{'en': 'What happens to me?Possible effect of dawn?', 'es': '¿Qué me sucede? ¿Posible efecto del alba?'} Image

What happens to me?Possible effect of dawn?

LADA's profile photo   06/19/2013 4:23 a.m.

Hello chic@s I hope you can help me.

A month ago I went to my review, the endocrine told me that I had quite low levels in general (also of glycosilada) and the dose of insulin lowered me (now 1 unit for every 1.5 portions) and 12 of Levemir in the morning(At 9 in the morning), my FSI put it in 75.

The fact is that I have been observing that in the morning I wake up high, the endocrine does not give it importance but I have been worried for a few weeks.This morning I got up with 160, yesterday 153, 148..155.

I read in the photo and last night I put the alarm at 4:15 a.m.I wake up at 6:15 and at the breakfast at 6:45 I was 160. Last night I was going to bed was 155 but I had some insulin left (I have the Aviva Expert action and tells me).

The added problem is that after breakfast he already shoots ... Breakfast a glass of milk with 0% packet and 4 slices of integral roasted bread with a little tulip.3 rations.The little machine recommends 3 units and as I have been observing that I arrive high after breakfast I wear a more 4 and at 2 hours I have 220 (I have 0.4 insulin left but it advises me to put 1 unit, I do not wear it because the endocrineHe told me not to correct me and at 11:30 I usually have 120 or so).
The rest of the day I am quite well, within normal.

Is it possible that they have what they call alba effect?

I am 36 years old.Is it possible to be the cause of the cause of getting up but and the levels of after breakfast?

The recommendation of Levemir that I have is that if I am not less than 70 at dinner I do not move it.

I don't know if I should change breakfast or breakfast in itself ... how difficult is all.

Thank you!

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/19/2013 4:23 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

This disease is that surprising.And sometimes he has strange behaviors.In the theme "Diabetes" there is a comment that starts "Sudden up of glucose after breakfast", which you will find on the first page.
I refer you to him not to repeat so much.I just comment on my experience and as I have solved it.
When I get up, as I say, the most minimal breakfast shoots my glucose at 200. And therefore, a solution for my case (then each person is a world and we will have to be careful with whim), because I do not have breakfast.And eat something already advanced in the morning, when that curious phenomenon begins to send.
Then throughout the day it happens to me more or less what you say, which is more controlled.But in the morning I have that tendency to dawn and the level and with any food intake shoots.
Greetings, good luck and that you manage to correct the problem.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/19/2013 6:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

So you say you have breakfast, I think they are more than 3 servings, so at 2 hours you are a little high.The glass of milk is 1 ration, the coal tail even if it is 0% fat or sugar has carbohydrates that must also be counted (I imagine that if you take 1 tablespoon, it will be 1 more ration) and the 4 slices possibly are 2 rations oralmost.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/19/2013 6:30 a.m.

Bufff then see ... I thought they were 3 servings because in the table they gave me they put me that 4 slices of roasted bread (normal, biscotes) are 2 rations, the glass of milk 1 ration and what I do not tell is theColacao :?But still today I have put one more unit ... Anyway breakfast was the milk + Colacao + 40 gr of bread (those are 3 servings no?

Not having breakfast ... bufff I'm going to read the post you tell me to see but hahaha I don't know if I can wait for breakfast later hahaha

Thanks for everything

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/19/2013 6:44 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Lada, the sensitivity factor varies throughout the day.The normal thing is that more insulin is needed to cover a ration of hydrates in the morning, I have bomb I have scheduled a different sensitivity factor throughout the day.
Anyway, if with 4 units I lower you to 120 at 3 hours, it is fine, I do not measure me at two fair hours of the bolus because the highest effect I have almost 3 hours and that is when I measure me.
In your case I would try to remedy glycemia when you get up.

DiabetesForo
06/19/2013 6:53 a.m.

Lada, the solution I do not believe that I do not have breakfast, but by adjusting inslin and intake .....

DiabetesForo
06/19/2013 6:55 a.m.

