Humalog and Lantus at the same time ???

RocioLlinares's profile photo   08/28/2015 10:09 a.m.

I need your advice !!!
In the almost three months we have been with this, we had never seen a 200 in the control of before bedYou must take it to avoid night hypos.Last night we find a 264 !!!!And that he expected a hiccup, he did not feel like dinner at all and in the end we managed to take a yogurt with cereals, this was about 9. I get super nervous when I see a 200, it was time to prick lantus and was afraid to rectify withFast, I don't know if there is any problem in clicking the two at the same time.In the end we rectified with a fast, it was measured again at 30 min.and had dropped to 131 !!!!Another surprise, I did not expect him to go down so much only with one unit.So ... I don't know if we did the right thing, I have spent the pending night of each movement and very afraid ... if you can help me I would thank you very much !!!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/28/2015 10:09 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Rocio the first, calm, nothing happens because at a timely moment he has those figures, do not scare that nothing will happen to him.
There may have happened 1000 things, that insulin did not absorb well, that there was a bubble, because if simply ... there are many factors that we do not know, unfortunately and it is not to discourage you but there will be more days with those figures or even more.
You did well to correct him, there is no problem that the humalog is put on at the same time that the lantus and then whenever it is corrected, it must be monitored because many times when correcting a climb it gives us a descent and then a bounce and we enter a spiralof rise-corijo-bajada-rope-corijo that takes to get ready
You did it perfect !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/28/2015 11:20 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Ufffff many gala gala !!!!!At least I am calmer for next time .....

RocioLlinares
08/28/2015 11:33 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I always put the lantus with dinner humalog.It is avoiding another session of punctures.

260 It is not a dangerous value, it is a small hyper, nothing happens.You can correct but without passing.So you tell your daughter, a single fast unit lowers, care that sometimes we want to go from perfectionists and we end up with a hypo that is much more unpleasant.

If you get hysterical you transmit it to your daughter and make him harder to take the disease.

Be clear that it will not always be in an ideal glucose range, diabetes are not mathematics.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/28/2015 6:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also put the Lantus as well as the novorapid of breakfast, nothing happens.The only thing is obviously having cited not to confuse the doses.

It is true that values ​​such as 260 Although they are high, we have diabetes and it is not uncommon for us to see them, such a damn is this disease.But I think you did very well to correct because if it was before going to sleep it would have spent many hours high.And man for a day nothing happens, but I think that for our good and because I am the best possible in the future it is important to avoid being in Hiper many hours.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/28/2015 7:02 p.m.

It also seems to me that a fast unit has lowered the glucose, although the lantus has helped.
Could it be that I had the fingers with juice or something sweet?
Anyway you did very well to correct.

EITHER

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/28/2015 7:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina, because the truth is that I do not know, I was doubting it and I worried that I would go down so much with only one, I thought it would be when you put both at the same time, from there my consultation ..... I had two hours from the dinnerAnd just that day we sat together on the couch, that is, I had it quite controlled, but to know ...

RocioLlinares
09/01/2015 5:29 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I think that the fast from dinner acted late .., depending on where he clicks, acts less fast ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2015 8:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hi Rocio !!!!

You acted great and as the compis have already told you, they are high values ​​but you should not be alarmed, you will see those and many more high.
They also comment in the area that the insulin was injected, you alternate the areas?, It usually happens to us that by clicking many times in the same area a kind of hardness is formed, which has a rare name (daughter, is that I for the namesI am very bad, I still call my mother -in -law "mother -in -law" because the name is forgotten and it is called Manuela or was Antonia?
I understand that you have been very little time, but being everything calm as you can, it is an "entertaining" disease and you will learn from it little by little.
Many kisses and many spirits.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
09/01/2015 10:44 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

Regina go to know ...... And as Chimo says, if we rotate the injection points at the moment, because now that the school begins, I suppose that for comfort and discretion will always do so in the same places.
And so much that it is an entertaining effermenity !!!!Maria was diagnosed at the end of the course and after her discharge she no longer returned, only one day left and they went on an excursion, so we started new course, with new books and diabetes, if we did not have enough to prepare all the school material now than ifchips, intruptions, meetings with teachers ....... to update everything related to diabetes and have the minimum problem, and that it autocontrola herself, my mother when sheSmall children's trafficking !!!!I have really been very lucky with school, tomorrow I have a meeting with all the teachers, any advice?;)
And Chimo with respect to the names, veryyyyy well !!!!, but I am like you .....
Many grace to all of your advice.

