{'en': 'Vomiting and diarrhea, how to act?', 'es': 'Vómitos y diarreas, como actuar??'} Image

Vomiting and diarrhea, how to act?

campanilla's profile photo   04/09/2013 5:20 a.m.

Good I wanted to ask you a question since in these cases I don't know very well to do.

When we have diarrhea or vomiting and we are wrong and we eat almost anything because we don't get what we do?

We click the slow simply so that they do not give us low or how we do because if we click the fast and we do not eat anything the glucose low

The last time this happened to me, the hospital entered me because I was super bad because I did not click neither slow nor fast and before I happened again I wanted to ask you what you do.

All the best,

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
04/09/2013 5:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first thing I think you have to urgently do is go to the doctor :-)
I almost 3 years of evolution last 2 times.In both cases what they always seek is not to vomit, giving me, for example, they primpe.Then the typical soft diete-cite, much agüita and those things.Insulin because the slow thing as always and the rapid because the same.That if I force myself has eat all the rations even if it is boiled rice.Down few because they told me because they were something normally bacterial makes the levels rather high.Well this is my experience but I suppose each body is different.
Hugs, Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/09/2013 2:16 p.m.

Thank you very much for answering Quim, the truth is that I have been the revenge for me to go down several times and I do not click anything of fast insulin just slowly hehe
all the best

campanilla
04/15/2013 11:57 a.m.

The slow must always prick it, and if it is normally, it must be increased by 20%, but better not increase anything and if that correct.
The fast instead of clicking it before meals, putting it later depending on whether or not you assimilate the food
They had to enter me as a child because everything I ate vomited it and did not go back to the Hipso (they had to prick the glucagon at home).I used NPH and of course, I could not take anything when I had the insulin peak.With current slow insulins that should not happen.

But the most important thing is that although it does not eat, the slow (basal) must always put it.I do not know where I read that someone had had an intestinal virus and did not skewer insulin, believing that it did not have to wear.The next day he continued with the much stronger vomiting and finding himself really very bad and believed that it was because the virus "was very strong" on the third day I ended up in the ICU in ketone coma.The story ends well, because he told himself :)

tica's profile photo
tica
04/15/2013 12:42 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

What happened to me happened to me almost what I went to the second day and they entered me directly and all night they did controls every hour and they put an insulin bomb and I had a fatal, I had no strength for anything so I asked forI didn't happen again hehe
all the best

campanilla
04/16/2013 11:15 a.m.

TB It is good to drink water with some sugar or juices, avoid dehydration and low, but little by little, like spoonfuls not to cause vomiting and the body accepts it.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/06/2017 10:04 a.m.

The slow should never remove it and in case of vomiting and diarrhea, or assist the doctor or take some primperam type and when vomiting stops start ingesting oral serum, they are usually flavored and carry a little sugar soIt comes to the case that you have the sugar somewhat low

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/06/2017 1:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

We are going to see, when you are with that clinical picture of vomiting and diarrhea, it is most likely to have serious ketoacidosis, and theirs is not going to the doctor, but going to the emergency directly and without wasting time.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/06/2017 1:45 p.m.

We must take serum if or if and to quickly correct the glycemia values, which in these cases is usually high, so as not to enter ketoacidosis.It would be convenient to have strips to see how the ketone bodies and if it gives very positive to go to emergencies ... ask the endocrine the guidelines to follow in cases ...
And always in doubt you go to the hospital to the emergency department ...

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
07/06/2017 3:40 p.m.

The truth is that I don't know what to do in these cases.On the 5 at night after dinner I had a frightening whistle I had to put an electric blanket and that in Madrid we were 36 degrees.The fact is that after a while I began to vomit like crazy so I called 112 and sent me a doctor home.He put an injection of Primperam to cut my vomiting and told me that he will take honey since I undergo the glucose in a chopped glucose and the sugar I had taken either I didn't hold on in my stomach, which will take it little by little.in which the jaleo began until three in the morning when I already raised in 108 I was with a continuous glucose rise and low was not a strong hypo but being so unstable and not having seen me in another one was very scared because the same thing the same thingHe had 62 that 71. The doctor went like at 2 and told me not to sleep until I have traced a lot and have stabilized me a little."Much less that ... in the afternoon I managed to speak with the GP that told me that the basal will go down to just over half and that it was uploading it as I found me, that I continue with high values ​​that the three hundred and pileHe was not worried that a hypo was much more dangerous and that what he had was a gastritis that ate cooked chicken and potatoes, and suppress the lacteos.
Well here I am and I still know what you have to do in these cases
I think the slow was the one that made me lower the glucose because being very sensitive to insulin and having that night only 108 I did not get fast.Anyway, if you can guide me, I thank you very much
Greetings and thank you very much and forgive the rollazo that I have put you

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
07/10/2017 8:20 p.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

Hi @"Cristinarivera" I, with the theme of vomiting, the first thing I look at is acetone in the urine, I discard an acetoacidosis, they sell strips tubes in the pharmacy.In your case and according to the doctor, it seems that it was a gastritis, by vomiting what you had dinner and the slow insulin continues to do its effect without having anything in the stomach, it caused you a decrease in glucose, something very similar happened to me withA digestion cut.It is also good to have glucagon in the fridge for these types of cases.You can do what your doctor told you until you are well, you put half of the slow to prevent, and you are running quickly, a while after eating in case the vomiting come back, so that it does not upload too much.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/10/2017 11:02 p.m.