But how do I try to correct the levels on an empty stomach?
I don't see it for breakfast, I do not see it first because I don't think I endure and second because I prefer to prick after breakfast also to change the habit now that I am learning.
The problem is that fasting levels are not due to nocturnal hypoan, I have already measured several days at several hours from the morning and I have no declines:-/ I do not know if to blame the Levemir because at night I am fineAnd between the day and between meals too.
After breakfast I will have to see and learn because for example I for the Colacao did not tell me anything ... I learn day by day reading and with the advice you give me.

Thank you so much

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/19/2013 7:34 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Levemir does not usually cover 24 h, so it is easy that in the morning its effect is almost running and the new dose does not act until after a while (that's why you will be high after breakfast and well after).
You can try to fix it by putting another unit of Levemir, to try to lengthen its duration, or move on to Lantus, which covers the best 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/19/2013 6:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Lada, the tables that doctors give you with the amounts of hydrates that some foods have, take it as something orientative that they give you at the beginning.By this I want to say that a while, the best thing you can do is learn your same to count hydrates to better adjust the doses.You just have to look at food labels, if you already know that 10 gr of hydrates is 1 ration, because to make accounts.What are you going to eat spaghettis?You look at the label: 100 gr has 68gr of hydrates.In the case that you would like to eat 4 rations of spaguettis ... the rule of 3. If 100 gr are 68 gr of hydrates, 40 gr of hydrates (4 rations) ... are x gr.From Spaguettis, and you know what you have to eat.

Right now I do not know the nutritional values ​​of the cola 0% fiber, but it sounds to me that when I have taken it, I once counted 9 gr of COO (a spoonful not very full) was 1 ration.

Maybe it's too explanatory ... but hey, it never hurts.:-/

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/19/2013 7:03 p.m.

Lada, the tables that doctors give you with the amounts of hydrates that some foods have, take it as something orientative that they give you at the beginning.By this I want to say that a while, the best thing you can do is learn your same to count hydrates to better adjust the doses.You just have to look at food labels, if you already know that 10 gr of hydrates is 1 ration, because to make accounts.What are you going to eat spaghettis?You look at the label: 100 gr has 68gr of hydrates.In the case that you would like to eat 4 rations of spaguettis ... the rule of 3. If 100 gr are 68 gr of hydrates, 40 gr of hydrates (4 rations) ... are x gr.From Spaguettis, and you know what you have to eat.

Right now I do not know the nutritional values ​​of the cola 0% fiber, but it sounds to me that when I have taken it, I once counted 9 gr of COO (a spoonful not very full) was 1 ration.

Maybe it's too explanatory ... but hey, it never hurts.:-/

No, it doesn't hurt ... sometimes I get lost with those things, I try to adjust to the table and when I see that it is going wrong, I am still knowing that they are not mathematics, as I put on and units and everything will be fine.
Today I have changed breakfast, I got up with 120 (I don't remember the last time I got up with these levels) I took a glass of milk with decaffeinated (I have separated the 0%packet) 3 slices of bread (in the packageThat every 2 slices are 25 gr, calculate as you have told me, I take 3) in total 3 portions.The machine recommends 2 units, I put 3 units and at 2 hours 236 ... Ainssss

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/20/2013 3:51 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

I insist with my theory, even if it seems crazy.
It is about delaying breakfast for a couple of hours only, it is a matter of habit.Once you get used to it, you do it naturally.Try two or three days to see the result.Another thing you can do, is to take at the usual time only a yogurt light (fruit I do not recommend it) and after some time you already eat some more food.
Of course, controlling very well doses and other circumstances to avoid hypoglycemia.But that first hour in the morning for some is fatal.Call yourself as you want: insulin resistance, ALBA phenomenon, lack of dose effects of the previous day, is the same.But it is clear that it is not the same to ingest food when lifting as at noon.I have solved it with that sacrifice, but obviously all cases are not the same.
Greetings and good vacations (those who can enjoy them, of course).

DiabetesForo
06/20/2013 4:05 a.m.

I think the hydrates counting continues to fail.It would be good to know if the slices of bread you eat are medium or large size.Of medium size, although a tad varies according to the brand is 10 gr of hydrates each slice (that is, if you eat 3 + 1 glass of milk, they would be 4 portions).If you eat are large size, they are 15 gr of hydrates per slice (that is, 1.5 x 3 slices ... would be 4.5 + 1 glass of milk = 5.5 rations).

