The birthday .....

aranzazuleg's profile photo   08/26/2015 1:13 p.m.

Let's see something else that is around my head, in two months my son turns years, two specifically, and I don't know what to do.

I was already older and I really do not celebrate more birthday from 12-13, but my son are two years old and something will have to be done, more than anything for Mñn's day he sees his face with both candles.

aaaaiiiiinnn good and that I do, I buy a normal cake PQ at the moment I do not eat or prepare something without sugar.PQ and if I don't prepare anything and want to take .....

And what do I prepare without sugar, do you have a recipe for a cake?What do the bases that sell a cake made have a lot of sugar?

Apart from the fact that I have very little desire to celebrate anything, last year I made to gominate cake and prepare a very cool party, I get depressed when I remember it ..... Anyway, I don't know what to do.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/26/2015 1:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would look at a tutorial to make a cake without sugar, contained in HC and fats, etc. You can even look in a bakery if they prepare special cakes without sugar, in some places they already make them.More than anything because they are 2 years and take that illusion in his day, it is like at Christmas the "kings" or "Pope Noel" does not bring anything, already with the years it may happen to how others that theOur birthday is another day with anything special, but for now you should do everything in you hand to see that illusion and happiness on the face.I can't contribute much more, nor do I think he is the one, wait for some mother in your situation to advise you better.greetings

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/26/2015 1:22 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Aranzazuleg, do not hesitate to celebrate your child's birthday, if unforgettable memories.In my free time I like to get back for the kitchen, at any dinner or food with friends, I take care of the snacks and desserts, from my daughter's diagnosis I have not wanted, but now I am trying and calculating the HC rations of HC ofThose who like her, although hopefully she likes sweetly.When is your child's birthday?Let's see if I can try and send you any recipe, for now I have only one of cheese and a coffee flan calculated, in case you are worth it.
Anyway look at this link, this girl has a blog with all the calculated rations of each recipe Link

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/26/2015 1:37 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I remember my daughter's first cumpkeeños that we commissioned a sugar -free cake and gave diarrhea to all the children for the sorbitol that llavated ... then we made them with fructose and uploaded it.Same.
Total, a normal cake and normal snacks are better.And you calculate the dose.Nor do they usually eat too much cake and also play much.
It is not necessary to be of jellyla ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2015 1:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think the same, don't deprive him of the party.
One thing you can do is buy the normal cake for the guests and to make a cake or something that you have already caused at home or as you have a bomb, that you eat a little cake and adjust.I think that I need 1-1.5 units more since they are more sensitive to insulin

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/26/2015 1:58 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Make him a piñata with gifts, they have a great time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2015 2:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You have an obsession to eat things without sugar ... What do we have insulin for?We are not type 2.

When you feel like a whim you calculate the dose to the eye and throw a little down in case, and then what is needed.
Pico is going to be because they are sugars that are absorbed very fast, what you have to try is that this peak lasts as little as possible but without going to hiccups later.

Also your child has a bomb and the free is not?This is much easier to control the whims.

This summer did not deprive myself of anything, I ate ice cream when I wanted and I did not find great difficulty.

It is clear that it cannot be done every day, but a small peak from time to time is admissible.

PS: In this forum it gives me the impression that rowing to countercurrent, I must have a very wrong vision of the disease.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/26/2015 2:47 p.m.

My son is 4 years old, diabetic 2. Sus. First Christmas only asked the Magi a cake.They loved.We made a cake of three sugarless chocolates.When we get the accounts, do not believe that we save so much in carbohydrates although in sugars.I did it once again for your birthday but we have realized that for the piece you eat and the difference in hydrates is not worth it.We buy the cake that you want and that's what insulin is for.I agree with Artorias.With ice cream we have done the same this summer.Taking it into account you can compensate and much better if you have a bomb.We have insufflon and also allows us to correct.Enjoy your birthday.You will see how eating goes to the background because what you want is to play.It will eat less than you think.My diabetic husband more than 40 years ago says that I have to let him be a child and he is right.I prefer that the excess be controlled to do it in secret.Cheer up

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
08/26/2015 3:04 p.m.

I have gone crazy looking and comparing the amounts of HC of the sugar -free products with which they carry, and the truth few differences I have found, even some without wearing more.When I do tests I mean calculating total HC, seeing what it usually takes, calculating insulin and seeing how it reacts.And the truth with a portion of which no problem took before.