Thank you very much @"runing50", the truth is that I didn't even think about ketoacidosis, the truth is that you do not even measure acetone in the urine I am fish in many things but I will buy strips to have at home and something will tell me in thepharmacy.The doctor told me that even if it was very high that I ate it was not going to cause ketoacidosis and then I had to send me to the hospital .... I have glucagon in the fridge but believed it was only
For severe hypoglycemia.Maybe the Samur doctor who attended me could have put me some glucose instead of having me with honey three hours but hey the same thing or did not know or did not know, he was a very friendly South American and very impressed by the scar of my gutMore than asking me for her ... Finally, thank you again and greetings

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
07/10/2017 11:24 p.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

Better than honey are cocacola sips, which also feels the stomach.
Primperate injection cuts the vomiting fast, my daughter had to be put sometime, and prevented her from entering, but I remember those viral gastroenteritis, which used to give her in summer, with a lot of anguish, for the hypos and for being far awayof the hospital.
Recently I learned that glucagon can be put into small doses and with insulin syringes .., I would have done that if I had known it ..
Anyway, the best thing in those cases is that they enter you, that for a diabetic it can be a very complicated situation, and more if you live alone.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2017 1:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Glucagon can be put only one part, for example half, for cases how there is no serious hypo.REGINA Take Coca Cola with gastritis ... I don't know, I have my doubts.I never have Coca Cola at home and as a rule in case of vomiting I look at both glucose and acetone, if the two are high, do what you do, you will get worse, so directly, if the acetone is high it is onlyWhen Coca Cola can be taken but the juices are also worth it and if you vomit it, they sell in the suppository pharmacy (I do not remember the brand) that the acetone lowers you.But the glucagon is indispensable to prevent the declines and more in a person living alone, given the doubt, it is better to have a glucose peak, which you will go down, than to run the risk of a severe hypo.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/11/2017 8:37 a.m.

As as @"regina" says in my house and the most frequently, family, work, in the car, gym or paddle bags etc.ME are medicine in case of hypoglycemia, fast and efficient.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/11/2017 8:54 a.m.

@"Sigsauer" but it will be because you like them, I don't like them.The exact recommendation to take Coca Cola is when you have cetosis, that is, high acetone and low glucose because Coca Cola neutralizes acetone very well.With ketoacidosis or you can take it.And in case of hypoglycemia alone, each person can do well a different thing, who is going well for Coca Cola because forward, the juices go better or I also have empty bags of 80cc fruit puree that I have filled withWater with very concentrated sugar in 50 gr.and 80 gr to prevent strong hypos when I am away from home and I don't have the glucagon at hand.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/11/2017 1:10 p.m.

@"Runing50" It is clear that each one works better, to me, especially for comfort and by custom what best and above all faster is the sugar and coca tail to go back when I am low and I haveTryed a lot of glucose gels, now to do sports, I usually wear isostar that also does very well ..

I don't like Coca Coca especially, I ever like it with a little wine ... :))

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/11/2017 1:43 p.m.

Buf how complicated it is.I just spent 2 fatal days, especially the first with decomposition and vomiting, all at once, but the worst thing is that I returned to serum!With that scare, I did not puncture the slow one, and in the food that ate a biscote with ham york, it already rose to 275, and although at night I already click the quick, and I returned to dinner a biscote with York, I arrived at340!I was clicking the quick unit in unity, but I spent the whole night at 224 approx.Today I click the slow one, and the rapids according to my calculations for what I have been able to eat, but now before dinner, I return 274!I am afraid to click faster, but it does not go down or back ... Luckily nothing comes out, neither above or below, now it is only stabilizing the happy sugar ...

valky's profile photo
valky
09/15/2023 8:59 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I don't know, but I would have put it slow.It is basal, in independent principle of what is eaten.If we do not put it on, we start the day high and the rapid alone is not enough.
I always wear it, what I varied according to situations is the rapid.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/15/2023 9:19 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I usually do as many have said ... I put the basal.And I'm drinking serum and if I'm low because I don't have traguitos of the famous Aquarius and I regulate with the fast and if I don't need it, then nothing.
If I am more or less good, Aquarius Zero, and when I go better I introduce soft diet and the rapid little by little ...
Of course, if I saw that decomposition or vomiting is not cut, then to the doctor ...
But normally with this I have always improved ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/15/2023 11:16 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.