As you can see, you are eating more hydrates than you think and that is why you do not finish adjusting the dose well.I do not know if there was another reason apart because the one you are up to, but counting the hydrates well is important.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/20/2013 4:43 a.m.

Sorry, I just realized that you had put how many hydrates had 2 rebans and I have released you all the roll.

If 2 slices are 25 gr of hydrates, and you eat 3 would be 37.5 gr of hydrates ... that is, rounding up 4 rations + 1 ration of the glass of milk = breakfasts 5 rations, and not 3 as you thought.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/20/2013 4:49 a.m.

Sorry, I just realized that you had put how many hydrates had 2 rebans and I have released you all the roll.

If 2 slices are 25 gr of hydrates, and you eat 3 would be 37.5 gr of hydrates ... that is, rounding up 4 rations + 1 ration of the glass of milk = breakfasts 5 rations, and not 3 as you thought.

Ainssss Diosss if you are right .... :?:( :? Is that I was stirred in something else ... before breakfast normal bread and the 40 gr are 2 rations of hydrates but it does not happen the same with the rest of bread ...( :(: Oops :: Oops: Tomorrow I return to the load with the notebook since I get up and see how ...
Thank you very much and thanks also for your patience with me hahaha

I do not have very successful thing about carbohydrate counting, is the problem that the endocrine starts your papers and does not have time for you ...

Let's see how I am doing tomorrow.

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/20/2013 5:22 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Many swords !!Do not worry, that I think has happened to us all ... I with the 40 gr of bread, there are 2 rations I have also made me mess later when I wanted to tell other things.If you have more doubts you already know !!I am still a rookie ... I was diagnosed 6 months ago, but I can do something!:)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/20/2013 6:01 a.m.

Many of swims !!Do not worry, that I think has happened to us all ... I with the 40 gr of bread, there are 2 rations I have also made me mess later when I wanted to tell other things.If you have more doubts you already know !!I am still a rookie ... I was diagnosed 6 months ago, but I can do something!: ...

Jo, because to have only 6 months with this disease you are very put ... the truth is that I am still uncontrolled with my endocrine to gresca continuously because if it were not for this forum and what I read on the Internet would not know anything at all... And on top of that you tell him and tells you that why I have not asked before ... Well, he hear because I find out things as they happen to me and I am investigating them ... It is not that he intends to know everything butAt least I can understand a little what happens to me ... In the end I always leave the feeling of what I have wasted time ... it ends up saying that you have to try dose and that as much as I try I will never haveAll under control ... now can you try to improve ???

Anyway ... thank you very much

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/20/2013 6:12 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Anyway, with respect to the fact that you now get up high after the endocrine lowered you a slow unit, doctors try to adjust but in the end however they tell you it is you who see how you evolve day by day.In the end, the doctor ends up being you.I mean that if you see that a change does not work or you see that you get a little out of control, do not be afraid of making decisions in your treatment (within a limit, of course).

The slow is changed depending on how you get up in the morning, if until now you came up with normal values, and after lowering a unit ... now you get up high ... white and in bottle.I would rise again a unit.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/20/2013 6:14 a.m.

The truth is that I have been lucky.I was admitted for a week, and every day I had an educator in diabetes to the room and I was with me 1 hour explaining a lot of things.And I kept going to his consultation 1 time a month where he explained to me for 1 hour or even sometimes more, all the doubts I had, and until I had everything clear I did not discharge me.It should be like that in all places, because it is quite difficult to assimilate and learn this ... as if you go home with pages and without knowing what 1 ration is.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/20/2013 6:19 a.m.

That is the feeling that I have, that after all, the doctor somo ourselves ... she tells me that I only have to change the less less than dinner I am with less than 70 but the reality is that before theDinner I am fine but I have noticed that when I downloaded both units when I wake up I am higher ... but when I have increased it I arrive at the consultation and get it down again because it says that the levels before dinner are fine ... it is aContinuous fight ...
I will try to press to ask for an appointment with my hospital's diabetological educator and comment on all doubts because they are many as you can ... buffff

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/20/2013 6:59 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

What time do you click on the slow one?In my case it is in the morning, and I have to look at how I get up, I do not know if in the case of putting it at night you have to look at how you are at night (before dinner).As you see I still escape ...!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/20/2013 7:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.