RocioLlinares
08/26/2015 3:19 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I am with @Artorias, it is a specific moment, I do not think it is worth lia.That I eat a trozao, you put a little more insulin and you control, for next time, I modify what is necessary and that's it ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/26/2015 5:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

@Aranzazuleg I agree with others, I would buy a normal cake and I would adjust the insulin dose, with the pump you can easily correct it if it needs it.Anyway nothing happens because one day their glycemia are not perfect.Do not deprive him (or you as a mother) of his second birthday.I think it is important for your mental health.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/26/2015 9:10 p.m.

Thank you all, :-)

Rociollinares: could you send me the coffee flan recipe?Not for your birthday if not for me, that sounds very good to me, hehehe ...

Yesterday I passed through the Super and I saw that there are biscoches s/a could then put the chocolate filling s/a tb, but I don't know, it is better to do what you say all, buy a mickey mouse cake and that's it, that's it,Pq if then it will not eat and if it takes a Pizco it is not so much either.

It will make him more grace to see the doll than eat a piece.

For me I have wide manga, but it costs me ... is that it is very small and you have many years of disease ahead.

I'll tell you, thanks for the tips.

aranzazuleg
08/27/2015 10:38 a.m.

Of course, Aranzaluleg, that is done.
1 l.of cream for cooking (I use the Asturian), but you can use the one you want and with the least amount of fat.
1 over 8 -port Royal flan
7 coffees (I always put decaffeinated from the machine, and you can put the ones you want according to taste)

You put the cream with the envelope of the flan, without stopping to remove so that it does not stick.You let boil a few minutes, remove from heat and mix the coffees.And pour on a mold or individual molds that you will have put the candy that comes with the flan (if you want to reduce HC, because you put less amount of caramel).You let cool and the refrigerator.
I have never put sugar, and now for more reason.
If you get with two layers when cooling (one looks like gelatin), nothing happens, it is even more original, it depends on the type of cream you use, I think it is caused by the amount of fat it carries (more than 35%).
I have the HC rations calculated for this amount, but I am in the OFI and I have it at home, if you want I tell you this afternoon.
If you do it you tell me.

RocioLlinares
08/27/2015 11:08 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It seems easy ... either do you throw a saccharin?

aranzazuleg
08/27/2015 1:19 p.m.

I have taken longer to write the recipe than what it costs to do ...;)
Nothing of saccharin, neither sugar, nor any other extra sweetener ..... only the one that carries the royal.With the sweetness that we like the caramel ..... you can always try it before it sets and add what you like best ....

RocioLlinares
08/27/2015 1:29 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

mmmmm ok ..... I haven't had time to see if I have Royal envelopes at home .....

aranzazuleg
08/28/2015 11:40 a.m.

Hey is worth the brand flan Chinese mandarin?

aranzazuleg
08/28/2015 3:59 p.m.

aranzuleg said:
I do have a wide manga, but it costs me ... is that it is very small and they have many years of illness ahead.

Hopefully not.I trust science a lot, but not in the hurry that are giving themselves to what is related to our disease, which have none.

Your child will see something that cures him or makes his life very very simple, do not hesitate.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/29/2015 8:43 a.m.

Precisely because he has many years of diabetes, keep in mind that not everything is glycemic control, there is also the depression that is often associated with this disease.If you throw a lot from the string, it will break ... In addition, as Arctors says, we are not type 2, we have insulin.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/29/2015 10:35 a.m.

I am not an expert or anything like that, but I think there are sugar -free chocolates:

Link

There are also sugar -free treats:

Link

Once I had the opportunity to try it (the chocolate of that brand) and I assure you that the taste was exactly the same as a normal chocolate, the truth is that I was surprised.

They are somewhat expensive products, but it is a very special occasion.Remember that the baby has to understand that these sweets are not like the ones they sell in the store, it is not something that is confused, it is the only thing.

He also thinks that a birthday party is much more than chucheías.Up there they told you the option of the piñatas.There are many more options, if you have space, and taking advantage of the summer, you can make water games with balloons.You can also call some cousin to make some clown show, I did it many years ago with my little cousin and I loved doing it.

There are many options, and it is worth it.

A hug to all.

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
08/29/2015 5:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.