus, to throw in the trash!
OUTRAGEOUS!!

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/03/2013 1:04 a.m.

Your opinions seem very interesting.But I recommend one thing: that you will know Dexcom.I would send them an email.If they do not have user feedback, they will do what they want again.But it has disappointed me a lot what I have read about the G4, the truth.What happens is that the other alternative is the Guardian, which today has a receiver that is simply the box of an insulin pump, with a pathetic screen and some null options.But as I understand, the Guardian is about to leave in "smartphone" version;With what would only need the transmitter, since the receiver would be your own mobile and the built -in software that you put in the -shaped -shaped.That does look good.The bad thing is that the Medtronic Transmitter is also very big.And when I had it, it bothered me a little sometimes, I noticed punctures, and I nailed it in certain movements when playing sports, due to its enormous size and the shape of a bass.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/03/2013 4:27 a.m.

Hello everyone, after using the new G4, my impressions are fast and concrete .....ItImprovements: It is true that perhaps it is a bit more exact than the Seven, but very little, I was luxurious to me, the most modern monitor, yes, but with tiny digits !!!I go in the race and I almost have to stop looking at the glucose figure that is not seen how little it is the digit !!!And another very important fact !!!He did not take a sensor or crazy more than 12 days!In perfect condition, I think it has a better paste, because it barely makes a signal and endures perfectly stuck, but the one that has lasted me the most of the 3 that I spent spent 12 days, when the Seven was easy to get 15 days, andThen the issuer 6 months !!!Please !!I think the only thing that has echoed has improved their business, not their device.
I will be attentive to any other continuous meter, because the truth is the quality of life is incomparable with MGC, but it is sad to see how they take the opportunity to get your money, therefore when you find something similar change! '
This is my opinion about the Dexcom G4.
1Saludo

Well, it is confirmed what I feared.It is that in diabetes, the important thing is operation, the presentation does not matter (and in this case, surely for many uses, it is worse ... who does not know those mobile screens of excellent resolutions that in broad daylight are not seen... but a monochrome LCD, is it?
Indeed, they have improved their business, the sensors, another interesting detail that you mention ... that you notice that last something less.I have read in a Yankie forum who has tried to use Seven Plus sensors, and Parce that can be achieved (they have put some notches simply to avoid their use).

Of course, Dexcom can solve it ... to put the old kit in production again, it is an excellent and 100% functional product ... to see if I can hold up to the G5, which I hope will not put it again.

about the size of the transmitter ... how is it carried?annoy more?

From the current Dexcom, they did not tell me anything in the sensor distributor, they would only tell me that the transmitter no longer had it (however, in the USA transmitters and sensors are still marketed without major problems, although they are "inviting" the changeof the G4).

Anyway, a bad step by Dexcom, I would not care to be given it, but leaving both functional and operational systems, but if they did, who was going to change to the G4?Well no one.

greetings

pabloj2000
05/04/2013 8:04 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Your opinions seem very interesting.But I recommend one thing: that you will know Dexcom.I would send them an email.If they do not have user feedback, they will do what they want again.But it has disappointed me a lot what I have read about the G4, the truth.What happens is that the other alternative is the Guardian, which today has a receiver that is simply the box of an insulin pump, with a pathetic screen and some null options.But as I understand, the Guardian is about to leave in "smartphone" version;With what would only need the transmitter, since the receiver would be your own mobile and the built -in software that you put in the -shaped -shaped.That does look good.The bad thing is that the Medtronic Transmitter is also very big.And when I had it bothered me a little sometimes, I noticed punctures, and I nailed it in certain movements when playing sports, due to its enormous size and the shape of a bass.

Hello, I think no system that uses a needle can succeed.If it is invasive, you necessarily have to wear a flexible thread like the Dexcom (do not find out, and it allows you to do whatever you want), a nailed needle is always a source of problems and discomforts.And if it is not invasive, then see if systems like the belt that was in tests and the like appear.But for me, Dexcom, today, has no rival, although little by little, they are loading it.And I don't know why they want to "modernize" when what they had to do was continue with the Seven Plus and be amortized (lowering prices), which in health issues we do not want beautiful pots or "guays", only efficiency, robustness and simplicity, seeA number, an arrow and ended.

All the best

pabloj2000
05/04/2013 8:07 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I have the Dexcom G4 sensor for a year or more.
The transmitter you carry in your body is twice as large as the Seven Plus.As a child there is nothing.
As for the pressure reading of glucose, if it is much more accurate than the Seven Plus.I would say that 40% more precise.
You are also right about the distance between the receiver and transmitter is much greater.
I recommend this sensor a lot.It is necessary.

csilhy's profile photo
csilhy
11/07/2013 4:27 p.m.

Solete82 said:
I have had it for 1 month, I am very happy, it does not notice just, and especially for what is great is to prevent the hypos, my husband already sleeps calmly, the failure I findIt is very expensive.The next request for sensors brings it to me from millpites, much cheaper.
I have looked at eBay, and dexcom.g4 do not leave, almost always they have it is Seven Plus.
Also on Tuesday, the 22nd beginning with the bomb and is great, to be able to program it to the millimeter.

Hello: could you tell me how much a box of sensors comes out and where do I have to ask for?thank you

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
05/26/2014 9:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.