Do sugar meters really work?

Sherpa41's profile photo   05/30/2013 9:45 a.m.

Roger said:
The reactive strips of the ultra -asy and the glucomen are compatible?

I want to buy a meter other than ultraeasy but use the same reactive strips.That is why the endocrine and are compatible.Any recommendation?Thanks!

No. The ones that are compatible are those of the one touch ultra 2, which for what I have tried if it is a reliable meter.Although not as modern as the lxplus glucomen (less blood and faster).

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/17/2014 12:16 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

By the way, yesterday and before a somewhat rare measurement that gave me my glucometer, I myself followed the advice I have given before.I went to an office carrying my device, I measured there in front of the nurse and then she with her, even taking advantage of the same finger prick.
My device had a result of 109 and that of office 118.
This approximate difference of 10% is reasonable and with it I already left doubt that my glucometer is acceptably operation.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/18/2014 4:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

sherpa41 said:
I have 4 new sugar meters, two one touch ultra2 , a onetouch ultraeasy and a menarini glucomenlxplus .

Right with the same drop of blood the glucomen has given me 161, the Onetouch2 197 and the Onetoucheasy 245 .: Shock:

I have a few days comparing results and they always do the same thing, the Ultraeasy goes enough to its ball so I have already ruled out.The glucomen and the ultra2 instead follow more or less one pattern, here I put some results:

Glucomen-Ultra2
106-124
112-143
148-176
175-195
188-250
252-327

It seems that ultra2 almost always gets 20% more in its results.But of course with which one I keep the glucomen or the ultra2?

Is there any place where they are calibrate or can you tell you to trust me?

I would not trust any of the Chinese, it is already known, when I consider that I went out high to do another test and it gives me lower or on the contrary, I have long realized that these glucometers that social security gives us the Social SecurityThey take a fart from P ....... I have been reading for a while and I find that they give you dowers, in 10 years it has not given me one, I do not know how you do to give you those downturn, I left theInsulin and all the pills that if I control myself with the Chinese and it is going to do 10 months and I have the stable sugar, if it is true that when I used insulin it was a lack of control, those measures that you have photographed have seen them when I haveHe injected and took pills now.I only use the equivalent in natural remedies and the truth is that I do well, I no longer have pain in the twins, arms, neck and the difficulty of walking all that disappeared within a few days of leaving the drugs.

Jose María Recio's profile photo
Jose María Recio
01/25/2018 3:41 a.m.

Jose María Recio said:
sherpa41 said:
I have 4 new sugar meters, two one touch ultra2 , a Onetouch Ultraeasy and a Menarini glucomenlxplus .

Right with the same drop of blood the glucomen has given me 161, the Onetouch2 197 and the Onetoucheasy 245 .: Shock:

I have a few days comparing results and they always do the same thing, the Ultraeasy goes enough to its ball so I have already ruled out.The glucomen and the ultra2 instead follow more or less one pattern, here I put some results:

Glucomen-Ultra2
106-124
112-143
148-176
175-195
188-250
252-327

It seems that ultra2 almost always gets 20% more in its results.But of course with which one I keep the glucomen or the ultra2?

I would not trust any of the Chinese, it is already known, when I consider that I went out high to do another test and it gives me lower or on the contrary, I have long realized that these glucometers that social security gives us the Social SecurityThey take a fart from P ....... I have been reading for a while and I find that they give you dowers, in 10 years it has not given me one, I do not know how you do to give you those downturn, I left theInsulin and all the pills that if I control myself with the Chinese and it is going to do 10 months and I have the stable sugar, if it is true that when I used insulin it was a lack of control, those measures that you have photographed have seen them when I haveHe injected and took pills now.I only use the equivalent in natural remedies and the truth is that I do well, I no longer have pain in the twins, arms, neck and the difficulty of walking all that disappeared within a few days of leaving the drugs.>

In the case of type 1 it is impossible to prevent 100%declines.When using insulin you can always be wrong in the dose, you move more than another day, insulin is absorbed differently by the site where you put it on or simply by hormonal issues the effect is different.What one day is going well for another can give you a downturn.In type 2 it is easier because in many cases you do not use insulin and without insulin it is very difficult for you to give you a downturn.But type 1 have to do the function of an organ as complex as the pancreas and without having all the data that your body has and it is impossible for us to do it as well as a healthy pancreas.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/25/2018 10:47 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Jose María Recio said:
sherpa41 said:
I have 4 new sugar meters, two one touch ultra2 , a Onetouch Ultraeasy and a Menarini glucomenlxplus .

