{'en': 'What happens to me?Possible effect of dawn?', 'es': '¿Qué me sucede? ¿Posible efecto del alba?'} Image

What happens to me?Possible effect of dawn?

LADA's profile photo   06/19/2013 4:23 a.m.

Ok, I've seen you click at 9 in the morning the slow ... It seems that I'm blind ... hahaha

I can be wrong, but what the endocrine tells you that if before dinner if you go down you have to change the slow ... I find it nonsense.If you go down before dinner, you have been more active and you have not cried or "chopped" enough for what you have moved.It is not the same, eating and staying all afternoon at home, going shopping or taking a walk.In fact, that happened to me yesterday, I went from stores ... and I got to dinner at 21:30 with 68 ... even though I ate something between store and store ... I should have eaten something else.

The reference you have to have to change or not the slow one, is as you get up.Anyway, because one day you will not expect a value, nor do you have to act at that time ... If one day you get down, wait to see how you do the rest of the days, but the same thing already happens3-4-5 days ... something will have to change.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/20/2013 7:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Eye that the lantus is not the same as Levemir.Lantus in theory lasts 24 hours but Levemir no, I think it lasts about 12 hours, that's why two doses are usually put.Consult with your endocrine because you may need to unfold the dose of Levemir so as not to get up.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/20/2013 7:58 a.m.

I put it in the morning at 9:00, the educator told me that at night but as soon as I returned to the endocrine he told me no, that in the morning I worked better so I put it at 9 amTomorrow but according to her to go up or down the dose I have to look at how I am before dinner ... and that also gave me in writing haha ​​like everything because I arrived and in 8 minutes or 13 it gives me information to helm and then releases methe papers and tell me to look at it at home ... yes, that I look at it but and if I do not understand something I do ???I expect 4 months to have consultation again ???
I should have a little more touch.

Thank you

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/20/2013 8:17 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Ah, forgiveness, I did not know how to be leveem ... so what I have told you does not help you much.Sorry:-/

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/20/2013 8:24 a.m.

Levemir in 1 daily dose can work in certain patients (honeymoon, low insulin need, high exercise ...)
The studies say that their maximum duration is between 18 and 20 hours.
Between 6 and 8 hours is when it takes its maximum effect.

My opinion is that it is better to do it in 2 doses, although the second is very small quantity.
You control glycemia.
But if you go to a single dose, I would put it after food or dinner.
LEVELING 3 hours after a main meals amortizas those last hours of the levemir dose and complete 24 hours with ultrarapid insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/20/2013 2:28 p.m.

Good morning...

Muchuchas thanks to all.
Today I got up with 125, last night I had 83 I took a glass of milk and this morning very well.I have had breakfast correctly the rations as you explained to me and I had 135 later (I had 0.2 or according to the little machine) so very happy.

Regarding the Levemir, I started to let myself be leveled but when I prick her in my leg I got bumps, like grains ... hot, red and was enlarging ... in the health center they told me that it was because of the way of pricking me (whichI also had to learn alone) but with the new form, nothing remained the same.The endocrine changed it to Lantus, told me that it seemed like an allergic reaction (something I doubt because it did not happen to me every day) and it was great but I asked me if I wanted to have children and say that I was thinking about it and withdrew it to me andWe returned to the Levemir ... They keep getting lumps from time to time but I have realized that they only leave me if I shed very down if I do it in my thigh as top I can and on one side do not come out.

He told me that if I was still the same with the packages that I would have to change to Humalog (I think) but that I would have to put it in two doses .... because of how little I understand I think it is completely discardThe nurse advised me to put her at night and after being for 2 months by clicking on the night, she told me empaddísima that the Levemir was punctured in the morning because it is when it is more effective ... (angry by the nurse, I suppose) :?

I said so much thanks for getting my mistake with the HC count.

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/21/2013 6:29 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

You're welcome ... for that we are!I'm glad at least breakfast you have it controlled!;)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/22/2013 5:14 a.m.

I often have a hard time calculating breakfast.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/01/2024 10:26 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is an effect of book dawn.
If you know this, you will have to upload the basal insulin a little.From what I have seen is Levemir, I think that with two units it will be enough.But always do it from one in one.
Another thing, if one day you move a lot or do some sport, you will need less basal insulin in the next puncture, to avoid hypoglycemia.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
05/02/2024 5:49 p.m.

@Lada, the Lantus is very proven in pregnancies.I think you have to inform yourself your endo better.
Levemir does not cover 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/03/2024 7:38 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.