RocioLlinares
09/02/2015 noon

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

As a advice for teachers: to treat her as a normal girl and not as a weird bug, she is a girl like all and can do the same activities as all, including excursions or trips.
They always put on me

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/02/2015 3:23 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Let you know you will have to measure yourself, take sugar or juice when you need it, go to the bathroom,
etc
Leave the glucagon in the school, which I do not think I will need it, but if there is no nurse, or anyone volunteer, they would call emergencies.
It informs mainly to the physical education teacher.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2015 9:09 p.m.

Well ro !!!!
Tell us how were those first days?

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
09/09/2015 7:51 p.m.

Hello chimo,
Maria begins tomorrow the school, and it will be much harder than it was ...... The meeting with the teachers had last day 3, but that same day and early in the morning we received the sad andTragic news of my father's death with 74 years, a fundamental pillar in my mother's life (who in 4 years has overcome two cancers and was now great), a very important part for my daughters with whom I played every day, theThat he collected every day from the school, he took them to his training and helped in his duties ...Everyone already knows about their illness.
Today my little one began and Maria's tutor was waiting for me to tell me that I wouldcontrol it as best we can.
I would not have liked to tell you about this issue, but since you have helped me from the first moment, now I just want to give you the grace for everything, for your support and for your advice and encourage you to overcome and carry out the best, possible everything related toDiabetes, enjoy day by day and to be happy ...... We never know what will happen to us tomorrow .....

RocioLlinares
09/10/2015 11:01 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Rocío, very important to overcome everything, many times the blows of life come together.
A hug and you'll see how your girl will be very well treated in that school.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/10/2015 12:03 p.m.

Hi Rocio, courage.

Have you asked in school what are your daughter to follow?The schools usually have a nurse who serves children, and according to my news, they are forced to attend your girl with a support nurse.

There is a very good publication about diabetes in pediatric age, I leave you the link:

Link

Greetings.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
09/10/2015 7:42 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

I'm very sorry and from here I send you and many kisses for everyone.
Be as calm as possible, unfortunately a few weeks ago, I also lost a great friend and the lack of control of glucose is normal, I can't get up with less than 200, I don't know why but problems affect us too much at our levels.
I hope it is a great adaptation to school and the teachers support you in everything, which will surely do it.
You will inform us please of evolution and how it carries its controls.
Many kisses again and here you have us for what you need.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
09/10/2015 9:42 p.m.

@Rociollinares I am very sorry about your father, I send you a huge hug.You will see how things in school are better than you think, your daughter is done a whole champion!

@Chimo I feel your friend and if, of course it is disgust that when we go through hard times on top we have to be dealing with hyperglycemia.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/10/2015 9:46 p.m.

Thanks Inday, but believe me if I tell you that I am glad, I had the chunga disease and the poor was having a fatal, with a quick and very destructive evolution.
But all forward and continue to war, that in the background for that we are here.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
09/10/2015 10:11 p.m.

I am very sorry, I know what you will be happening ..... if it serves you as comfort you think you could say goodbye, we don't even like that., From my point of view it is just as hard ..... He got up, he went for a walk like every day and we could not see him again, we stayed with his memory just like you, think about the bad times .....
With respect to Maria, we were quite happy because her values ​​in recent days did not exceed 120/130, but since that day she is always around 200 and we could not lower it .....
At noon we have the meeting with his teachers and this afternoon we go through the association, which we still could not go .... I already tell you how everything has gone.
Muos Gracias for your moods !!!!You are great in all aspects ...

RocioLlinares
09/11/2015 10:50 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.