Glucomen-Ultra2
106-124
112-143
148-176
175-195
188-250
252-327

I would not trust any of the Chinese, it is already known, when I consider that I went out high to do another test and it gives me lower or on the contrary, I have long realized that these glucometers that social security gives us the Social SecurityThey take a fart from P ....... I have been reading for a while and I find that they give you dowers, in 10 years it has not given me one, I do not know how you do to give you those downturn, I left theInsulin and all the pills that if I control myself with the Chinese and it is going to do 10 months and I have the stable sugar, if it is true that when I used insulin it was a lack of control, those measures that you have photographed have seen them when I haveHe injected and took pills now.I only use the equivalent in natural remedies and the truth is that I do well, I no longer have pain in the twins, arms, neck and the difficulty of walking all that disappeared within a few days of leaving the drugs.>

Have you stopped putting insulin and taking pills ????.....

Hypoglycemia, or whicwon like you flames, occur for a thousand circumstances and although you carry a perfect control of the disease from time to time (greater activity, greater action of insulin at a given time, slower absorption of a meal...in the end...).In any case, I anticipate that a person with type 1 diabetes only has one way to live: insulin.Changing insulin for natural remedies would only lead you to a rapid outcome ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/25/2018 11:13 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I recommend that you make you a blood glycemia and try to immediately make glycemia with your glucometer to see the difference.Remember that glycemia in the glucometer varies a bit but remember that the glucometer is to have approximate control, at no time it is accurate to blood glycemia.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
09/18/2018 1:27 a.m.

Due to the blocking situation that Venezuela suffers, insulin is not achieved, I have two insulin bottle left but they have expiration date 08-08 of 2018, I have not been able to find out how long insulin serves me after its expiration.I use insulin Humulin N. I would also like to know how long it can be kept out of the fridge.I appreciate your answers in advance thanks my sweet friends.As we have a lot of sugar inside I call them "my sweet friends and I think where we are brothers here in Venezuela Mrs. Tania Boom in the meetings of the Diabetic Association taught me that there are diabetics in blood and heart diabetics that are the ones that are the ones that are theThey accompany daily.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
09/21/2018 1:08 a.m.

Even if it expires, it does not lose effectiveness. It can continue to use several more months.
Outside the fridge they can be while they are in use.
That everything is resolved soon.
Greetings .

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/21/2018 1:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Normally they say that outside the fridge, with temperatures below 30c, it lasts a little less than 30 days.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/01/2018 9:43 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Greetings to all partners.
I have three different glucometers, but I am currently using the ACCU-Chek Aviva Insight, matched by Bluetoooh with the infuser.My recommendation, from my own experience, is that you use a single glucometer.Since there will always be a margin of difference, even being the same meter.When you do the test if the result does not convince you, you have to use another drop of blood, preferably on another finger of the same hand.Anyway, the glucometer company can also be asked to send the calibrated strips to check if something does not work well.To another and to take care of yourself.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
11/12/2018 8:19 p.m.

herrera said:
because of the blocking situation that Venezuela suffers, I do not get insulin, I have two insulin bottles but have expiration date 08-08 of 2018, I have not been able to find out how longInsulin serves after expiration.I use insulin Humulin N. I would also like to know how long it can be kept out of the fridge.I appreciate your answers in advance thanks my sweet friends.As we have a lot of sugar inside I call them "my sweet friends and I think where we are brothers here in Venezuela Mrs. Tania Boom in the meetings of the Diabetic Association taught me that there are diabetics in blood and heart diabetics that are the ones that are the ones that are theThey accompany daily.

Theoretically, the loss of action should be 5% on the expiration date.Simply prove, if you see that you get a lot increase the dose, or eat a little less than usual.Hopefully this message is when the lack of insulin is a bad memory.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
11/12/2018 10:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.