Humalog and Lantus at the same time ???

RocioLlinares's profile photo   08/28/2015 10:09 a.m.

Well we have already had the meeting with the professors.I knew we were not going to have many problems, but it has been better yet, they have been greatly involved.They already have a place in the first aid myself with the name of Maria with all their data, with a glucometer, a puncture and reserve glucose envelopes in case one day you forget, and with the glucagon in the refrigerator.Although we carried everything in writing with some of some for the tutor and others for the teacher of Physical Education, apart from their agendas the most important have been recorded in their agendas.They were curious to know everything that can happen, why and the solution and have already decided that either the director or the science teacher will be responsible for supplying the glucagon if necessary.They have even asked us to leave them all the books we have about diabetes, that they would like to read them ...... So very grateful to all of them ........
We have thanked them for everything and their answer has been that it was their obligation and by telling them that not in all the cabbage it was like that and that many parents have had problems for this, they could not believe it.I just want all those who started with diabetes have the same fate as us, much encouragement !!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/11/2015 3:57 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Rocío, I'm glad you had luck, because the truth is that, legal obligation to put glucagon, they don't have.There is always some voluntary teacher, but the only obligatory thing is to call Emergencies.
A nurse is needed in schools, who tracks the children who need it.I cannot understand how it is not contemplated by law.There are psychologists, speech therapists, special educators, but a nurse, who is essential, do not put it.I hope that from diabetic associations they demand it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/11/2015 5:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Rocío, created that they have given you very good advice and you have had a very good answer from the colé.

Just tell you that my father died 4 years ago suddenly, simply one day he did not get up.It was hard, very hard ... It seems that life will never be the one before ... but time passes, one day it ceases to be the first thought and after one year, 2 or more you can see photos, you canTalking about him, the pain turns to a memory ... it is overcome, although now you see it very complicated.On diabetes, that day I put the autopilot, high corregia, go down something sweet ... and so on that I saw myself with strength to resume diabetes, it was 15 days, but sometimes there is a short break, I don't knowThey can have everything in the head ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/11/2015 11:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Rocío I'm very happy, keep fighting, encouragement.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/11/2015 11:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Rocío, if glycemia are high all day, the lantus goes up.Half unit if you can, and if not, one.
It will need more insulin dose until growth ends.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/12/2015 3:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I'm very happy !!!!!The involvement of the school is out of the ordinary, that you have reserved a site for their things, and that they already have stipulated who will provide glucagon is very good, because they could enter Sock and not decide who supplies it in extreme cases.
You will see how everything is great, at first they will ask about 30 times a day if you are well hahahaha.
As I told you countless times, here you have me for what you need.
A huge kiss for everyone and much encouragement.

P.S;You are right, we could "say goodbye", although you never do, you always have the hope that the next day everything will have happened and it will be fine again.But, all forward and continue fighting.
As Tica says, time heals, every day that passes is a step forward.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
09/12/2015 10:14 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.