Do sugar meters really work?

Sherpa41's profile photo   05/30/2013 9:45 a.m.

I have 4 new sugar meters, two One Touch Ultra2 , a Onetouch Ultraeasy and a Menarini glucomenlxplus .

Right with the same drop of blood the glucomen has given me 161, the Onetouch2 197 and the Onetoucheasy 245 .: Shock:

I have a few days comparing results and they always do the same thing, the Ultraeasy goes enough to its ball so I have already ruled out.The glucomen and the ultra2 instead follow more or less one pattern, here I put some results:

Glucomen-Ultra2
106-124
112-143
148-176
175-195
188-250
252-327

It seems that ultra2 almost always gets 20% more in its results.But of course with which one I keep the glucomen or the ultra2?

Is there any place where they are calibrated or can you tell you to trust me?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/30/2013 9:45 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Take the prospects of both glucometers and look to see the measurement technology they use.
Not all glucometers measure in the same way.

Nor can you compare 2 glycemias ... not even with the same meter.
Amount of blood, time to absorb blood, moisture ...
It is impossible to make 2 equal attempts and much less at home, without specialized instruments.

Finally:
The technology and current legality is so.
They can go up to 20% between different glucometers.

It is best to choose 1 only glucometer and make all measurements with him.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/30/2013 12:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It only occurs to me to do the test when you notice a downturn.
If it puts 60 and in the other 80, the first one looks better.

But come on, to say something.It is quite incredible what you show.
One thing is that they can have a margin of 20% error, and another very different one that always pulls up or down.That is not margin, it is deviation.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/30/2013 4:56 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

The dowers are detected by 2, when I have a low I am not to do many tests, I usually look at it when I am drinking a juice or coca cola, but since I have used those 2 quite a while, they have always detected it well.

It is from 80 or 90 that the Onetouch begins to deviate up, or the glucomen deviates down.That is what I don't know and I fuck me.It is not the same to adjust insulin for 115 as for 150 or for 240 or 320.:?:

But come on, to say something.It is quite incredible what you show.
One thing is that they can have a margin of 20% error, and another very different one that always pulls up or down.That is not margin, it is deviation.

Well, if I have spent almost a 50% box and 99% of results follow that pattern.The strange thing is that the ultra2 east, before I was compared to an ultra1 and another ultra2 and coincide practically always, with variations of 5% at most.

The problem is that in Social Security they had no ultra strips and they gave me the glucomen and many boxes, but I am aboutThey look a little high, because with the lowest values ​​of the glucomen I have the feeling of always being a little high of sugar, although the machine says that I am fine.Although I don't know if it's suggestion.:?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/30/2013 11:22 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Look when the meters have their time it is necessary to perform the test with the liquid that comes in the Embase when it is new ... that is glucose and the prospect tells you how much it has to give to know if it is balanced .....

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
05/31/2013 10:10 a.m.

Take the prospects of both glucometers and look to see the measurement technology they use.

It is impossible to make 2 equal attempts and much less at home, without specialized instruments.

Finally:

As Owash says the values ​​that you show are in that 20% one more and others at least. I arose the same doubt so I fly from 1 because if you do not stop and eat your head.

That liquid has never come to me but anyway when you do that test you can give between two values ​​at least that comes in the instructions of the glucometer example (with a solution between 103-142 with another 33-46 and with another between292-404 This is what comes to me in the box of the strips), and I think it depends on the lot of Titas

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
06/04/2013 9:01 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Finally:

I was going to give you the same advice

DiabetesForo
06/07/2013 5:11 p.m.

In the end the glucomen stayed.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/07/2013 5:51 p.m.

Get the test while taking blood for an analytics and then compares.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2013 2:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

When I make an analytical in the insurance I am very nervous.I just want you to end up fast to eat something.

And in the end I stayed with Menarini's glucomenlx+, that I almost always say that this sugar I think helps to take it better, to puncture less and to be more relaxed.Whether or not it is 100% exact.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/14/2013 1:35 a.m.

We always use Menarini.The values ​​are reliable, to judge by the average value and we have, we must not pull control, and also needs very little blood, so the puncture is minimized and the fingers thank you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/14/2013 12:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, this "comparative" is very interesting.In diabetes we go "blind", everything is "by eye" for much precision that they want to impose, and this is a clear example.I have already noticed differences with the same meter, repeating controls with the same drop of blood ... or for example, and finding important differences, a drop of one hand, and another of the other ... shouldn't it beA "centralized" level?

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/08/2014 6:23 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Let's see have never been for example for a week every time you control it three times to confirm the value?He gave me a week since I had the Dexcom since I had enough strips when I realized several times very distant values ​​to the Dexcom, being reliable at the end of the Dexcom.
Well, if it happens with the same meter, it doesn't matter a brand or model, many times you analyze if you did three tests see that for example gives you 110, 170 and 120.
It is an issue that has always existed, formerly with the strips you cleaned the blood and you saw the colors this did not happen.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/08/2014 6:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well, I'm going to tell my case last night.It turns out that I have the Dexcom, and last night I warned that I had it below 50, I noticed a little loose, but not too much, and I thought I was wrong, that maybe I was 70 or so, but not less.I went to the Freestyle Insulix glucose meter and I took it, I left 99. I said, you see how it was not so bad, although I also thought that 99 did not have.I told myself, come again, another gothic of blood on another finger.And it gives me 27 ... who was right?The Dexcom, the first strip, the second ...?If it serves you something, then I got very bad, so that of 99 I assure you that it was not right.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/11/2014 5:52 a.m.

Banhop what I do when this happens for the third analysis and there I already made decisions.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2014 7:16 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The truth is that I have the ultraeasy and sometimes they give me a bit "rare".I am a supporter of making me several analyzes letting pass a few minutes.And see "where the thing is going."

DiabetesForo
09/15/2014 12:37 p.m.

Seriously the ultraeasy is very inaccurate, in addition that the strips need about 10 times more blood than in the LX Plus glucomen.Say that they change it to a better meter.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/15/2014 7:36 p.m.

I always recommend contrasting my own glucometer with another from a health or pharmacy center where they do glucose tests.One takes your own device and your reactive strip, a measurement is made there and then with the other.It is a good way to get out of doubt, in addition, with the possibility of contrasting many glucometers in dissitant sites.

DiabetesForo
09/16/2014 4:21 a.m.

Good idea Miguel!

DiabetesForo
09/17/2014 5:01 a.m.

Sherpa41 said:
Ultraeasy is very inaccurate, in addition the strips need about 10 times more blood than in the LX Plus glucomen.Say that they change it to you for a better meter.

The reactive strips of the ultraeasy and the glucomen are compatible?

I want to buy a meter other than ultraeasy but use the same reactive strips.That is why the endocrine and are compatible.Any recommendation?Thank you!

DiabetesForo
09/17/2014 5:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.